New Transformers Sightings in Canada Including Siege Mirage, Impactor and Barricade

Transformers News: New Transformers Sightings in Canada Including Siege Mirage, Impactor and Barricade

Thursday, September 19th, 2019 9:39PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 14,097

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Canada is making up for a dry spell with Transformers sightings that lasted half the year. They are now the first country in the west to have Transformers War for Cybertron Siege deluxe Mirage, Impactor and Barricade. Those were found in a Walmart in Scarborough. The sighting comes from Primetyme who posted it in the Cybertron.ca forums.

This is not the only new Siege sighting in Canada. At Walmarts across the nation we can now find the wave of Battle Masters that includes Smashdown and the latest Micromasters with Powertrain and Highjump. Even Thundercracker was spotted in an Ontario Walmart as KIDCHUCKLE pointed out in the same forums.

When it comes to Studio Series, the voyagers Long Haul and KSI Boss were found at Walmart and leader DOTM Optimus Prime is now shipping from amazon.ca. This makes Canada up to date on all Siege toys before the final wave and all the Studio Series toys of 2019.

Transformers News: New Transformers Sightings in Canada Including Siege Mirage, Impactor and Barricade

Transformers News: New Transformers Sightings in Canada Including Siege Mirage, Impactor and Barricade
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: New Transformers Sightings in Canada Including Siege Mirage, Impactor and Barricade (2038970)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on September 20th, 2019 @ 7:29am CDT
Isn't the final wave of battlemasters Singe and Rung and not Smashdown?
Re: New Transformers Sightings in Canada Including Siege Mirage, Impactor and Barricade (2038971)
Posted by william-james88 on September 20th, 2019 @ 7:57am CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:Isn't the final wave of battlemasters Singe and Rung and not Smashdown?

Yes, will correct.
Re: New Transformers Sightings in Canada Including Siege Mirage, Impactor and Barricade (2038973)
Posted by MGrotusque on September 20th, 2019 @ 8:29am CDT
Good to see the shelves are getting stocked again but i've kinda given up on transformers at retail stores. SO long without shelves being stocked that i've given up all together.
Re: New Transformers Sightings in Canada Including Siege Mirage, Impactor and Barricade (2038975)
Posted by mattysan on September 20th, 2019 @ 8:35am CDT
I don't know the business, so I don't know why this is, but Hasbro needs to do a better job of getting these in the hands of U.S. collectors sooner. Why are these and Ratchet out at Canadian retail but not even a peep from U.S. sellers? As far as I know, Barricade has not even gone up for pre-order anywhere yet, including Hasbro Pulse. I'm also getting pretty tired of the exclusives; Target is the worst by far what with the RED Card exclusive Redwing, followed by Walgreens and their lack of any information regarding Ratchet, then Walmart (a store I just hate walking into because every one of them has the same rancid hot dog smell).
Re: New Transformers Sightings in Canada Including Siege Mirage, Impactor and Barricade (2038976)
Posted by william-james88 on September 20th, 2019 @ 8:49am CDT
mattysan wrote:I don't know the business, so I don't know why this is, but Hasbro needs to do a better job of getting these in the hands of U.S. collectors sooner. Why are these and Ratchet out at Canadian retail but not even a peep from U.S. sellers? As far as I know, Barricade has not even gone up for pre-order anywhere yet, including Hasbro Pulse. I'm also getting pretty tired of the exclusives; Target is the worst by far what with the RED Card exclusive Redwing, followed by Walgreens and their lack of any information regarding Ratchet, then Walmart (a store I just hate walking into because every one of them has the same rancid hot dog smell).


All those specific woes are at the retailer level, not Hasbro's.

Wave 4 deluxes are due out in October, not before. Them being in canada before the US is just because one Walmart store put them up before the calendar date (which they do not care to respect).

Ratchet was always coming to Wallgreens for the holiday season, not before. Hoping to see it before they stock up their holiday selection is only setting yourself up for dissapointment. They do that every year for their exclusives.

Target chose to make redwing a red card exclusive, that's on them.
Re: New Transformers Sightings in Canada Including Siege Mirage, Impactor and Barricade (2038977)
Posted by mattysan on September 20th, 2019 @ 8:56am CDT
Completely disagree; Hasbro has a lot more control over this.

If Walmart isn't playing by the rules, then stop giving them exclusives.

If you think Hasbro had zero say in Redwing being a RED Card exclusive when it was so prominently advertised on their site, you're delusional. Of course they had a say in that. Target had to get the OK for that from Hasbro.

EB Games in Canada has Ratchet available. Walgreens could do the same. Again, if EB Games is somehow not playing by the rules, then Hasbro should stop giving them exclusives.

And I believe, but hey I could be wrong here, that Hasbro has complete say on what Hasbro Pulse does. They could be at least putting Barricade up for pre-order. They could offer us a special paid membership tier that gave us direct access to exclusives so that we don't have to step foot in Walgreens, Target, EB, Walmart, or any other brick and mortar location. Less cost, fewer middlemen that way. It is 2019 after all, it's idiotic not to provide this as a service to die hard collectors.
Re: New Transformers Sightings in Canada Including Siege Mirage, Impactor and Barricade (2038979)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 20th, 2019 @ 9:15am CDT
Toys R Us Laval.


Damn. No Siege wave 2 so no Ironhide. But at least, W3 is here and there is a small sale too. Cyberverse Spark Armor Ratchet and Shockwave too. Plus a full restock of the Seige Refraktors 3pack!

1568988892108741256338271426507.jpg
Re: New Transformers Sightings in Canada Including Siege Mirage, Impactor and Barricade (2038995)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on September 20th, 2019 @ 10:41am CDT
mattysan wrote:Completely disagree; Hasbro has a lot more control over this.

If Walmart isn't playing by the rules, then stop giving them exclusives.


Hmm, so lets see, toy sales and sections of stores in general have been shrinking for years, and there are limited brick and mortar stores that will even carry those toys nowadays. In the US it is basically Walmart or Target with Walgreens sort of in a distant third place nationally. Sure there are some regional chains like Meijer, or dissappearing chains like K-mart in there as well.

And your solution for Hasbro to start getting toys to be released on their desired schedule is to cut off the largest chain that will carry their products from exclusives? Sure, lets cut ourselves off at the knees with Walmart, the largest retailer, makes sense.

mattysan wrote:If you think Hasbro had zero say in Redwing being a RED Card exclusive when it was so prominently advertised on their site, you're delusional. Of course they had a say in that. Target had to get the OK for that from Hasbro.


Do you actually have any facts to back this up, or just speculation? It has been a number of years since Target had any exclusives, and with TRU now out of the way, Hasbro needs other retailers like Target to pick some of these up. If I was in Hasbro's place, I'd want the second largest retailer in the US to want to carry my exclusives much more that I would worry about butthurt fans complaining about the method Target want to sell them.

mattysan wrote:EB Games in Canada has Ratchet available. Walgreens could do the same. Again, if EB Games is somehow not playing by the rules, then Hasbro should stop giving them exclusives.


You are completely lost here. EB is doing nothing wrong, they are providing the products when they are ready for release. It is Walgreens that is delaying putting Ratchet out until they reset their toy section for the holidays. It has been this way every year from TR Brainstorm, the TR clones though PotP Wreck Gar last year and will be the same this year. Your butthurt on Canada getting Ratchet first shouldn't be aimed at EB or Hasbro, but rather Walgreens. Next you will probably say they shoudl pull the exclusives from Walgreens. While I would prefer that personally, it would be a terrible business move for Hasbro to cut of any retailer outlet in today's market.

mattysan wrote:And I believe, but hey I could be wrong here, that Hasbro has complete say on what Hasbro Pulse does. They could be at least putting Barricade up for pre-order. They could offer us a special paid membership tier that gave us direct access to exclusives so that we don't have to step foot in Walgreens, Target, EB, Walmart, or any other brick and mortar location. Less cost, fewer middlemen that way. It is 2019 after all, it's idiotic not to provide this as a service to die hard collectors.


Do you understand the draw for having an exclusive product in your store as a retailer? If someone can only get this product in my store or on my website, then it increases the chance of me selling them something else from my store that they could get from my competition.

Hasbro wants to be able to sell products in as many ways and locations as possible and that requires working with your retail outlet partners, not working against them just to please die hard collectors. There are a hell of a lot more opportunities and potential customers at regular retail than there are die hard collectors. Plus, they also know the die hard collectors will be much more likely to jump through a few hoops to get the exclusives we want than the general public would be to get the basic product at regular retail. So navigating this from Hasbro's point of view requires throwing your retailers a few bones to their retail partners on exclusives.

Did it suck signing up for a RedCard? For sure
Will it suck waiting for November for Ratchet? It will
Is a bunch of pissing and moaning from die hard fans (who apparently don't understand the retail environment) going to change anything? Big fat nope
Re: New Transformers Sightings in Canada Including Siege Mirage, Impactor and Barricade (2039202)
Posted by bvzxa on September 22nd, 2019 @ 3:39pm CDT
mattysan wrote:Completely disagree; Hasbro has a lot more control over this.

If Walmart isn't playing by the rules, then stop giving them exclusives.

If you think Hasbro had zero say in Redwing being a RED Card exclusive when it was so prominently advertised on their site, you're delusional. Of course they had a say in that. Target had to get the OK for that from Hasbro.

EB Games in Canada has Ratchet available. Walgreens could do the same. Again, if EB Games is somehow not playing by the rules, then Hasbro should stop giving them exclusives.

And I believe, but hey I could be wrong here, that Hasbro has complete say on what Hasbro Pulse does. They could be at least putting Barricade up for pre-order. They could offer us a special paid membership tier that gave us direct access to exclusives so that we don't have to step foot in Walgreens, Target, EB, Walmart, or any other brick and mortar location. Less cost, fewer middlemen that way. It is 2019 after all, it's idiotic not to provide this as a service to die hard collectors.


Dont waste your time here debating since the entire staff works for Hasbro and has degrees in Business and Administration and or work high level management jobs for major retailers...these guys know everything :roll: :roll: :roll:

TBH Hasbro is notorious for bad distribution for a long, long time. During the Unicron Trilogy it was rampant especially during the lasts waves of Energon. TF Prime toys had terrible distro during the release of the First Editions that showed up all over Canada and trickled down to TRU in the States later on. Does Hasbro have control over distro? Yes!! It sucks but the way it is it will always be that way because it's Hasbro.
Re: New Transformers Sightings in Canada Including Siege Mirage, Impactor and Barricade (2039204)
Posted by william-james88 on September 22nd, 2019 @ 3:45pm CDT
bvzxa wrote:TBH Hasbro is notorious for bad distribution for a long, long time. During the Unicron Trilogy it was rampant especially during the lasts waves of Energon. TF Prime toys had terrible distro during the release of the First Editions that showed up all over Canada and trickled down to TRU in the States later on. Does Hasbro have control over distro? Yes!! It sucks but the way it is it will always be that way because it's Hasbro.

Of course the last thing a toy company wants to do is sell their toys to consumers, hence why they go out of their way with this distribution to make sure you guys dont get your toys.
Re: New Transformers Sightings in Canada Including Siege Mirage, Impactor and Barricade (2039250)
Posted by bvzxa on September 22nd, 2019 @ 10:37pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
bvzxa wrote:TBH Hasbro is notorious for bad distribution for a long, long time. During the Unicron Trilogy it was rampant especially during the lasts waves of Energon. TF Prime toys had terrible distro during the release of the First Editions that showed up all over Canada and trickled down to TRU in the States later on. Does Hasbro have control over distro? Yes!! It sucks but the way it is it will always be that way because it's Hasbro.

Of course the last thing a toy company wants to do is sell their toys to consumers, hence why they go out of their way with this distribution to make sure you guys dont get your toys.


Thanks Hasbro!!!
Re: New Transformers Sightings in Canada Including Siege Mirage, Impactor and Barricade (2039267)
Posted by Deadput on September 23rd, 2019 @ 12:59am CDT
bvzxa wrote:
Thanks Hasbro!!!


Pretty sure he was being sarcastic.
Re: New Transformers Sightings in Canada Including Siege Mirage, Impactor and Barricade (2039432)
Posted by william-james88 on September 24th, 2019 @ 9:45am CDT
With the Siege Micromaster 10 pack found at Toysrus Canada earlier, it was only a matter of time before the other target Exclusives came as well. And they have. Both the Transformers War for Cybertron Seeker 3 pack and the Transformers Cyberverse Spark Armour Cheetor have been spotted at Toysrus stores across the country. The seekers are at a rather economic $99.99 CAD ($75 USD) while Cheetor is selling for $5 more than the other similarly sized Spark Armour figures like Megatron and Optimus. The SKU for the seekers is 073876 so that is the number you can use to identify them when calling or asking in a store if that set is available. Speaking of availability, while Siege Cromar was already spotted, several Toysrus stores are waiting until October 4th to sell him, which explains why several stores still do not have him on the shelves.

Image
Re: New Transformers Sightings in Canada Including Siege Mirage, Impactor and Barricade (2039440)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 24th, 2019 @ 10:38am CDT
100$can for the Rainmakers set! That's pretty damn cheap! :shock:

Especially considering that the Refraktors set is the same price and single voyager is 40$CAN.
Re: New Transformers Sightings in Canada Including Siege Mirage, Impactor and Barricade (2039443)
Posted by william-james88 on September 24th, 2019 @ 11:06am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:100$can for the Rainmakers set! That's pretty damn cheap! :shock:

Especially considering that the Refraktors set is the same price and single voyager is 40$CAN.

I didnt think of it that way, 3 voyagers for the price of the 3 deluxes set, sounds good.
Re: New Transformers Sightings in Canada Including Siege Mirage, Impactor and Barricade (2039456)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 24th, 2019 @ 1:33pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:100$can for the Rainmakers set! That's pretty damn cheap! :shock:

Especially considering that the Refraktors set is the same price and single voyager is 40$CAN.

I didnt think of it that way, 3 voyagers for the price of the 3 deluxes set, sounds good.


I don't get it. Is this a "potahto-poteito" thing?
Re: New Transformers Sightings in Canada Including Siege Mirage, Impactor and Barricade (2039477)
Posted by Deadput on September 24th, 2019 @ 5:15pm CDT
Considering the price of other multipacks in the past I think 100 dollars does sound pretty decent here for those 3.
Re: New Transformers Sightings in Canada Including Siege Mirage, Impactor and Barricade (2039479)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 24th, 2019 @ 5:22pm CDT
Deadput wrote:Considering the price of other multipacks in the past I think 100 dollars does sound pretty decent here for those 3.


I expected at least 120$CAN, meaning the price of a regular voyager times three. Plus maybe 10$ more because reasons. But the price of voyagers on sale? Sign me up!
...That is, for those who care about the set. I will limit myself only to Thundercracker for another Siege seeker for my sealed TC collection.
Re: New Transformers Sightings in Canada Including Siege Mirage, Impactor and Barricade (2039487)
Posted by Deadput on September 24th, 2019 @ 6:08pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
I expected at least 120$CAN, meaning the price of a regular voyager times three. Plus maybe 10$ more because reasons. But the price of voyagers on sale? Sign me up!
...That is, for those who care about the set. I will limit myself only to Thundercracker for another Siege seeker for my sealed TC collection.


I must collect all of them, didn't do so for Classics since I was just a kid then and I love army building, especially with my head canon universe my collection takes part in where Transformers mostly didn't pick their looks but rather were placed into pre built designs.

The Seeker body design was a cheap mass produced design to build up a global Air/Space force to police Cybertron as well as be it's military, Seekers would come from many different backgrounds such as being forged into those bodies from the get go, from Cybertronians who owed big debts and thus joined the Seekers to pay them off, Criminals who were forced to convert into cheap bodied that could be easily monitored, those who volunteered for whatever reasons, etc

Coneheads were a head design used as a mark of shame to Seekers who committed actions of great heresy as running from battle, the procedure is usually done in such a way that it is irreversible, basically a conehead is a permanent dunce cap.

The body type is simple but maneuverable and depending on the importance of the individual their frame materials would differ in quality, for examples Seekers from criminal backgrounds would get very low quality alloy that isn't very durable at all.


Ah anyways I hope we are able to get Red Wing somehow at some point.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #232 - NYCC 2019
Twincast / Podcast #232:
"NYCC 2019"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 6th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "BRAND NEW TRANSFORMERS NEMESIS PRIME POWER OF THE PRIMES AMAZON EXCLUSIVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Decepticon Stinger Plush Stuffed Figure 16" AR175" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Adventure Steeljaw (Robots in Disguise)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2014 Age of Extinction Legends Legion Strafe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 4 Generations AOE Voyager DINOBOT SLOG " on EBAY
Buy "NEW Takara Tomy Hasbro TRANSFORMERS Bumblebee Movie Studio Series Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction AD26 Lockdown" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Amazon Exclusive Powerdasher Aragon ONLY" on EBAY