New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Wave 2 Deluxe Prowl

Transformers News: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Wave 2 Deluxe Prowl

Sunday, January 13th, 2019 5:33PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 15,699

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to fellow Seibertron users, Riley Hoffman, Sentinel_Primal and Nemesis Primal we have learned that YouTuber TonTon Reviews has uploaded a new video review of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Wave 2 Deluxe Class Prowl! The review covers his transformation and comparisons with his Siege brethren and with Studio Series #38 Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime.

We have embedded the video below for your convenience:



Will you be hunting Prowl down for your collection? Or are you content with one of his other incarnations for your toy shelves? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.
Credit(s): Riley Hoffman, Sentinel_Primal and Nemesis Primal from Seibertron.com, TonTon Reviews on YouTube
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Wave 2 Deluxe Prowl (2004526)
Posted by Flashwave on January 13th, 2019 @ 5:54pm CST
Prowl is a definate. But I wish he had his shoulder rockets.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Wave 2 Deluxe Prowl (2004530)
Posted by Riley Hoffman on January 13th, 2019 @ 6:08pm CST
I’ll probably buy him if I see him in stores, but won’t hunt him down online. Wish he had shoulder rockets
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Wave 2 Deluxe Prowl (2004538)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on January 13th, 2019 @ 7:19pm CST
Anyone else notice the lack of battle damage paint?

I know that it's, generally, unpopular; I'm not complaining about its absence, I am complaining that there is, yet another, inconsistency across the Generations toys...
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Wave 2 Deluxe Prowl (2004539)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 13th, 2019 @ 7:27pm CST
DecepticonFinishline wrote:Anyone else notice the lack of battle damage paint?


Now that you mention it, Chromia has none either.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Wave 2 Deluxe Prowl (2004541)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on January 13th, 2019 @ 7:49pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
DecepticonFinishline wrote:Anyone else notice the lack of battle damage paint?


Now that you mention it, Chromia has none either.

I wouldn't say that for certain, given the amount of people who were convinced Skytread/Flywheels and Cog didn't have any battle damage. It could easily be there but very lightly applied or hard to see, or just not show up easily on camera due to color or placement. My Cog has battle damage on his inner calves, for example.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Wave 2 Deluxe Prowl (2004542)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 13th, 2019 @ 7:54pm CST
Nemesis Primal wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
DecepticonFinishline wrote:Anyone else notice the lack of battle damage paint?


Now that you mention it, Chromia has none either.

I wouldn't say that for certain, given the amount of people who were convinced Skytread/Flywheels and Cog didn't have any battle damage. It could easily be there but very lightly applied or hard to see, or just not show up easily on camera due to color or placement. My Cog has battle damage on his inner calves, for example.


I just checked some images, and Ironhide only seems to have them on the inside of his arm panels.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Wave 2 Deluxe Prowl (2004547)
Posted by william-james88 on January 13th, 2019 @ 8:12pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:I'm saying he is too damn small.

Small for a leader class? Small for 50$? Or too small an Ultra Magnus to scale with voyager Prime?

All of the above.
Look, I get it, I'm in the minority on this. I really kinda hate this line, but most of you love it, and that's awesome, it really is.
I don't want to be that guy hating on what others like, so I'm going to stay out of here until I I get my hands on Starscream.

I am pretty sure Starscream is not the figure that would convince you otherwise. I really think they chose to start off with a bang with their best figures in the first wave. I am excited for Ironhide though as well as the Trypticon weaponizer guy (Brunt?)
I also feel Magnus is too small both fir the price and the size class but I dont think he is small compared to Prime. They look about right together. I do wish the price waa cheaper dir the leaders and that there was a cheaper option of Shockwave available where you would just get the main figure. But it is what it is.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Wave 2 Deluxe Prowl (2004551)
Posted by Patrickab7 on January 13th, 2019 @ 8:52pm CST
Hit the motherlode at Fairview Heights Target today as they had Magnus and two Shockwaves...finally picked up Magnus.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Wave 2 Deluxe Prowl (2004564)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on January 13th, 2019 @ 11:17pm CST
Bear in mind, the Chromia and Prowl in these vids are almost certainly stolen samples that may not have been 100% finished (I assume the battle damage is a finishing touch), and the ones we see at retail could actually have battle damage.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Wave 2 Deluxe Prowl (2004566)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 13th, 2019 @ 11:21pm CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Bear in mind, the Chromia and Prowl in these vids are almost certainly stolen samples that may not have been 100% finished (I assume the battle damage is a finishing touch), and the ones we see at retail could actually have battle damage.


The SDCC samples had no battle damage either.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Wave 2 Deluxe Prowl (2004568)
Posted by Emerje on January 13th, 2019 @ 11:22pm CST
william-james88 wrote:We already know the entire content for Siege when it comes to wide releases for deluxe, voyager and leader:
https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... res/42353/

Seems like we should get one more unknown Leader in wave 3, can't imagine them only doing 2 complete waves with new figures. Remember when we thought we knew all of the possible figures in Deluxe wave 2 and then out of nowhere Hasbro surprises us with Chromia despite not being listed in leaks? It could happen again.

Emerje
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Wave 2 Deluxe Prowl (2004569)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on January 13th, 2019 @ 11:26pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Bear in mind, the Chromia and Prowl in these vids are almost certainly stolen samples that may not have been 100% finished (I assume the battle damage is a finishing touch), and the ones we see at retail could actually have battle damage.


The SDCC samples had no battle damage either.

Ah, okay. Still the paint on con samples doesn't necessarily reflect what the actual shelf toys will be like :P
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Wave 2 Deluxe Prowl (2004573)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 13th, 2019 @ 11:42pm CST
I would love it if the other lines in the Trilogy gave us some figures for seldom-represented characters from G1, since John Warden is so focused on that era. Straxus and Thunderwing come to mind immediately, with at least Straxus being leader class. I know it's an impossible wish, but one can dream.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Wave 2 Deluxe Prowl (2004575)
Posted by Ultra Markus on January 13th, 2019 @ 11:51pm CST
the way he transforms is reminiscent of the g1 toy
i certainly hope we get silver bluestreak and smokescrean too
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Wave 2 Deluxe Prowl (2004577)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on January 13th, 2019 @ 11:54pm CST
Ultra Markus wrote:the way he transforms is reminiscent of the g1 toy
i certainly hope we get silver bluestreak and smokescrean too

I wouldn't be surprised if they came in the later parts of the trilogy. It seems like such an obvious set to complete. Also, on the topic of Seekers, what if they decided that the main trio comes in Siege, then the Coneheads come in the second part, then the Rainmakers come in the third part of the trilogy?
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Wave 2 Deluxe Prowl (2004578)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on January 14th, 2019 @ 12:01am CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:I would love it if the other lines in the Trilogy gave us some figures for seldom-represented characters from G1, since John Warden is so focused on that era. Straxus and Thunderwing come to mind immediately, with at least Straxus being leader class. I know it's an impossible wish, but one can dream.

Straxus as Leader-class and not Thunderwing?
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Wave 2 Deluxe Prowl (2004582)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 14th, 2019 @ 2:25am CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:I would love it if the other lines in the Trilogy gave us some figures for seldom-represented characters from G1, since John Warden is so focused on that era. Straxus and Thunderwing come to mind immediately, with at least Straxus being leader class. I know it's an impossible wish, but one can dream.

Straxus as Leader-class and not Thunderwing?
Him too, but Straxus for sure. He was larger (both taller and bulkier), despite T-wing being a Pretender. And that's another gimmick that could be updated in the upcoming lines, the Pretenders. With today's engineering technology, it certainly can be done.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Wave 2 Deluxe Prowl (2004584)
Posted by ausbot on January 14th, 2019 @ 2:46am CST
Worried about Prowl's knees, they look very weak and flimsy.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Wave 2 Deluxe Prowl (2004612)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on January 14th, 2019 @ 7:33am CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:I would love it if the other lines in the Trilogy gave us some figures for seldom-represented characters from G1, since John Warden is so focused on that era. Straxus and Thunderwing come to mind immediately, with at least Straxus being leader class. I know it's an impossible wish, but one can dream.

Straxus as Leader-class and not Thunderwing?
Him too, but Straxus for sure. He was larger (both taller and bulkier), despite T-wing being a Pretender. And that's another gimmick that could be updated in the upcoming lines, the Pretenders. With today's engineering technology, it certainly can be done.



Straxus, Jhiaxus or Thunderwing could work in Leader Class. I've mentioned it in the MP thread but although I dislike the Pretenders, I would really like to see a new one. Specifically a Masterpiece Pretender. MP Transformer inner bot encased in a Marvel Legends level figure.
Re: New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Wave 2 Deluxe Prowl (2004613)
Posted by Emerje on January 14th, 2019 @ 7:45am CST
I would be super excited for a new Jhiaxus figure. And a proper one this time, not another orange repaint of another figure.

Emerje

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Blitzwing and Decepticon Hazard" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #215 - New Year, New Toys
Twincast / Podcast #215:
"New Year, New Toys"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, January 13th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers ARMADA of CYCLONUS Autobot SCOURGE DECEPTION SWEEP Christmas Gift" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Revenge of the Fallen ROTF: Ra-24 Buster Optimus Prime Leader Class" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Transformer United EX7.6cm Road Master -Prime Mode-"" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fall of Cybertron REWIND, SUNDER, EJECT, RAMHORN  NEW SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Scout Car Roller 1985 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Voyager Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Lot Of 8 Assorted Wii Games, Transformers, Skylanders, Marvel, Sponge Bob" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations 2010-2011 Thrust Darkmount Cliffjumper Wheeljack 7 Lot" on EBAY