No Rachel Taylor for Transformers 2?

No Rachel Taylor for Transformers 2?

Tuesday, February 26th, 2008 6:39pm CST

Categories: Movie Related News, People News, Interviews
Posted by: Raymond T.   Views: 27,144

Rachel Taylor, the actress who portrayed Maggie Madsen in Michaels Bay's Transformers, was present last week at WonderCon 2008 in San Francisco. The Movie Reporter was also there and had a short video interview with the Blonde, Australian actress. When asked if you would return for the second movie, her response was an unsure "I doubt it".

Credit(s): www.iesb.net

Re: No Rachel Taylor for Transformers 2? (642178)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on February 26th, 2008 @ 6:43pm CST

I'd trade any day!
Re: No Rachel Taylor for Transformers 2? (642179)
Posted by First-Aid on February 26th, 2008 @ 6:44pm CST
That's one less stupid human...! Granted she was pretty hot, but still, good riddance.
Re: No Rachel Taylor for Transformers 2? (642186)
Posted by Omega Charge on February 26th, 2008 @ 6:52pm CST
Big deal, it just means her character won't be needed anymore. There'll be other humans, or even better, more robot!
Re: No Rachel Taylor for Transformers 2? (642195)
Posted by Tigertrack on February 26th, 2008 @ 7:02pm CST
Hard to say from the brief quote, but is she bitter? It just sounds like it.

I enjoyed her in the movie, but I am sure there are others who will want to fill a similar role if there is need of one.
Re: No Rachel Taylor for Transformers 2? (642244)
Posted by Raymond T. on February 26th, 2008 @ 7:58pm CST
tigertracks 24 wrote:Hard to say from the brief quote, but is she bitter? It just sounds like it.

Watch the clip! She doesn't seem to be bitter. She just doesn't expect to be asked again.
Re: No Rachel Taylor for Transformers 2? (642246)
Posted by D-340 on February 26th, 2008 @ 7:59pm CST
Good. Her character was about as useless as the stupid half a subplot she was involved in anyway.
Re: No Rachel Taylor for Transformers 2? (642252)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on February 26th, 2008 @ 8:06pm CST
That sucks. I liked her better than Fox. I would say "good one less fleshbag in the way" right about now but you know that there will be a human (or two) to fill in.
Re: No Rachel Taylor for Transformers 2? (642257)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 26th, 2008 @ 8:11pm CST
"No Rachel Taylor for Transformers 2?"

The better question is "Why do we need her?"

The answer is that we don't.

I actually liked the humans in the film, I really did. I just don't see them being important enough for anything more than a one-shot.

Although Lennox and his crew could come back. They were great, and with Las Vegas being canceled, it's not like Duhamel has any excuses to back out.

YOU SUCK NBC! YOU SUCK! *shakes fist angrily*
Re: No Rachel Taylor for Transformers 2? (642265)
Posted by Nightracer GT on February 26th, 2008 @ 8:19pm CST
Liege Evilmus wrote:This sucks, she was way more important than Megan Fox, more likable, and all the way around hotter too!

I'd trade any day!

No way.

The main character needs his love interest.

Maggie was not important to the plot because the audience already knew the signal was from the Decepticons.

The whole hacker subplot was tacked on, boring, unimportant, and the source of all the most annoying humor in the movie.

Besides, this is the sequel, we need new subplots with new characters.

How about a human subplot that actually has something to do with our species' relationship to the transformers? Just a thought.

Good riddance Maggie. Hopefully this means good riddance Glenn too.
Re: No Rachel Taylor for Transformers 2? (642271)
Posted by Raven Guard on February 26th, 2008 @ 8:27pm CST
Yes.Thank god! She just ate up time in the movie and was useless like her pal who was playing DDR.If you cut her out of the movie you would not lose a thing.I don't now what Bay was thinking when he put that subplot.
Re: No Rachel Taylor for Transformers 2? (642273)
Posted by Blurrz on February 26th, 2008 @ 8:31pm CST
Good. As if her character was important.
Re: No Rachel Taylor for Transformers 2? (642285)
Posted by Bouncy X on February 26th, 2008 @ 8:43pm CST
well she had a pretty small part all told....and since they now know that signal is from the decepticons, what would she even do? i mean i think the last time we see her is in the helicopter with shia and megan...does she even do anything beyond that scene? lol

the only humans i'd expect to see again are shia, megan and possibly his parents. maybe some of the military people like josh and tyson but it depends what the story is.
Re: No Rachel Taylor for Transformers 2? (642294)
Posted by 1337W422102 on February 26th, 2008 @ 8:56pm CST
I know that I usually reformulate some text from the News story/take it out of context and turn it into something suggestive/offencive whenever there's a Rachel Taylor story, but this one is tricky. I'll do my best, Ray!

"I'd like to present her at WonderCon, if you know what I mean."
Damn, that sucks.
"I'd like to have a short interview with her, if you know what I mean."
Still sucks, but marginally better. I'll try harder next time...
Re: No Rachel Taylor for Transformers 2? (642299)
Posted by Skowl on February 26th, 2008 @ 9:00pm CST
Oh well, more room for robots.
Re: No Rachel Taylor for Transformers 2? (642305)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 26th, 2008 @ 9:04pm CST
Skowl wrote:Oh well, more room for robots.

NOT.
Re: No Rachel Taylor for Transformers 2? (642319)
Posted by Keeperofthespark on February 26th, 2008 @ 9:22pm CST
I didn't see her character ever returning so perosnally I knew a peice of news like this was comin'.
Re: No Rachel Taylor for Transformers 2? (642322)
Posted by Autobot Jazz on February 26th, 2008 @ 9:26pm CST
Not too happy to hear this, but I'll live with it, and if it means more screen time for the TF's, then I'm all for it.
Re: No Rachel Taylor for Transformers 2? (642335)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on February 26th, 2008 @ 9:43pm CST
Dark Zarak wrote:

I'd trade any day!

No way.

The main character needs his love interest.

Besides, this is the sequel, we need new subplots with new characters.

Good riddance Maggie. Hopefully this means good riddance Glenn too.

Realy, I thought the goverment getting the run around chasing clues to the Decepticons advancing was much more intresting than some chicks juvie record that had absolutly nothing to do with a god dam thing.

As for someone who could delve into the similarities of a technological lifeform in relation to a humans, well I'd think someone with a understanding of advanced technologies would be better suited for a return than a girl who knows about engines.

Also, I think her and Anthoiny Andersons jokes where way funnier than Sam in his bed room, but realy I liked all the joke scenes so I'm not gonna get to involved with this.

Still if I had to pick which humand would reapear, it would be her and Anthony Anderson, they just seem more likely to have a continued interaction in this field.

Screw these guys, I love ya Maggie :D
Re: No Rachel Taylor for Transformers 2? (642336)
Posted by Roadbuster on February 26th, 2008 @ 9:44pm CST
other than Sam, Mikela, and the parents, the only ones I can see coming back are:

Lennox and Epps: Given there's a new threat and their team and the Sector 7 guys with them are the only ones with the real experience in the military to deal with the Decepticons, I can't see why they wouldn't reappear. Of course, they'd be the ones trying to figure out how to get past any newer defences the Decepticons have to protect against the Sabo Rounds.

Sec Def Keller: I would imagine gov't involvement would be a necessary B Story. Keller, or his successor, will show.

Simmons: Because we all want to see where he ended up (probably working security at a mall.) His roll would be considerbaly smaller than before.

Trent: Okay, yeah the guy's a jerk, and he lost the girl because of it, but I want to see Sam 1-up him and maybe Bumblebee secretly dent Trent's truck with his door when not looking. And like most egotistical jocks, Trent would think Sam's not good enough for Mikela. Of course his role would be no bigger than before.

Miles: Okay, as much as I enjoyed Sam ditching this tree-climbing monkey for 20 ft tall alien robots, he'll have to show up to some degree. Maybe Ratchet can study him to gain an understanding of stranger forms of human behavior.

Maggie and Glenn aren't needed anymore since the govt knows fully about the transformers and what they're capable of. We never even saw what became of them, Epps, and Simmons afterwards, save we know Simmons was out of a job. After their part in contacting the Air force, Maggie and Glenn really had no further purpose to the story. It's a shame, yes she was more important to the plot of the first one, than Megan but she never really had much interaction with the robots, nor knew Sam well enough. Best of luck to her.

1337W422102, let me try:

"I wouldn't mind hacking her firewall. If you know what I mean."
Re: No Rachel Taylor for Transformers 2? (642339)
Posted by 1337W422102 on February 26th, 2008 @ 9:48pm CST
Roadbuster wrote:1337W422102, let me try:

"I wouldn't mind hacking her firewall. If you know what I mean."

I think I used that one before. :P What I do is I reformulate a line from the News story itself, but you get points and a high-five for trying!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "Vortex Decepticon Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron 2012 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Generations Combiner Wars Thundercracker Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Starscream Masterpiece MP-3 Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Headmaster Reissue Hardhead Chromedome Brainstorm Mindwipe Set of 4" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS LOT RHINOX SOUNDWAVE DOUBLEDEALER USA HASBRO" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Jazware Zoteki Battle On Cybertron Rare Hot Toy Collectible" on EBAY