No misinformation on this: Spielberg picked Lucas for role

No misinformation on this: Spielberg picked Lucas for role

Thursday, May 8th, 2008 5:40pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, People News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 17,505

As previously reported here, Isabel Lucas has been added to the cast of Transformers 2. But with all the misinformation going around, no one can be certain of anything regarding the movie. That is until now.

A report has just come in from The Cairns Post, an Australian news outlet, that Isabel Lucas was picked by Steven Spielberg (Producer of Transformers and Transformers 2) for the upcoming sequel to the blockbuster hit.

The report states that Spielberg initially saw the Australian actress working on the war epic "The Pacific" and was so impressed by her role that he pushed for her to get a role in Transformers 2.

A spokesperson for Lucas's agent Meissner Management stated that she will most likely be cast in a 'strong supporting role'.

To view the complete article, go to Cairns.com.

Credit(s): Burn

This article was last modified on Thursday, May 8th, 2008 10:32pm CDT

Re: No misinformation on this: Spielberg picked Lucas for role (696650)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on May 8th, 2008 @ 6:28pm CDT
She's very pretty.
Re: No misinformation on this: Spielberg picked Lucas for role (696653)
Posted by Omega Charge on May 8th, 2008 @ 6:30pm CDT
She makes up for Rachel Taylor.
Re: No misinformation on this: Spielberg picked Lucas for role (696657)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on May 8th, 2008 @ 6:37pm CDT
Omega Charge wrote:She makes up for Rachel Taylor.

Will she be a new character or the same one?
Re: No misinformation on this: Spielberg picked Lucas for role (696659)
Posted by Omega Charge on May 8th, 2008 @ 6:39pm CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:
Omega Charge wrote:She makes up for Rachel Taylor.

Will she be a new character or the same one?

I don't know who Lucas will play, or whether Taylor's character will return. But it's an interesting thought.
Re: No misinformation on this: Spielberg picked Lucas for role (696660)
Posted by Zeds on May 8th, 2008 @ 6:41pm CDT
Hot damn. She would make a blind man see :shock:
Re: No misinformation on this: Spielberg picked Lucas for role (696675)
Posted by Autobot Snake Eyes on May 8th, 2008 @ 6:52pm CDT
Omega Charge wrote:
NuclearConvoy wrote:
Omega Charge wrote:She makes up for Rachel Taylor.

Will she be a new character or the same one?

And man, she is pretty good-looking.
Re: No misinformation on this: Spielberg picked Lucas for role (696701)
Posted by Roadbuster on May 8th, 2008 @ 7:13pm CDT
For the sake of continuing tradition of hot girls in TF movies...

"I'd like to give her a strong supporting role!" :grin:

As for ehr role, who knows? She could be the new maggie, or she could be part of a love triangle for Sam. Afterall, getting into awkward situations is something he's good at.
Re: No misinformation on this: Spielberg picked Lucas for role (696708)
Posted by First Gen on May 8th, 2008 @ 7:25pm CDT
Every single woman i've seen that is Australian by birth has been amazingly gorgeous. I would move down under if I had the money too. :grin:
Re: No misinformation on this: Spielberg picked Lucas for role (696729)
Posted by 1337W422102 on May 8th, 2008 @ 7:54pm CDT
I'd like to be her "strong supporting role" if you know what I mean.
EDIT: Smeg, Roads beat me to it.
Re: No misinformation on this: Spielberg picked Lucas for role (696749)
Posted by Shadowman on May 8th, 2008 @ 8:17pm CDT
How nerdy am I that all my thoughts keep going back to George Lucas? When you say Spielberg and Lucas in the same sentence, I usually think of George.

Back on topic: Damn you, Australia! Why do you get all the hot blondes?!
Re: No misinformation on this: Spielberg picked Lucas for role (696757)
Posted by 1337W422102 on May 8th, 2008 @ 8:26pm CDT
Shadowman wrote:When you say Spielberg and Lucas in the same sentence, I usually think of George.

I thought the exact same thing.
Re: No misinformation on this: Spielberg picked Lucas for role (696849)
Posted by Whisper on May 8th, 2008 @ 10:26pm CDT
Interesting.

I feel sorry for you Yanks, but most of us Brits have already had the pleasure of this young lady on our screens for many years now, courtesy of the Aussie programme "Home and Away"... :P
Re: No misinformation on this: Spielberg picked Lucas for role (696866)
Posted by Burn on May 8th, 2008 @ 10:51pm CDT
"Pleasure"? "Courtesy"? "Home and Away"? Something's not right with you Whisper. :P
Re: No misinformation on this: Spielberg picked Lucas for role (696911)
Posted by Shadowman on May 9th, 2008 @ 12:31am CDT
Whisper wrote:Interesting.

You take Stanley Kubrick from us, and now you gloat about this?! That's it! I'm starting the American Revolution back up! Meet me in Boston, it won't be right if I don't throw all your tea into the ocean.

:P
Re: No misinformation on this: Spielberg picked Lucas for role (697004)
Posted by Deathsanras on May 9th, 2008 @ 5:57am CDT
Satan's Camaro wrote:It would, She does look sorta similar, she just needs to get the British accent down to fool people.
And man, she is pretty good-looking.

Rachael Taylor and Isabel Lucas are both Australian. Rachael's accent in Transformers was Australian, not British.
Re: No misinformation on this: Spielberg picked Lucas for role (697054)
Posted by First-Aid on May 9th, 2008 @ 9:17am CDT
I know Bay has been gloating about a "surprise Character" in the movie...this young hottie would be perfect for....CARLY.

Yeah I know...dream on... :? :-?
Re: No misinformation on this: Spielberg picked Lucas for role (697070)
Posted by Rushie on May 9th, 2008 @ 9:48am CDT
Isn't Mikaela the modern update of Carly? Like Sam is the new Spike.

I honestly can't imagine them introducing another love interest for Sam and making a complicated human storyline. This isn't Spider-Man 3!
The meatbags are introduced, now move away for the big bots.
Re: No misinformation on this: Spielberg picked Lucas for role (697193)
Posted by DMSL on May 9th, 2008 @ 1:49pm CDT
Hope she isn't replacing any of the characters from the first movie. That is is any of those will be back. Maybe she will just be a new addition. Reall don't like to see recasts in a series. Megan Fox should defo be in it, she's amazingly hot in the TF movie.
Re: No misinformation on this: Spielberg picked Lucas for role (697236)
Posted by estrelliaes on May 9th, 2008 @ 3:11pm CDT
I am a straight woman but I think she is attractive.

She used to play Natascha in Home And Away.

The relief I felt when I saw it was Isabel Lucas not George Lucas was huge.

The worst thoughts went through my head when I thought it was George Lucas. The man is a idiot.

I hope she gets a good part.

If it is the truth that is.
Re: No misinformation on this: Spielberg picked Lucas for role (697278)
Posted by Shadowman on May 9th, 2008 @ 4:32pm CDT
estrelliaes wrote:The worst thoughts went through my head when I thought it was George Lucas. The man is a idiot who has made more money than God in six extremely respected movies.

Fixed. :wink:

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Legion Class Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Grimlock Turbo Changer (2016) Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Super 7 Transformers Reaction 2020 Target Exclusive Gold Armor Bumblebee Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Jetfire Hasbro War for Cybertron Commander Class WFC S28 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege WFC-S63 Soundblaster 35th Anniversary NEW!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots In Disguise Voyager Class Autobot Bulkhead NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots BLURR. 2015 NIP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Mini-Con Blizzard Strike Slipstream Figure" on EBAY