New TRU Exclusive Universe Countdown And Darkwind Out...In Singapore

New TRU Exclusive Universe Countdown And Darkwind Out...In Singapore

Friday, March 6th, 2009 9:02am CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 45,823

Sorry, these guys are not released in the US yet, but the good news is that they have seen release in Singapore which means we'll see them on eBay soon, and see them in the states here in a few weeks.

Universe Countdown is a repaint of the Cybertron Defense Team Red Alert mold, and represents G1 Micromaster Countdown. Countdown piloted the rocket and base, his original alt mode was a lunar rover.

Universe Darkwind is a repaint of the Universe Silverbolt mold, and represents the G1 Powermaster Darkwing. The exclusive Classics Botcon Dreadwind may become a bit more popular so the generation one duo can be re-united as a team again.

New TRU Exclusive Countdown And Darkwind Out...In Singapore

The exclusives back or package pics can be seen below, and a small gallery in the package can be seen here.

New TRU Exclusive Countdown And Darkwind Out...In Singapore

New TRU Exclusive Countdown And Darkwind Out...In Singapore

Credit(s): solitudinal@TFW2005

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New TRU Exclusive Universe Countdown And Darkwind Out...In Singapore (894440)
Posted by Mkall on March 6th, 2009 @ 9:27am CST
Hey it's a start at least. Hopefully they'll pop up over here in the next month or so.
Re: New TRU Exclusive Universe Countdown And Darkwind Out...In Singapore (894454)
Posted by Kique on March 6th, 2009 @ 9:54am CST
Thx for the info :D Hope they get here soon.
Re: New TRU Exclusive Universe Countdown And Darkwind Out...In Singapore (894473)
Posted by Rated X on March 6th, 2009 @ 10:19am CST
Re: New TRU Exclusive Universe Countdown And Darkwind Out...In Singapore (894476)
Posted by coolpop on March 6th, 2009 @ 10:21am CST
I am a sucker for repaints, bring them on baby! :APPLAUSE:
Re: New TRU Exclusive Universe Countdown And Darkwind Out...In Singapore (894503)
Posted by Adimus Prime on March 6th, 2009 @ 10:44am CST
Re: New TRU Exclusive Universe Countdown And Darkwind Out...In Singapore (894533)
Posted by rpetras on March 6th, 2009 @ 11:22am CST
Adimus Prime wrote:I don't understand. I saw those two at a Toys R Us in Lees Summit Missouri back in November or December.

Is it possible you saw them in their original paint schemes? :-?

Both of these are skips for me.
Though I highly recommend the Defense Red Alert mold for anyone that needs it.

If I had the botcon set Darkwing would be a must have, but I don't so he's a pass.
Re: New TRU Exclusive Universe Countdown And Darkwind Out...In Singapore (894542)
Posted by Adimus Prime on March 6th, 2009 @ 11:44am CST
rpetras wrote:

Is it possible you saw them in their original paint schemes? :-?

Not at all. I am absolutely certain it was these repaints with the names Darkwing and Countdown.

I also saw the Cyclonus Titanium there a while before they were announced to be released on this site too.
Re: New TRU Exclusive Universe Countdown And Darkwind Out...In Singapore (894558)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 6th, 2009 @ 12:09pm CST
Adimus Prime wrote:
rpetras wrote:

Is it possible you saw them in their original paint schemes? :-?

Ok, how is that possible? There never was a Titanium Cyclonus announced.
Re: New TRU Exclusive Universe Countdown And Darkwind Out...In Singapore (894584)
Posted by 8 bit on March 6th, 2009 @ 1:00pm CST
Phew! This news made my day...I was gettin' kinda worried we were never gonna see these guys.
Re: New TRU Exclusive Universe Countdown And Darkwind Out...In Singapore (894590)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on March 6th, 2009 @ 1:06pm CST
I forgot about these guys are they out in the states yet?
Re: New TRU Exclusive Universe Countdown And Darkwind Out...In Singapore (894595)
Posted by SentinelA on March 6th, 2009 @ 1:14pm CST
Come to me Darkwing, come to Butthead!
Re: New TRU Exclusive Universe Countdown And Darkwind Out...In Singapore (894596)
Posted by Adimus Prime on March 6th, 2009 @ 1:17pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Adimus Prime wrote:
rpetras wrote:

Is it possible you saw them in their original paint schemes? :-?

Ok, how is that possible? There never was a Titanium Cyclonus announced.

Sorry, I meant Scourge. I saw him being announced here when he was supposed to have his first sightings in the states.
Re: New TRU Exclusive Universe Countdown And Darkwind Out...In Singapore (894635)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on March 6th, 2009 @ 3:24pm CST
I approve these repaints. Oh yes.
Re: New TRU Exclusive Universe Countdown And Darkwind Out...In Singapore (894684)
Posted by Prime Riblet on March 6th, 2009 @ 4:24pm CST
Rated X wrote:Im feelin Darkwind but that giant missle on Countdown's shoulder look ridiclous !

That huge missile is what makes it look so kick-ass! :D
Re: New TRU Exclusive Universe Countdown And Darkwind Out...In Singapore (894691)
Posted by typh0id on March 6th, 2009 @ 4:45pm CST
Prime Riblet wrote:

That huge missile is what makes it look so kick-ass! :D

Seconded! This mold looks AWESOME as Countdown...

And will soon be mine!

:APPLAUSE:
Re: New TRU Exclusive Universe Countdown And Darkwind Out...In Singapore (894710)
Posted by Arucard on March 6th, 2009 @ 5:46pm CST
D'OH!

I just bought and opened Cybertron Defence Red Alert yesterday. Now I get to figure out if I want to re-package and return him.
Re: New TRU Exclusive Universe Countdown And Darkwind Out...In Singapore (894712)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on March 6th, 2009 @ 5:50pm CST

It is a bit much, but I honestly like Countdown more than I do Darkwind. This deco is certainly better than CD-Red Alert from Cybertron anyway.

A strange thing, indeed, since - as tigertracks 24 pointed out in the original post - these guys aren't supposed to be out yet. Maybe this TRU had the inventory on hand, and put it out? Weren't supposed to if they did. As it's been discussed in the past, there's a rule somewhere that if companies don't want stuff on shelves until a certain date, stores aren't allowed to put them out until then. (For example, ROTF toys are confirmed on Hasbro's official TF website to drop on 5/30. Except for the also confirmed pre-sale at Botcon [which will be ongoing when ROTF comes out on shelves], this should generally be what happens.)

Planing a TRU run for my Pokemon Pearl game later this month, anyway (I've just read recently they'll have another download just after Platinum comes out); no harm in having a look then.
Re: New TRU Exclusive Universe Countdown And Darkwind Out...In Singapore (894716)
Posted by First-Aid on March 6th, 2009 @ 6:00pm CST

On the other hand, Countdown looks fan-frickin-tastic...I liked that mold to start with, but that repaint is just pur secks IMHO.

ShGarland...seriously...Pokemon?? :shock:
Re: New TRU Exclusive Universe Countdown And Darkwind Out...In Singapore (894736)
Posted by Mkall on March 6th, 2009 @ 6:52pm CST
First-Aid wrote:Could Darkwind look any more dorky? God those are some nasty ass colors for that mold...

Compared to the original figure I think they're bang on in both the mold choice and the colours.

But naturally that's my opinion.
Re: New TRU Exclusive Universe Countdown And Darkwind Out...In Singapore (894753)
Posted by typh0id on March 6th, 2009 @ 7:37pm CST
ShGarland_1383 wrote:

I found a Universe Inferno at TRU about 4 months before he was "officially" released...I didn't even realize he wasn't out yet until I looked around on the internet...

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot-Cyberverse Bumblebee and Jazz, Quick Change" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy HEAT SCRAMBLE Transformers Starter Set TFD-00" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC War For Cybertron Siege Battle Masters Blowpipe MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters - BLOWPIPE (NEW)" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE CYBERVERSE ADVENTURES WARRIOR MACE MASH GNAW (062)" on EBAY