Transformers News: Newly Revealed Transformers Studio Series Figures like Megatron and Shockwave on Display at Fan Expo

Friday, August 23rd, 2019 5:53PM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 26,520

Thanks to posts on Instagram, we have images of the newly revealed toys on display at Fan Expo Canada. We can get a better look at Shockwave, Mixmaster, the firs movie Megatron and others. We get a really good look at the alt mode of the later, which looks well painted. Though these are samples so the final product may not have that paint (which has happened before). The chest for Megatron seems identical to the ROTF version. These can all be preordered right now at the online collectables store of your choice.

Check the images below and tell us what you think!

Credit(s): instagram
Re: Newly Revealed Transformers Studio Series Figures like Megatron and Shockwave on Display at Fan Expo (2035478)
Posted by william-james88 on August 23rd, 2019 @ 6:08pm CDT
DecepticonFinishline wrote:So.... Megatron is the last of the '07 Transformers, but he does not come with Frenzy. Soooooo.... No Frenzy?

Not to sound ungrateful. All of these look amazing. I would just consider Frenzy way more important than Igor or Scorponok. Same for Scalpel for that matter.

Wait till a exclusive barricade and bumblebee two pack with frenzy.

Archforce wrote:These look great, but I continue to lose hope that Sideways will be getting a new fig. Guess Audi must be pretty difficult when it comes to licensing, considering we got only an approximation of the R8 for RotF.

Did Sideways ever turn into a robot in the film?
Re: Newly Revealed Transformers Studio Series Figures like Megatron and Shockwave on Display at Fan Expo (2035479)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 23rd, 2019 @ 6:09pm CDT
So megs is totally hollow like tank megs huh? glad I ducked out on his pre-order on the last second thinking he might be, fool me once and all >:oP

Waiting for mixmaster to show up on pulse so I can nab him =P~
Re: Newly Revealed Transformers Studio Series Figures like Megatron and Shockwave on Display at Fan Expo (2035480)
Posted by GrangerPerry on August 23rd, 2019 @ 6:11pm CDT
That new Megatron is insane! Somehow I’m more impressed with him than the MPM. I can pretty much see where all the parts go but that’s still some airplane magic happening over there. Never been into collecting movie figures but this might be my first. I just wish there was an SS 07 Optimus with better paint than we’ve gotten so far
Re: Newly Revealed Transformers Studio Series Figures like Megatron and Shockwave on Display at Fan Expo (2035481)
Posted by william-james88 on August 23rd, 2019 @ 6:11pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:So megs is totally hollow like tank megs huh?

yeah, but that didnt really bug me with the toy in hand
Re: Newly Revealed Transformers Studio Series Figures like Megatron and Shockwave on Display at Fan Expo (2035483)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 23rd, 2019 @ 6:16pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:So megs is totally hollow like tank megs huh?

yeah, but that didnt really bug me with the toy in hand

I'm glad they both seem like solid figures, but it's one of my biggest pet peeves, so I'm gonna be skipping '07 megs, too bad too, he looks great :(
Re: Newly Revealed Transformers Studio Series Figures like Megatron and Shockwave on Display at Fan Expo (2035484)
Posted by Ironhidensh on August 23rd, 2019 @ 6:25pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Did Sideways ever turn into a robot in the film?

Very briefly, as he crashed and rolled through a house.
Re: Newly Revealed Transformers Studio Series Figures like Megatron and Shockwave on Display at Fan Expo (2035485)
Posted by william-james88 on August 23rd, 2019 @ 6:30pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:So megs is totally hollow like tank megs huh?

yeah, but that didnt really bug me with the toy in hand

I dont know why you choose to deprive yourself of fun that way.
Re: Newly Revealed Transformers Studio Series Figures like Megatron and Shockwave on Display at Fan Expo (2035486)
Posted by LordPrime99 on August 23rd, 2019 @ 6:32pm CDT
Re: Newly Revealed Transformers Studio Series Figures like Megatron and Shockwave on Display at Fan Expo (2035487)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on August 23rd, 2019 @ 6:35pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Did Sideways ever turn into a robot in the film?

Yes, but only for a couple seconds when he crashes through a building.
7E473319-0FD5-4B4A-A109-606E64201020.jpeg

Hellscream9999 wrote:So megs is totally hollow like tank megs huh?

I don’t know, I think the jet mode nose might fold up to help fill out that space based on what we’re looking at. No way of telling unless we see some different angles, though.
Re: Newly Revealed Transformers Studio Series Figures like Megatron and Shockwave on Display at Fan Expo (2035488)
Posted by Rtron on August 23rd, 2019 @ 6:58pm CDT
LordPrime99 wrote:These SS reveals look AMAZING but the rotf megs chest on 07 megs makes me uncomfortable...it just doesn't look right

That's driving me crazy. I don't get why they couldn't remold that piece too. I mean, I'd rather have more screen accurate than the accesory.
Re: Newly Revealed Transformers Studio Series Figures like Megatron and Shockwave on Display at Fan Expo (2035490)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 23rd, 2019 @ 7:07pm CDT
I don't really care about the constructicons. But the 2007 Megatron and that Shockwave are SEXY AS BALLS! :x
Both of them will be a sure buy when they come out.
Re: Newly Revealed Transformers Studio Series Figures like Megatron and Shockwave on Display at Fan Expo (2035491)
Posted by Stargrave on August 23rd, 2019 @ 7:22pm CDT
Re: Newly Revealed Transformers Studio Series Figures like Megatron and Shockwave on Display at Fan Expo (2035492)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 23rd, 2019 @ 7:32pm CDT
Stargrave wrote:There appears to be a track on the underside of Scavenger’s forearms I believe that’s where that square peg on Hightower (and Scrapper) will slide in.

If you're talking about the cut out on the white part, then no way, it's closed off and seems way too narrow to accommodate the connector :-?
Re: Newly Revealed Transformers Studio Series Figures like Megatron and Shockwave on Display at Fan Expo (2035493)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 23rd, 2019 @ 7:33pm CDT
It's crazy that the treads are actually hidden inside the wheels in bot mode, I love it :-?
Re: Newly Revealed Transformers Studio Series Figures like Megatron and Shockwave on Display at Fan Expo (2035494)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on August 23rd, 2019 @ 7:34pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Wait till a exclusive barricade and bumblebee two pack with frenzy.

Did Sideways ever turn into a robot in the film?

He did so briefly during the chase before being cut in half.
Re: Newly Revealed Transformers Studio Series Figures like Megatron and Shockwave on Display at Fan Expo (2035495)
Posted by Stargrave on August 23rd, 2019 @ 7:48pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:

I think the forearm bends up leaving that red piece at the elbow in place revealing the track. The square peg is actually pretty small and that’s a leader class. Guess we’ll have to wait and see.
Re: Newly Revealed Transformers Studio Series Figures like Megatron and Shockwave on Display at Fan Expo (2035500)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 23rd, 2019 @ 8:18pm CDT
OK, so today was an exciting day, and we have all the Wave 9 Studio Series reveals!

Here are my thoughts on each:

Looks frikkin amazing! Demolishor was my first RotF figure and one of the first Decepticons I got at all. He looks marvelous, definitely seeming like an improvement over his original figure. And the treads end up inside the wheels! That is brilliant.

Also looks really good! I've been trying to find Devastator face parts in there and i can't. I think the cab will fold inside out to become the face, that is the only way that can work from what I can see. He still looks good as his own individual too!

6 down, 2 reveals to go, and i think those will have the 2nd most interesting: Overload. (Scavenger was the first)

This one makes me nervous. This is yet another Shockwave that is a leader scale, and unlike his Siege counterpart, he doesn't seem to have a very good reason for it. He is a retool of a voyager with 3 non-posing accessories, very different from Optimus with a trailer. He needed his Driller! We need the Driller!

I'm also nervous because he is a retool of RotF Megatron, and that mold was pretty ass. One of the weakest of the line. they would have been better with a new mold.

Trash.

Like, this hurts Trash.

what have they done???? That jet mode is so boxy in the back. the middle is not streamlined or cohesive at all. The entire chest and crotch are wrong! The legs are boxy when the MPM proved you didn't need that!

What the hell did you guys do? You nailed the MPM, and then you make this... why?

On a plus, the head looks nice and the mace is awesome, but.... come on guys, i expected much better.

So with these reveals, how long until we get wreckers? Like, Wreckers, Dino, Que, Jolt, they have to be inevitable, right? And I am still holding out hope for a Leader class Infernocus
Re: Newly Revealed Transformers Studio Series Figures like Megatron and Shockwave on Display at Fan Expo (2035511)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on August 23rd, 2019 @ 9:19pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

Unless they’re saving the wreckers for a 2021 10th anniversary release, I think it’s a really safe bet that we’ll see at least one in the next deluxe wave.

I’m trying to think how they could tackle a Driller in Studio Series, it would almost have to be a titan to get the scale across, maybe even just a short section as a commander class? I’m not sure how feasible it would be.
Re: Newly Revealed Transformers Studio Series Figures like Megatron and Shockwave on Display at Fan Expo (2035514)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 23rd, 2019 @ 9:30pm CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

With Shockwave getting a toy without the Driller, I think we can forget the Driller toy at this point, it's a pipe dream. I don't think it does enough by itself to be an individual release sadly.

And I am so happy we are getting Brains and Wheelie. With them and the Arcees, the only Live Action Autobot I will be missing that was in the movies will be Dino. i have everyone else at some scale and toy, but Leadfoot and roadbuster need weaponized deluxes.

OK, I do have a Dino, but it is that Prime Cyberverse repaint of sideways, so it doesn't really count
Re: Newly Revealed Transformers Studio Series Figures like Megatron and Shockwave on Display at Fan Expo (2035526)
Posted by LeAwesome1 on August 24th, 2019 @ 3:25am CDT
o.supreme wrote:They rename *some* Decepticons that have the same body type, but for Rampage there's Red Rampage (killed by BB, but that's the toy that is out now...), and Yellow Rampage, that was actually part of Devastator in the RotF film... :???: 8-}

From what I read online and others have said before, I think the yellow Rampage is actually called Skipjack?

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #229 - Galaxies
"Galaxies"
Posted: Sunday, August 25th, 2019

Buy "Rare Transformers BotCon Shattered Glass Ratchet Assembly Class Stickers sheet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes sealed Windcharger & Beachcomber" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Terrorcons Blot combiner Abominus MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Dreadwind Nearly Complete - Decepticon Powermaster" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2009 Transformers Optimus Prime Nerf Gun Barricade RV-10 Blaster" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultra Magnus MISB Voyager Class" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME BEAST HUNTERS VOYAGER CLASS ULTRA MAGNUS" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME BEAST HUNTERS COMMANDER CLASS OPTIMUS PRIME MOSC!" on EBAY