New Video Reviews for HFTD Desert Combat Ravage & Animated Black Convoy

New Video Reviews for HFTD Desert Combat Ravage & Animated Black Convoy

Friday, August 13th, 2010 12:15pm CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Movie Related News, Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: RodimusConvoy13   Views: 81,468

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

KOToys has posted video reviews of HFTD Highbrow, Desert Combat Ravage, the purple repaint of The Fallen, and Animated Black Convoy. Check out the videos below.


Desert Combat Ravage


Animated Black Convoy

Credit(s): kotoys


This article was last modified on Friday, August 13th, 2010 1:30pm CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: New Video Reviews for HFTD Desert Combat Ravage & Animated Black Convoy (1112855)
Posted by wolverinetodd on August 13th, 2010 @ 3:39pm CDT
I'm confused about Black Convoy, so please excuse my ignorance on the subject. Is Black Convoy supposed to be Nemesis Prime and if so, then shouldn't the faction symbol be Decepticon instead of Autobot? I thought the same when Masterpiece Black Convoy came out and it too had the Autobot faction symbol on it.
Re: New Video Reviews for HFTD Desert Combat Ravage & Animated Black Convoy (1112863)
Posted by Forgotten on August 13th, 2010 @ 3:59pm CDT
wolverinetodd wrote:I'm confused about Black Convoy, so please excuse my ignorance on the subject. Is Black Convoy supposed to be Nemesis Prime and if so, then shouldn't the faction symbol be Decepticon instead of Autobot? I thought the same when Masterpiece Black Convoy came out and it too had the Autobot faction symbol on it.


Not a Nemesis. Can't explain why all that well. But i'm sure someone will come through and explain. I really don't know how the setup for this Black Convoy is. Well not even a Black Convoy, because the character originated in America, so it's Optimus. #-o I just hurt myself.
Re: New Video Reviews for HFTD Desert Combat Ravage & Animated Black Convoy (1112870)
Posted by TFBuyer on August 13th, 2010 @ 4:22pm CDT
So, exactly HOW limited is that "Black Convoy" *cough* Nemesis Prime *cough*?? I think he said 300 or so now, but another show coming? I wouldn't mind snagging one of those...
Re: New Video Reviews for HFTD Desert Combat Ravage & Animated Black Convoy (1112871)
Posted by Atomatron on August 13th, 2010 @ 4:27pm CDT
Hell yes! Another Fallen and Ravage!
Now my collection will be complete!
No wait, still need Tuner Skids!
Re: New Video Reviews for HFTD Desert Combat Ravage & Animated Black Convoy (1112876)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 13th, 2010 @ 4:40pm CDT
Forgotten wrote:
wolverinetodd wrote:I'm confused about Black Convoy, so please excuse my ignorance on the subject. Is Black Convoy supposed to be Nemesis Prime and if so, then shouldn't the faction symbol be Decepticon instead of Autobot? I thought the same when Masterpiece Black Convoy came out and it too had the Autobot faction symbol on it.


Not a Nemesis. Can't explain why all that well. But i'm sure someone will come through and explain. I really don't know how the setup for this Black Convoy is. Well not even a Black Convoy, because the character originated in America, so it's Optimus. #-o I just hurt myself.


I've explained it before and I'll explain it again:

The Japanese have an extreme fondness for black repaints, as evidenced in the different TF lines and outside of them (like Super Sentai). However, They also hate repaints that are turned into new characters. So most of the time, a Japanese black repaint is the same character, only in black. These are denoted as "(Name) Black Version", unlike the evil clones who are named "Black (name)". Here's the short list of Japanese black repaints, separated between the two categories:

Evil Clones
BWII Black Lioconvoy
BW Neo Black Big Convoy (not Universe 2003 Nemesis Prime)
CR Black Convoy (aka RiD Scourge)
ML Scourge with Sweep (Armada Nemesis Prime with Run-Over)
BT Black Convoy (Alternator Nemesis Prime)

Black Versions (i.e. same character)
JAFCon Convoy
Nucleon Quest Super Convoy
MP-1B Convoy Black Version
THS-02B G1 Convoy Black Version
A-01 Convoy Super Black (repurposed as Universe 2003 Nemesis Prime)

To reiterate: Not every black Prime repaint is a Nemesis Prime!
Re: New Video Reviews for HFTD Desert Combat Ravage & Animated Black Convoy (1112882)
Posted by wolverinetodd on August 13th, 2010 @ 5:10pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Forgotten wrote:
wolverinetodd wrote:I'm confused about Black Convoy, so please excuse my ignorance on the subject. Is Black Convoy supposed to be Nemesis Prime and if so, then shouldn't the faction symbol be Decepticon instead of Autobot? I thought the same when Masterpiece Black Convoy came out and it too had the Autobot faction symbol on it.


Not a Nemesis. Can't explain why all that well. But i'm sure someone will come through and explain. I really don't know how the setup for this Black Convoy is. Well not even a Black Convoy, because the character originated in America, so it's Optimus. #-o I just hurt myself.


I've explained it before and I'll explain it again:

The Japanese have an extreme fondness for black repaints, as evidenced in the different TF lines and outside of them (like Super Sentai). However, They also hate repaints that are turned into new characters. So most of the time, a Japanese black repaint is the same character, only in black. These are denoted as "(Name) Black Version", unlike the evil clones who are named "Black (name)". Here's the short list of Japanese black repaints, separated between the two categories:

Evil Clones
BWII Black Lioconvoy
BW Neo Black Big Convoy (not Universe 2003 Nemesis Prime)
CR Black Convoy (aka RiD Scourge)
ML Scourge with Sweep (Armada Nemesis Prime with Run-Over)
BT Black Convoy (Alternator Nemesis Prime)

Black Versions (i.e. same character)
JAFCon Convoy
Nucleon Quest Super Convoy
MP-1B Convoy Black Version
THS-02B G1 Convoy Black Version
A-01 Convoy Super Black (repurposed as Universe 2003 Nemesis Prime)

To reiterate: Not every black Prime repaint is a Nemesis Prime!




Thanks for clearing that up. Sorry I missed the first few times you had to explain it.

Ironic that the Japanese hate repaints that are turned into completely different characters as I would rather the repaint be a completely different character (ROTF Sideswipe & ROTF Swerve). At least I feel like I'm getting something for my money as opposed to an existing character with a different paint job (i.e. ROTF Shadow Command Megatron) where I feel I'm being cheated out of my money.
Re: New Video Reviews for HFTD Desert Combat Ravage & Animated Black Convoy (1112888)
Posted by soundwave#1!!!500% on August 13th, 2010 @ 5:24pm CDT
:CON: hey everyone im back from my week at camp hinds :CON:
did any one miss me(blurrz maybe) :CON: nice :CON:
Re: New Video Reviews for HFTD Desert Combat Ravage & Animated Black Convoy (1113389)
Posted by GaffaTrion on August 15th, 2010 @ 4:21am CDT
the fallen looks great! they should have had the staff and removable mask with the early versions though.
the others are all ok and still might pick some of them up
Re: New Video Reviews for HFTD Desert Combat Ravage & Animated Black Convoy (1113708)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on August 16th, 2010 @ 6:39am CDT
TFBuyer wrote:So, exactly HOW limited is that "Black Convoy" *cough* Nemesis Prime *cough*?? I think he said 300 or so now, but another show coming? I wouldn't mind snagging one of those...


As far as I can tell, it's in the 1300-1500 range.
Re: New Video Reviews for HFTD Desert Combat Ravage & Animated Black Convoy (1113804)
Posted by Onslaught22 on August 16th, 2010 @ 12:27pm CDT
I am an admitted Black Convoy/ Nemesis Prime/ Scourge junkie, so when I saw the TFA Optimus done in this style, I was all over it. I just received mine today via Ebay, and it is a large slice of pure awesome. The paint apps are perfect and he has just that right amount of badass-ness that I am officially calling him TFA Nemesis Prime (at least in my own home, and apparently in a worldwide forum LOL) :P

On a serious note, though, considering how well it was done and the limited production of this figure, I definitely recommend picking it up if you are a TFA fan.
Re: New Video Reviews for HFTD Desert Combat Ravage & Animated Black Convoy (1114436)
Posted by GEEWUN on August 18th, 2010 @ 5:36am CDT
soundwave#1!!!500% wrote::CON: hey everyone im back from my week at camp hinds :CON:
did any one miss me(blurrz maybe) :CON: nice :CON:




gone!?!?! Did anyone notice you were gone? 8-}

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Decepticon Nitro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
Twincast / Podcast #288:
"Filler Episode"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Wingspan Cloudraker Clones Walgreens MISB Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Walgreens Exclusive & Wingspan Cloudraker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Battle For Cybertron Quintesson Invasion Shockwave Prowl" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SS-42 soundwave with laser beak Free Shipping w/Tracking# New Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron Siege - WFC-S20 Deluxe Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Piranacon 1 Seacon TT-GS07 Overbite Shark" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series: #60 Scrapper Figure Unopened (Great buy!!)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron - Voyager Class: Vector Prime (2005) Complete" on EBAY