New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Reflector / Refracktor

Transformers News: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Reflector / Refracktor

Saturday, May 18th, 2019 1:30PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 25,063

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Fellow Seibertron user, Riley Hoffman, has let us know that YouTuber TonTon Reviews has uploaded a new video review of upcoming Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class figure, Reflector/Refracktor! The review covers all the basics and shows off the camera mode that is made by combining three Reflector/Refracktor figures!

Check out the video below, which we have embedded for your convenience.



What do you think of this review? Are you planning on tracking down three of this mold, to make a camera for your display shelves? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Credit(s): Riley Hoffman from Seibertron.com, TonTon Reviews from YouTube
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Reflector / Refracktor (2021878)
Posted by 00Stargrave00 on May 18th, 2019 @ 2:00pm CDT
Whaaa? Score! Thanks for finding that, totally makes my morning :D

He looks rad, I am in love with this Siege style detailing.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Reflector / Refracktor (2021880)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 18th, 2019 @ 2:09pm CDT
Ahhh, so that's how the chests work: the lens on Viewfinder (the middle guy) detaches and is used for the base of the tripod!
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Reflector / Refracktor (2021882)
Posted by 00Stargrave00 on May 18th, 2019 @ 2:23pm CDT
Maaaaan, he looks awesome. Such great colors I mean of course you’re going to want three of these staring back at you on the shelf. And JelZe you said you had a family member who was a photographer right? So you’re all over this guy I bet. I love him. Dang.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Reflector / Refracktor (2021888)
Posted by sol magnus on May 18th, 2019 @ 2:53pm CDT
What's the over-under on them retool this guy for Perceptor?
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Reflector / Refracktor (2021891)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 18th, 2019 @ 3:09pm CDT
00Stargrave00 wrote:And JelZe you said you had a family member who was a photographer right? So you’re all over this guy I bet.


My dad was a recreational photographer back when I was little, mainly family pictures and natural scenery. He had an old-style photo camera, same style as G1 Reflector, even with switch-out lenses. He had a knack for it. :D

sol magnus wrote:What's the over-under on them retool this guy for Perceptor?


I don't see that happening, really. We already had a proper Perceptor back in Titans Return. :)
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Reflector / Refracktor (2021894)
Posted by sol magnus on May 18th, 2019 @ 3:26pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
sol magnus wrote:What's the over-under on them retool this guy for Perceptor?


I don't see that happening, really. We already had a proper Perceptor back in Titans Return. :)

Not that that really means anything considering how quickly the popular characters get remade. This line is supposed to go three years with different sub names, right? They just did Jazz in Power of the Primes, so no Jazz in WFC? Is that really how it works? Wasn't that long ago Prowl, Ironhide and Mirage (and others) got made in Combiner Wars. Wasn't Chromia from Titans Return?

Anyway, my point is probably more that this toy could easily be retooled into a pre-earth Perceptor moreso than whether they'll actually do it.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Reflector / Refracktor (2021896)
Posted by ThunderThruster on May 18th, 2019 @ 3:33pm CDT
Chromia was Thrilling 30, before getting her Siege figure, but is based on the PotP Moonracer engineering.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Reflector / Refracktor (2021897)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 18th, 2019 @ 3:33pm CDT
sol magnus wrote:Wasn't Chromia from Titans Return?


T30, actually. The Titans Return ones were Windblade and Arcee :)

I don't really see any resemblance between Perceptor and Viewfinder honestly, aside from the chest window. But I suppose stranger things have happened, like TR Alpha Trion into Broadside.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Reflector / Refracktor (2021898)
Posted by sol magnus on May 18th, 2019 @ 3:35pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
sol magnus wrote:Wasn't Chromia from Titans Return?


T30, actually. The Titans Return ones were Windblade and Arcee :)

I don't really see any resemblance between Perceptor and Viewfinder honestly, aside from the chest window.

Ah, okay. I was collecting Masterpiece during all this, so I didn't pay as much attention as I am now.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Reflector / Refracktor (2021901)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 18th, 2019 @ 3:43pm CDT
sol magnus wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
sol magnus wrote:Wasn't Chromia from Titans Return?


T30, actually. The Titans Return ones were Windblade and Arcee :)

I don't really see any resemblance between Perceptor and Viewfinder honestly, aside from the chest window.

Ah, okay. I was collecting Masterpiece during all this, so I didn't pay as much attention as I am now.


Reflector was considered as the character for 2010 Reveal the Shield Perceptor's retool however, because the toy-accurate head resembles the Viewfinder toy's to a degree:

Image
Transformers Generations Magnificus Gallery

And Hasbro does have a history of repeating concepts...
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Reflector / Refracktor (2021902)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 18th, 2019 @ 3:45pm CDT
It's cheaper to make something that's already got a basis ;)
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Reflector / Refracktor (2021908)
Posted by 00Stargrave00 on May 18th, 2019 @ 5:11pm CDT
1. That Magnificus looks so deadly, I love that thing.

2. Random: PotP Prime's rifle scales well with Galaxy Upgrade Prime. It's a little chunky but that's like the whole mold anyways, it's just working for me :)

3. A Perceptor out of that mold regardless of who came out when, would be rad. If they did that I'd have to get it, and I can already think of little fanmode ways you could approximate some kind of scope or microscope out of that thing.

4. It's hard for me to talk about Reflector without mentioning my favorite one so far which was the most simple too - the Targetmaster styled Reflector that came with Skrapnel a few years back. I had it for like a week before my cat disappeared it. But I thought that was so clever a design and transformation. It's nice to see old Reflaktorglass back.

5. Seeing this current ones vehicle mode made me wish there was a 5mm peg on the bottom so he could just be used as a giant cannon. Same for Shockwaves vehicle mode.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Reflector / Refracktor (2021914)
Posted by YoungPrime on May 18th, 2019 @ 5:51pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
00Stargrave00 wrote:And JelZe you said you had a family member who was a photographer right? So you’re all over this guy I bet.


My dad was a recreational photographer back when I was little, mainly family pictures and natural scenery. He had an old-style photo camera, same style as G1 Reflector, even with switch-out lenses. He had a knack for it. :D

sol magnus wrote:What's the over-under on them retool this guy for Perceptor?


I don't see that happening, really. We already had a proper Perceptor back in Titans Return. :)

Exactly!

I'm more interested in getting DJD Vos out of the mold.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Reflector / Refracktor (2021915)
Posted by 00Stargrave00 on May 18th, 2019 @ 5:56pm CDT
Dude!! VOS!! Great call! Hell gimme a Tarn out of Megatron while you’re at it please!
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Reflector / Refracktor (2021918)
Posted by Randomhero on May 18th, 2019 @ 6:44pm CDT
Yikes. That dudes nails...
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Reflector / Refracktor (2021920)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on May 18th, 2019 @ 7:13pm CDT
Based on the size comparison with Ironhide, Refraktor(s) should be shorter than Prowl, and hopefully no taller than the Classics Seekers. I was worried they would be too tall, but it looks like they should scale pretty well, even if I don't get the Siege seekers.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Reflector / Refracktor (2021926)
Posted by YoungPrime on May 18th, 2019 @ 9:21pm CDT
00Stargrave00 wrote:Dude!! VOS!! Great call! Hell gimme a Tarn out of Megatron while you’re at it please!



Here! Here!!
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Reflector / Refracktor (2021927)
Posted by YoungPrime on May 18th, 2019 @ 9:55pm CDT
AcademyofDrX wrote:Based on the size comparison with Ironhide, Refraktor(s) should be shorter than Prowl, and hopefully no taller than the Classics Seekers. I was worried they would be too tall, but it looks like they should scale pretty well, even if I don't get the Siege seekers.

They actually look like that might be dlx Classics Bumblebee height. Which is another reason why I won't buy more than one for $20.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Reflector / Refracktor (2021933)
Posted by william-james88 on May 18th, 2019 @ 10:06pm CDT
YoungPrime wrote:
AcademyofDrX wrote:Based on the size comparison with Ironhide, Refraktor(s) should be shorter than Prowl, and hopefully no taller than the Classics Seekers. I was worried they would be too tall, but it looks like they should scale pretty well, even if I don't get the Siege seekers.

They actually look like that might be dlx Classics Bumblebee height. Which is another reason why I won't buy more than one for $20.

Classics Bumblebee was a decently sized deluxe, too big to scale decently with the rest of the cast.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Reflector / Refracktor (2021935)
Posted by SGMLordMirage on May 18th, 2019 @ 10:19pm CDT
Nothing really new other than posting some pictures of Starscream and Soundwave after applying stickers and part from Toyhax. I do like how the part enhances the Tetrajet look for Starscream.
Depending on your preference, these sets are not bad.

SGM

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Topspin and Freezeout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 02 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Decepticon Stinger" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #225 - The Overexposure of Bumblebee
Twincast / Podcast #225:
"The Overexposure of Bumblebee"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 16th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Movie Studios Series 5 Inch Figure Deluxe Class - Dropkick #22" on EBAY
Buy "Titans return Trypticon Transformers generations brand new" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Trilogy Cog Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 1986 G1 Transformers Trypticon Brunt Tank Original Part(s) Works!" on EBAY
Buy "1980’s Hasbro Transformers G1 Sinnertwin and Warpath Tank plus Bonus NR" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Brunt - NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Wreck-Gar, Junkheap, and Junk-Armor-01w" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron HOUND Siege Deluxe Class WFC-S9 MIB" on EBAY