New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Inferno

New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Inferno

Tuesday, February 16th, 2021 4:07pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 26,001

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user, PrimeVsPrime, has another new review to share with us! Following his Dinobot Review, PrimeVsPrime, has continued on with Dinobot's wave mate, Inferno!

Inferno is a retool of the Grapple released last year as part of the Earthrise line, and adds to the already extensive collection of G1 characters given superb updates.

We have embedded the review below for your convenience:


What do you think of this review? Will you be picking up Inferno?

Shout out in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): PrimeVsPrime from Seibertron


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Inferno (2095729)
Posted by aronjlove on February 16th, 2021 @ 4:52pm CST
o.supreme wrote:There seems to have been an initial early first release (did nobody get Leader Megatron from Amazon?). I've seen all of Kingdom between late december and mid january in stores, and online. However more recently after that first push all sold out, nothing has come in to replace any of it, at least in stores, the shelves are all bare.

Back in December, Core-class Rattrap and Prime were shipped out by Amazon. Then Gamestop dropped Megatron and Cyclonus. I picked up the rest in-person at a Target.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Inferno (2095730)
Posted by sol magnus on February 16th, 2021 @ 4:57pm CST
aronjlove wrote:
o.supreme wrote:There seems to have been an initial early first release (did nobody get Leader Megatron from Amazon?). I've seen all of Kingdom between late december and mid january in stores, and online. However more recently after that first push all sold out, nothing has come in to replace any of it, at least in stores, the shelves are all bare.

Back in December, Core-class Rattrap and Prime were shipped out by Amazon. Then Gamestop dropped Megatron and Cyclonus. I picked up the rest in-person at a Target.

Ive seen Megatron and Optimus Prime at retail. Well, once I saw Megatron and I passed on him - which I regret.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Inferno (2095732)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on February 16th, 2021 @ 5:08pm CST
I've seen optimus once and I regret passing up on paleotrex. I have yet to see primal, Megatron, blackarachnia, or cheetor
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Inferno (2095734)
Posted by FiddlerUndone on February 16th, 2021 @ 5:24pm CST
Quantum Surge wrote:Anyone has any updates with their Amazon orders of BW Megatron (and by extension, SS86 Grimlock)?


Last week my Amazon BW Megatron got pushed back to May 15th and Grimlock got pushed to June 5th, then a day later I got a cancelation notice for Grimlock. So good luck on those. Guess I'll cross my fingers that they eventually show up in my corner of Western PA.

Fid
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Inferno (2095736)
Posted by Emerje on February 16th, 2021 @ 6:29pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user, PrimeVsPrime, has another new review to share with us! Following his Dinobot Review, PrimeVsPrime, has continued on with Dinobot's wave mate, Inferno!

Good, he addressed the broken pegs on Grapple and confirmed that they did fix them on Inferno. The pegs are now shorter, almost half the size, and no longer hollow and better mounted. Not sure why the people who got him earlier said the pegs hadn't been fixed, I didn't think that sounded right looking at their pictures.

InfernoGrapplePeg.JPG


Emerje
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Inferno (2095737)
Posted by sol magnus on February 16th, 2021 @ 6:34pm CST
My son transforms his Grapple all the time, and his pegs are fine. He just told me he pushes them in very gently. He's 8 and what I would call medium rough with his figures, but he guards those pegs. lol
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Inferno (2095742)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 16th, 2021 @ 8:30pm CST
Emerje wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user, PrimeVsPrime, has another new review to share with us! Following his Dinobot Review, PrimeVsPrime, has continued on with Dinobot's wave mate, Inferno!

Good, he addressed the broken pegs on Grapple and confirmed that they did fix them on Inferno. The pegs are now shorter, almost half the size, and no longer hollow and better mounted. Not sure why the people who got him earlier said the pegs hadn't been fixed, I didn't think that sounded right looking at their pictures.

InfernoGrapplePeg.JPG


Emerje


I wouldn't say "fixed" per se, because it's a whole new piece, not a changed one. They may have noticed the breaking issue with Grapple and quickly changed the design of the pegs on Inferno while they were able to (before cutting the molds?). Inferno being released significantly later may have helped the timing.
Whatever you wanna call it, good to see Inferno doesn't seem to have that problem. Now we wait to see if the problem pops up again with Hauler :twisted:
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Inferno (2095747)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on February 16th, 2021 @ 10:11pm CST
sol magnus wrote:My son transforms his Grapple all the time, and his pegs are fine. He just told me he pushes them in very gently. He's 8 and what I would call medium rough with his figures, but he guards those pegs. lol



That is so cool to know Sol Magnus I just needed to say! That would be epic if he continues the legacy as he grows! ;)^ :VEHI:
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Inferno (2095750)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on February 16th, 2021 @ 11:18pm CST
it would have been cool to see what both Inferno and Grapple would have looked like in Cybertronian form... :-? . Yeah Inferno is cool but I still like the Henkei version...'nuff said! :VEHI:
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Inferno (2095783)
Posted by sol magnus on February 17th, 2021 @ 12:31pm CST
Nemesis Destron wrote:
sol magnus wrote:My son transforms his Grapple all the time, and his pegs are fine. He just told me he pushes them in very gently. He's 8 and what I would call medium rough with his figures, but he guards those pegs. lol



That is so cool to know Sol Magnus I just needed to say! That would be epic if he continues the legacy as he grows! ;)^ :VEHI:

Thanks. I was going to wait for Inferno for him, but Grapple was on sale for 17 bucks at Walmart so I got it. He knows all the issues on his own due to poring over Youtube videos. I've never even attempted to transform mine lol.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Inferno (2095785)
Posted by o.supreme on February 17th, 2021 @ 12:38pm CST
sol magnus wrote:
Nemesis Destron wrote:
sol magnus wrote:My son transforms his Grapple all the time, and his pegs are fine. He just told me he pushes them in very gently. He's 8 and what I would call medium rough with his figures, but he guards those pegs. lol



That is so cool to know Sol Magnus I just needed to say! That would be epic if he continues the legacy as he grows! ;)^ :VEHI:

Thanks. I was going to wait for Inferno for him, but Grapple was on sale for 17 bucks at Walmart so I got it. He knows all the issues on his own due to poring over Youtube videos. I've never even attempted to transform mine lol.



It gets more enjoyable the older they get. My son is almost 15, but I occasionally brag about him (and my daughter who just turned 16). Although he is developing his own interests now, he still enjoys our mutual TF Generations collection.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Inferno (2095786)
Posted by Quantum Surge on February 17th, 2021 @ 12:38pm CST
I found a Walmart listing that is identified as TRA GEN WFC K LEADER AST; two purchases were of Beast Wars Megatron, one of them did not specify if it was Megatron or not, so I bit the bullet and bought one in hopes that it's actually Megatron and not Optimus. I'll keep you guys updated, and maybe you guys can try it out, too.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/TRA-GEN-WFC-K-LEADER-AST/556073487
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Inferno (2095815)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on February 17th, 2021 @ 7:56pm CST
o.supreme wrote:
sol magnus wrote:
Nemesis Destron wrote:
sol magnus wrote:My son transforms his Grapple all the time, and his pegs are fine. He just told me he pushes them in very gently. He's 8 and what I would call medium rough with his figures, but he guards those pegs. lol



That is so cool to know Sol Magnus I just needed to say! That would be epic if he continues the legacy as he grows! ;)^ :VEHI:

Thanks. I was going to wait for Inferno for him, but Grapple was on sale for 17 bucks at Walmart so I got it. He knows all the issues on his own due to poring over Youtube videos. I've never even attempted to transform mine lol.



It gets more enjoyable the older they get. My son is almost 15, but I occasionally brag about him (and my daughter who just turned 16). Although he is developing his own interests now, he still enjoys our mutual TF Generations collection.


That's so cool guy's...so cool! :APPLAUSE: :VEHI:
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Inferno (2095818)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on February 17th, 2021 @ 8:19pm CST
Quantum Surge wrote:I found a Walmart listing that is identified as TRA GEN WFC K LEADER AST; two purchases were of Beast Wars Megatron, one of them did not specify if it was Megatron or not, so I bit the bullet and bought one in hopes that it's actually Megatron and not Optimus. I'll keep you guys updated, and maybe you guys can try it out, too.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/TRA-GEN-WFC-K-LEADER-AST/556073487
Playing Russian roulette with your wallet. Fun. :lol:
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Inferno (2095823)
Posted by Quantum Surge on February 17th, 2021 @ 9:35pm CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Quantum Surge wrote:I found a Walmart listing that is identified as TRA GEN WFC K LEADER AST; two purchases were of Beast Wars Megatron, one of them did not specify if it was Megatron or not, so I bit the bullet and bought one in hopes that it's actually Megatron and not Optimus. I'll keep you guys updated, and maybe you guys can try it out, too.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/TRA-GEN-WFC-K-LEADER-AST/556073487
Playing Russian roulette with your wallet. Fun. :lol:

Also worth seeing who else would get Megatron, too.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Inferno (2095824)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on February 17th, 2021 @ 9:39pm CST
Finally found a Cyclonus in the wild! I really thought I'd have to rely on my BBTS preorder. What a great TF! Finally! I mean the old deluxe size was great when Classics were few and Starscream was also a deluxe, but he needed this upgrade for a long time and the Combiner Wars version just isn't good enough.

Also grabbed Optimus Primal. Actually don't have ANY Primals, so it's a real first for me. Wasn't planning to, but he was there and I was in an impulse buying mood. Haven't opened him just yet.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Inferno (2095859)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 18th, 2021 @ 11:52am CST
So, I decided to try this Cyclonus out after hearing how good he was everywhere and also because he is a favorite character of mine thanks to IDW.

and having got him, he is not that good. I don't like him.

To start with, the head sculpt is ugly. The only nice thing about it is the light piping, but even that's the wrong color.

The purple is awful, I was hoping maybe it was pictures like Sunstreaker, but wow the purple sucks, and there are 2 different shades used around that don't work together. And it isn't even remotely right, it should be a dark purple. The fact that the CW Cyclonus has the best purple still is kinda funny and sad.

And also, his legs pretty much suck? The shape, the detailing, and the knees all kind of annoy me, plus more strange purple mismatching on the kneepads.

So yeah, I just don't like him, really at all. I'm really let down, this is supposedly the best Cyclonus ever and best figure of the line so far, and he's just not even remotely any of that to me.

Image
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Inferno (2095860)
Posted by sol magnus on February 18th, 2021 @ 11:56am CST
Yeah, well - he ain't IDW Cyclonus. He's The Transformers: The Movie Cyclonus. You're looking for love in all the wrong places. >:oP
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Inferno (2095863)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 18th, 2021 @ 12:01pm CST
sol magnus wrote:Yeah, well - he ain't IDW Cyclonus. He's The Transformers: The Movie Cyclonus. You're looking for love in all the wrong places. >:oP

I knew going in he wasn't IDW Cyclonus, but I was expecting more from "this is the dry run for the Masterpiece in $30 form" quality.

I don't have any connection to Scourge and I like him far more than this
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Inferno (2095864)
Posted by sol magnus on February 18th, 2021 @ 12:05pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
sol magnus wrote:Yeah, well - he ain't IDW Cyclonus. He's The Transformers: The Movie Cyclonus. You're looking for love in all the wrong places. >:oP

I knew going in he wasn't IDW Cyclonus, but I was expecting more from "this is the dry run for the Masterpiece in $30 form" quality.

I don't have any connection to Scourge and I like him far more than this

I love him. I do agree on the face, though. That could have been done better.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Air Raid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
Twincast / Podcast #270:
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers RBT Optimus Prime Race Track Trailer Playset" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 ALPHA TRION Super 7 ReAction Action Figure Vintage MOC - NEW!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Trilogy Deluxe Cenurion Drone WFC-E33 NIOB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Quest for the Allspark by Auerbach, Annie" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: GameStop Exclusive Transformers vs GI Joe - #46 Duke & #45 Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: GameStop Exclusive Transformers vs GI Joe - Prime & Cobra Commander" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS01 Voyager G2 Combat Megatron NEW Read" on EBAY
Buy "Mighty Muggs Megatron + Destro Loose Transformers GI Joe" on EBAY