Transformers News: Next Release in Takara Transformers Encore Line to be Air Attack Optimus Primal for 20,000 Yen

Friday, June 1st, 2018 11:55pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 15,548

We got some new listings for what Takara will release in November 2018. Most are their continued release of the Power of the Primes figures Hasbro is also releasing and include Megatronus, Outback, Cindersaur and Rodimus Unicronus. Those listings can all be discussed in the Power of the Primes thread.

The final listing though shows us what is next for the Transformers Encore line. We have our second non G1 Encore figure and it's another Convoy; Returns Convoy. Now Beast Wars Returns is the name of Beast Machines in Japan and Optimus Primal was also referred to as Convoy in that series so this would be a rerelease of Air Attack Optimus Primal. This is the giant Beast Machines Primal figure that was actually released under the Robots in Disuise line in the US. Takara never made their own release with their own sound effects, instead the very same toy the west got was released in Japan as a Toysrus exclusive USA edition, unchanged.

This would be the first time Takara releases this toy as their own product with their own packaging and all and probably with their own sound effects too. The price is quite high though with a retail amount of 20,000 yen which is about $185 USD today.

Transformers Beast Machines Air Attack Optimus Primal (Beast Convoy) Gallery

Credit(s): Loopaza Megastore

Re: Next Release in Takara Transformers Encore Line to be Air Attack Optimus Primal for 20,000 Yen (1962670)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 2nd, 2018 @ 12:34am CDT
Any second chance to get this toy in show-accurate colors, and without any GPS issues, is great in my book. ;)^
Re: Next Release in Takara Transformers Encore Line to be Air Attack Optimus Primal for 20,000 Yen (1962679)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 2nd, 2018 @ 3:31am CDT

/:)
:shock:

Shajaki! NO! BAD! You put that money back in your wallet RIGHT NOW! :-$
Re: Next Release in Takara Transformers Encore Line to be Air Attack Optimus Primal for 20,000 Yen (1962684)
Posted by noctorro on June 2nd, 2018 @ 5:03am CDT
Did anyone like that mold to begin with? And as said, it's available. Even in The Netherlands some import shops still have him.

Why not Platinum, oh I don't know. All of the European exclusives?
Energon Optimus Prime in G1 colors.
I can make a list.
Re: Next Release in Takara Transformers Encore Line to be Air Attack Optimus Primal for 20,000 Yen (1962685)
Posted by fenrir72 on June 2nd, 2018 @ 5:04am CDT
Let's hope the project manager leading the team learns from the mistake of the Encore GodFireConvoy fiasco!
Re: Next Release in Takara Transformers Encore Line to be Air Attack Optimus Primal for 20,000 Yen (1962687)
Posted by Omega-Doom on June 2nd, 2018 @ 5:17am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:WHO will buy that Air Attack at that price, though? Because the original is aplenty available for a reasonable price and that "G1 Optimus colors" Platinum is still shelfwarming at clearance prices. Who outside of Japan would bother, especially for 200$US +? #-o

/:)
:shock:

Shajaki! NO! BAD! You put that money back in your wallet RIGHT NOW! :-$

Re: Next Release in Takara Transformers Encore Line to be Air Attack Optimus Primal for 20,000 Yen (1962688)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 2nd, 2018 @ 5:35am CDT
Omega-Doom wrote:I'm buying this figure if it has a show accurate color scheme and ditches the gold plastic, my original one is breaking in the GPS spots and I would like one that doesn't have this issue. Price doesn't matter as I don't need to pay for bills (perks of being a Teenager and having a decent job.)

In that case, it would be a "special edition" like the Platinum. However, it clearly state a REISSUE here. Meaning the exact same thing. Maybe at least with the (possible) GPS fixed. But that's it. Expect the same colors.
Re: Next Release in Takara Transformers Encore Line to be Air Attack Optimus Primal for 20,000 Yen (1962691)
Posted by Emerje on June 2nd, 2018 @ 6:28am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

God Fire Convoy was also a Encore reissue, but was entirely repainted to be show accurate so it isn't unheard of. Heck, that wasn't even the first, Encore 20A was Devastator in anime (hence the "A") colors and a new Devy head and Encore 10 featured a Bumblebee with a new cartoon head. Like GFC this is probably another case of them trying to give us the closest thing they can to an MP without actually having to make one.

But I'm not too crazy about this news, It just isn't a $200 figure for me. I'd rather have Blast Punch Primal in cartoon colors instead since he's more in scale with most of the BM figures and the sculpt is more cartoon accurate. Shame about the elbows.

Emerje
Re: Next Release in Takara Transformers Encore Line to be Air Attack Optimus Primal for 20,000 Yen (1962713)
Posted by shajaki on June 2nd, 2018 @ 11:12am CDT
Re: Next Release in Takara Transformers Encore Line to be Air Attack Optimus Primal for 20,000 Yen (1962717)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 2nd, 2018 @ 11:54am CDT
shajaki wrote:Beat you to it WJ:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=111316#p1962620

Threads should be merged.

Also, would you, Shaj?
Re: Next Release in Takara Transformers Encore Line to be Air Attack Optimus Primal for 20,000 Yen (1962722)
Posted by shajaki on June 2nd, 2018 @ 12:28pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Who outside of Japan would bother, especially for 200$US +? #-o

/:)
:shock:

Shajaki! NO! BAD! You put that money back in your wallet RIGHT NOW! :-$
I would, if it got a painfully accurate paint job. But anything other than that, I'm out [-(
Re: Next Release in Takara Transformers Encore Line to be Air Attack Optimus Primal for 20,000 Yen (1962729)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 2nd, 2018 @ 3:33pm CDT
Shaj, I thought will was asking if you would buy it...
Re: Next Release in Takara Transformers Encore Line to be Air Attack Optimus Primal for 20,000 Yen (1962730)
Posted by shajaki on June 2nd, 2018 @ 3:44pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Shaj, I thought will was asking if you would buy it...
Fixed ;)^
Re: Next Release in Takara Transformers Encore Line to be Air Attack Optimus Primal for 20,000 Yen (1962752)
Posted by ausbot on June 2nd, 2018 @ 7:31pm CDT
Who wants this? Here's an idea for Encore, Metrotitan, G1 Overlord, or other hard to find Japanese G1 transformers.
Re: Next Release in Takara Transformers Encore Line to be Air Attack Optimus Primal for 20,000 Yen (1962753)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 2nd, 2018 @ 7:33pm CDT
ausbot wrote:Who wants this?
Me.

But not for that price.
Re: Next Release in Takara Transformers Encore Line to be Air Attack Optimus Primal for 20,000 Yen (1962764)
Posted by Ultra Markus on June 2nd, 2018 @ 9:14pm CDT
Re: Next Release in Takara Transformers Encore Line to be Air Attack Optimus Primal for 20,000 Yen (1962768)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 2nd, 2018 @ 9:49pm CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:I wished I got it back in the day when I saw it at toys r us for 60 but now that I think about it the GPS issue makes me almost glad I didn't but I still wish I had it

You can find the Optimus colored Platinum Edition on clearance about everywhere. That way, you enjoy the mold without having to pay too much for something that may break.

I do have it and I like it better than the original for reasons. :HEADHURTS:
Re: Next Release in Takara Transformers Encore Line to be Air Attack Optimus Primal for 20,000 Yen (1962769)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 2nd, 2018 @ 9:51pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

What if one wants the toy in show colors?
Re: Next Release in Takara Transformers Encore Line to be Air Attack Optimus Primal for 20,000 Yen (1962779)
Posted by Ultra Markus on June 2nd, 2018 @ 11:28pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

What if one wants the toy in show colors?
so while i got a little interested in looking at the red and blue one and half tempted to buy that one for under 50 i also found this
https://www.mudah.my/Black+Optimus+Prim ... 757264.htm
Re: Next Release in Takara Transformers Encore Line to be Air Attack Optimus Primal for 20,000 Yen (1962792)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 3rd, 2018 @ 1:39am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

What if one wants the toy in show colors?

Get the not rare at all original. The GPS issues are pretty light and fixable.

That black one is (I guess) a pure KO. But it can brag to be at least of an original color. So one can take his chances to test it's quality.
Re: Next Release in Takara Transformers Encore Line to be Air Attack Optimus Primal for 20,000 Yen (1962794)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 3rd, 2018 @ 3:33am CDT
A black themed one would be pretty nifty, depending on what colours were used in addition.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #245 - On a Boat
"On a Boat"
Posted: Saturday, April 4th, 2020

Buy "G.I. JOE and the Transformers ACTION FIGURE 2015 Marissa Faireborn MIP" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers DOTM HA Backfire with Spike MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Berserker Sixwing! White Micromaster Combiner 2003 Takara Chase Set" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2017 The Last Knight Premium Series Deluxe Decepticon Berserker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 1984 Insecticon Bombshell complete nice shape G1 80's toys    513" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Siege War for Cybertron Deluxe Class, Ratchet  (Exclusive)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight TLK Toys R Us TRU Infernocus & Quintessa 100% Comp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation Power of the Primes POTP Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat MOSC" on EBAY