Wednesday, August 29th, 2018 7:38pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Qwan   Views: 30,140

As was teased by Hasbro just a few short days ago (though seemingly not yet up on Hasbro Pulse), we have some exciting images of a few brand-new Studio Series Deluxe figures! These images come to us from @not_on_twitta on, well, Twitter, who is currently attending Fan Expo Canada (where these reveals have presumably taken place).

In contrast to the repaints we saw recently in KSI Sentry and Shadow Raider, all three of these toys appear to be entirely new molds. A Bumblebee, seemingly designed after his appearance in The Last Knight's World War II flashback (a toy which many fans will surely be excited to see!), heads up the roster. Following him is a figure of Sideswipe - possibly (though not guaranteed) painted up all in silver like Studio Series Jazz before him. Finally, a highly impressive Deluxe Barricade figure rounds out the line-up, seemingly taking several cues from his Movie Masterpiece incarnation.

Check out the images below, and share your impressions and excitement by posting in the Energon Pub Forums! And as always, keep an eye on Seibertron.com for more breaking Transformers news!

UPDATE: The same TF fan also took a picture of a fourth deluxe figure revealed at the show. It is another dread, possibly Crankcase.

Transformers News: New Transformers Studio Series Deluxes Revealed! Barricade, Sideswipe, WWII Bumblebee

Credit(s): @not_on_twitta

This article was last modified on Wednesday, August 29th, 2018 10:35pm CDT

Re: New Transformers Studio Series Deluxes Revealed! Barricade, Sideswipe, WWII Bumblebee at Fan Expo Canada #FXC18 (1981267)
Posted by TulioDude on August 29th, 2018 @ 7:48pm CDT
Man,these look good!

These robots modes looks like they wouldn't be able to fit inside their vehicle but they do.
Makes me excited to see how they transform.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Deluxes Revealed! Barricade, Sideswipe, WWII Bumblebee at Fan Expo Canada #FXC18 (1981269)
Posted by -Crossfire- on August 29th, 2018 @ 8:00pm CDT
YES PLEASE. =P~ :ic$:

(also WWII Bee into DOTM Flak when)
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Deluxes Revealed! Barricade, Sideswipe, WWII Bumblebee at Fan Expo Canada #FXC18 (1981271)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 29th, 2018 @ 8:02pm CDT
WWII bee just pumped me up so hard!! And Sideswipe!! Yeah!!
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Deluxes Revealed! Barricade, Sideswipe, WWII Bumblebee at Fan Expo Canada #FXC18 (1981273)
Posted by DISCHARGE on August 29th, 2018 @ 8:07pm CDT
Really didnt want to get sucked into these too much..but..Sideswipe looks so good though..argh!
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Deluxes Revealed! Barricade, Sideswipe, WWII Bumblebee at Fan Expo Canada #FXC18 (1981274)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on August 29th, 2018 @ 8:07pm CDT
DAMN IT NOW I HAVE TO BUY MOVIE TOYS AGAIN
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Deluxes Revealed! Barricade, Sideswipe, WWII Bumblebee at Fan Expo Canada #FXC18 (1981277)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on August 29th, 2018 @ 8:24pm CDT
WWII BUMBLEBEE!!!! And it looks so good! I’m really glad they didn’t have him turn into the car from the movie, since it never matched his Robot mode kibble. And it comes with his gun and the hammer! This also paves the way for more TLK releases, so that’s awesome!

Sideswipe looks freaking gorgeous. The paint. . . The paint! And he comes with both his guns and his swords. . . Man, SS Sideswipe could have been a skip since I like the DOTM one, but I will be getting this one for sure!

Barricade looks pretty good, he does have a better chest and arms than the DOTM deluxe. Not a priority, but he does look cool.

Anyone know what vehicle that is Bee turns into? I don’t recognize it immediately.

EDIT: You can also see a weathered version of 76 Camaro Bee in the reflection of a couple of the pictures, maybe that’ll be released too sometime?
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Deluxes Revealed! Barricade, Sideswipe, WWII Bumblebee at Fan Expo Canada #FXC18 (1981280)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 29th, 2018 @ 8:39pm CDT

It's also super exciting to see a toy of a body Bee only had in a flashback. It's pretty awesome that they are willing to go to that depth for the toys
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Deluxes Revealed! Barricade, Sideswipe, WWII Bumblebee at Fan Expo Canada #FXC18 (1981281)
Posted by Ironhidensh on August 29th, 2018 @ 8:44pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:With a WWII Bee, I am now really hoping we get a WWII Hot Rod to go with him at some point.

Agreed, though I'm also just hoping we get an actual decent deluxe Hotrod.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Deluxes Revealed! Barricade, Sideswipe, WWII Bumblebee at Fan Expo Canada #FXC18 (1981282)
Posted by .... on August 29th, 2018 @ 8:47pm CDT
As a HUGE movie Sideswipe fan, I am super super happy. All three of these look incredible.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Deluxes Revealed! Barricade, Sideswipe, WWII Bumblebee at Fan Expo Canada #FXC18 (1981284)
Posted by Blitzwing is bae on August 29th, 2018 @ 8:51pm CDT
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Deluxes Revealed! Barricade, Sideswipe, WWII Bumblebee at Fan Expo Canada #FXC18 (1981286)
Posted by .... on August 29th, 2018 @ 8:54pm CDT
Blitzwing is bae wrote:WHERE THE PAINT ON THE FIRST ONE :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS:

uh.. It doesn't.. need any more?
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Deluxes Revealed! Barricade, Sideswipe, WWII Bumblebee at Fan Expo Canada #FXC18 (1981291)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on August 29th, 2018 @ 9:37pm CDT
I require that Sideswipe and Barricade!
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Deluxes Revealed! Barricade, Sideswipe, WWII Bumblebee at Fan Expo Canada #FXC18 (1981293)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on August 29th, 2018 @ 9:41pm CDT
Well I was thinking about picking up a Sideswipe sooner or later. Never mind! Barricade looks a lot nicer than the DotM one I have too, so I guess I'll be getting rid of that. Bee is unnecessary for my collection but he looks fun and chunky enough I'm sure I'll buy him anyway.

Now all we need is Bonecrusher and that's the entire first movie cast completed (if you want to count RotF Megs as the same character, which I'll be fine with if they don't make his jet form from the first movie)!
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Deluxes Revealed! Barricade, Sideswipe, WWII Bumblebee at Fan Expo Canada #FXC18 (1981296)
Posted by First-Aid on August 29th, 2018 @ 10:08pm CDT
Damnit...too much awesomeness. THat Bee is sick! And Sideswipe! THey stepped up their game.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Deluxes Revealed! Barricade, Sideswipe, WWII Bumblebee at Fan Expo Canada #FXC18 (1981300)
Posted by Spider5800 on August 29th, 2018 @ 10:21pm CDT
Gah, WW2 Bee looks great. Wonder if his hammer can be held by TLK Bee.

Will have to get a better look at Sideswipe and Barricade before I decide anything on them, already have other versions of both. They look good, though, like that 'Swipe gets his swords AND guns this time (and not one of those stupid Mech Tech things, LOL) and a deluxe Barricade finally gets his flail.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Deluxes Revealed! Barricade, Sideswipe, WWII Bumblebee at Fan Expo Canada #FXC18 (1981302)
Posted by william-james88 on August 29th, 2018 @ 10:25pm CDT
DaXtraLargeRobot wrote:I'm hoping for Bonecrusher, maybe a tlk Onslaught, 2007 or dotm Megatron, , rotf Long Haul, dotm Mirage (that probably won't happen though), dotm Shockwave, or Dotm Sentinel Prime. Personally, these make the most sense to me make next for the studio series, and the ones that I'm hoping for the most, but I'm probably forgetting someone though (a Bumblebee movie Blitzwing would be pretty awesome too, it could confirm whether he's a triple changer or not, has that been confirmed?)

Man, crazy how what was revealed was nothing anyone guessed or hoped for, but its still cool reveals regardless. I like movie toy engineering and these are almost all new molds (except for what I am about to post). Very refreshing from last time.

Ironhidensh wrote:

Agreed, though I'm also just hoping we get an actual decent deluxe Hotrod.

I thought the deluxe we got was more than decent. Fun transformation, and 2 great looking modes.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Deluxes Revealed! Barricade, Sideswipe, WWII Bumblebee at Fan Expo Canada #FXC18 (1981304)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 29th, 2018 @ 10:36pm CDT
There's also a Studio Series Crankcase on display there, which is... a non-retooled straight redeco of Crowbar? What?

The Tweet claims it's a new head, but that's definitely the same non-retooled Crowbar head.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Deluxes Revealed! Barricade, Sideswipe, WWII Bumblebee at Fan Expo Canada #FXC18 (1981306)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 29th, 2018 @ 11:23pm CDT
HOLY CRAP! THEY ALL LOOK AWESOME!!!

I never thought we'd actually get a WWII Bumblebee (I actually thought it was some kind of Hound when I first glanced at it) but damn they listened to those of us who wished for such a thing and it looks fantastic.

Sideswipe and Barricade. Man... They look superb. I love Sidearms Sideswipe but he's way too big for Studio scale and I was worried how a smaller one might turn out, well this one looks fantastic and fresh and new and well-armed so bought! Barricade, I thought I'd be content with his fine DotM deluxe but this one looks somehow better! Like his MPM scaled down with magic. On the DotM figure he doesn't have proper rear windows, they're just solid black and end up o nback of his thighs, here they're definitely transparent and end up inside his forearms. Bigger hands too.

Crankcase yeah I may get him too. I get they're doingt he Dread squad and I'm cool with that. I still haven't yet got Crowbar (and confused this looks just like him?) but I have and love TLK Berserker (should I move him up to my Studio shelf?) But yeah Bee, Swipe and Barry are definitely the priorities and super damn exciting! :D

I too would love another got at Hot Rod. His stylish robot mode just wasn't done very well on the AoE Lockdown retool. It's fine as a figure but Hot Rod looks way cooler than that figure.

*flings money at screen*
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Deluxes Revealed! Barricade, Sideswipe, WWII Bumblebee at Fan Expo Canada #FXC18 (1981308)
Posted by william-james88 on August 29th, 2018 @ 11:28pm CDT
I feel most of the TLK toyline could go on a studio series shelf.
Re: New Transformers Studio Series Deluxes Revealed! Barricade, Sideswipe, WWII Bumblebee at Fan Expo Canada #FXC18 (1981309)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 29th, 2018 @ 11:31pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:I feel most of the TLK toyline could go on a studio series shelf.

Shhhh, don't put ideas into Hasbro's head about re-releasing all the TLK figures into the Studio line (though would be nice to have backdrops for all). They've just been super amazing with these new nolds here, let's not spoil it. :P

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon Movie Commander Class Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers HUB Dark Of The Moon Cyberverse: MEGATRON (Unopened) Series 1 003" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-7 Bumblebee Hasbro Takara Tomy New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers IRONWORKS Earthrise War for Cybertron Trilogy Hasbro brand new" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-11 AUTOBOT RATCHET Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 1985 G1 Transformers - Devastator Scrapper Payloader - Near Complete" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Hasbro DOUBLECROSSER Transformers WFC Earthrise BattleMaster Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G1 Transformers Scrapper 1984" on EBAY