New Universe and Special edition galleries

New Universe and Special edition galleries

Monday, January 19th, 2009 4:34pm CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Nekoman   Views: 21,728

The Toy Gallery section has been updated with the latest wave 5 Universe Smokescreen figure, as well as the four HasbroToyShop exclusive Universe Special edition figures. Use these links to view each of the five new galleries.

Smokescreen

{L_IMAGE}

Optimus Prime (SE-01)

{L_IMAGE}

Megatron (SE-02)

{L_IMAGE}

Dragstrip (SE-03)

{L_IMAGE}

Overkill (SE-04)

{L_IMAGE}

Credit(s): Seibertron

Re: New Universe and Special edition galleries (869936)
Posted by Veritas Prime on January 19th, 2009 @ 5:08pm CST
Thanks for the great galleries, Seibertron! These are truly great resources, especially if I'm on the fence about picking up a particular figure.
Re: New Universe and Special edition galleries (869946)
Posted by Nekoman on January 19th, 2009 @ 5:23pm CST
Great galleries as usual Ryan.

I'm still not hot on Smokescreen... I think Hasbro kind of dropped the ball on him. The color scheme was just off, like all those blinding yellow bits, the red gun, and the bright red color doesn't look very good. Smokescreen should be an darker red.

Oh well, having almost no money, I'll just have to make due with this one. Can't afford Henkei.
Re: New Universe and Special edition galleries (869978)
Posted by DevastaTTor on January 19th, 2009 @ 6:42pm CST
Great galleries.

Not feeling Universe Smokescreen. I agree with post above, the color tones aren't quite right. If I get him, it's Henkei all the way.

This Optimus has always looked weird to me too. Just doesn't go with the other in the Classics line. Way too anime with the oversized eyes and the odd proportions. I definitely like this version of Megatron more though.
Re: New Universe and Special edition galleries (869980)
Posted by DevastaTTor on January 19th, 2009 @ 6:44pm CST
Nekoman wrote:Great galleries as usual Ryan.

I guess this means I won't be fighting for him with you at Walmart or Target.
Re: New Universe and Special edition galleries (869984)
Posted by YRQRM0 on January 19th, 2009 @ 6:49pm CST
Megatron looks WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better! I hated he green, but he had a nice mould, and a cool Optimus came with him, so I got him.
Re: New Universe and Special edition galleries (870004)
Posted by Solrac333 on January 19th, 2009 @ 7:19pm CST
I think someone in Hasbro is colorblind. Henkei Smokescreen for me.
Re: New Universe and Special edition galleries (870042)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 19th, 2009 @ 7:57pm CST
Glad I preordered Henkei Smokescreen, but those Universe SE Prime & Megatron figs look rather nice. I want them!
Re: New Universe and Special edition galleries (870064)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on January 19th, 2009 @ 8:42pm CST
Yeah, it's almost a relief that I ordered 2 Henkei Smokescreens.

I'm also very happy with S.E. Dragstrip. Great figure!!!!
Re: New Universe and Special edition galleries (870084)
Posted by Bumblebeast on January 19th, 2009 @ 9:32pm CST
I got that Optimus Prime. While the box is nice, the toy itself is very dissapointing. It's too small for a Prime, and the truck mode lacks a lot. The head shows. I'm keeping it on it's box. It looks better like that, but the toy itself... sigh.
Re: New Universe and Special edition galleries (870261)
Posted by flamewavex on January 20th, 2009 @ 7:57am CST
Thanks again for the galleries, they are really awesome, and we really appreciate your time in putting them up for us.

I agree with everyone else. I'm not feeling the hasbro smoke screen much, but i haven't gotten any henkei yet and I'm not sure if I want to start down that long, expensive, road. I love the mirage/dragstrip mold, but the dragstrip paint on mine is really messy.

I think I might leave the 4 of them boxed for now, the boxes are just so nice.
Re: New Universe and Special edition galleries (870300)
Posted by RiddlerJ on January 20th, 2009 @ 9:51am CST
They really could've did something different with Prime for the new release. He's basically a shade darker than the other. They could've at least made him Ultra Magnus or Nemesis Prime or even Motormaster to go with Dragstrip
Re: New Universe and Special edition galleries (870376)
Posted by DMSL on January 20th, 2009 @ 11:35am CST
Hasbro did a great job on Universe Prowl and Silverstreak, but Smokescreen is awful. Looks like it was painted by a blind monkey. Why is the gun red, should be black for realism. The forearm colour is horrible, they should've painted the entire arm and thigh silver.
Re: New Universe and Special edition galleries (871057)
Posted by Omega Charge on January 21st, 2009 @ 11:19am CST
Thanks for the galleries!

Predacon Bruticus and Dinobot are up too. Scourge is a figure I missed out on during Cybertron, and I regret that. I think the original had the best colors, but this one looks good. Might pick it up.

Hope to see Dinobot around here soon, might get him too.

Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE AGE OF EXTINCTION ACTION FIGURE 2014" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION VOYAGER CLASS EVASION MODE OPTIMUS PRIME NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Hollywood Rides Diecast 1:32 Scale Flame Design Jada" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION AUTOBOT QUICK DRAW HOUND Power battler 2014." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 41 Constructicon Scrapmetal - Devastator Arm. MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Predaking - 30th Anniversary New Amazon Exclusive Platinum" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Autobot SLUG - TRU Evolution 2-Pack Exclusive Deluxe New Slag" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Cyberverse Warrior Class Lightning Slash Thundercracker" on EBAY