New Video Review of Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Set

New Video Review of Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Set

Saturday, October 24th, 2020 9:23am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 27,460

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user, Dominus Prime, has let us know that YouTube toy reviewer, Kremzeek Reviews, has done a review for the forthcoming Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Set! The set includes Shattered Glass versions of Ratchet (redeco'ed from Earthrise Deluxe Class Ratchet, which is being released under the Galactic Odyssey Collection) and Optimus Prime (redeco'ed from Earthrise Leader Class Optimus Prime, just without the trailer).

The Shattered Glass universe was created by Fun Pub for their BotCon 2008 set (and featured regularly thereafter). The concept, was inspired and homaging the Mirror Universe from the Star Trek franchise, whose episodes featuring the concept were titled similarly (e.g. "Mirror, Mirror", "Through the looking glass" and "Shattered Mirror").

We have embedded the review below for your convenience:



What do you think of this review? Are you excited to add these to your shelf? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): Kremzeek Reviews on YouTube


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: New Video Review of Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Set (2085118)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on October 24th, 2020 @ 11:37am CDT
Now that they're next to each other, I notice more of the differences than I did before. I might have to pick up the new one if it's as structurally sound or better than the PoTP version. The colors look good on both, but I like the toon/comic-accurate chest and head even better.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Set (2085152)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 24th, 2020 @ 4:14pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Now that they're next to each other, I notice more of the differences than I did before. I might have to pick up the new one if it's as structurally sound or better than the PoTP version. The colors look good on both, but I like the toon/comic-accurate chest and head even better.
Yeah, and the Twitter comments mention that Takara also kept some of the toy sticker-based paint apps of the Hasbro version so as to keep the Takara version from looking too plain.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Set (2085153)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on October 24th, 2020 @ 4:25pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Now that they're next to each other, I notice more of the differences than I did before. I might have to pick up the new one if it's as structurally sound or better than the PoTP version. The colors look good on both, but I like the toon/comic-accurate chest and head even better.


I can all but guarantee that this will not be structurally better than the Hasbro release. They would have to remove the ball joints in the limb bots and replace them with ratchets, to start.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Set (2085159)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 24th, 2020 @ 6:00pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Now that they're next to each other, I notice more of the differences than I did before. I might have to pick up the new one if it's as structurally sound or better than the PoTP version. The colors look good on both, but I like the toon/comic-accurate chest and head even better.


For one, Sinnertwin and Cutthroat are mistransformed in leg mode: Sinnertwin's shoulders are supposed to be swung back like in monster mode, then have the feet peg into the back where the robot mode legs are (same for Snarl btw), while Cutthroat's arms are supposed to be straight down along the body like in monster mode. Not that would make the latter any sturdier...
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Set (2085163)
Posted by o.supreme on October 24th, 2020 @ 7:07pm CDT
Pics of God Neptune in and out of Packaging


https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7038317605#/
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Set (2085182)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 25th, 2020 @ 9:19am CDT
https://twitter.com/TF_pr/status/1320281442576859138

Image
Image

Guess they're gonna start comparing them one at a time, now.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Set (2085229)
Posted by PrimeTime on October 26th, 2020 @ 8:04am CDT
A God hath descended upon us!
generations-selects-god-neptune-t115412.php
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Set (2085230)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 26th, 2020 @ 8:17am CDT
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Set (2085235)
Posted by o.supreme on October 26th, 2020 @ 12:28pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:https://twitter.com/TF_pr/status/1320281442576859138

Guess they're gonna start comparing them one at a time, now.


They did the same for the Dinobots, so not surprising. I know some fans complain about the stickers on the PotP versions, however I don't understand the reason to remove the ones that aren't obscuring any new molded details.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Set (2085236)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 26th, 2020 @ 12:47pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:I know some fans complain about the stickers on the PotP versions, however I don't understand the reason to remove the ones that aren't obscuring any new molded details.
Cartoon-accuracy. It's Takara's thing.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Set (2085237)
Posted by o.supreme on October 26th, 2020 @ 12:49pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
o.supreme wrote:I know some fans complain about the stickers on the PotP versions, however I don't understand the reason to remove the ones that aren't obscuring any new molded details.
Cartoon-accuracy. It's Takara's thing.


Yeah, I know all about that, and I'm all for it. I just don't see how the stickers take away from that.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Set (2085238)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 26th, 2020 @ 12:54pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
o.supreme wrote:I know some fans complain about the stickers on the PotP versions, however I don't understand the reason to remove the ones that aren't obscuring any new molded details.
Cartoon-accuracy. It's Takara's thing.


Yeah, I know all about that, and I'm all for it. I just don't see how the stickers take away from that.
It's detail that wasn't in the cartoon models, so from Takara's view, it doesn't belong.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Set (2085262)
Posted by Sarahthecutevixen on October 26th, 2020 @ 8:48pm CDT
Image
Image
Image
SPACE ARTILLERY MODE is possible
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Set (2085264)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 26th, 2020 @ 9:54pm CDT
I keep forgetting about that mode. So I guess that makes him a 7-changer.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Set (2085268)
Posted by Sarahthecutevixen on October 26th, 2020 @ 10:57pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I keep forgetting about that mode. So I guess that makes him a 7-changer.

I count 6
1.Super megatron
2.Ultra Megatron
3.Megatron Omega Perfect mode
4.Super Jet
5.Ultra Tank
6.Space Artillery

Im counting Megatron Omega under Ultra Megatron do to being the exact same just with the alternate face instead of the normal face
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Set (2085272)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 26th, 2020 @ 11:39pm CDT
Sarahthecutevixen wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:I keep forgetting about that mode. So I guess that makes him a 7-changer.

I count 6
1.Super megatron
2.Ultra Megatron
3.Megatron Omega Perfect mode
4.Super Jet
5.Ultra Tank
6.Space Artillery

Im counting Megatron Omega under Ultra Megatron do to being the exact same just with the alternate face instead of the normal face
The manga considers Megatron Omega to be a separate mode since its power is increased from Ultra Megatron.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Set (2085277)
Posted by PrimeTime on October 27th, 2020 @ 2:50am CDT
PrimeTime wrote:A God hath descended upon us!
generations-selects-god-neptune-t115412.php


Part 2 added to the link above!
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Set (2085295)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 27th, 2020 @ 9:33am CDT
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Set (2085302)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on October 27th, 2020 @ 10:14am CDT
I like both PotP Volcanicus and Abominus better than their Selects counterparts. That's good, because it means I won't want to buy them again. They're perfectly acceptable options for those who didn't get them the last time around, though.

For whatever reason, screen accuracy is less important to me for the characters from 1986 on.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Set (2085310)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 27th, 2020 @ 10:51am CDT
AcademyofDrX wrote:I like both PotP Volcanicus and Abominus better than their Selects counterparts. That's good, because it means I won't want to buy them again. They're perfectly acceptable options for those who didn't get them the last time around, though.

For whatever reason, screen accuracy is less important to me for the characters from 1986 on.

Same, I'm perfectly happy with the potp versions.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Autobot Scamper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #264 - Kingdom Come
Twincast / Podcast #264:
"Kingdom Come"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 22nd, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Ultra Class Thunderhowl Action Figu" on EBAY
Buy "Cup Topper Transformers The Last Knight Bumblebee + Optimus Prime Movie" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots High Tide 2016 Robot Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ReAction Figures by Super 7 (Wave 1 Complete) Optimus, Megatron etc" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Subscription Service TFSS - COMBINER WRECKAGE COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Movie Deluxe Wreckage Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Paradron Medics Ratchet and Lifeline" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Earthrise RATCHET & LIFELINE Paradron Medics 2-Pack MISB in USA" on EBAY