Next Takara Masterpiece MP-11 Revealed As Starscream

Transformers News: Next Takara Masterpiece MP-11 Revealed As Starscream

Wednesday, October 19th, 2011 11:45pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 44,932

Japanese online toy store - Hobby Search has listed the new preorder page for Takara Tomy upcoming Masterpiece MP-11 Starscream.

No photo is available at the moment. The release date is stated as March 2012.
The figure is comes with the following accessories:

Starscream × 1 unit
Crown (Crown) × 1
Shoulder Armor × 2
Cape (Cape) × 1
Blaster × 2
Pilot hologram × 1
× 1 Instruction Manual

Description of the figure from the listing:

- And become the ultimate pinnacle of the Transformers series [Master] is a new star
Version appeared in Scream throne.
- Come and attend to reproduce the complete destruction of the coronation as emperor `s new` change to Megatron Destron
Add new molding / shoulder armor / cape crown as possible.
- Detail up to reproduce the appearance of the TV anime itself more Starscream.
- F-15 fighter jets can be transformed into Eagle, the cockpit is a pilot on board came with a hologram
Has become possible.

Stay tuned to Seibertron, Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): Hobby Search

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Next Takara Masterpiece MP-11 Revealed As Starscream (1302911)
Posted by dinogeist on October 19th, 2011 @ 11:48pm CDT
cool,sign me up,i'll pre-order on from BBTS.com when pre-orders open.

I'm impressed with Takara,it looks like the trend of getting 2 new mold MP TF toys per year is in full swing.
Re: Next Takara Masterpiece MP-11 Revealed As Starscream (1302912)
Posted by Chaingun on October 19th, 2011 @ 11:49pm CDT
I would rather have an MP of a character they haven't done one of yet. Kind of getting the feeling that they're just going to keep doing minor tweaks to the same 5 characters and just run in circles with the MPs.
Re: Next Takara Masterpiece MP-11 Revealed As Starscream (1302913)
Posted by RodimalToyota on October 19th, 2011 @ 11:49pm CDT
Sounds like a win, cartoon coloring with Takara's attention to detail.
Hopefully it's got some new molds, or at the least fixed hip kibble.
Re: Next Takara Masterpiece MP-11 Revealed As Starscream (1302915)
Posted by skooba81 on October 19th, 2011 @ 11:58pm CDT
Really disappointed in this news...was really hoping for something we haven't seen yet..like Soundwave, Shockwave, Galvatron or Ultra Magnus with his trailer...this will probably be the first MP that I won't pre-order...ah well there is always hope for MP-12...
Re: Next Takara Masterpiece MP-11 Revealed As Starscream (1302916)
Posted by dabattousai on October 20th, 2011 @ 12:04am CDT
Lame...maybe. Will have to see how they have this one turn out. But I swear if MP-12 is a retool of Grimlock with Cartoon Accurate Height... :BOOM:
Re: Next Takara Masterpiece MP-11 Revealed As Starscream (1302919)
Posted by ObiTom23 on October 20th, 2011 @ 12:16am CDT
Anybody else find the "Engrish" in this article really difficult to read? Either way, seems like a definite upgrade to the original MP Starscream.
Re: Next Takara Masterpiece MP-11 Revealed As Starscream (1302921)
Posted by Rated X on October 20th, 2011 @ 12:28am CDT

The real question is will Takara fire back at I-gear and use the fuselage/leg modification ???

Or will they stay with the crappy hip kibble ???
Re: Next Takara Masterpiece MP-11 Revealed As Starscream (1302922)
Posted by El Duque on October 20th, 2011 @ 12:31am CDT
Re: Next Takara Masterpiece MP-11 Revealed As Starscream (1302923)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on October 20th, 2011 @ 12:37am CDT
El Duque wrote:What a surprise, now we just need the inevitable MP-11 repaints out of the way, Megatron version 2.0, and maybe we can start getting some new characters. I'd throw Grimlock version 2.0 in there to, but I feel like Takara did an unofficial reboot of the MP line with the last Grimlock.

Agreed. Although I'd like to see new characters I think there is potential here. Make Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker as well as a 2.0 Megatron and Ultra Magnus and I'll be happy.

Grimlock is perfect as far as I'm concerned.

Now bring on some new characters! Soundwave, Shockwave, Galvatron on the 'cons side would be nice. Most of the 'bots have been covered in the Binaltech/alt line. A new Ironhide would be cool.
Re: Next Takara Masterpiece MP-11 Revealed As Starscream (1302924)
Posted by ShadowGinrai on October 20th, 2011 @ 12:40am CDT
HHHMMM... maybe, the first masterpiece starscream I had broke due to a molding issue, before I was good at shaving excess plastic. IF it is UNDER $150 an has less kibble I might pick this up :CON:
Re: Next Takara Masterpiece MP-11 Revealed As Starscream (1302928)
Posted by waaaaghlord on October 20th, 2011 @ 1:15am CDT
I've already got the Hasbro Starscream and 3rd party coronation set. The deciders on this version will be the kibble and whether we're getting the rest of the Seekers with matching decos and no assembly errors. At this stage though it looks as though the igear option is winning out, which is kind of a shame, but they're putting out what I want at what will certainly prove to be a better price point. I will wait for pictures before making a final decision but Takara really need to impress me to get my money on this one.
Re: Next Takara Masterpiece MP-11 Revealed As Starscream (1302931)
Posted by Blurrz on October 20th, 2011 @ 1:36am CDT
Stop it, Starscream's nipples are sore from all the milking!

Haha, this will be fun with the F-15 and all.
Re: Next Takara Masterpiece MP-11 Revealed As Starscream (1302933)
Posted by robofreak on October 20th, 2011 @ 1:42am CDT
Blurrz wrote:Stop it, Starscream's nipples are sore from all the milking!

Haha, this will be fun with the F-15 and all.

If we could get the fandom to unite and not buy an MP of a figure that we already have a MP of, we might get different characters.

After this, my vote goes for MP Erector.
Re: Next Takara Masterpiece MP-11 Revealed As Starscream (1302934)
Posted by ObiTom23 on October 20th, 2011 @ 1:48am CDT
Rated X wrote:I got the Hasbro version and I honestly dont see anything Takara can do to improve it paint wise. Maybe thats why they are throwing in the coronation set as a bonus.

Or will they stay with the crappy hip kibble ???

@Rated X - What I meant was, according to the rumours I've read they have indeed corrected the hip kibble. If they do for Starscream what they did for Optimus, it will be worth it.
Re: Next Takara Masterpiece MP-11 Revealed As Starscream (1302940)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on October 20th, 2011 @ 2:32am CDT
I can honestly say im not surprised. sad and a bit dissapointed yes, but surprised no. dont get me wrong, I love me some screamer. and would totaly love a better mp screamer, even though I love the current one. but he is the seond most over used mold right after the origional mp prime.

I was hopeing mostly for a galvatron to face off against my roddy.
Re: Next Takara Masterpiece MP-11 Revealed As Starscream (1302941)
Posted by Screamfleet on October 20th, 2011 @ 2:38am CDT
Well...good get it out of the way I guess. If they feel they need to redo it, might as well get to it and move on. I hope they get to new characters and such next time.
Re: Next Takara Masterpiece MP-11 Revealed As Starscream (1302950)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 20th, 2011 @ 4:15am CDT
I'm a #1 Starscream fan. I have both the Hasbro version and the Ghost version. I wonder what more can they add? The vehicle mode is just PERFECT and the robot mode is too. Well, beside fixing the obvious hip kibbles (which I did enyway by just popping them out of the ball joint and attaching them to the lower-legs). I could just pick him up if it don't come out with a rape price.

I can't wait to see the actual pictures.
Re: Next Takara Masterpiece MP-11 Revealed As Starscream (1302956)
Posted by Mykltron on October 20th, 2011 @ 5:24am CDT
Why aren't they listening to the fans? These are so expensive they're clearly aimed at adults and we want new characters. We also want to be able to understand the text about the figure.
Re: Next Takara Masterpiece MP-11 Revealed As Starscream (1302957)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on October 20th, 2011 @ 5:24am CDT
Wow, disappointing. The only thing I can think of that would be on the plus side of this is if Takara uses this new mold to make all 6 Seekers, plus Sunstorm. I'd buy a MP Sunstorm in a heartbeat.
Re: Next Takara Masterpiece MP-11 Revealed As Starscream (1302960)
Posted by TCWJoe on October 20th, 2011 @ 5:43am CDT
HASTAK,

Deco the hologram/pilot as Cobra Commander or his "old Snake" alias if you don't want to contaminate the toy lines. That might make it somewhat interesting rather than a generic dude in there.

-Joe

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #241 - Toy Fair 2020
"Toy Fair 2020"
Posted: Monday, February 24th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Knockout with Energon Driller! 100% Complete!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool HEROES Transformers Rescue Bots (SERVO) Action Figure In Hand VHTF" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee Rescue Guard New" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2012 Destro Exclusive G.I. Joe Transformers Crossover File Card" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Slamdance Grandslam & Raindance Cassettes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe AUTOBOT HOUND Generations -  New In Pakg . 25 Yrs. Anni." on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Rescue Bots Walker Cleveland & Jackhammer - Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Rescue Bots - Cody Burns & Rescue Axe Playskool Heroes HTF" on EBAY