New videos of Transformers 3 Filming in Chicago!

New videos of Transformers 3 Filming in Chicago!

Sunday, August 29th, 2010 11:15am CDT

Category: Movie Related News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 54,204

ConBotFormer sent us an e-mail with links to 3 new youtube videos of Transformers 3 filming in Chicago, these videos are of Optimus Prime in truck mode, the red fire engine (here referred to as "Sentinel Prime") and 2 black Decepticon Chevy trucks.
For your viewing pleasure we've embedded the videos, if you prefer viewing them on youtube simply double click the videos and you will be taken to youtube.

Credit(s): ComBotFormer, zztopeurope

Re: New videos of Transformers 3 Filming in Chicago! (1118961)
Posted by soundwave#1!!!500% on August 29th, 2010 @ 11:48am CDT
:CON: sweeeeeeeet :CON:
Re: New videos of Transformers 3 Filming in Chicago! (1118979)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on August 29th, 2010 @ 12:37pm CDT
Not sure if I want to take the word of some lot attendant on the names, but good shots of the vehicles anyway...
Re: New videos of Transformers 3 Filming in Chicago! (1118982)
Posted by Dead Metal on August 29th, 2010 @ 12:50pm CDT
Yea that thing probably isn't Sentinel Prime, since Sentinel Prime in the movie verse is ancient and probably dead, I wish Vangelus would combine all the rumoured names into one like he did with his scout Dead End review. :lol:

Personally I think that's Pyro/Spark, the alt-mode fits perfectly.
Re: New videos of Transformers 3 Filming in Chicago! (1118984)
Posted by TimPilot on August 29th, 2010 @ 1:06pm CDT
Cool if the fire truck was Ultra Magnus or even Thunderclash. But as long as it's a robot, it can be whoever it wants :lol:
Re: New videos of Transformers 3 Filming in Chicago! (1119009)
Posted by Captziltoid on August 29th, 2010 @ 2:44pm CDT
my hopes are on ultra magnus but ill bet its inferno. although i do like sentinal prime i really dont want him in this movie. but then again animated blackout surprised the hell outta me so i could them paying back the animated guys with a little homage. as for the suv. thats a bigger question on my view. cuz it does look like a part of the new organzation that simmons belongs to. :BOT:
Re: New videos of Transformers 3 Filming in Chicago! (1119024)
Posted by SLUGSLINGER81 on August 29th, 2010 @ 3:49pm CDT
It would be nice if the two SUVs were Runabout & Runamuck...I really like how much love they got in the IDW series and would be cool to see them on screen.
Re: New videos of Transformers 3 Filming in Chicago! (1119027)
Posted by soundwave#1!!!500% on August 29th, 2010 @ 4:06pm CDT
:CON: the jeep is swindle ones for a crash\explosion the other is his real altmode...............ohhhh i guess i saiud to much :CON:
Re: New videos of Transformers 3 Filming in Chicago! (1119038)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on August 29th, 2010 @ 4:47pm CDT
Captziltoid wrote:my hopes are on ultra magnus but ill bet its inferno.

It seems likely that the blue & white Optimus Prime duplicate with the car carrier trailer would be Ultra Magnus.
Re: New videos of Transformers 3 Filming in Chicago! (1119041)
Posted by Swiftknife24 on August 29th, 2010 @ 4:50pm CDT
The Two Chevrolet Suburbans - I think one has a plate and the other doesn't, so you could distinguish between them in alt. mode...Loose, I know, but this is assuming they are most likely Twins (and probably the Decepticon Assassins we've been hearing about)

Sentinal Prime - Wasn't Optimus supposed to be 'the Last Prime' in the movie cannon? And I thought somebody already confirmed it was Inferno...!

Ah well, like always; we'll have to wait and see (it's actually good that you won't know things until the actual release...But I hope it doesn't confuse like ROTF did! I'm looking at you, Devastator/Constructicon Crew! :P)
Re: New videos of Transformers 3 Filming in Chicago! (1119097)
Posted by INVINCEATRON on August 29th, 2010 @ 9:46pm CDT
I hope Its Ultra Magnus! that would be awesome! is it just me or do the 2 Chevrolet Suburbans look sweet! :grin:
Re: New videos of Transformers 3 Filming in Chicago! (1119106)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on August 29th, 2010 @ 10:05pm CDT
invinceatron wrote:I hope Its Ultra Magnus! that would be awesome!

This cab:

Plus this trailer:

is it just me or do the 2 Chevrolet Suburbans look sweet! :grin:

It bothers me that they're government cars with redneck suspensions.
Re: New videos of Transformers 3 Filming in Chicago! (1119144)
Posted by Rodimus2006 on August 30th, 2010 @ 2:17am CDT
I suspect that new Abadon Factory to be the Autobot Base. The Autobots are probably in hidding cause of the humans going insane and turning on them so they hide and make a new base.

I also suspect that they could disconnect from NEST and go on their own also.

I think that NEST is also seperated from the military now and is no longer a section of the military branch.

Sgt. Epps is now retired Epps also they were arguing so they must be some friction between them now.

That is not Setinel Prime that is more than likely a new movie-verse character such as Q or it could be a movie-verse character or even Inferno but that is not Setenel Prime.

Cant wait to find out who those 2 new decipticon trucks are.

This movie is all about fallout there is tensions betweens transformers and humans now so expect alot of riots and hating in TF 3.

I suspect TF 3 will also open up with OP narrating about current events once again but for once I would like to have the film open up with Megatron Narrating it from their perspectives would make more sense that way.

I dont know the full details of TF 3 but I got enough to understand the film in some capacity but the film is still devoloping so anything can be changed or added in between no and then.

I hope in TF 3 we will get to see Cybertron more finally it has been only seen briefly and that was just a flash back hologram of it I want to see what it looks like now.
Re: New videos of Transformers 3 Filming in Chicago! (1119147)
Posted by G1 Smoketreader on August 30th, 2010 @ 3:01am CDT
I agree that we should remain partially sceptical,accept each apparent truth with only half an ear, as they say,

-that goes for the following as well, which has been typed up somewhere before and that I'm bringing across for contributions' sake:

"Nelson said the Fire Truck isn't Pyro, Inferno or Ultra Magnus.
He said fans will faint when they see who this is."

If it's Sentinel, I'm one of the people who guessed correctly (hurray!) and could see an older Prime fitting into the film line okay (last Prime subplot notwithstanding). I'm guessing he'll be a patient,humble type-magnificently wise in advice and in accepting the leadership of Optimus,tho far older and more seasoned,he won't flaunt it when he knows better.
I'll be pleased if he survives to make it into more films, and hope people who have asked for the twins to be killed off will change their minds now, as the Movie TF population, tho not a G1 Platoon-rags-of-a-company or Armada Strike-force-amasses-into-Battallion, could work well if allowed to evolve into a tribal format,(at least for a while in lieu of further progresion) in which the twins have a vital place alongside the elders.
Re: New videos of Transformers 3 Filming in Chicago! (1119157)
Posted by TCWJoe on August 30th, 2010 @ 5:43am CDT
Very simple as I see it...

Red Jeep we saw from before = Hot Rod
Big Red Fire Truck = Rodimus Prime

Why else would they have been so persistent that something obviously all jacked up for the movie wasn't (unless like someone said before "that it's Bay's golf cart", 'cause I can see that) unless they are trying to hide a character.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Leader Class WFC-S14 Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE War for Cybertron RATCHET Walgreens Exclusive box damage." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers siege war for cybertron ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Deluxe Prowl! War for Cybertron Generations Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron HOUND  Deluxe Class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron SIEGE Leader Shockwave WFC-S14 " on EBAY
Buy "Red Alert Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY