Monday, April 17th, 2017 10:06pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 21,059

The second 2017 wave of Robots in Disguise warrior figures (or wave 11 for those keeping track) was found in Canada this Easter week-end. This is the wave that includes Soundwave, Blurr, Skywarp as well as a redeco of Windblade with a new face, and a reissue of Grimlock for good measure. They were found at Toysrus in St Bruno, Quebec, but cybertron.ca member innermanchild. These have already found their way to the states but it's nice to see not a lot of time in between sightings between these two neighboring nations.

Transformers News: Newest Robots in Disguise Wave with Soundwave, Blurr and Skywarp Found at Canadian Retail

Credit(s): innermanchild

Re: Newest Robots in Disguise Wave with Soundwave, Blurr and Skywarp Found at Canadian Retail (1875075)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 17th, 2017 @ 10:27pm CDT
Oh, so I forgot to bring him back to school with me, but Skyhammer is a great figure and has convinced me the Crash Combiners are a really fun time and not a waste, even though Primestrong convinced me of that already. The jets are fun, the robot modes are eh, but the combined mode and auto transformation are really fun! It is especially fun to mix and match to form SkyPrime and StrongHammer. Really is.
Re: Newest Robots in Disguise Wave with Soundwave, Blurr and Skywarp Found at Canadian Retail (1875809)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 20th, 2017 @ 1:07pm CDT
If you're still on the fence about the Crash Combiners I did a review of all three, that way you can get a look at them without jumping all over.

Re: Newest Robots in Disguise Wave with Soundwave, Blurr and Skywarp Found at Canadian Retail (1876201)
Posted by RAR on April 21st, 2017 @ 2:59pm CDT

Heck knows where Minicon Activator Sideswipe has got to though in the UK.
Re: Newest Robots in Disguise Wave with Soundwave, Blurr and Skywarp Found at Canadian Retail (1876221)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 21st, 2017 @ 4:32pm CDT
RAR wrote:I expect the 3rd Crash Combiner will be available to order next week so I hope I can get one then.

Heck knows where Minicon Activator Sideswipe has got to though in the UK.

Isn't that supposed to be part of the second wave of Activators with Soundwave?
Re: Newest Robots in Disguise Wave with Soundwave, Blurr and Skywarp Found at Canadian Retail (1876227)
Posted by william-james88 on April 21st, 2017 @ 5:19pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

Heck knows where Minicon Activator Sideswipe has got to though in the UK.

Isn't that supposed to be part of the second wave of Activators with Soundwave?

No, those toys arent synched with other waves. Sideswipe is already out in places, like canada. Soundwave will come after.
Re: Newest Robots in Disguise Wave with Soundwave, Blurr and Skywarp Found at Canadian Retail (1876249)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 21st, 2017 @ 7:55pm CDT
Re: Newest Robots in Disguise Wave with Soundwave, Blurr and Skywarp Found at Canadian Retail (1876262)
Posted by william-james88 on April 21st, 2017 @ 8:16pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Bee and Strongarm are still sitting comfortably here, so I doubt I'll see Swipe for a while yet

All three are next to eachother at my toysrus. Its like the crash combiners who are all together at the same time. I dont think they are meant to replace eachother on the shelves.

Re: Newest Robots in Disguise Wave with Soundwave, Blurr and Skywarp Found at Canadian Retail (1876602)
Posted by Bronzewolf on April 23rd, 2017 @ 12:49pm CDT
We've got more new products in the UK! This time, we turn our attention to Robots In Disguise Crash Combiners SkyHammer! These combining compadres were found on the shelves at Smyths by TFW2005 user Returner! Let us know if you see them anywhere else!
Re: Newest Robots in Disguise Wave with Soundwave, Blurr and Skywarp Found at Canadian Retail (1876605)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 23rd, 2017 @ 1:05pm CDT
You guys need to grab him. He is an awesome little figure and lots of fun if you have PrimeStrong too!
Re: Newest Robots in Disguise Wave with Soundwave, Blurr and Skywarp Found at Canadian Retail (1876781)
Posted by RAR on April 24th, 2017 @ 4:20am CDT
I have been saying for weeks that it would make way more sense to combine the new Characters/repaint for the Crash Combiners into a single wave in Europe and releasing one on it's own it daft.

Same thing applies to Sideswipe and Soundwave Activator Combiners too - Though there should be some Sideswipes in with Soundwave's release anyway - but the problem seem to be with "to many Bumblebees" they just sit there unsold - so anything that over supplies AC Bumblebee again is a really bad idea if they don't hurry up and get Sideswipe out more places and Soundwave out then they won't have time to get around to Optimus before the line dies.

But with no replacement Cartoon in sight they may as well keep making RID short seasons and keep the toyline ticking over well into 2018 or beyond. Heck they really ought to be making some Rescue Bots Cartoon specials as well.
Re: Newest Robots in Disguise Wave with Soundwave, Blurr and Skywarp Found at Canadian Retail (1877048)
Posted by Va'al on April 25th, 2017 @ 5:04am CDT
Via the snakas blog, we have images of the Activators in the Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force toyline, featuring Soundwave and Optimus Prime - and their minicons Laserbeak and Hi-Test! You can check them out in their boxes below.

Re: Newest Robots in Disguise Wave with Soundwave, Blurr and Skywarp Found at Canadian Retail (1877067)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 25th, 2017 @ 7:10am CDT
Re: Newest Robots in Disguise Wave with Soundwave, Blurr and Skywarp Found at Canadian Retail (1877070)
Posted by galvatron00 on April 25th, 2017 @ 7:23am CDT
That Optimus looks pretty noice!! Soundwave isn't bad either!!
Re: Newest Robots in Disguise Wave with Soundwave, Blurr and Skywarp Found at Canadian Retail (1877076)
Posted by william-james88 on April 25th, 2017 @ 8:07am CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Did we even know there was going to be an activator Optimus? I don't recall anything about that figure

Its news to me.
Re: Newest Robots in Disguise Wave with Soundwave, Blurr and Skywarp Found at Canadian Retail (1877101)
Posted by ultraprime0914 on April 25th, 2017 @ 9:40am CDT
Optimus Reminds me of Stealth Force Optimus Prime From Transformers Dark of the Moon :RID-BOTS:
Re: Newest Robots in Disguise Wave with Soundwave, Blurr and Skywarp Found at Canadian Retail (1877102)
Posted by galvatron00 on April 25th, 2017 @ 9:42am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Its news to me.
Re: Newest Robots in Disguise Wave with Soundwave, Blurr and Skywarp Found at Canadian Retail (1877103)
Posted by kurthy on April 25th, 2017 @ 9:44am CDT

Maybe he can rest on warrior soundwave and I can just toss the unarticulated soundwave in a box.
Re: Newest Robots in Disguise Wave with Soundwave, Blurr and Skywarp Found at Canadian Retail (1877105)
Posted by galvatron00 on April 25th, 2017 @ 9:46am CDT
kurthy wrote:I can just toss the unarticulated soundwave in a box.
That unarticulated Soundwave has articulated elbows!! :lol: :lol:

Seriously though..any additional articulation? Sideways/rotating shoulders? Knees? ANYTHING ELSE?! :-(
Re: Newest Robots in Disguise Wave with Soundwave, Blurr and Skywarp Found at Canadian Retail (1877136)
Posted by X3ROhour on April 25th, 2017 @ 11:28am CDT
Autobot Roadburn wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:I didn't know this was news, I found the whole wave at a toys r us last week. Picked up blurr myself as he's the only one that really interests me.

Same, I found part of the wave at Toys R Us 2 days ago and the whole wave at Target. Only really wanted Soundwave since I was buying a bunch of Lego Star Wars stuff too, but I got to pick between two and one had a much better paint job than the other.

Me too
except i ordered mine from TRU
on sale
11.41 ea.

so very, very lovely.

Blurr (NOT) and Soundwave especially!
very cool!

i even dig Blastdude.
my imagination plays him as a former/rebel student of Bludgeon
his evil, former, sensei.

all so very cool.

:KREMZEEK:
8-}
:-P
Re: Newest Robots in Disguise Wave with Soundwave, Blurr and Skywarp Found at Canadian Retail (1877140)
Posted by william-james88 on April 25th, 2017 @ 11:42am CDT
kurthy wrote:I kind of want soundwave just for laserbeak, my son already has the warrior soundwave, which I'm playing with too much.

How about you buy that unarticulated soundwave and trade it with your kid for the warrior soundwave (and keep the laserbeak).

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Hollywood Rides Diecast 1:32 Scale Flame Design Jada" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION AUTOBOT QUICK DRAW HOUND Power battler 2014." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Predaking - 30th Anniversary New Amazon Exclusive Platinum" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Autobot SLUG - TRU Evolution 2-Pack Exclusive Deluxe New Slag" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Cyberverse Warrior Class Lightning Slash Thundercracker" on EBAY
Buy "JADA 30114 TRANSFORMERS VW VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE BUMBLEBEE 1:24 WITH CHARLIE FIGURE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner force STEELJAW in original packaging !!" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Age Of Extinction Deluxe Class Lockdown 100% Complete" on EBAY