News from Toy Fair 2010 Nuremberg, Germany - Power Core Combiners, RPM's & more

Transformers News: News from Toy Fair 2010 Nuremberg, Germany - Power Core Combiners, RPM's & more

Saturday, February 6th, 2010 5:05PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 31,171

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

More news has been forwarded our way courtesy of Seibertron.com member Philister about Toy Fair 2010 from Nuremberg, Germany.

Most of the information is what we've learned from previous reports, but some new info on the Robot Powered Machine line and Power Core Combiners lines was passed on to us that fans may enjoy. Here's what was shared:

The RPMs line seems to a major success and there'll be lots of new products there. Apart from at least a dozen new RPM cars I've seen, there is a new race track / play set, titled "Bumblebee's Battle Track".

Additionally a new RPM subline called "Stealth Force" was introduced. This line consists of Voyager- and Deluxe-sized vehicles. They can't transform into robots, but they do electronically fold out weapons and other technical knick-knacks. Optimus Prime and Megatron come in Voyager-size, Bumblebee in Deluxe size.

Finally, the RPM line is rounded out by a new Bumblebee car, a remote controlled one this time. Size-wise it's somewhere between Ultimate Battle BB and Human Alliance BB.

Among the "real" Transformers we saw Leader Starscream (in the new orange packaging), Seaspray and Power Core Combiner Huffer, all old news. What I hadn't seen so far, though, were the following:
- Scout class figure Hubcap, who transforms into a red muscle car
- Scout class figure Brimstone, who transforms into a blue motorbike
- Power Core combiner Team "Aerialbots", consisting of a leader figure just below Deluxe size and four team members just below Scout size.


Seibertron.com will be offering full coverage of Toy Fair 2010 when it hits New York, so keep your optics locked at your Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): Philister
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: News from Toy Fair 2010 Nuremberg, Germany - Power Core Combiners, RPM's & more (1044689)
Posted by Chaoslock on February 6th, 2010 @ 5:17pm CST
Pics of PCCs?
Re: News from Toy Fair 2010 Nuremberg, Germany - Power Core Combiners, RPM's & more (1044690)
Posted by Philister on February 6th, 2010 @ 5:23pm CST
Sorry, taking pics is strictly VERBOTEN at the Nuremberg toy fair. People have been thrown out the building for that. I've seen it happen. But I guess we'll have all the pics we need in a week or so when the US Toy Fair comes around (which makes the no-photo rule in Nuremberg all the more stupid, IMHO).
Re: News from Toy Fair 2010 Nuremberg, Germany - Power Core Combiners, RPM's & more (1044694)
Posted by Mkall on February 6th, 2010 @ 5:31pm CST
Bruticus and now Superion.

Cool!

I cannot wait for the NY Toy Fair where there should be some neat pics
Re: News from Toy Fair 2010 Nuremberg, Germany - Power Core Combiners, RPM's & more (1044697)
Posted by mechabooks on February 6th, 2010 @ 5:38pm CST
This sounds promising! There may be more revealed in NY. I might just see if I can wrangle up some passes from a connection of mine.
Re: News from Toy Fair 2010 Nuremberg, Germany - Power Core Combiners, RPM's & more (1044699)
Posted by Chaoslock on February 6th, 2010 @ 5:46pm CST
Philister wrote:Sorry, taking pics is strictly VERBOTEN at the Nuremberg toy fair. People have been thrown out the building for that. I've seen it happen.


Damn, it looks like some people doesn't want to sell their toys...

And how did the combiner look? More like the movie figures or G1/Armada/Energon/Cyb? Were there seemingly detachable parts (fists, feet) or everything transforms from the limbs?
Re: News from Toy Fair 2010 Nuremberg, Germany - Power Core Combiners, RPM's & more (1044731)
Posted by Constantine on February 6th, 2010 @ 8:11pm CST
First Gen wrote:Power Core combiner Team "Aerialbots", consisting of a leader figure just below Deluxe size and four team members just below Scout size.


Le sigh. Such a disappointment. I mean, Aerialbots, cool and all yeah, but the sizes show that they'll be even smaller than the Energon Aerialbots and Combaticons, which frankly were too small.

I'm not going to say "why can't we get" because I know the economic reasons why not, but I'd still very much like to see a Voyager gestalt leader with full-sized Deluxe limbs (the Energon limbs, while at the Deluxe price point, were really more Scout-sized).
Re: News from Toy Fair 2010 Nuremberg, Germany - Power Core Combiners, RPM's & more (1044749)
Posted by First-Aid on February 6th, 2010 @ 9:32pm CST
Constantine wrote:Le sigh. Such a disappointment. I mean, Aerialbots, cool and all yeah, but the sizes show that they'll be even smaller than the Energon Aerialbots and Combaticons, which frankly were too small.


The Energon limbs WERE at the scout price point. And if you'll note the size of the G1 Aerialbots, they were even smaller than current Scout class. I'm going to wait for finished product to make any judgements. I suggest you do the same...give em a chance before passing judgement. :-?
Re: News from Toy Fair 2010 Nuremberg, Germany - Power Core Combiners, RPM's & more (1044781)
Posted by First Gen on February 6th, 2010 @ 11:42pm CST
Constantine wrote:
First Gen wrote:Power Core combiner Team "Aerialbots", consisting of a leader figure just below Deluxe size and four team members just below Scout size.


Le sigh. Such a disappointment. I mean, Aerialbots, cool and all yeah, but the sizes show that they'll be even smaller than the Energon Aerialbots and Combaticons, which frankly were too small.

I'm not going to say "why can't we get" because I know the economic reasons why not, but I'd still very much like to see a Voyager gestalt leader with full-sized Deluxe limbs (the Energon limbs, while at the Deluxe price point, were really more Scout-sized).



I dunno about you boss, but I own both the ROTF/ Energon Superion and Bruticus Maximus' and a G1 Superion. Size wise, they are fairly equal and the limbs on all of them are about "scout class" (even though G1 didn't have classes) and the leaders are about deluxe size, give or take, so its really nothing out of the ordinary.

I also don't think you could do a gestalt with a Voyager leader and deluxe limbs, maybe and Ultra leader with deluxe limbs but thats a pretty big gestalt and at an average 13 bucks per deluxe and 25 bucks for an ultra, your talking some pricey figures.

Look at ROTF Supreme Devastator, I don't know about your area, but around my parts, they're collecting dust, even after a rollback at wallyworld for 68 bucks.
Re: News from Toy Fair 2010 Nuremberg, Germany - Power Core Combiners, RPM's & more (1044788)
Posted by Counterpunch on February 6th, 2010 @ 11:49pm CST
First Gen wrote:I also don't think you could do a gestalt with a Voyager leader and deluxe limbs, maybe and Ultra leader with deluxe limbs but thats a pretty big gestalt and at an average 13 bucks per deluxe and 25 bucks for an ultra, your talking some pricey figures.


G1 Predaking.

(had to say it)
Re: News from Toy Fair 2010 Nuremberg, Germany - Power Core Combiners, RPM's & more (1044791)
Posted by First Gen on February 6th, 2010 @ 11:58pm CST
Counterpunch wrote:
First Gen wrote:I also don't think you could do a gestalt with a Voyager leader and deluxe limbs, maybe and Ultra leader with deluxe limbs but thats a pretty big gestalt and at an average 13 bucks per deluxe and 25 bucks for an ultra, your talking some pricey figures.


G1 Predaking.

(had to say it)



Yeah but Predaking was really bulky and almost look as all the Predacons were the same size. On the other hand it is a most awesome gestalt, but I don't think with todays style of TF engineering, that it could work.

Then again, I'd rather have that then another Superlink Prime. :grin:
Re: News from Toy Fair 2010 Nuremberg, Germany - Power Core Combiners, RPM's & more (1044802)
Posted by Valandar on February 7th, 2010 @ 12:30am CST
We're getting Combaticons...
We're getting Aerialbots...

BUT ARE WE GETTING STUNTICONS!!!!! :P
Re: News from Toy Fair 2010 Nuremberg, Germany - Power Core Combiners, RPM's & more (1044849)
Posted by Trikeboy on February 7th, 2010 @ 5:16am CST
Man, I love Transformers fans. Hasbro are giving us affordable G1 inspired combiners and people are complaining about size. Bigger robots = higher sale price. From the shot of Bruticus we had earlier, they look to be highly detailed and a closer interpretation of the characters than the Energon combiners. I cant wait to see them and look forward to having them in my collection. Now that two of the Scramble City teams have been confirmed, I hold out hope for the Protectobots and the Stunticons.
Re: News from Toy Fair 2010 Nuremberg, Germany - Power Core Combiners, RPM's & more (1044869)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 7th, 2010 @ 6:40am CST
Philister wrote:Sorry, taking pics is strictly VERBOTEN at the Nuremberg toy fair. People have been thrown out the building for that. I've seen it happen. But I guess we'll have all the pics we need in a week or so when the US Toy Fair comes around (which makes the no-photo rule in Nuremberg all the more stupid, IMHO).

Oh I'll try to take some next year, all I need is a small enough camera which I wanted to get myself anyway.

I never know N├╝rnberg had a ToyFair with Hasbro, damn and I'm so close to that city. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: News from Toy Fair 2010 Nuremberg, Germany - Power Core Combiners, RPM's & more (1044878)
Posted by Constantine on February 7th, 2010 @ 7:19am CST
First Gen wrote:
Constantine wrote:
First Gen wrote:Power Core combiner Team "Aerialbots", consisting of a leader figure just below Deluxe size and four team members just below Scout size.


Le sigh. Such a disappointment. I mean, Aerialbots, cool and all yeah, but the sizes show that they'll be even smaller than the Energon Aerialbots and Combaticons, which frankly were too small.

I'm not going to say "why can't we get" because I know the economic reasons why not, but I'd still very much like to see a Voyager gestalt leader with full-sized Deluxe limbs (the Energon limbs, while at the Deluxe price point, were really more Scout-sized).



I dunno about you boss, but I own both the ROTF/ Energon Superion and Bruticus Maximus' and a G1 Superion. Size wise, they are fairly equal and the limbs on all of them are about "scout class" (even though G1 didn't have classes) and the leaders are about deluxe size, give or take, so its really nothing out of the ordinary.

I also don't think you could do a gestalt with a Voyager leader and deluxe limbs, maybe and Ultra leader with deluxe limbs but thats a pretty big gestalt and at an average 13 bucks per deluxe and 25 bucks for an ultra, your talking some pricey figures.

Look at ROTF Supreme Devastator, I don't know about your area, but around my parts, they're collecting dust, even after a rollback at wallyworld for 68 bucks.


Yeah, I have all the G1 gestalts too, and you're right these are roughly the same size. No disagreement there. But like Counterpunch pointed out, Predaking was one of the most awesome gestalts ever and it broke the mold in terms of limb size. That's what I'd like to see: a gestalt with larger limbs. The G1 gestalts were frankly not very good toys individually, their combining scheme really drove kids to buy them. And the same kinda holds true for today's gestalt limbs; the quality and engineering is a little better, but I wouldn't buy the Energon Aerialbots or Combaticons because I think they're decent toys in their own right.

As for the price, yes you're right there too, and that's why I mentioned it in my original comment. I know full well why we likely will never get what I'm asking for. But your reply shows that you missed the entire point of my comment. Yes, I know these new gestalts are comparable in size to the G1 gestalts. And yes, I know that pushing the gestalt limbs up to a higher price point might lead to reduced sales. But I am disappointed that it looks like this is an experiment that Hasbro will never try, because a Voyager torso with full-sized Deluxe limbs would make a really nice toy.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #211 - On The Prowl
Twincast / Podcast #211:
"On The Prowl"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 4th, 2018

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Autobot Hound Deluxe Class G1 WFC-S9 - New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Sideswipe Deluxe Class G1 WFC-S8 - New" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS - Combiner Wars - BLADES - Deluxe Class Generations NEW! SEALED!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Transformers 01 Studio Series Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "1997 Beast Wars the Transformers “MAXIMAL B’BOOM” NIB By Kenner" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beatmix Bumblebee Speaker For MP3 Players and More 2006 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Dirge Voyager Incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Corgi Hotwheels Matchbox Maisto Wiking Transformers Takada Rock Buster Taxi 25" on EBAY