Wednesday, June 10th, 2020 12:59am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 49,733

Thanks to online retailer Dorkside toys, we can bring you the first images of upcoming Voyager Class figures Megatron, Snapdragon, aves the very highly anticipated Quintesson Judge! As you probably know by now, Megatron is a retool of his Siege figure, but Snapdragon and the Judge are entirely new figures- in the case of the Judge, it's the first ever figure for the character which appeared in the original 1986 animated movie! It also appears that Snapdragon will not be made with a similar plastic to that of his Horrocon teammate, Apeface, whose nearly pearlescent plastic was widely panned.

Transformers News: New War for Cybertron: Earthrise In-Package Images of Snapdragon, Megatron, and Quintesson Judge

So, do these new images have you scrambling to get preorders in if you haven't already? Are you glad to FINALLY have an official Quintesson Judge figure? Let us know your thoughts below!

Credit(s): Dorkside Toys

Re: New War for Cybertron: Earthrise In-Package Images of Snapdragon, Megatron, and Quintesson Judge (2067385)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on June 10th, 2020 @ 1:09am CDT
Re: New War for Cybertron: Earthrise In-Package Images of Snapdragon, Megatron, and Quintesson Judge (2067387)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 10th, 2020 @ 1:20am CDT
Dang it, I swore I wouldn't get Megatron! I already have 2 of the mold, but aside from that stupid blade/barrel "weapon" he actually looks pretty good. As for Snapdragon, I'm not gonna lie, I'm not impressed. I'll get him because I have Apeface, but he doesn't look that great. His robot mode is the best, IMO, hell6be displayed that way.
Re: New War for Cybertron: Earthrise In-Package Images of Snapdragon, Megatron, and Quintesson Judge (2067388)
Posted by Bounti76 on June 10th, 2020 @ 1:20am CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:I seriously can't wait for Snapdragon to be released. Though, weirdly these pictures make me tempted to pick up a second one and try my hand at creating a Grimlock custom because the T-Rex mode is kind of similar, plus I can imagine it as an upgrade Grimlock received so that he could fly/be more effectively disguised for "stealth missions"

Nice headcanon. :APPLAUSE:
Re: New War for Cybertron: Earthrise In-Package Images of Snapdragon, Megatron, and Quintesson Judge (2067396)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 10th, 2020 @ 4:26am CDT
o.supreme wrote:I'm not one for 3P ad ons usually because they require you to break or take apart your toys. But if some company made simply an add on that stabilized the rocket to the platform, I'd be all for it.

Usually, many upgrade kits are just accessories that you snap on and off. I don't know what is required to stabilise the base mode, so I'll go all Ace Ventura and talk out of my ass. So I imagine some sort of pole or tripod that can be used as a big-ass mounted gun for the other modes.
Re: New War for Cybertron: Earthrise In-Package Images of Snapdragon, Megatron, and Quintesson Judge (2067397)
Posted by Mechastrike on June 10th, 2020 @ 4:34am CDT
i am ready to invest in a Quintesson tribunal.
Re: New War for Cybertron: Earthrise In-Package Images of Snapdragon, Megatron, and Quintesson Judge (2067398)
Posted by blackeyedprime on June 10th, 2020 @ 5:34am CDT
If Hasbro or Takara needs people that can transform transformers properly before photo shoots surely they don't have to try that hard to find them.

Having said that... Riotworks
Re: New War for Cybertron: Earthrise In-Package Images of Snapdragon, Megatron, and Quintesson Judge (2067399)
Posted by macsumner on June 10th, 2020 @ 6:28am CDT
Dammit - this line is making 2020 very expensive for me!
Re: New War for Cybertron: Earthrise In-Package Images of Snapdragon, Megatron, and Quintesson Judge (2067401)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on June 10th, 2020 @ 7:36am CDT
The Quints look good. Still don't like that they "transform" though. I think they could have just sold them as a twin pack with an Allicon and just had the rotating face function.
Re: New War for Cybertron: Earthrise In-Package Images of Snapdragon, Megatron, and Quintesson Judge (2067402)
Posted by Lore Keeper on June 10th, 2020 @ 7:47am CDT
I don’t mind battle damage as much as some, but I am in agreement with those that don't like it on this new Megatron. It's very heavy and feels very out of place in Earthrise.
Re: New War for Cybertron: Earthrise In-Package Images of Snapdragon, Megatron, and Quintesson Judge (2067404)
Posted by Quantum Surge on June 10th, 2020 @ 8:35am CDT
Wait, where is Megatron's silver coat of paint?
Re: New War for Cybertron: Earthrise In-Package Images of Snapdragon, Megatron, and Quintesson Judge (2067405)
Posted by LE0KING on June 10th, 2020 @ 8:55am CDT
Quantum Surge wrote:Wait, where is Megatron's silver coat of paint?

Just wait six months for a "special" release. Netflix or the like...
I don't think the quintesson has a rotating face, I think the faces pop off using that little tab and can be swapped. That may be common knowledge by now, but I just noticed.
Re: New War for Cybertron: Earthrise In-Package Images of Snapdragon, Megatron, and Quintesson Judge (2067406)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on June 10th, 2020 @ 9:01am CDT
LE0KING wrote:
Quantum Surge wrote:Wait, where is Megatron's silver coat of paint?

Just wait six months for a "special" release. Netflix or the like...

I'm pretty sure the faces do rotate. What you are seeing is 2 of the faces come unattached in the packaging because it would be too thick with them attached.

Edit: "Figure's head rotates to reveal the 5 faces of the Quintesson Judge." right from the listing on Hasbro Pulse
Re: New War for Cybertron: Earthrise In-Package Images of Snapdragon, Megatron, and Quintesson Judge (2067409)
Posted by sol magnus on June 10th, 2020 @ 9:31am CDT
Re: New War for Cybertron: Earthrise In-Package Images of Snapdragon, Megatron, and Quintesson Judge (2067410)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on June 10th, 2020 @ 9:34am CDT
sol magnus wrote:Guess I'm getting all of those, but not multiples of the Quints because they already cost 30 bucks.

I went 3 deep on this, but ONLY because of Target's Buy 1 get 1 50% off when they were revealed. If it weren't for the sale, I would only be getting 1.
Re: New War for Cybertron: Earthrise In-Package Images of Snapdragon, Megatron, and Quintesson Judge (2067411)
Posted by sol magnus on June 10th, 2020 @ 9:37am CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

Yeah. I'm just not independently wealthy. It's great that we're getting them, but 'cartoon accuracy' costs too much in this case.

Now, there was only one in Transformers: The Movie.
Re: New War for Cybertron: Earthrise In-Package Images of Snapdragon, Megatron, and Quintesson Judge (2067412)
Posted by Seibertron on June 10th, 2020 @ 9:52am CDT
I'm getting 5 dammit! I've been waiting 34 years for proper Quintesson Judge toys. Can't wait.

I think it would have been really awesome if the Quintesson Judges had packaging variants with each face prominent.

Re: New War for Cybertron: Earthrise In-Package Images of Snapdragon, Megatron, and Quintesson Judge (2067413)
Posted by Skritz on June 10th, 2020 @ 10:01am CDT

So basically: I love it and im glad it was made but I suspect it will not have a broad appeal to more casual or younger fans.
Re: New War for Cybertron: Earthrise In-Package Images of Snapdragon, Megatron, and Quintesson Judge (2067414)
Posted by YRQRM0 on June 10th, 2020 @ 10:08am CDT
Skritz wrote:Quintesson's a derpy figure you can tell is going to only be like by the of fans oldschool G1. This thing is going to warm shelves like crazy, I'm betting on it. It just doesn't seem like something which would appeal to the kids much due to it being some weird, lame, non articulated thing. Now to a fan of the movie, this is a non issue as its expected but to a casual fan this thing is going to be ugly and unappealing.

My thoughts exactly lol. I'm a fan of the movie but the stop on their planet is easily the slowest most boring part to me, this set doesn't have enough going for it to make me interested.
Re: New War for Cybertron: Earthrise In-Package Images of Snapdragon, Megatron, and Quintesson Judge (2067415)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 10th, 2020 @ 10:13am CDT
Seibertron wrote:I'm waiting for the Cyberverse Quintesson Judge to go on clearance at this point. I'd like to have 5 of that figure as well, but am not will to pay $30 a piece for that one. Hopefully soon as spring products get blown out to make way for summer products.
I picked up just one of that Cyberverse Quint and only one since, unlike the G1 Quints, there is only supposed to be one Quintesson Judge in the entirety of every universe. I liked the unique concept that Cyberverse came up with in that every universe gets its own single all-powerful Judge, and the toy represents the Judge of just one Cyberverse universe, while all other Quintessons in the show are the non-toy-based Prosecutors and Scientist.

This Earthrise Quint, however, I may wanna try getting more than one, like yourself. ;)^
Re: New War for Cybertron: Earthrise In-Package Images of Snapdragon, Megatron, and Quintesson Judge (2067417)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 10th, 2020 @ 10:21am CDT
Pass on the Quints (unless clearance) and pass on Megs (unless special repaint).
But that Snapdragon I've been waiting for it since ever. He's gonna be mine!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Kre-O 30662 Ratchet new sealed hasbro unopened 187 pieces" on EBAY
Buy "ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy Leader Class 2021" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O TRANSFORMERS LOT IRONHIDE & MEGATRON KREON BATTLE CHANGER SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Autobot Ratchet Deluxe Action Figure " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS SALVAGE, Griffin Rock Construction Team Flip Racer 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Battle In Moon Light Cyberverse Optimus Prime Trailer Part" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Bulkhead Takara Tomy MISB MINT" on EBAY