Transformers News: New WFC SIEGE Products reveals: Voyager Apeface, Leader Astrotrain, Deluxe Spinister and Crosshairs

Wednesday, June 26th, 2019 11:38AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: notirishman   Views: 31,494

As San Diego Comic-con 2019 approaches, Hasbro let us savor the reveals yet to come, with some Transformers Generations War for Cybertron SIEGE product reveals, thanks to Seibertronian Sabrblade. We now know of Screenrant's new information (price, release dates, etc.), as well as a brief description of Leader Astrotrain, Voyager Apeface, Deluxe Spinister, and Deluxe Crosshairs. After you've gone through the images, join us on our forums to share your thoughts about these exciting new Generations figures!

LEADER CLASS ASTROTRAIN
(Ages 8 and Up/ Approx. Retail Price: $49.99/ Available: 12/01/2019)

The vaunted master of the Astroforce, the Decepticon Astrotrain, has been a staple of the Transformers line since his original toy was released in 1985. He had plenty of memorable moments in the '80s cartoon, including The Transformers: The Movie, when the defeated Decepticons loaded into him as they escaped Autobot City. His new toy maintains his Generation 1 status as a triple changer, transforming both into a futuristic looking steam engine train and a space shuttle. He comes with two JF-50 Ionic Displacer Blasters, the JF-30 Astro Blaster, the W-15 Destabilizer Cannon, and the W-40 Turbo-Core Derailer. All five accessories can combine to form the Omni-Force Orbital Cannon.

Transformers News: New SIEGE Products reveals: Voyager Apeface, Leader Astrotrain, Deluxe Spinister and Corsshairs

VOYAGER CLASS APEFACE
(Ages 8 and Up/ Approx. Retail Price: $29.99/ Available: 12/01/2019)

This is the first time Apeface has gotten a proper toy since his original release in 1987. The new version stays true to the spirit of the original, with some notable 21st century upgrades. The Decepticon triple changer can go from robot, to ape, to Cybertronian aircraft. In a nod to his origins in the Generation 1 Headmasters line, Apeface's robot head can transform into the diminutive Titan Master Spasma. Accessories include the SA Sonic Boom Blaster and EM Electro Shield.

DELUXE SPINISTER
(Ages 8 and Up/ Approx. Retail Price: $19.99/ Available: 12/01/2019)

Another obscure fan favorite, the original Spinister, was released near the end of Generation 1 in 1988. Like that version, the new War For Cybertron toy transforms from robot mode into a Cybertronian helicopter. He comes with an NFM Dual-Fusion Cannon and a Spin-Blast Particle Beam Cannon. For most of his existence, Spinister was a background character in Transformers fiction, but he gained a devoted following when he was featured in the critically acclaimed, fan favorite IDW comic book series Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye and Transformers: Lost Light. He was a member of the Scavengers, a group of low-level Decepticon soldiers - not exactly frontline warriors - who had no real passion for Megatron's cause and chose to go on their own adventures after the Autobots won the war. This one is sure to thrill IDW fans.

DELUXE CROSSHAIRS
(Ages 8 and Up/ Approx. Retail Price: $19.99/ Available: 12/01/2019)

An Autobot joins the party! Crosshairs is a loving homage to the original 1987 toy - the last time Crosshairs was on toy shelves (though there is an unrelated character in the Micheal Bay live action movies and toyline with the same name). And while he got to hang out with Optimus Prime briefly in the Generation 1 series finale, "The Rebirth," he's been largely dormant ever since. This impressive new deluxe brings him back in style, transforming into a Cybertronian van and packing a W-35 LR Doomblast Forge Launcher, which itself can transform from blaster mode to hammer mode.

Credit(s): Screenrant, Sabrblade on Seibertron

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New WFC SIEGE Products reveals: Voyager Apeface, Leader Astrotrain, Deluxe Spinister and Crosshairs (2026017)
Posted by YRQRM0 on June 26th, 2019 @ 11:40am CDT
Wow, Astro train looks like a great first Astro Train to get!
Re: New WFC SIEGE Products reveals: Voyager Apeface, Leader Astrotrain, Deluxe Spinister and Crosshairs (2026018)
Posted by Autobot N on June 26th, 2019 @ 11:41am CDT
Re: New WFC SIEGE Products reveals: Voyager Apeface, Leader Astrotrain, Deluxe Spinister and Crosshairs (2026020)
Posted by Microbot on June 26th, 2019 @ 11:49am CDT
Wow!! Astrotrain is great!!!! Love al 3!!!
Just crosshair is a little a delusion...just an Ironhide repaint....

-and about the Apeface surprise...mmm... New headmasters on the way so?
Re: New WFC SIEGE Products reveals: Voyager Apeface, Leader Astrotrain, Deluxe Spinister and Crosshairs (2026021)
Posted by G1OPT1MU5PR1M3 on June 26th, 2019 @ 11:52am CDT
Oh thank the heavens my wallet can rest, I only care about astrotrain and since he is a whopping $50 bucks, I'm ok with it, cause I'm sure he should be quite tall.
I'm not really feeling the other figures.
Re: New WFC SIEGE Products reveals: Voyager Apeface, Leader Astrotrain, Deluxe Spinister and Crosshairs (2026023)
Posted by G1OPT1MU5PR1M3 on June 26th, 2019 @ 11:54am CDT
bacem wrote:Ok, i am legit curious about spinister's transformation, because his leg don't seem to be your usual "split the cockpit", but only one of his leg actually becomes cockpit, so where does the other "cockpit leg" goes?

spinister-vertical2.jpg

spinister-vertical.jpg

I was thinking the same exact thing. It's kind of weird
Re: New WFC SIEGE Products reveals: Voyager Apeface, Leader Astrotrain, Deluxe Spinister and Crosshairs (2026024)
Posted by Flashwave on June 26th, 2019 @ 11:55am CDT
I gotta wondwr how longvthey have been working on that Apeface, aince he's been a rumor since the start of PotP. Me want

I like Spinister.

Astrotrain is probably a definate, I am a sucker for a train, butbI still like the TR version to go with the other two triples.

Crosshairs I will rpobably pass on. I thibk I prefer the conic art of him from TR Kup than this, a bit too much blue, plus I will already have two of that mold on my primary lineup (Long story short part of my top shelf is Generations versions of Aligned/Movie characters) whenever they decide to spill Ratchet, and I really I am still happy with Cloud Ironhide in the Crosshairs Roll. But he has been on a few people's Want lists for a while now and I am glad to see him coming
Re: New WFC SIEGE Products reveals: Voyager Apeface, Leader Astrotrain, Deluxe Spinister and Crosshairs (2026025)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 26th, 2019 @ 11:56am CDT
Re: New WFC SIEGE Products reveals: Voyager Apeface, Leader Astrotrain, Deluxe Spinister and Crosshairs (2026026)
Posted by Black Hat on June 26th, 2019 @ 11:56am CDT
Astrotrain is an absolute must for me. That train mode, that surprisingly good shuttle mode, hell to the yeah!

Apeface doesn't particularly interest me but he still looks cool.

Spinister looks great and will be a fantastic Decepticon grunt.

Crosshairs is cool and all but I don't think I'd get him over Ironhide. Though a Crosshairs being a retool of Ironhide, after Energon Ironhide had Crosshairs' colours, is an interesting roundabout homage.
Re: New WFC SIEGE Products reveals: Voyager Apeface, Leader Astrotrain, Deluxe Spinister and Crosshairs (2026027)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on June 26th, 2019 @ 12:00pm CDT
Astrotrain looks kinda... iffy. Love that bot mode, but his vehicle modes look awkward. Maybe actual pictures will change my mind?

Crosshairs was a bot I literally just was thinking, "I wonder if HasTak will ever make a Generations Crosshairs?" He may just be an Ironhide retool as opposed to a new mold, but he looks great regardless.

Apeface is to die for. Look how perfect that beast mode is! Robot mode is great and jet mode is pretty cool!

Spinister. What a perfect looking bot. And what magic was pulled off to give him 2 different cockpits on his legs?

Loving all of this, and it shows just how much HasTak loves the fans (and their money!)

Edit: just noticed the headmaster on Apeface's head!
Re: New WFC SIEGE Products reveals: Voyager Apeface, Leader Astrotrain, Deluxe Spinister and Crosshairs (2026030)
Posted by o.supreme on June 26th, 2019 @ 12:11pm CDT

So...are these late entries in the Siege line, or early ones for the 2020 *Armageddon* line?

ZeroWolf wrote:OK I'm confused now. Hasbro moved to the one line a year idea with Siege hitting at the end of last year...which is when these are supposed to hit. So the last wave of Siege? Or are these the first reveals of the post Siege line? Given how potp went, I assumed that the next part of the trilogy would hit in December

great minds think alike ;)
Re: New WFC SIEGE Products reveals: Voyager Apeface, Leader Astrotrain, Deluxe Spinister and Crosshairs (2026031)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on June 26th, 2019 @ 12:12pm CDT
I suspect these figures are for the next line. The Screenrant feature says that Siege is the current line, but only says these figures are part of "War for Cybertron." SR gets the toy reveal, but Hasbro is still holding onto the product line branding reveal until later.
Re: New WFC SIEGE Products reveals: Voyager Apeface, Leader Astrotrain, Deluxe Spinister and Crosshairs (2026032)
Posted by Short Circuit on June 26th, 2019 @ 12:13pm CDT
Whelp, anyone wanna trade TR astrotrain for sentinel prime? :lol:
These guys look awesome. I’ll probably pass on crosshairs just because after ratchet I’ll already have two of that mould.
Re: New WFC SIEGE Products reveals: Voyager Apeface, Leader Astrotrain, Deluxe Spinister and Crosshairs (2026033)
Posted by Autobot N on June 26th, 2019 @ 12:14pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:great reveals, no doubt, but the news has me a little confused....Spinister was part of the fan poll (which a winner is not supposed to be announced until sometime in July...but I guess we know who the winner is... :lol: ) also, that fan poll was for a 2020 release, these all say 12/01/19.

Wrong poll. Spinister was in the one for Siege (which Impactor won). Needlenose is the one from the 2020 poll.
Re: New WFC SIEGE Products reveals: Voyager Apeface, Leader Astrotrain, Deluxe Spinister and Crosshairs (2026034)
Posted by o.supreme on June 26th, 2019 @ 12:14pm CDT
^So maybe this should all get moved to the 2020 line thread?
Re: New WFC SIEGE Products reveals: Voyager Apeface, Leader Astrotrain, Deluxe Spinister and Crosshairs (2026035)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on June 26th, 2019 @ 12:15pm CDT
Also I feel bad for all the TR Astrotrains that are destined for the waste bin of history. And also the literal waste bin. I wish his grey was darker, but I'll hold off my worry until we see production figures in the flesh.
Re: New WFC SIEGE Products reveals: Voyager Apeface, Leader Astrotrain, Deluxe Spinister and Crosshairs (2026037)
Posted by william-james88 on June 26th, 2019 @ 12:16pm CDT

It goes in the back, covered by his arms on the side. It's a very nice transformation/design trick where one of the alt mode components is real while the other fake to give the bot mode symmetry. We've been seeing lots of that lately, especially in the legs. Here are some other examples.

Autobot N wrote:Also, the Spinister reveal seems like a confirmation of the theory that the fan votes determine which figures we get first, rather than at all.

I felt that theory was confirmed with Omega Supreme.

Microbot wrote:Wow!! Astrotrain is great!!!! Love al 3!!!
Just crosshair is a little a delusion...just an Ironhide repaint....

People were asking for a Kup repaint so it was gonne be on or the other, this isnt surprising.

This confuses me to no end. I really dont know whats going on with the line right now.

Nathaniel Prime wrote:Astrotrain looks kinda... iffy. Love that bot mode, but his vehicle modes look awkward.

I always had an issue with Astrotrain in the fact that his shuttle mode is awkward because the engineering was just not feasable at the time to give him a sleek shuttle mode. So it looked rather squarish instead. And because the animation model copied that look, it became part of the character. I would have liked for us to move on and actually give him a nice and sleek shuttle mode, something we can do now that we couldnt before.

Something like this:

Re: New WFC SIEGE Products reveals: Voyager Apeface, Leader Astrotrain, Deluxe Spinister and Crosshairs (2026038)
Posted by Autobot N on June 26th, 2019 @ 12:17pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:^So maybe this should all get moved to the 2020 line thread?
I don’t think so. Some folks on TFW2005 have a list of all of the Siege numbers (I think they got it from the website that you can put the codes into) that had a wave’s worth of unknown numbers. The four figures revealed today filled a few of the missing numbers.
Re: New WFC SIEGE Products reveals: Voyager Apeface, Leader Astrotrain, Deluxe Spinister and Crosshairs (2026039)
Posted by wolverinetodd on June 26th, 2019 @ 12:18pm CDT
Microbot wrote:Wow!! Astrotrain is great!!!! Love al 3!!!
Just crosshair is a little a delusion...just an Ironhide repaint....

So is Siege Ratchet.

I think a lot of fans were expecting Crosshairs to be repainted from the Titans Return Deluxe Class Kup mold. But then Crosshairs would've had a Titan Master for a head and then fans would've wanted Sureshot and Pointblank to be made with Titan Masters for heads as well and Hasbro was already moving towards a new line by then. So in all honesty, this mold is the perfect mold for Crosshairs, being futuristic and Cybertronian, thus opening the door for figures of Sureshot and Pointblank to be released in this WFC trilogy.
Re: New WFC SIEGE Products reveals: Voyager Apeface, Leader Astrotrain, Deluxe Spinister and Crosshairs (2026040)
Posted by william-james88 on June 26th, 2019 @ 12:19pm CDT

Wrong fan poll
Re: New WFC SIEGE Products reveals: Voyager Apeface, Leader Astrotrain, Deluxe Spinister and Crosshairs (2026041)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 26th, 2019 @ 12:19pm CDT

great minds think alike ;)

Hah very true!

Realised I never commented on the figures.

I like Astro Train, nice to have the train alt mode looking like a train (though his TR release was more alien in design. Spinster looks great fun, and I'm keen to see where the faux cockpit goes in alt mode. Ape Face is stunning in all modes and it's nice to see the titan masters again.

Crosshairs is sadly a little boring to me but it's good that he's there for those who want him!

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #226 - Fire in the Sky
"Fire in the Sky"
Posted: Sunday, July 7th, 2019

Buy "TRANSFORMERS AUTOBOT TWINFERNO 2016 TITANS RETURN GENERATIONS PRISTINE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Soundwave with Laserbeak" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Optimus Prime Soundwave Lot" on EBAY
Buy "***  TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION TAKARA STINGER *** EX CONDITION" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Jazz, price is per unit" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise RID TRU Exclusive Megatronus complete 2016" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Warrior Class Thunderhoof RID Hasbro Complete robots in disguise" on EBAY
Buy "Stormshot Transformers Robots in Disguise RID  Warrior Class Complete" on EBAY