New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #70 Bumblebee Deluxe Class B-127

New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #70 Bumblebee Deluxe Class B-127

Sunday, January 24th, 2021 4:51pm CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 41,500

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user, Dominus Prime, has let us know that fellow Seibertron user, and YouTube toy reviewer, PrimeVsPrime, has dropped a new video review of Transformers Studio Series #70 Bumblebee Deluxe Class B-127!

B-127 is of course Bee's Cybertronian mode as seen in the intro sequence to the hit Bumblebee movie. Toy wise it is a redeco of Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Deluxe Class Cliffjumper with a new head. This marks the completion of all the different forms Bumblebee takes in the movie.

We have embedded the review below for your convenience:



What do you think of this review? Will you be picking up this version of bee to add to your hive? Want to place next to his brother in arms, Cliffjumper? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): PrimeVsPrime on YouTube


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #70 Bumblebee Deluxe Class B-127 (2093559)
Posted by Evil Eye on January 24th, 2021 @ 7:08pm CST
I really don't care much for the mold (fake chest, backpacky shellformery transformation) but I won't lie, he looks kinda nice in yellow. If I were to get any SS Bee it'd probably be the jeep (which is at least slightly less backpack intensive). Also, clever- they released another Bumblebee without calling him Bumblebee!

Speaking of yellow SS figures, Kapow had Skipjack on sale, so I've ordered him (and also Vertebreak). I love how if you don't use the stand he can slither about like a big scary snake-bot. He can be a big brother for my Deluxe ROTF Rampage too! I don't intend to get the full team, but the yellow fellows look rather nice so I'm planning on tracking just them down for Team Tonka.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #70 Bumblebee Deluxe Class B-127 (2093593)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on January 25th, 2021 @ 10:21am CST
Anyone missing out on Overload might want to give Walmart a try. I never saw Grimlock by me when he started showing up last week or so, I either missed him or my area never received him. The SS Leaders were just restocked this week with the previous wave Scavenger/Overload.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #70 Bumblebee Deluxe Class B-127 (2093605)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 25th, 2021 @ 12:36pm CST
I finally got SS86 Hot Rod in hand and I vehemently disapprove of this figure having to be sold at voyager price. The extra parts aren't big enough to justify the voyager sized bubble and box. They could have been kept deluxe size and the accessories would have still fit. I understand the extra parts still would have bumped the price up, but not a whole $10. This could have been sold at $22 or $24. But then it would have to have been an exclusive, which would have been okay with me. We already have so many, 1 more wouldn't make a difference. Or it could have bumped another exclusive into general retail release. Either way, $30 is too much for this figure, even if it looks great.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #70 Bumblebee Deluxe Class B-127 (2093610)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 25th, 2021 @ 12:47pm CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:I finally got SS86 Hot Rod in hand and I vehemently disapprove of this figure having to be sold at voyager price. The extra parts aren't big enough to justify the voyager sized bubble and box. They could have been kept deluxe size and the accessories would have still fit. I understand the extra parts still would have bumped the price up, but not a whole $10. This could have been sold at $22 or $24. But then it would have to have been an exclusive, which would have been okay with me. We already have so many, 1 more wouldn't make a difference. Or it could have bumped another exclusive into general retail release. Either way, $30 is too much for this figure, even if it looks great.

Yeah, that was the feeling I got when I was holding him; beyond that, I actually neither want nor care about all his dumb accessories, so I'd feel doubly cheated
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #70 Bumblebee Deluxe Class B-127 (2093611)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 25th, 2021 @ 12:50pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:I finally got SS86 Hot Rod in hand and I vehemently disapprove of this figure having to be sold at voyager price. The extra parts aren't big enough to justify the voyager sized bubble and box. They could have been kept deluxe size and the accessories would have still fit. I understand the extra parts still would have bumped the price up, but not a whole $10. This could have been sold at $22 or $24. But then it would have to have been an exclusive, which would have been okay with me. We already have so many, 1 more wouldn't make a difference. Or it could have bumped another exclusive into general retail release. Either way, $30 is too much for this figure, even if it looks great.

Yeah, that was the feeling I got when I was holding him; beyond that, I actually neither want nor care about all his dumb accessories, so I'd feel doubly cheated

I'm glad I have heard a lot about the SS86 toys, I decided to not get Jazz after hearing a lot about him, and while I was starting to think about Hot Rod and Scourge, others like you guys helped talk me down.

I'll be looking forward to a summertime Dino
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #70 Bumblebee Deluxe Class B-127 (2093612)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on January 25th, 2021 @ 12:50pm CST
I tend to agree. Nice fun figure, but definitely not worth $30. $25 would have been reasonable. I got mine at Target, I'm saving my receipt and hoping for a sale to price match against.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #70 Bumblebee Deluxe Class B-127 (2093617)
Posted by Tuned Agent on January 25th, 2021 @ 1:38pm CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:I finally got SS86 Hot Rod in hand and I vehemently disapprove of this figure having to be sold at voyager price. The extra parts aren't big enough to justify the voyager sized bubble and box. They could have been kept deluxe size and the accessories would have still fit. I understand the extra parts still would have bumped the price up, but not a whole $10. This could have been sold at $22 or $24. But then it would have to have been an exclusive, which would have been okay with me. We already have so many, 1 more wouldn't make a difference. Or it could have bumped another exclusive into general retail release. Either way, $30 is too much for this figure, even if it looks great.

That's about how I feel about Netflix Bee. Great figure, definitely some "premium" things about it (like the alt mode deco), but it still doesn't quite feel worth the full $20. Though, to be fair, Walmart doesn't charge the full $20 for deluxes anyway.

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I'm glad I have heard a lot about the SS86 toys, I decided to not get Jazz after hearing a lot about him, and while I was starting to think about Hot Rod and Scourge, others like you guys helped talk me down.

I'll be looking forward to a summertime Dino

What have you heard about Jazz that convinced you not to get him?
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #70 Bumblebee Deluxe Class B-127 (2093618)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 25th, 2021 @ 1:45pm CST
Tuned Agent wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I'm glad I have heard a lot about the SS86 toys, I decided to not get Jazz after hearing a lot about him, and while I was starting to think about Hot Rod and Scourge, others like you guys helped talk me down.

I'll be looking forward to a summertime Dino

What have you heard about Jazz that convinced you not to get him?

He's cheap, he's overly animation accurate, his ankles are either fused or break when trying to pose him, he's noticeably lighter than other deluxes, and he's flat, nothing interesting to look at in hand.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #70 Bumblebee Deluxe Class B-127 (2093622)
Posted by aronjlove on January 25th, 2021 @ 2:16pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Tuned Agent wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I'm glad I have heard a lot about the SS86 toys, I decided to not get Jazz after hearing a lot about him, and while I was starting to think about Hot Rod and Scourge, others like you guys helped talk me down.

I'll be looking forward to a summertime Dino

What have you heard about Jazz that convinced you not to get him?

He's cheap, he's overly animation accurate, his ankles are either fused or break when trying to pose him, he's noticeably lighter than other deluxes, and he's flat, nothing interesting to look at in hand.

Huh, I don't feel that way at all. He's so cool here he is with Gigawatt jumping back in time to find some real music...
20210102_113407.jpg

And here he is with Earthrise looking like he fits right in...
20210101_105259.jpg


I could be a little biased because my only other Jazz is PotP, but I freaking love this guy.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #70 Bumblebee Deluxe Class B-127 (2093627)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on January 25th, 2021 @ 3:16pm CST
TF-fan kev777 wrote:Anyone missing out on Overload might want to give Walmart a try. I never saw Grimlock by me when he started showing up last week or so, I either missed him or my area never received him. The SS Leaders were just restocked this week with the previous wave Scavenger/Overload.

Thanks for the heads up! I’ll keep my eyes peeled.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #70 Bumblebee Deluxe Class B-127 (2093628)
Posted by Tuned Agent on January 25th, 2021 @ 3:20pm CST
aronjlove wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Tuned Agent wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I'm glad I have heard a lot about the SS86 toys, I decided to not get Jazz after hearing a lot about him, and while I was starting to think about Hot Rod and Scourge, others like you guys helped talk me down.

I'll be looking forward to a summertime Dino

What have you heard about Jazz that convinced you not to get him?

He's cheap, he's overly animation accurate, his ankles are either fused or break when trying to pose him, he's noticeably lighter than other deluxes, and he's flat, nothing interesting to look at in hand.

Huh, I don't feel that way at all. He's so cool here he is with Gigawatt jumping back in time to find some real music...
20210102_113407.jpg

And here he is with Earthrise looking like he fits right in...
20210101_105259.jpg


I could be a little biased because my only other Jazz is PotP, but I freaking love this guy.

Interesting. I hadn't heard about the ankles, hopefully they're a limited issue.

aronjlove, would you be kind enough to weigh Jazz? These conflicting opinions have me curious.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #70 Bumblebee Deluxe Class B-127 (2093630)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on January 25th, 2021 @ 3:35pm CST
Let's settle the debate on whether Jazz is lighter than the rest right here, and possibly start or further along some other weight debates.

Here are the weights of all the SS86 and Kingdom wave 1 figures I have. All weights in grams. All figures were weighed with their weapons (but Hot Rod without the matrix or saw).

SS86 Jazz - 72
SS86 Kup - 69
SS86 Blurr - 76
SS86 Hot Rod - 79 (definitely not worth $30)
SS86 Scourge - 139
Kingdom Warpath - 74
Kingdom Cheetor - 60
Kingdom Paleotrex - 53
Kingdom Black Arachnia - 37 (yes you read that correctly)
Kingdom Optimus Primal - 131
Kingdom Cyclonus - 149
Kingdom Megatron - 333
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #70 Bumblebee Deluxe Class B-127 (2093631)
Posted by aronjlove on January 25th, 2021 @ 3:41pm CST
TF-fan kev777 wrote:Let's settle the debate on whether Jazz is lighter than the rest right here, and possibly start or further along some other weight debates.

Here are the weights of all the SS86 and Kingdom wave 1 figures I have. All weights in grams. All figures were weighed with their weapons (but Hot Rod without the matrix or saw).

SS86 Jazz - 72
SS86 Kup - 69
SS86 Blurr - 76
SS86 Hot Rod - 79 (definitely not worth $30)
SS86 Scourge - 139
Kingdom Warpath - 74
Kingdom Cheetor - 60
Kingdom Paleotrex - 53
Kingdom Black Arachnia - 37 (yes you read that correctly)
Kingdom Optimus Primal - 131
Kingdom Cyclonus - 149
Kingdom Megatron - 333

I got 73g for Jazz but it's close enough. And for comparison, ER Bluestreak was 72g and Netflix Wheeljack was 79g.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #70 Bumblebee Deluxe Class B-127 (2093633)
Posted by Tuned Agent on January 25th, 2021 @ 4:10pm CST
aronjlove wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:Let's settle the debate on whether Jazz is lighter than the rest right here, and possibly start or further along some other weight debates.

Here are the weights of all the SS86 and Kingdom wave 1 figures I have. All weights in grams. All figures were weighed with their weapons (but Hot Rod without the matrix or saw).

SS86 Jazz - 72
SS86 Kup - 69
SS86 Blurr - 76
SS86 Hot Rod - 79 (definitely not worth $30)
SS86 Scourge - 139
Kingdom Warpath - 74
Kingdom Cheetor - 60
Kingdom Paleotrex - 53
Kingdom Black Arachnia - 37 (yes you read that correctly)
Kingdom Optimus Primal - 131
Kingdom Cyclonus - 149
Kingdom Megatron - 333

I got 73g for Jazz but it's close enough. And for comparison, ER Bluestreak was 72g and Netflix Wheeljack was 79g.

Thanks you guys! Here's a few more for comparison:

RTS Jazz (no gun): 88g
SS Roadbuster: 79g
SS Leadfoot (with Steeljaw): 99g
ER Runabout: 83g
Netflix Bumblebee: 56g
Siege Spinister: 83g
Siege Thundercracker: 136g
ER Thundercracker: 132g
Siege Shockwave (with armor): 216g

What I'm getting out of this is that Primal's just short, and deluxes are getting smaller again... (but Jazz isn't the main problem)
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #70 Bumblebee Deluxe Class B-127 (2093634)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 25th, 2021 @ 4:13pm CST
Thanks kev, I think even with the matrix and saw he would be only 80 grams or so. Definitely lighter than Scourge, so about $25 would have been appropriate. So basically if you bought Hot Rod at full price you paid $5 for extra bubble and cardboard. I mean, it's a nice box, but not that nice. And yes, I know I bought him of my own volition without anyone forcing me. I just didn't think it would be thus bad, even with reviews.

As for Blackarachnia, same thing. I own her as well, and it's a great figure, but if she was in spider mode with her legs folded under, she would most likely have fit into a core class bubble. Once I open both her and Rattrap, I'll test it out. Unless someone else has them handy. I wonder if Kingdom Rattrap is lighter.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #70 Bumblebee Deluxe Class B-127 (2093635)
Posted by Tuned Agent on January 25th, 2021 @ 4:20pm CST
I just checked, and I got 23g for Rattrap.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #70 Bumblebee Deluxe Class B-127 (2093636)
Posted by aronjlove on January 25th, 2021 @ 4:20pm CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:Thanks kev, I think even with the matrix and saw he would be only 80 grams or so. Definitely lighter than Scourge, so about $25 would have been appropriate. So basically if you bought Hot Rod at full price you paid $5 for extra bubble and cardboard. I mean, it's a nice box, but not that nice. And yes, I know I bought him of my own volition without anyone forcing me. I just didn't think it would be thus bad, even with reviews.

As for Blackarachnia, same thing. I own her as well, and it's a great figure, but if she was in spider mode with her legs folded under, she would most likely have fit into a core class bubble. Once I open both her and Rattrap, I'll test it out. Unless someone else has them handy. I wonder if Kingdom Rattrap is lighter.

Kingdom Rattrap is 23.3g with his gun.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #70 Bumblebee Deluxe Class B-127 (2093637)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on January 25th, 2021 @ 4:25pm CST
Her spider body is thicker than the core class packaging, so that won't work. She is heavier than both Rattrap and Vertabreak who are 22 and 17 grams respectively.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #70 Bumblebee Deluxe Class B-127 (2093638)
Posted by aronjlove on January 25th, 2021 @ 4:27pm CST
Kingdom Core-class Buzzworthy Bumblebee and Spike are a combined 29 grams...
Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series #70 Bumblebee Deluxe Class B-127 (2093639)
Posted by blackeyedprime on January 25th, 2021 @ 4:27pm CST
dang is blackarcacnia made out of helium

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Krok and Gatorface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Sovereign and Alpha Trion" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
Twincast / Podcast #270:
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "2009 Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen Deluxe Bludgeon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike  Squadron WFC-S27 War For Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse scout Bumblebee Megatron Optimus Prime Starscream lot 4" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE War For Cybertron,FIREDRIVE,TOPSHOT&FLAK,BLACKJACK&HYPERDRIVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Sideswipe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cliffjumper Cyberverse NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Destructicon BLUDGEON Tank w/ Launcher, MOSC/New (2003 Hasbro)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Firedrive - New- Bent Package" on EBAY