New Transformers The Last Knight Die Cast Cars From Tomica

Transformers News: New Transformers The Last Knight Die Cast Cars From Tomica

Thursday, September 6th, 2018 8:28PM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 15,166

Lots of Transformers related Die Cast news coming out recently as, in addition to the G1-inspired figures we reported on yesterday, Japanese die cast company Tomica announced a couple new movie-based car models!
The two models take from Bumblebee's The Last Knight Camaro mode, and from Optimus Prime's Western Star mode from the same film. If you collect diecast, you might know of Tomica from their popular line of model Japanese cars, such as Nissan GTR's and Acura NSX's. The two transformers models are presumed to be 1:64 scale, (aka, the same scale as Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars) and are currently listed on Amazon Japan and Takara Tomy Mall for around $5.40! Check them out below, and tell us in the Energon Forums if you'll be picking these up instead of the similar Jada brand diecast!

Transformers News: Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread
Credit(s): Takara Tomy Mall

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Transformers The Last Knight Die Cast Cars From Tomica (1986377)
Posted by Va'al on September 27th, 2018 @ 11:04am CDT
Seibertron.com friend and concept artist Ken Christiansen has dropped us a line to let us know he's posted on his social media accounts some more toy concept art for the Transformers: The Last Knight toyline - specifically, the Infernocus set that was made exclusive to Toys R Us, which reused the Terrorcons molds with the addition of new torso bot Skulk, and a see through Quintessa non transforming character.

You can check both out below, including variants of the latter, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub discussion boards!

Concept art for the Skulk figure for the Toys R Us Infernocus Exclusive set, for the Transformers the Last Knight toyline. He's a mean looking one, nice change of pace from my regular Transformers work.

Commissioned in partnership with Hasbro, Inc. Copyright 2018

Concept art for the Quintessa pack in figure for the Toys R Us Infernocus Exclusive set, for the Transformers the Last Knight toyline. Swipe to see a few different versions.

Re: New Transformers The Last Knight Die Cast Cars From Tomica (1986383)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 27th, 2018 @ 11:30am CDT
Re: New Transformers The Last Knight Die Cast Cars From Tomica (1986394)
Posted by Va'al on September 27th, 2018 @ 12:52pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Urm Va'al you said the set was exclusive to Target when it was a Toys r Us exclusive ;-)

Too many T shops. Fixed!
Re: New Transformers The Last Knight Die Cast Cars From Tomica (1986397)
Posted by william-james88 on September 27th, 2018 @ 1:13pm CDT
Va'al wrote:

Too many T shops. Fixed!

Dont worry. The world heard your frustration over that and removed one from the US :lol:
Re: New Transformers The Last Knight Die Cast Cars From Tomica (1986398)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on September 27th, 2018 @ 1:15pm CDT
I love this set! I would have preferred the axe to the swords he came with, but it's still neat!
Re: New Transformers The Last Knight Die Cast Cars From Tomica (1986399)
Posted by Va'al on September 27th, 2018 @ 1:17pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Va'al wrote:

Too many T shops. Fixed!

Toys R Not US
Re: New Transformers The Last Knight Die Cast Cars From Tomica (1997344)
Posted by RedShifter88 on December 6th, 2018 @ 11:43am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
NTESHFT wrote:Does he transform into anything. I don't recall him having an alt mode in the movie...

He turns into a lovely looking licensed Aston Martin and can fit TWO Titan Masters in the seats (thereby outdoing most Titan Returns figures at their own gimmick and doing it with a realistic alt-mode too).

I've had mine since last year and he's very nice and got some great detailing and such. Worth way more than that 10 bucks price so go snap him up while you can.

Re: New Transformers The Last Knight Die Cast Cars From Tomica (1997387)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 6th, 2018 @ 4:58pm CST
RedShifter88 wrote:They just opened an Ollie's back in Mid-November this year. Up until then, I remembered Ollie's for advertising TR Trypticon - cheap. However, this Black Friday Ollie's ad, I saw a new find. TLK Premiere Deluxe Figures, for $6, and the picture was of Cogman! In my corner of southwestern PA, I saw no Cogman figures. Tons of TLK Wave 1 regular, and gimmick, figures stocked, and later, languishing on the pegs, along with the better-selling Transformers lines. So, I made it a point to run in there. TLK Drifts, Bumblebees, and Crosshairs were all well-represented, and I found an enormous volume of TLK Hot Rods (seriously thought about buying another for G1-esque repaint/kitbash). I even think I saw a couple Optimus Prime's, too. But, no Cogmans... :( When another collector expressed the same frustration, on Black Friday, at Ollie's, I said maybe they liked Cogman's more dynamic pose on his box art? Very disappointing...

As someone else who lives in south west PA, I feel your pain. But if it helps, the new Studio Series line is re-releasing Cogman with a new paint job here next year!
Re: New Transformers The Last Knight Die Cast Cars From Tomica (1998839)
Posted by beastwarsbrah on December 14th, 2018 @ 2:15pm CST
I don't know if he's been spotted yet but I found legion dragonstorm at 5 below in Indiana along with some titan masters I didn't have
Re: New Transformers The Last Knight Die Cast Cars From Tomica (1998909)
Posted by Nacelle on December 14th, 2018 @ 9:14pm CST
Re: New Transformers The Last Knight Die Cast Cars From Tomica (1998913)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 14th, 2018 @ 9:23pm CST
Nacelle wrote:As someone who quite likes legion class figures, this (and even more so the line before) was real disappointing. The molds were mostly from TF Prime and thus looked nothing like the actual movie characters (like Stinger being a KnockOut repaint, Berserker being a Breakdown repaint, Barricade being a very bland Prowl repaint, Grimlock being rippersnapper, etc etc). I did hear the Megatron one from TLK was, I heard, a new mold along with some others.

Only Wave 1 and the exclusives (bar one) were redecos, the rest were all new. A list:

Wave 2
Megatron
Crosshairs
Autobot Drift

Wave 3
Autobot Hound
Dragonstorm

Originally Walmart Exclusive
Autobot Hot Rod

They can also be found at Ross if you look hard enough.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #216 - Prime Galaxy
"Prime Galaxy"
Posted: Sunday, January 27th, 2019

Buy "New Transformers Construct Bots IRONHIDE Scout Class E1:01 45 Pieces Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct-Bots Scout Class Dead End Buildable Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Elite Class Optimus Prime COMPLETE with manual!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction Takara AD04 High Octane Bumblebee" on EBAY