New Video Reviews Of Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Wave 1 Voyagers

New Video Reviews Of Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Wave 1 Voyagers

Thursday, February 13th, 2020 2:37pm CST

Category: Reviews
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 12,264

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Greetings Seibertronians! Thanks to the efforts of fellow Seibertron user, Turned Agent, we have discovered two new video reviews of the first wave of Earthrise Voyagers! These are of course Earth Mode Starscream and Grapple. These are slowly making their way into general release, with some already into eager buyers hands.

These video reviews are done by YouTuber, JCM45. We have embedded the videos for your convenience below.

Earth Mode Starscream



Grapple



What do you think of these reviews? Does it wet your appetite for these Voyagers? Are you holding out for a different Seeker recolour? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): Turned Agent from Seibertron, JCM45 on YouTube


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Video Reviews Of Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Wave 1 Voyagers (2052201)
Posted by ScottyP on February 13th, 2020 @ 2:55pm CST
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
ScottyP wrote:Has anyone bought both and taken pics? Honest question. I never trust a repack to be only a repack until it's proven to be.


I don't have both, only the Siege version, but comparing that to the photo Will posted, they look to be completely identical, down to the plastic tie going through both of his fist holes.


william-james88 wrote:I saw that written on the boards where this latest picture comes from and I also saw in the image that his legs still have all that gunk. That was good enough for me.
So the answer is "no" then, got it. I mean, yes a straight repack appears to be the intention and 99% likely to actually be the case, but hearing assumptions like that thrown around as fact for years on some Superlink and Galaxy Force items that were merely very similar but not identical after all scarred me.
Re: New Video Reviews Of Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Wave 1 Voyagers (2052206)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on February 13th, 2020 @ 3:21pm CST
ScottyP wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
ScottyP wrote:Has anyone bought both and taken pics? Honest question. I never trust a repack to be only a repack until it's proven to be.


I don't have both, only the Siege version, but comparing that to the photo Will posted, they look to be completely identical, down to the plastic tie going through both of his fist holes.


william-james88 wrote:I saw that written on the boards where this latest picture comes from and I also saw in the image that his legs still have all that gunk. That was good enough for me.
So the answer is "no" then, got it. I mean, yes a straight repack appears to be the intention and 99% likely to actually be the case, but hearing assumptions like that thrown around as fact for years on some Superlink and Galaxy Force items that were merely very similar but not identical after all scarred me.


It's ok Scotty 2 Hotty, we're here for you.
Re: New Video Reviews Of Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Wave 1 Voyagers (2052223)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on February 13th, 2020 @ 6:09pm CST
once upon a time, long long ago. so long in fact that the evidence may be gone from the big server wipe from back in the day, but I was the first person to drop a review on the original Classics starscream. Pictorial review, but first regardless. One of the pics I took was of the classics Screamer blasting, then standing on the corpse of the robot masters screamer, with a caption of something like, "you're no longer needed" or good enough or something like that. I'm Picturing this screamer doing the same thing to the classics screamer.
Re: New Video Reviews Of Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Wave 1 Voyagers (2052226)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on February 13th, 2020 @ 6:57pm CST
Well, Classics Starscream can at least furnish Earthrise Screamer with working launchers.
Re: New Video Reviews Of Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Wave 1 Voyagers (2052242)
Posted by Skritz on February 13th, 2020 @ 7:57pm CST
If we get coneheads in Earthrise I guess their added pointy heads would make the slight difference in height between them and the Siege seekers mold so minimal as to almost be non existence. Really hoping we get those (or some other Seeker we haven't gotten, like Sunstorm or Slipstream) rather than Thundercracker and Skywarp. I'm aware this statement could piss some people but it would make sense Starscream is the only seeker in this trilogy to be done twice purely because of how big a seller he is and how he's one of the 'household' names in the series.
Re: New Video Reviews Of Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Wave 1 Voyagers (2052243)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 13th, 2020 @ 8:16pm CST
Skritz wrote:If we get coneheads in Earthrise I guess their added pointy heads would make the slight difference in height between them and the Siege seekers mold so minimal as to almost be non existence. Really hoping we get those (or some other Seeker we haven't gotten, like Sunstorm or Slipstream) rather than Thundercracker and Skywarp. I'm aware this statement could piss some people but it would make sense Starscream is the only seeker in this trilogy to be done twice purely because of how big a seller he is and how he's one of the 'household' names in the series.

I agree, we have gotten the main 3 seekers in 4 size classes over the past 6-7 years, let us have coneheads again finally. I still need all of them
Re: New Video Reviews Of Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Wave 1 Voyagers (2052244)
Posted by ScottyP on February 13th, 2020 @ 9:04pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
ScottyP wrote:Has anyone bought both and taken pics? Honest question. I never trust a repack to be only a repack until it's proven to be.


I don't have both, only the Siege version, but comparing that to the photo Will posted, they look to be completely identical, down to the plastic tie going through both of his fist holes.


william-james88 wrote:I saw that written on the boards where this latest picture comes from and I also saw in the image that his legs still have all that gunk. That was good enough for me.
So the answer is "no" then, got it. I mean, yes a straight repack appears to be the intention and 99% likely to actually be the case, but hearing assumptions like that thrown around as fact for years on some Superlink and Galaxy Force items that were merely very similar but not identical after all scarred me.


It's ok Scotty 2 Hotty, we're here for you.
Y'all ain't here until you produce Astrotrain comparison pics :lol:

... dang it I'm gonna end up buying the one up the road for science aren't I?
Re: New Video Reviews Of Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Wave 1 Voyagers (2052245)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on February 13th, 2020 @ 9:10pm CST
Me, I would like to have Skywarp and Thundercracker from this mold as well as the coneheads. I don't think the CW Leader seekers should count against them getting toys from _this_ mold because that mold was a wrong try.
With regards to this mold... Frankly, I think they should have lead with Skywarp or one of the Coneheads rather than Starscream because of SIEGE Starscream lingering.

I don't want a Sunstorm redeco. Sunstorm should be a redeco of the SIEGE mold, IMO. Now, I wouldn't say no to a Slipstream redeco

ScottyP wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
ScottyP wrote:Has anyone bought both and taken pics? Honest question. I never trust a repack to be only a repack until it's proven to be.


I don't have both, only the Siege version, but comparing that to the photo Will posted, they look to be completely identical, down to the plastic tie going through both of his fist holes.


william-james88 wrote:I saw that written on the boards where this latest picture comes from and I also saw in the image that his legs still have all that gunk. That was good enough for me.
So the answer is "no" then, got it. I mean, yes a straight repack appears to be the intention and 99% likely to actually be the case, but hearing assumptions like that thrown around as fact for years on some Superlink and Galaxy Force items that were merely very similar but not identical after all scarred me.


It's ok Scotty 2 Hotty, we're here for you.
Y'all ain't here until you produce Astrotrain comparison pics :lol:

... dang it I'm gonna end up buying the one up the road for science aren't I?
Well, I can't help. I haven't even seen SIEGE Astrotrain on shelves, let alone Earthrise grumble grumble
Re: New Video Reviews Of Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Wave 1 Voyagers (2052249)
Posted by cackman17 on February 13th, 2020 @ 9:55pm CST
I don’t mean to come out of left field on this one- but am I the only one thinking Jazz as really gotten a raw deal? I would’ve for sure thought he was going to be in Earthrise wave 1.

Seems like a pretty prominent character from G1 who hasn’t gotten any run over the last few series- no?
Re: New Video Reviews Of Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Wave 1 Voyagers (2052250)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 13th, 2020 @ 9:58pm CST
cackman17 wrote:I don’t mean to come out of left field on this one- but am I the only one thinking Jazz as really gotten a raw deal? I would’ve for sure thought he was going to be in Earthrise wave 1.

Seems like a pretty prominent character from G1 who hasn’t gotten any run over the last few series- no?
He was in Power of the Primes two lines ago, and you can't really improve upon the perfection that was Reveal the Shield Jazz.
Re: New Video Reviews Of Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Wave 1 Voyagers (2052255)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on February 13th, 2020 @ 10:30pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
cackman17 wrote:I don’t mean to come out of left field on this one- but am I the only one thinking Jazz as really gotten a raw deal? I would’ve for sure thought he was going to be in Earthrise wave 1.

Seems like a pretty prominent character from G1 who hasn’t gotten any run over the last few series- no?
He was in Power of the Primes two lines ago, and you can't really improve upon the perfection that was Reveal the Shield Jazz.

Well, you could give him properly 5mm-compatible hands (his seem to be a bit off), but yeah. He could stand a reissue though, it's been a while.
Re: New Video Reviews Of Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Wave 1 Voyagers (2052256)
Posted by aronjlove on February 13th, 2020 @ 10:32pm CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
cackman17 wrote:I don’t mean to come out of left field on this one- but am I the only one thinking Jazz as really gotten a raw deal? I would’ve for sure thought he was going to be in Earthrise wave 1.

Seems like a pretty prominent character from G1 who hasn’t gotten any run over the last few series- no?
He was in Power of the Primes two lines ago, and you can't really improve upon the perfection that was Reveal the Shield Jazz.

Well, you could give him properly 5mm-compatible hands (his seem to be a bit off), but yeah. He could stand a reissue though, it's been a while.
Coming from someone who owns both PotP Jazz and Selects Ricochet, that mold is a better foot than a bot.
Re: New Video Reviews Of Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Wave 1 Voyagers (2052257)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on February 13th, 2020 @ 10:35pm CST
I would be absolutely shocked if we don't see all six of the G1 seekers in the new mold. The coneheads are going to happen, we don't need to bargain away TC and SW in some kind of hypothetical Sophie's choice. Maybe some will be retailer exclusives or Generations Selects, but they're going to happen.
Re: New Video Reviews Of Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Wave 1 Voyagers (2052259)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on February 13th, 2020 @ 10:44pm CST
I don't know, I find PotP Jazz to be a decent figure on his own. Not amazing, but decent and enjoyable. But the Jazz we're really singing the praises of is the RTS Jazz mold.

Image
Image
RTS version

Image
Image
United version.

Good looking, wonderful articulation and proportions..
Re: New Video Reviews Of Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Wave 1 Voyagers (2052260)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 13th, 2020 @ 11:04pm CST
I think the only improvement that could be made to the RTS figure is if there were some way for the chest to securely lock into place in robot mode.
Re: New Video Reviews Of Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Wave 1 Voyagers (2052262)
Posted by Stargrave on February 13th, 2020 @ 11:22pm CST
Seems to me like if they could give Siege Starscream a waist swivel, and Jetfire a waist swivel, ER Starscream should have a waist swivel.

I mean they overcame the cockpit paradox they’ve mastered waist swivel technology for Primus’s sake there’s no excuses.
Re: New Video Reviews Of Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Wave 1 Voyagers (2052263)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 13th, 2020 @ 11:53pm CST
Stargrave wrote:Seems to me like if they could give Siege Starscream a waist swivel, and Jetfire a waist swivel, ER Starscream should have a waist swivel.

I mean they overcame the cockpit paradox they’ve mastered waist swivel technology for Primus’s sake there’s no excuses.


*takes a close look, then watches a video of the transformation*

Ahhhh, that's what they meant with eliminating it for the sake of transformation! For some reason, the cockpit piece has an extension in the back. The slot it leaves behind is for the hinge of the nosecone when it's lowered in robot mode position (unlike the Classics mold, it's attached to the cockpit, not the head, so it sits lower), that extension then ends up sliding into the waist area, effectively blocking it (even more with the skirt in front and the flap in the back).
Re: New Video Reviews Of Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Wave 1 Voyagers (2052267)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on February 14th, 2020 @ 3:28am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Stargrave wrote:Seems to me like if they could give Siege Starscream a waist swivel, and Jetfire a waist swivel, ER Starscream should have a waist swivel.

I mean they overcame the cockpit paradox they’ve mastered waist swivel technology for Primus’s sake there’s no excuses.


*takes a close look, then watches a video of the transformation*

Ahhhh, that's what they meant with eliminating it for the sake of transformation! For some reason, the cockpit piece has an extension in the back. The slot it leaves behind is for the hinge of the nosecone when it's lowered in robot mode position (unlike the Classics mold, it's attached to the cockpit, not the head, so it sits lower), that extension then ends up sliding into the waist area, effectively blocking it (even more with the skirt in front and the flap in the back).
Well, there's more to it than that. There's also the fact that the chest needs to be able to open up for the arms to tuck into the torso. Between accommodating that joint, and accommodating the cockpit, there's just no room for a waist swivel.

Stargrave, Skyfire A. is a Commander-class toy and thus has room for more complex engineering than a Voyager-class toy and B. uses the entirety of the chest to form the front of the jet mode (whereas the G1 Seeker design uses only the cockpit), so he doesn't have leftover sections of chest that need to open up for the arms to tuck in.
SIEGE Starscream is able to work in the waist swivel because of faux-parts and not having to care about altmode integration
Re: New Video Reviews Of Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Wave 1 Voyagers (2052276)
Posted by ScottyP on February 14th, 2020 @ 8:25am CST
I bought ER Astrotrain this morning but had to go to work right after. We'll see in about 8 hours if he's destined for the return desk.
Re: New Video Reviews Of Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Wave 1 Voyagers (2052279)
Posted by SGMLordMirage on February 14th, 2020 @ 11:26am CST
I was able to pick up ER Hoist at a Target this morning. I was alittle hesitate whether or not i would but after seeing him in person, “he was calling my name”. Definitely glad I did, he is really neat. Kind fo cool with the i package decoder coming up “Junkion” in his package. I like the throw back to how the G1 toys where with the red decoder strip to read the strengths etc. on the back.

Haven’t spotted Astrotrain nor Grapple. That is one I am definitely wanting to see in person.

SGM

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 04 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Cosmos" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #251 - Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill
Twincast / Podcast #251:
"Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, May 24th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Inferno Maximus, Ultra RID Optimus Prime, Light Saber" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Thundercracker - Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Sunstreaker   2015 Optimus Maximus" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS SKYWARP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars SKYWARP Leader Jet" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS VICTORION, NEW IN BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Skywarp Legends Series (bot, card, weapon)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Leader Class Ultra Magnus" on EBAY