Wednesday, February 6th, 2008 12:50pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Bed Bugs   Views: 16,984

A new video has been posted on Youtube.com by the Transformers Collectors Club featuring the "soon" to be released club exclusive, Nightbeat. The video features our first look at the head sculpt of the figure and plenty of shots of the robot and vehicle modes.

To see the video, you can either check out the direct link on Youtube.com or you can log into your account at TransformersClub.com where the video is embedded into the members only section.

Also, with this news, the club has announced in the members only section that we will be seeing the first images of the Botcon 2008 Box Set figures, starting on Monday!

Credit(s): TransformersClub.com and Youtube.com

Re: New Video of Club Exclusive "Nightbeat" on Youtube.com & Botcon Box Set Images start on Monday (624893)
Posted by Crossfire on February 6th, 2008 @ 1:05pm CST
Meh. Dont really care for this one. Its just a energon hotshot repaint. :roll:
Re: New Video of Club Exclusive "Nightbeat" on Youtube.com & Botcon Box Set Images start on Monday (624897)
Posted by Cryo Prime on February 6th, 2008 @ 1:08pm CST
Re: New Video of Club Exclusive "Nightbeat" on Youtube.com & Botcon Box Set Images start on Monday (624901)
Posted by sparty2304 on February 6th, 2008 @ 1:15pm CST
Cryo Prime wrote:wow didn't think it would be powerlinx hotshot. i really like the head sculp for this one though.

Really dont you think if this is supposed to be nightbeat his head are missing two things?
Re: New Video of Club Exclusive "Nightbeat" on Youtube.com & Botcon Box Set Images start on Monday (624903)
Posted by Tigertrack on February 6th, 2008 @ 1:18pm CST
It should not be a repaint only, the head is a new mold.

I was hoping for more, but what are you going to do? Not buy it if you don't like it.
Re: New Video of Club Exclusive "Nightbeat" on Youtube.com & Botcon Box Set Images start on Monday (624922)
Posted by First Gen on February 6th, 2008 @ 1:51pm CST
He's a vast improvement over this

But I'd like a darker blue with no flames.
Re: New Video of Club Exclusive "Nightbeat" on Youtube.com & Botcon Box Set Images start on Monday (624927)
Posted by First-Aid on February 6th, 2008 @ 1:55pm CST
Meh...never liked nightbeat very much. Honestly, I'd prefer we get some original figures rather than repaints. But that probably costs a ton.
Re: New Video of Club Exclusive "Nightbeat" on Youtube.com & Botcon Box Set Images start on Monday (624929)
Posted by Cyber-Kun on February 6th, 2008 @ 1:57pm CST
Doesn't look bad, I agree about the darker blue, and the headsculpt isn't bad. I've never been a Nightbeat fan anyway
Re: New Video of Club Exclusive "Nightbeat" on Youtube.com & Botcon Box Set Images start on Monday (624933)
Posted by Overcracker on February 6th, 2008 @ 2:02pm CST
It looks like it kept the power linking ability, I wonder if they are planning on releasing Minerva from that mold too. Then at least there would be someone to powerlink with.

The head also doesn't look like it transforms into a tiny headmaster Muzzle.

Still looks good and is amazingly accurate to the original, flames and all.

However, that particular mold is not that great. although I do like Nightbeat, and I can see its very faithful to the original. I'm gonna pass.
Re: New Video of Club Exclusive "Nightbeat" on Youtube.com & Botcon Box Set Images start on Monday (624937)
Posted by Cheetron on February 6th, 2008 @ 2:07pm CST
I like the head but I never liked the mold at all.

But hey, the paint job reminds me of a car from the old show M.A.S.K.
Re: New Video of Club Exclusive "Nightbeat" on Youtube.com & Botcon Box Set Images start on Monday (624940)
Posted by Tigertrack on February 6th, 2008 @ 2:14pm CST
Cheetron wrote:I like the head but I never liked the mold at all.

But hey, the paint job reminds me of a car from the old show M.A.S.K.

That would be this one...the Hurricane
Re: New Video of Club Exclusive "Nightbeat" on Youtube.com & Botcon Box Set Images start on Monday (624942)
Posted by Autobot Jazz on February 6th, 2008 @ 2:16pm CST
I already have Energon Hot Shot, & I'm not to fond of it, so I'm not to fond of this either(though I do like the head sculpt and repaint)
Dinobot wrote:hmm...a definite improvement.
Re: New Video of Club Exclusive "Nightbeat" on Youtube.com & Botcon Box Set Images start on Monday (624946)
Posted by Sid Burn on February 6th, 2008 @ 2:18pm CST
I am digging this repaint, and the headsculpt captures the nightbeat look.

Clear gun is also cool. This one is on my list.

Step in the right direction for Nightbeat fans.
Re: New Video of Club Exclusive "Nightbeat" on Youtube.com & Botcon Box Set Images start on Monday (624959)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on February 6th, 2008 @ 2:34pm CST
So thats what his robot mode looks like

At least they gave it a new head
Re: New Video of Club Exclusive "Nightbeat" on Youtube.com & Botcon Box Set Images start on Monday (624966)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 6th, 2008 @ 2:41pm CST
I won't be buying, but I must admit, they did a really nice job and couldn't have picked a better mold. It really does fit.
Re: New Video of Club Exclusive "Nightbeat" on Youtube.com & Botcon Box Set Images start on Monday (624968)
Posted by Nekoman on February 6th, 2008 @ 2:42pm CST
Re: New Video of Club Exclusive "Nightbeat" on Youtube.com & Botcon Box Set Images start on Monday (624970)
Posted by Flashwave on February 6th, 2008 @ 2:44pm CST
Me likey. Hope he's not too high cost. And look, you can flip his head basck and do the headless headmaster look! also the powerlink spikes look like oversized version of the pegs used to turn the stat wheels
Re: New Video of Club Exclusive "Nightbeat" on Youtube.com & Botcon Box Set Images start on Monday (624981)
Posted by Skowl on February 6th, 2008 @ 2:51pm CST
Me want.
Re: New Video of Club Exclusive "Nightbeat" on Youtube.com & Botcon Box Set Images start on Monday (625006)
Posted by Uniprimus on February 6th, 2008 @ 3:17pm CST
Where's the horns/antennae?
Re: New Video of Club Exclusive "Nightbeat" on Youtube.com & Botcon Box Set Images start on Monday (625008)
Posted by Bed Bugs on February 6th, 2008 @ 3:20pm CST
Nekoman wrote:Just saw it and I am impressed! Now I thought I saw it one time on the club site where you could buy the exclusives without being a member, will that apply here? Also, how much will this guy cost? I’m seriously hoping he wont cost as much as Airrazor or Astrotrain.

You can order the figures, but non-members will pay more than members. For the difference in price, you might as well join the club and get the free club figure for the year. :)
Re: New Video of Club Exclusive "Nightbeat" on Youtube.com & Botcon Box Set Images start on Monday (625029)
Posted by i_amtrunks on February 6th, 2008 @ 3:35pm CST
Was thinking of joining the club to get my hands on Nightbeat, but since he is only a HotShot repaint, I will continue waiting to join the club.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Kit & Parts By Hasbro Ultimate Class E1:01 Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Deluxe Lot. Crosshairs and Drift" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Loyal Subjects Optimus Prime Action Figure Funko Pop Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 Shrapnel insecticon in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 ramjet Seeker 2/16 in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 Sideswipe Autobot 84 in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 Thrust Seeker 2/16 in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Construct-Bots Optimus Prime Vs. Megatron Construction Set" on EBAY