New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Optimus Primal

New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Optimus Primal

Thursday, December 3rd, 2020 5:18pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 22,205

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user, Dominus Prime, has let us know that YouTube toy reviewer, Jay C has posted a video review for the forthcoming Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Optimus Primal!

Primal is part of the Wave 1 Voyagers along with Cyclonus, and should be hitting store shelves in the New Year. The leader of the heroic Maximals has seen his Gorilla alt mode updated to be more realistic then the original toy.

We have embedded the review below for your convenience:



What do you think of the review? Are you planning to get Primal? Or are you sticking with his original/10th Anniversary toy? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): Jay C from YouTube


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Optimus Primal (2088715)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on December 3rd, 2020 @ 5:24pm CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:I got Inferno and Huffer off Amazon. The only 2 I'm interested in.

I guess since we've finally made it here, it gives me a strange sense of pride in the leadership of the brand, that, despite shifting now towards a focus on beast wars, the G1 fans are not being left out in the cold, the line could have been entirely devoted to BW figures, and a fraction of the fandom would have been effectively cold-shouldered, but they didn't so that - and that may not have been the intention, but I'm glad that this is at least a byproduct of it :D
I didn't mean for my statement to imply that I think the BW figures are bad. They're not. I just don't have as serious of an attachment to the characters they represent as I do G1. I'm very glad that BW fans are finally getting new figures in a commercial and affordable line which, by the statements if sone, is preferable to the MP figures both in price and design. I might get some of them if they impress me in-hand.

oops, I wasn't implying anything, I was just pointing out that it felt weird to be on the other side of the looking glass so-to speak where bw figures have the majority and the G1 figures do not versus how it's usually all g1, and was merely saying that I'm glad hasbro didn't freeze out the g1 fans like they easily could have
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Optimus Primal (2088717)
Posted by just_aCloud on December 3rd, 2020 @ 5:51pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user, Dominus Prime, has let us know that YouTube toy reviewer, Jay C has posted a video review for the forthcoming Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Optimus Primal!

Primal is part of the Wave 1 Voyagers along with Cyclonus, and should be hitting store shelves in the New Year. The leader of the heroic Maximals has seen his Gorilla alt mode updated to be more realistic then the original toy.

We have embedded the review below for your convenience:



What do you think of the review? Are you planning to get Primal? Or are you sticking with his original/10th Anniversary toy? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Very cool! Looking even more forward to Boss Monkey coming in the mail.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Optimus Primal (2088718)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on December 3rd, 2020 @ 5:51pm CST
he didnt transform the legs correctly. :lol:
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Optimus Primal (2088719)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on December 3rd, 2020 @ 6:01pm CST
Overcracker wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
TulioDude wrote:Wonder if the Kingdom cartoon will use Ultra Magnus?

Optimus:I thought Megatron had killed you!

Ultra Magnus:Yeah,but I got better.


Day 336 of waiting for Transformers Armada Masterpiece news.


Just wrong man, just wrong. We should've seen more of that Armada Prime by now, heard it had to be pulled.



Yeah, whatever happened to that Armada Prime Takara teased with the Star Convoy retool or PotP Prime?


Long story short, the cab robot that we saw would cost at least $80 alone and Has/Taks felt collectors wouldn't pay that much.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Optimus Primal (2088726)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 3rd, 2020 @ 6:47pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
TulioDude wrote:Wonder if the Kingdom cartoon will use Ultra Magnus?

Optimus:I thought Megatron had killed you!

Ultra Magnus:Yeah,but I got better.


Day 336 of waiting for Transformers Armada Masterpiece news.


Just wrong man, just wrong. We should've seen more of that Armada Prime by now, heard it had to be pulled.



Yeah, whatever happened to that Armada Prime Takara teased with the Star Convoy retool or PotP Prime?


Long story short, the cab robot that we saw would cost at least $80 alone and Has/Taks felt collectors wouldn't pay that much.
Translation: they don't think there's a Unicron Trilogy collector's market. :-x :evil:
After all, we've seen what they're willing to do with G1 and BW-based MPs... Especially G1-based MPs that jump through 5-million hoops to duplicate things that, on the cartoon design, were simplifications from the toy. :roll: :BANG_HEAD:

Gauntlet101010 wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Because that would conflict with the arm ports the armor panels plug into, and if they shrunk the fists to get around that he'd have really tiny hands.
Not that I particularly like it, it's the same problem the DNA "upgrade" kit for SIEGE Magnus has but even moreso.

I refuse to believe that there was nothing they could do about those hands. The cab is a box.
Well tough smeg, there wasn't. Yes, it's a box. But it's a box with no room for the arms inside it because of the following:
1. The forearms are thicker relative to the body - as in, almost half the width of the cab - because they have to pull double duty as the core of the super robot forearms; correspondingly, the hands are very large.
2. The rest of the cab is shorter relative to the G1 toy, because of how the armor attaches
3. The remaining space is largely taken up by the head compartment and the hinge for it.
There's just no room for the forearms to tuck into the front part of the cab this time around.

Gauntlet101010 wrote:This is a problem I have with Siege as well, but it's lessened by the trailer covering it up. The cab didn't have to be a mess.
The cab was as clean as they could get it under the circumstances. The hands being exposed here is an inevitable tradeoff for trying to force it to look more G1 than RiD.

What we really need is a Commander-class Ultra Magnus. That way the cab robot's arms wouldn't have to pull double-duty and he could carry 4 cars like the G1.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Optimus Primal (2088727)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on December 3rd, 2020 @ 7:25pm CST
Well tough smeg, there wasn't.

You're acting like the way they made Magnus transform is the one and only way it could be done. It isn't. They chose to do it this way because the cab alone didn't matter to them. Because the vehicle's an RID homage and they clearly didn't expect it to be retooled in Kingdom.

So, no. No, you're not going to be able to convince me that this was the one and only way they could have designed Ultra Magnus. There are reasons the made it this way, sure. but it wasn't the only way possible to make the figure.

The cab design was a mistake in Siege. That mistake was made worse in Kingdom.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Optimus Primal (2088728)
Posted by o.supreme on December 3rd, 2020 @ 7:40pm CST
Nemesis Primal wrote:So I didn't preorder any of Wave 1, as I'm not worried about their availability considering how long Wave 1 is always around and I don't want to pay that $3 Deluxe markup, I don't feel it's justified. The listings for Wave 2, however, did go up with the Deluxes being back to $20 again on at least Pulse and Amazon (which is part of why I'm posting this, for those who haven't seen that yet).


They may not be now, but wave 1 deluxe pre-orders were at "$20 price" for a time.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Optimus Primal (2088729)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on December 3rd, 2020 @ 7:44pm CST
o.supreme wrote:They may not be now, but wave 1 deluxe pre-orders were at "$20 price" for a time.


They all dropped that low at some point, mixed bag right now. Warpath and Paleotrex ar back to $23, Cheetor and Blackanachnia at at $19.99.

Edit: just checked my preorder, Warpath dropped to $19.89 at some point, and the other 3 went to $19.87 at some point. Amazon pricing is kooky, but I do love their pre-order price guarantee.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Optimus Primal (2088735)
Posted by Rtron on December 3rd, 2020 @ 8:10pm CST
Immortal Starscream wrote:he didnt transform the legs correctly. :lol:


How are they supposed to be transformed?
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Optimus Primal (2088736)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 3rd, 2020 @ 8:38pm CST
Gauntlet101010 wrote:
Well tough smeg, there wasn't.

You're acting like the way they made Magnus transform is the one and only way it could be done. It isn't. They chose to do it this way because the cab alone didn't matter to them.
The cab alone obviously did matter, or else they wouldn't have bothered with a separate cab robot in the first place; they would have just rehashed or even reissued the CW design and called it a day.

Gauntlet101010 wrote:Because the vehicle's an RID homage and they clearly didn't expect it to be retooled in Kingdom.
That much, I'll grant you. The only thing it was really planned to be retooled into was Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime.

Gauntlet101010 wrote:So, no. No, you're not going to be able to convince me that this was the one and only way they could have designed Ultra Magnus. There are reasons the made it this way, sure. but it wasn't the only way possible to make the figure.
The only other way I can think of that they could have done it (at least without sacrificing the Voyager cab robot), would be borrowing and tweaking Combiner Wars Optimus' transformation scheme. Because, as I already said, the cab robot arms having to pull double-duty as the super robot arms makes them too fat to tuck in.
While borrowing that transformation would hide the arms, it would have its own downsides - no bumper to act as a support ledge for the back of the torso armor, wheels on the forearms getting in the way of attaching the forearm armor (probably the biggest problem), no transparent windshield...
And either way, there was no getting around the arms having to be that bulky. There just wasn't. Making them svelte enough to tuck in wouldn't have saved enough plastic to have completely separate super robot arms.

Gauntlet101010 wrote:The cab design was a mistake in Siege. That mistake was made worse in Kingdom.
Disagree hard on the first part, agree with Kingdom making it look particularly bad.

G1 Ultra Magnus cannot be done at the Leader price point in this day and age, without compromises of some sort. For Combiner Wars it was throwing out the cab robot. For SIEGE it was having to restructure the way his trailer formed into armor and make the cab robot arms pull double-duty (making them too fat to tuck into the cab as they did on the original toy). And both can only hold 2 cars... It's why I keep going on about wanting a Commander-class Ultra Magnus.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Optimus Primal (2088739)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on December 3rd, 2020 @ 8:50pm CST
G1 Ultra Magnus cannot be done at the Leader price point in this day and age, without compromises of some sort.

Sure, but I don't think having the arms jutting out like that was absolutely necessary either. Nor do I think smaller hands would be as bad as you make them out to be.

I mean, your own failure of imagination and the current design doesn't mean it's impossible. It just means that they didn't see the need to make the cab stand on it's own and, therefore, made a kinda crummy design.

Moreover, there's no need to shout and be rude. It's not going to convince me that they didn't fail in making a good standalone cab. Writing louder, longer posts sure isn't going to get your point across. It just makes you seem kinda obstinate.

Edit:
Image
For the record, this is the design you're defending to the death here. It's not good.

In my opinion. :roll:
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Optimus Primal (2088744)
Posted by bacem on December 3rd, 2020 @ 9:58pm CST
I am not asking them to change it significantly. But if they could at least make white magnus's fist to fold inside the forearm, i think it will look better to me, even if they have to sacrifice wrist swivel for that.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Optimus Primal (2088750)
Posted by Emerje on December 3rd, 2020 @ 11:49pm CST
Seibertron wrote:Kudos to Hasbro and Takara Tomy for finally doing Huffer right. Can't wait to see the inevitable Pipes get the same proper treatment. Hope they can get the cab right for Pipes in robot mode.

Pretty sure one of the leakers said Huffer and Pipes were designed in tandem so that both could have their respective proper bot modes. Pipes also seems to come with two large arm canons that I assume act as extra exhaust pipes, I'm guessing he wont come with the shield then.

Rogue-Primal wrote:Based on the ammount of figures revealed does anyone think they will make a Kingdom Beast Wars Silverbolt in this line?

There's been some speculation that he might be Airrazor's retool for a potential Magnaboss down the road since she has those strange square holes on her back that don't seem to serve a purpose. She also has all those extra joints in her wings that don't have a purpose other than letting her fold her wings forward and she doesn't even use all of them for that.

Image
Image
Of course we also need an elephant lion mold to complete the set and that isn't happening in Kingdom. Maybe next Trilogy?

I do love that they gave her beak articulation!

As far as Ultra Magnus' exposed hands go it really annoys me that they couldn't have come up with something to cover them considering they removed the big black side guns from the Siege version. Stick a box over them or some side panels that can plug into the hands and double as shields in bot mode.

Emerje
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Optimus Primal (2088751)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on December 4th, 2020 @ 12:04am CST
Emerje wrote:
As far as Ultra Magnus' exposed hands go it really annoys me that they couldn't have come up with something to cover them considering they removed the big black side guns from the Siege version. Stick a box over them or some side panels that can plug into the hands and double as shields in bot mode.

Emerje


I like where you're going with that! It would've been cool if he had pieces that would plug into his hands to later become the magnus hammer or something, and they could just be boxy looking to seem as if part of the truck
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Optimus Primal (2088758)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 4th, 2020 @ 2:36am CST
Emerje wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Kudos to Hasbro and Takara Tomy for finally doing Huffer right. Can't wait to see the inevitable Pipes get the same proper treatment. Hope they can get the cab right for Pipes in robot mode.

Pretty sure one of the leakers said Huffer and Pipes were designed in tandem so that both could have their respective proper bot modes. Pipes also seems to come with two large arm canons that I assume act as extra exhaust pipes, I'm guessing he wont come with the shield then.

Rogue-Primal wrote:Based on the ammount of figures revealed does anyone think they will make a Kingdom Beast Wars Silverbolt in this line?

There's been some speculation that he might be Airrazor's retool for a potential Magnaboss down the road since she has those strange square holes on her back that don't seem to serve a purpose. She also has all those extra joints in her wings that don't have a purpose other than letting her fold her wings forward and she doesn't even use all of them for that.

Image
Image
Of course we also need an elephant lion mold to complete the set and that isn't happening in Kingdom. Maybe next Trilogy?

I do love that they gave her beak articulation!

As far as Ultra Magnus' exposed hands go it really annoys me that they couldn't have come up with something to cover them considering they removed the big black side guns from the Siege version. Stick a box over them or some side panels that can plug into the hands and double as shields in bot mode.

Emerje

I could be wrong but I think that they meant Fuzor Silverbolt instead of the magnaboss combiner (which would be awesome)
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Optimus Primal (2088767)
Posted by MadProject on December 4th, 2020 @ 6:43am CST
review for Verterbreak!

Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Optimus Primal (2088773)
Posted by Autobot N on December 4th, 2020 @ 9:41am CST
Not 100% Kingdom related, but one of the leakers said Hasbro has started preliminary work on a Voyager Lio Convoy for after WFC if Kingdom does well. As always, take with a grain of salt.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Optimus Primal (2088774)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on December 4th, 2020 @ 9:47am CST
I have mixed feeling on Lio Convoy (and also Big Convoy). I like the design ideas behind him, but I wish he wasn't so derivative of Optimus with both the red torso and Optimus Prime's head. Still, it'll be interesting to see what that design work is if he comes out
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Optimus Primal (2088775)
Posted by sol magnus on December 4th, 2020 @ 9:51am CST
Sentinel_Primal wrote:I have mixed feeling on Lio Convoy (and also Big Convoy). I like the design ideas behind him, but I wish he wasn't so derivative of Optimus with both the red torso and Optimus Prime's head. Still, it'll be interesting to see what that design work is if he comes out

In those stories the Convoys are all sort of made up the same way as unit commanders rather than being a Prime in the sense that we think of it in G1.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Optimus Primal (2088776)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 4th, 2020 @ 9:55am CST
sol magnus wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:I have mixed feeling on Lio Convoy (and also Big Convoy). I like the design ideas behind him, but I wish he wasn't so derivative of Optimus with both the red torso and Optimus Prime's head. Still, it'll be interesting to see what that design work is if he comes out

In those stories the Convoys are all sort of made up the same way as unit commanders rather than being a Prime in the sense that we think of it in G1.
Yeah, in Japanese Beast Wars, being a "Supreme Commander" is nothing special.

Now, being a "Great Convoy", in the other hand, that is special, as it's the position of those who sit on the Convoy Council.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Infinitus and Sentinel Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
Twincast / Podcast #268:
"Call Me 2020"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Headmaster Reissue Hardhead Chromedome Brainstorm Mindwipe Set of 4" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Jazware Zoteki Battle On Cybertron Rare Hot Toy Collectible" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark of the Moon Human Alliance Backfire Complete" on EBAY
Buy "** 2014 - WINDCHARGER Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class **" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Legends Dark Moon Backfire Roller Ark DOTM weapons lot" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION DELUXE DINOBOT SLUG NEW IN BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Heroes Of Cybertron: Generation One Collection Grimlock." on EBAY
Buy "POO SHAM; Transformers BotBots 2018, Toilet Troop" on EBAY