Wednesday, October 14th, 2020 7:36am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 32,619

Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user, MadProject, dropped a bombshell of an image in our forums, that of a selection of Studio Series 86 figures and their boxes! The image seems to have been leaked via Facebook account, DaimChoc Reports.

Transformers News: New Transformers Studio Series 86 Leak - Leader Class Grimlock, Deluxe Class Blurr and Jazz

The image shows Voyager Class Scourge, Voyager Class Hot Rod, Deluxe Class Blurr, Deluxe Class Jazz, Leader Class Grimlock and Wheelie and lastly, Deluxe Class Kup. This reveals as well that the Studio Series 86 figures are not numbered like the other Studio Series figures. We also get a good look at the accessories the figures come with and it looks as though Grimlock is only coming with his gun (which is accurate to the movie). It is unknown at this point if the included wheelie transforms or not.

It is highly likely that Hasbro will be officially revealing them Friday, giving us an even better and more detailed look at them.

What do you think of these? Are you adding them to your collection? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): DaimChoc Reports Facebook Page

Re: New Transformers Studio Series 86 Leak - Leader Class Grimlock, Deluxe Class Blurr and Jazz (2083798)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 14th, 2020 @ 7:53am CDT
Looking forward the official pictures.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series 86 Leak - Leader Class Grimlock, Deluxe Class Blurr and Jazz (2083799)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on October 14th, 2020 @ 7:57am CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:So, I just had my skipjack and blitzwing cancelled by target, apparently, they had enough stock to send to their **** stores months ago, but they couldn't be bothered to **** fulfill a pre-order. Apparently I didn't approve the delay, but I was never told that I needed to, so, what the hell :BANG_HEAD:

Same happened to me about a month ago ago with those 2 and a couple of others. Some of mine cancelled without any notice and others I had to approve, but when I went to approve and confirm the payment method, you lost out on the sale from Feb.

I ended up going with Amazon and had them within a couple days.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series 86 Leak - Leader Class Grimlock, Deluxe Class Blurr and Jazz (2083800)
Posted by Keelan on October 14th, 2020 @ 8:00am CDT
Cybercookiereports on Instagram shared a rumor that not only said that Grimlock would only come with his blaster and that Wheelie would not transform so I wouldn't get your hopes up if you are looking for a transforming Wheelie.

I think that they all look amazing, though I am only getting Grimlock at this point in time, all though I am interested to see what Blurr's alt mode will look like...
Re: New Transformers Studio Series 86 Leak - Leader Class Grimlock, Deluxe Class Blurr and Jazz (2083801)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on October 14th, 2020 @ 8:03am CDT
Jazz was always going to be a pass for me since I'm happy with United Jazz.

Grimlock looks like the last word on G1 Grimlock. I'll probably get all of these minus Jazz.

I kinda wish I hadn't gotten the Headmaster versions of these guys now.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series 86 Leak - Leader Class Grimlock, Deluxe Class Blurr and Jazz (2083802)
Posted by Mindmaster on October 14th, 2020 @ 8:06am CDT
Oh mama.....

Jazz I’m most excited for: I like the Reveal the Shield but wasn’t quite there for me. This one though... =P~

Blurr and Grimlock look really nice, I’m down for them too.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series 86 Leak - Leader Class Grimlock, Deluxe Class Blurr and Jazz (2083803)
Posted by Mr.MicroMaster on October 14th, 2020 @ 8:09am CDT
You fall off the truck and you fall of the truck!
Re: New Transformers Studio Series 86 Leak - Leader Class Grimlock, Deluxe Class Blurr and Jazz (2083806)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on October 14th, 2020 @ 8:54am CDT

I know a lot of SS fans don't feel that G1 is a good fit, but personally I'm grateful that we can get figures that complement rather than replace Generations toys. All of the characters on this page have had figures within the last five years, and these are substantively different in engineering, deco, and overall aesthetic.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series 86 Leak - Leader Class Grimlock, Deluxe Class Blurr and Jazz (2083807)
Posted by Notimus Crime on October 14th, 2020 @ 9:03am CDT
yeah I'm going have to wait on official images before I decide what I'm getting. Grimlock looks promising so far, disappointed he doesn't come with his sword but it's not a big deal. As for Blurr, man I do really like TR blurr but that looks a whole lot better. If the alt mode looks good yeah the TR one is getting retired. Oh yeah and my POTP Jazz has had a couple of breakages on his translucent parts so it won't be very hard for this Jazz to convince me to replace him (POTP Jazz wasn't even that good to begin with).
Re: New Transformers Studio Series 86 Leak - Leader Class Grimlock, Deluxe Class Blurr and Jazz (2083808)
Posted by GlenSColen on October 14th, 2020 @ 9:12am CDT
Re: New Transformers Studio Series 86 Leak - Leader Class Grimlock, Deluxe Class Blurr and Jazz (2083809)
Posted by aronjlove on October 14th, 2020 @ 9:16am CDT
Maybe it is just the picture quality but Jazz and Grimlock look more like R.E.D. figures than Generations figures. I guess that is the point of Studio Series, make them look exactly like they did on screen, but something about those two seems off. Looking forward to an official reveal and better quality pics.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series 86 Leak - Leader Class Grimlock, Deluxe Class Blurr and Jazz (2083810)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 14th, 2020 @ 9:17am CDT
AcademyofDrX wrote:I'm glad I didn't shell out $90 for the Takara Legends Blurr. This one looks like it will meet my cartoon-accurate needs, and the TR one will stick around as a season 4 and toy-inspired version.

In essence, this is Hasbro having their cake and eating it (more G1 and beasts at the same time)
Re: New Transformers Studio Series 86 Leak - Leader Class Grimlock, Deluxe Class Blurr and Jazz (2083811)
Posted by Master Farr 1 on October 14th, 2020 @ 9:35am CDT
did they jump out of the actual movie or something?
Re: New Transformers Studio Series 86 Leak - Leader Class Grimlock, Deluxe Class Blurr and Jazz (2083812)
Posted by blackeyedprime on October 14th, 2020 @ 9:38am CDT
Grimlock proportions look off, his arms look way too long. Some of the other figures look like their legs are too short but hopefully better photos will straighten that out.

Not fussed about wheelie transforming with having the pilotable tr/tl versions so he's just an added bonus.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series 86 Leak - Leader Class Grimlock, Deluxe Class Blurr and Jazz (2083813)
Posted by o.supreme on October 14th, 2020 @ 9:42am CDT
Re: New Transformers Studio Series 86 Leak - Leader Class Grimlock, Deluxe Class Blurr and Jazz (2083820)
Posted by cruizerdave on October 14th, 2020 @ 10:02am CDT
That Blurr may end up being the dark horse favorite of the bunch!
Re: New Transformers Studio Series 86 Leak - Leader Class Grimlock, Deluxe Class Blurr and Jazz (2083822)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on October 14th, 2020 @ 10:06am CDT
:DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE:

seriously, even though it is hard to make out completely from the teeny blurry images, what I can make out has me absolutely STOKED.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series 86 Leak - Leader Class Grimlock, Deluxe Class Blurr and Jazz (2083823)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 14th, 2020 @ 10:07am CDT
o.supreme wrote:One of the things I liked about SS was the numbering system. If they all have 86,that is pretty messed up, and pretty much makes it pointless now.

I bet the bay movie figures carry on the numbering system
Re: New Transformers Studio Series 86 Leak - Leader Class Grimlock, Deluxe Class Blurr and Jazz (2083825)
Posted by Black Hat on October 14th, 2020 @ 10:16am CDT
Hmmm. Grimlock looks alright but man did they go overboard with the Sunbow influence. I really would have preferred gold over yellow and gunmetal over flat grey. Also no sword? C'mon. Might just go for the Takara Volcanicus set.

Jazz looks pretty nice though.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series 86 Leak - Leader Class Grimlock, Deluxe Class Blurr and Jazz (2083826)
Posted by Overcracker on October 14th, 2020 @ 10:20am CDT
Need to see clearer pics, but. definitely picking up Hot Rod.

Probably picking up Grimlock, and maybe picking up Blurr. Have to see how he compares to TR Blurr though.

The other 3 don't interest me in the least.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series 86 Leak - Leader Class Grimlock, Deluxe Class Blurr and Jazz (2083827)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on October 14th, 2020 @ 10:20am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Actually these are still Generations toys as Studio Series itself was just the live action movie arm of Generations. Plus with these not being numbered, it really adds to the theory that these would have ended up in Kingdom had they not decided to bring Beast Wars into the fold.

Fair point on the Generations label as being a category across product lines rather than a specific product line, but what I'm trying to get at is that over different product lines over the years, we get new versions of G1 that emphasize different features. Settings aside the Kingdom versus SS debate, either way SS Blurr and TR Blurr are both G1 Blurr in both modes in a way that I wouldn't consider the 2010 version, or most Classics / Universe figures more generally. There are different product refreshes that emphasize different features. While there hasn't been a whole lot of character overlap between Prime Wars and WfC generally, we're starting to get more with SS86, but it doesn't feel redundant to me. (The WfC overlap is even lower when you exclude the principal leads and retools like TR Sound wave. And I'm saying between Prime Wars and WfC, not within WfC where there's tons of overlap between Siege and ER.)

So yes, we get a wider range of characters between multiple Generations lines, but the line play patterns and aesthetic priorities also allow for very different figures of the same characters, which I find very appealing since I'm a G1 collector first.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #262 - Generational Taxonomy
"Generational Taxonomy"
Posted: Sunday, October 25th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Megatron and Decepticon Berserker action figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Seeker Set Elite - Asia Exclusive MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Insecticons 3-Pack (Bombshell, Kickback, Shrapnel)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Deluxe WFC-S37 Brunt Weaponizer" on EBAY
Buy "2018 Transformers Power Of The Primes Elita-1 MIB Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers dotm megatron incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers MASTERPIECE MOVIE SERIES MPM-06 AUTOBOT IRONHIDE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Elita-1 (shelf-wear)" on EBAY