Next cartoon is called "Transformers: Prime" according to actor Jeffrey Combs

Transformers News: Next cartoon is called "Transformers: Prime" according to actor Jeffrey Combs

Thursday, February 4th, 2010 10:19PM CST

Categories: Cartoon News, People News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 59,078

From the official website of actor Jeffrey Combs:

From JeffreyCombs.com:

TRANSFORMERS: PRIME

Debuting later this fall Hasbro in conjunction with Discovery Communications Inc will release a new Transformers cartoon on a new TV channel currently called Discovery Kids called Transformers: Prime.

Jeffrey Combs will be the voice of Ratchet, a very well known character in the Transformers world. There are 26 episodes scheduled for the first season. Exact details of the show are currently unavailable but will be posted here as soon as they are made available.

Jeffrey is quite thrilled with the opportunity to be cast in the role of Ratchet. He's not able to talk too much about the show this early in the production but did have this quote: "What I can say is that it is an honor and a privilege to be a part of such a prestigious project."

Jeffrey Combs is known mostly for his role in acting in the horror film genre as well as playing several alien characters in the popular Star Trek franchise. In the world of cartoons, Combs has lent his voice to Scaregrow in Batman: The Animated Series and several others. Wikipedia even notes that Combs will be playing Ratchet in Transformers: Prime.

From Wikipedia.org:

Combs will be voicing Ratchet on the new animated series, Transformers: Prime which is tentatively scheduled to begin airing in the fall of 2010 on The Hub, a new channel owned by Hasbro, Inc.

Next cartoon is called "Transformers: Prime" according to actor Jeffrey Combs

For further information about Jeffrey Combs, please visit the following links:

Wikipedia.org
IMDB.com
TV.com
JeffreyCombs.com

Keep checking back to Seibertron.com for further news and information about upcoming Transformers toys, cartoons, and comics!
Credit(s): Jeffrey Combs

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Next cartoon is called "Transformers: Prime" according to actor Jeffrey Combs (1044080)
Posted by Megazarak on February 4th, 2010 @ 10:22pm CST
Sounds cool, can't wait to see some footage. However, Prime? That's a little unoriginal when it comes to a subtitle, unless it pertains a lot to the storyline.
Re: Next cartoon is called "Transformers: Prime" according to actor Jeffrey Combs (1044082)
Posted by Mkall on February 4th, 2010 @ 10:26pm CST
I really do not see Combs playing this role. He's always struck me as a smooth, calm voice and that just isn't Ratchet to me.

However he was chosen for a reason, so I will not critisize or commend until I actually see and hear the character in action.
Re: Next cartoon is called "Transformers: Prime" according to actor Jeffrey Combs (1044083)
Posted by decepticonblitz77 on February 4th, 2010 @ 10:34pm CST
wait so its only gonna be on discovery kids?
Re: Next cartoon is called "Transformers: Prime" according to actor Jeffrey Combs (1044085)
Posted by Mkall on February 4th, 2010 @ 10:40pm CST
decepticonblitz77 wrote:wait so its only gonna be on discovery kids?

It will be called The Hub soon, but yeah, it'll be on the Hasbro/Discovery channel aimed at children
Re: Next cartoon is called "Transformers: Prime" according to actor Jeffrey Combs (1044087)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on February 4th, 2010 @ 10:41pm CST
Well that's just prime.

Ba dum bum ching!
Re: Next cartoon is called "Transformers: Prime" according to actor Jeffrey Combs (1044088)
Posted by Soldier of Shockwave on February 4th, 2010 @ 10:42pm CST
decepticonblitz77 wrote:wait so its only gonna be on discovery kids?

No, it will also be playing on YouTube and pretty much every secondary video site as well. :roll:
Re: Next cartoon is called "Transformers: Prime" according to actor Jeffrey Combs (1044090)
Posted by zenosaurus_x on February 4th, 2010 @ 10:48pm CST
Is this that thing they said was gonna be a sequel to RID?
if it is...BLEH, I hated RID, I thought it was a reshowing of G1(what was I thinking?), My mom had said the awesomeness of G1 and I couldn't wait to see it then when I saw RID.......ugh.

Here's hoping the series will be nowhere near as bad as RID was to me.
Re: Next cartoon is called "Transformers: Prime" according to actor Jeffrey Combs (1044092)
Posted by UltraPrimal on February 4th, 2010 @ 10:49pm CST
THE QUESTION! The Question is gonna play Ratchet! I am so happy!
Re: Next cartoon is called "Transformers: Prime" according to actor Jeffrey Combs (1044100)
Posted by 1337W422102 on February 4th, 2010 @ 11:10pm CST
EDIT ( #-o ): In after/during "well, that's just prime."
Re: Next cartoon is called "Transformers: Prime" according to actor Jeffrey Combs (1044103)
Posted by Nekoman on February 4th, 2010 @ 11:18pm CST
I hope the new cartoon will surprise me, but somehow I don't have very high hopes for it. Transformers Prime doesn't sound like a good name.
Re: Next cartoon is called "Transformers: Prime" according to actor Jeffrey Combs (1044105)
Posted by UltraPrimal on February 4th, 2010 @ 11:25pm CST
1337W422102 wrote:In before, "well, that's just prime."

Actually.
Sgt. Grumbles wrote:Well that's just prime.

Ba dum bum ching!

Sorry. :lol:
Re: Next cartoon is called "Transformers: Prime" according to actor Jeffrey Combs (1044109)
Posted by 1337W422102 on February 4th, 2010 @ 11:30pm CST
UltraPrimal wrote:
1337W422102 wrote:In before, "well, that's just prime."

Actually.
Sgt. Grumbles wrote:Well that's just prime.

Ba dum bum ching!

Sorry. :lol:

Wow, I suck. Serves me right for being impatient due to the page not loading and assuming no one beat me to it. Grumbles, I owe you a Coke. :P
Re: Next cartoon is called "Transformers: Prime" according to actor Jeffrey Combs (1044113)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 4th, 2010 @ 11:56pm CST
*sighs* Well, now I have to up my cable again.

I really think that's a bad move though. Cartoon Network is bad enough, but now a digital cable channel on the most expensive tier? Is Hasbro trying to guarantee no one watches it?
Re: Next cartoon is called "Transformers: Prime" according to actor Jeffrey Combs (1044114)
Posted by UltraPrimal on February 5th, 2010 @ 12:00am CST
1337W422102 wrote:
UltraPrimal wrote:
1337W422102 wrote:In before, "well, that's just prime."

Actually.
Sgt. Grumbles wrote:Well that's just prime.

Ba dum bum ching!

Sorry. :lol:

I'll hold you to that at TFCon. :lol:
Re: Next cartoon is called "Transformers: Prime" according to actor Jeffrey Combs (1044121)
Posted by emeraldbeacon on February 5th, 2010 @ 12:19am CST
Known information:
    1. This series is supposed to be called Transformers: Prime.
    2. This series is supposed to be tied to the new video game, War For Cybertron.
    3. The video game is supposed to feature the early days of Optimus' role as Prime.

Speculation:
    This new series might look into the history of those to bear the name 'Prime', perhaps even going back to the original group, whether you're talking about the seven members of the movieverse's Dynasty of Primes, or the Original Thirteen as described in the fan club's various fictions. Vector Prime, Nexus Prime, Prima, The Fallen, and more could all be depicted here...
Re: Next cartoon is called "Transformers: Prime" according to actor Jeffrey Combs (1044122)
Posted by Rodimus2006 on February 5th, 2010 @ 12:38am CST
I told you guys that the next cartoon series wasnt going to be connected to Animated such as a spin-off or 2.0.

That is why I didnt get my hopes up about it cause I knew that this new series was going to do with the past but I didnt know exactly what about the past but I did get it right saying it was about the past.

So that means the title Prime could show us How Optimus Prime became a Prime thus being in the beginning of time at the possible early stages of the Great War on Cybertron at the end of the Golden Age of Cybertron.

Or it could be about the origins of the Primes or something to do with the Dynasty of the Primes and the original 13 Transformers during that time period.

But it looks to me that this new series will be on Cybertron also or some missions in Space dosent look like this series will be on Earth if it will it may just be cameo appearances or just a refrence to Generation 1 or such.

However little is known but at least We got somewhat of a General Idea what to expect of the new series but the name of the series is a little Blah to me it isnt unique like previous series.

But I dont care as long we have an awesome plot, good characters and some kick-ass battles in it.

What I am curious about is what is this new show going to look like what art style will they be taking this show.

Will it be done sort of Beast Wars way in Tech style or will it be made such as Cybertron was or will they stick with the Cartoony look of Animated.

Looks like this will be 26 episodes for season 1 such as Animated was with 26 episodes I just hope if Prime is a good series it will last longer than 3 seasons as with Animated.

Also I hope Shout gets the ok with the re-releases of the Japanese sets such as Victory and those but I lost all hope of every seeing R.I.D. on dvd there must be something really wrong for them not to put this on dvd for some reason like on my SeaQuest 2032 Season 3 dvd set which also has never seen the light of day and probably never will.

I say more will be revealed at Botcon about Prime and maybe some teaser footage like they done with Animated cause it debuted also at Botcon one year.
Re: Next cartoon is called "Transformers: Prime" according to actor Jeffrey Combs (1044124)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on February 5th, 2010 @ 1:10am CST
Re: Next cartoon is called "Transformers: Prime" according to actor Jeffrey Combs (1044125)
Posted by Street-Convoy S0S on February 5th, 2010 @ 1:23am CST
i got a bad feeling this is gonna be a kid-friendly show, like marvel super hero squad cartoon (the game is fun, but not the cartoon... also a good example is the new batman cartoon "the brave and the bold".. oh man there goes our awesome, cool, action, adventurer, violent, kick ass, cartoon/anime shows... there are somethings that should be left alone.
Re: Next cartoon is called "Transformers: Prime" according to actor Jeffrey Combs (1044137)
Posted by Seibertron on February 5th, 2010 @ 2:56am CST
Megatron Wolf wrote:As soon as i read he was in star treak i knew who he was. Id also like to add please no humans in the new cartoon. All they do is ruin the show.

Humans give purpose to the underlying theme of the Transformers: "robots in disguise".

They already did a Transformers cartoon with no humans: Beast Machines.
Re: Next cartoon is called "Transformers: Prime" according to actor Jeffrey Combs (1044142)
Posted by Ultra Markus on February 5th, 2010 @ 3:49am CST
Really this guy? I know what he has done: the question, and did some star trek characters,
so I have a hard time picturing this guy voicing ratchet he doesn't sound like a ratchet
but maybe he will alter is voice for the show or something.

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #209 - Under Siege
"Under Siege"
Posted: Sunday, October 7th, 2018

Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Novastar Firestar combiner" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations JUNKHEAP Junkion Wreck-Gar mold NEW SEALED Junkions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Planet of Junk Clash Platinum Hod Rod Wreck Gar Scrapheap Figures!!" on EBAY
Buy "Marissa Faireborn Afterbreaker figure lot Transformers GI Joe, NO FIGURE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on EBAY
Buy "NOVASTAR Transformers Power of the Primes Generations Deluxe 2018 NEW" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2018 HASBRO TRANSFORMERS TCG BOOSTER PACK CLIFFJUMPER SLIPSTREAM EXCLUSIVE" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus E0904" on EBAY