New War For Cybertron Video: 7 Things You Should Know About War for Cybertron

New War For Cybertron Video: 7 Things You Should Know About War for Cybertron

Sunday, May 30th, 2010 6:40pm CDT

Category: Game News
Posted by: Diem   Views: 35,222

WatchMojo.com have posted a new video for War for Cybertron that gives us a whole lot of new information and lets us get a peek at characters we haven't seen before and a longer look at those we've only had a glimpse of. The video contains some storyline elements so be careful if you want to avoid spoilers. You can see the video here or embedded below:

For the latest in Transformers game news, stick with Seibertron.com!

Credit(s): WatchMojo.com

Re: New War For Cybertron Video: 7 Things You Should Know About War for Cybertron (1080294)
Posted by Icicle on May 30th, 2010 @ 6:46pm CDT
I am so looking forward to this game! I hope this opens the door for a Transformers MMO. :BOT:
Re: New War For Cybertron Video: 7 Things You Should Know About War for Cybertron (1080302)
Posted by Name_Violation on May 30th, 2010 @ 7:04pm CDT
NERDGASM!!!!!!!!
Re: New War For Cybertron Video: 7 Things You Should Know About War for Cybertron (1080308)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 30th, 2010 @ 7:17pm CDT
Now I'm REALLY wishing for an XBox after I saw this. :sad:
Re: New War For Cybertron Video: 7 Things You Should Know About War for Cybertron (1080309)
Posted by NassaDane on May 30th, 2010 @ 7:19pm CDT
Re: New War For Cybertron Video: 7 Things You Should Know About War for Cybertron (1080319)
Posted by DangerousFat on May 30th, 2010 @ 8:16pm CDT
NassaDane wrote:The Video lost me at #5. Gameplay and on look pretty bad. Everything before looks great. It seems with each new information the game looks less and less good.

Huh? No offense intended, but are you mental? lol THis looks to be the best Transformers game ever made and a definite boon to the non-movie fictions and toy-lines. I'm impressed by everything I've seen so far and praying it's as good as it looks.
Re: New War For Cybertron Video: 7 Things You Should Know About War for Cybertron (1080325)
Posted by SLUGSLINGER81 on May 30th, 2010 @ 8:56pm CDT
Here are 7 things you should also know about this game:
1. I'm phyched about this game
2. I will get this Game
3. I will religiously and obsessively play this game
4. I will lose all contact with the outside world because of this game
5. I will lose my job because of this game
6. My girlfriend will probably leave me because of this game
7. HOLY CRAP I CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!!

wait...know that I read #4-6, may be I should hold off on getting this game...YEAH RIGHT!!! BRING ON THE FRAGGIN HEADSHOTS!!! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
Re: New War For Cybertron Video: 7 Things You Should Know About War for Cybertron (1080329)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 30th, 2010 @ 9:12pm CDT
SLUGSLINGER81 wrote:Here are 7 things you should also know about this game:
1. I'm phyched about this game
2. I will get this Game
3. I will religiously and obsessively play this game
4. I will lose all contact with the outside world because of this game
5. I will lose my job because of this game
6. My girlfriend will probably leave me because of this game
7. HOLY CRAP I CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!!

Sounds like me kinda, except the girlfriend and job part
Re: New War For Cybertron Video: 7 Things You Should Know About War for Cybertron (1080336)
Posted by Duke of Luns on May 30th, 2010 @ 9:33pm CDT
From the 00:38 mark:

Once a soldier, he has been forced to lead a desperate bid to prevent THE MEGATRON and his Decepticons from finding the legendary Dark Energon power source.

The Megatron? THE MEGATRON? I can't believe he said that....
Re: New War For Cybertron Video: 7 Things You Should Know About War for Cybertron (1080339)
Posted by NassaDane on May 30th, 2010 @ 9:48pm CDT
Re: New War For Cybertron Video: 7 Things You Should Know About War for Cybertron (1080344)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 30th, 2010 @ 10:38pm CDT
I kinda don't like the idea of the levels being seperated into flying levels and ground levels. However, that does not take away from the game enough for me to not say that it will be epic to BURN all you Autobots to cinders and scrap. :CON:

Duke of Luns wrote:From the 00:38 mark:

The Megatron? THE MEGATRON? I can't believe he said that....

No, no. Not "The Megatron", *THE* Megatron!

NassaDane wrote:Oh yeah and Mega Spoilers if i ever decide to play this. The whole Dark Energon thing! No Spoiler warnings either.

I'm pretty sure that the point of the plot comes up pretty quick in the game anyway. Besides, it was in a previous trailer/interview.
Re: New War For Cybertron Video: 7 Things You Should Know About War for Cybertron (1080347)
Posted by Shadowman on May 30th, 2010 @ 11:06pm CDT
Duke of Luns wrote:From the 00:38 mark:

The Megatron? THE MEGATRON? I can't believe he said that....

I caught that. You could argue that he meant "The one and only Megatron" but the way he said it sounded more like "The Fallen" like his name is supposed to start that way.

The poor fact-checking aside, this looks like a slice of fried gold. A better way to watch this video is without sound.

That's not a spoiler, that's the plot.
Re: New War For Cybertron Video: 7 Things You Should Know About War for Cybertron (1080353)
Posted by NassaDane on May 30th, 2010 @ 11:37pm CDT
If I didn't know it, its a Spoiler. The main guy in psycho is his mother, thats not a spoiler its the plot.
Re: New War For Cybertron Video: 7 Things You Should Know About War for Cybertron (1080377)
Posted by steve2275 on May 31st, 2010 @ 3:44am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
SLUGSLINGER81 wrote:Here are 7 things you should also know about this game:
1. I'm phyched about this game
2. I will get this Game
3. I will religiously and obsessively play this game
4. I will lose all contact with the outside world because of this game
5. I will lose my job because of this game
6. My girlfriend will probably leave me because of this game
7. HOLY CRAP I CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!!

Sounds like me kinda, except the girlfriend and job part

you only need 1 of those
and it's not the girl
Re: New War For Cybertron Video: 7 Things You Should Know About War for Cybertron (1080380)
Posted by Mykltron on May 31st, 2010 @ 4:17am CDT
What platforms is this available on? I don't have any, only computers.
Re: New War For Cybertron Video: 7 Things You Should Know About War for Cybertron (1080387)
Posted by Blurrz on May 31st, 2010 @ 4:39am CDT
Mykltron wrote:What platforms is this available on? I don't have any, only computers.

It's available on all the current platforms, and PC too.
Re: New War For Cybertron Video: 7 Things You Should Know About War for Cybertron (1080388)
Posted by craggy on May 31st, 2010 @ 4:45am CDT
7 things I already knew about War for Cybertron?

Oh well, nice to see some more of the game. Not long now!
Re: New War For Cybertron Video: 7 Things You Should Know About War for Cybertron (1080390)
Posted by Diem on May 31st, 2010 @ 4:57am CDT
Diem wrote: The video contains some storyline elements so be careful if you want to avoid spoilers.

Ahem.
Re: New War For Cybertron Video: 7 Things You Should Know About War for Cybertron (1080406)
Posted by DTR69 on May 31st, 2010 @ 7:26am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Now I'm REALLY wishing for an XBox after I saw this. :sad:

I haven't invested yet, so can you tell me why, is it becuase the xBox has better online capabilities ie; being able to comunicate with others?
Re: New War For Cybertron Video: 7 Things You Should Know About War for Cybertron (1080410)
Posted by OmegaPrime98 on May 31st, 2010 @ 7:47am CDT
SLUGSLINGER81 wrote:Here are 7 things you should also know about this game:
1. I'm phyched about this game
2. I will get this Game
3. I will religiously and obsessively play this game
4. I will lose all contact with the outside world because of this game
5. I will lose my job because of this game
6. My girlfriend will probably leave me because of this game
7. HOLY CRAP I CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!!

XD dude i TOTALLY agree with you......except the girlfriend and job part -_- anyway THIS LOOKS LIKE THE BEST GAME IN THE HISTORY OF GAMES!!! but if theres any halo geeks out there reading this halo also kicks skid plate and W00T!!! HEADSHOT!!! >:D
Re: New War For Cybertron Video: 7 Things You Should Know About War for Cybertron (1080438)
Posted by Cyberstrike on May 31st, 2010 @ 10:55am CDT
DTR69 wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Now I'm REALLY wishing for an XBox after I saw this. :sad:

The Xbox 360 has Xbox Live (or XBL) which allows gamers to communicate with other gamers with both a keypad, headset(both wired you plug it into the controller and wireless), and a video camera, you can also chat on Twitter and Facebook. You can also watch exclusive videos, download games, DLC, videos, music, movies, news, (it's clips from NBC and MSNBC shows only). You can buy classic and new games from the Xbox Marketplace with Microsoft points which you get buying "cards" at any major store for $20 for 1600 Points or $50 for 4000 Points or through XBL (it will cost you more than the cards though).

The PS3 has the PlayStation Network (or PSN) which allows gamers to communicate with a keypad that plugs into controller and a video camera (I don't know if there are headsets I haven't seen them) you can chat via Facebook. You do gain full internet access with a PS3 so you're not limited to the PSN, you can post a message here on PSN you CAN'T do that on XBL. You also get a Blu-Ray player as well.
You can also download videos, games, DLC, and buy PS1 games from it as well, from the PlayStation store for American currency (at least here in the USA in other countries I don't know) which you can get buying cards for $20 or $50.

I just got a PS3 about 2 months ago and have Xbox 360 for over 2 years and been on XBL for about 18 months so maybe I haven't figured out the PS3 and PSN yet.
But IMHO XBL is better organized than the PSN (and maybe it's just me but XBL downloads stuff faster than PSN) while the PSN has the added advantage of an internet browser (wonder why Microsoft hasn't thought of that) it feels a a bit weird for me to navigate through sites on my TV and with the PS3 controller though. I can't say that the PSN is awful but it feels like it's still in beta and needs to redesigned to be more user-friendly.

Finally thoughts: I would go with the Xbox 360 and XBL.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Bot Shots Starscream new sealed B002 Hasbro G1 Version" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations AOE Age of Extinction Hound Voyager Figure Loose" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS • CYCLONUS •  Combiner Wars - MINT IN BOX - HASBRO Toys" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG-30 Weirdwolf" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe 2.0 BLADES Generations Classics Voyager Class blades Parts" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe WFC-S9 Hound MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 BOMBSHELL Vintage Generations One Insecticon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Devastator - Constructicons Set HASBRO Combiner Wars - BNIB" on EBAY