NYCC 2016 Transformers Alt Modes Reveals on Hasbro Preview Night

NYCC 2016 Transformers Alt Modes Reveals on Hasbro Preview Night

Wednesday, October 5th, 2016 7:49pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 20,132

New York Comic Con keeps on trucking along, and we now bring to you images of the upcoming Transformers: Alt Modes figures! These little dudes have massive heads and tiny bodies, and the 8 on display at New York Comic Con included: Megatron, Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Bluestreak, Hound, Starscream, Cliffjumper, and an eighth figures that is a grey redeco of Optimus Prime. Check out the images below, and stay tuned for all your New York Comic Con information!

Transformers News: NYCC 2016 Transformers Alt Modes Reveals on Hasbro Preview Night

This article was last modified on Thursday, October 6th, 2016 1:25am CDT

Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers Alt Modes Reveals on Hasbro Preview Night (1830985)
Posted by primalxconvoy on October 6th, 2016 @ 6:22am CDT
NOPE.
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers Alt Modes Reveals on Hasbro Preview Night (1830993)
Posted by RAR on October 6th, 2016 @ 6:55am CDT
Maybe If I trip over one at a Car Boot Sale -but otherwise I can't see me buying these.
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers Alt Modes Reveals on Hasbro Preview Night (1831014)
Posted by Tyrannacon on October 6th, 2016 @ 8:24am CDT
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers Alt Modes Reveals on Hasbro Preview Night (1842897)
Posted by ScottyP on November 23rd, 2016 @ 8:51am CST
Tyrannacon wrote:I really want to get a Megatron, but I hate the blind-pack way these things come packaged. You can't really see much to identify it through the tiny hole on the side of it. I spent like 30 minutes in TRU here trying to get an identification going and still couldn't.
Phone flashlight might help? It should at least get you the plastic color, which is often enough, and if it isn't try shaking it.

In other news, my TRU had a case of these marked as Wave 2 on the Hasbro shipping box. It was opened, so I looked in it and it looked like Wave 1 again so I skipped it. Looking back at some old images though, I think it might have been the case with Bee and Cliffjumper in lieu of Magnus and Prowl or something like that? Anyone else seen this around?
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers Alt Modes Reveals on Hasbro Preview Night (1845945)
Posted by Tyrannacon on December 7th, 2016 @ 11:20am CST
ScottyP wrote:

Aye. I actually went third party on this one and bought a Megatron one direct from a seller on eBay (decently priced too). So I have Megatron now and I'm content with it. It's a neat little toy though. Last time I went to TRU they weren't as well-stocked. So they must be selling a bit better than I initially thought they would. They're great desktop toys. Like having one of those POP's or whatever on your desk.
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers Alt Modes Reveals on Hasbro Preview Night (1846103)
Posted by WreckerJack on December 7th, 2016 @ 11:40pm CST
Cliffjumper and Bee are kinda cute but these aren't really my thing.
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers Alt Modes Reveals on Hasbro Preview Night (1847999)
Posted by Rainmaker on December 20th, 2016 @ 2:44am CST
How many times are they going to repaint bumblebee red and think it's cliffjumper? It looks like a red bumblebee, not a cliffjumper. Cliffjumper isn't a straight repaint.

I still want them, though.

:MAXIMAL:
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers Alt Modes Reveals on Hasbro Preview Night (1851414)
Posted by Va'al on January 9th, 2017 @ 7:34pm CST
Also via Bounti76 and their Walmart store in Centerville, Utah, we have a first sighting for the second wave of Transformers Alt-Modes figures, the superdeformed tiny robots with a big head - as seen back at NYCC. They come in blind packs, but your fellow Seibetronian was able to snag a Cliffjumper and a Sideswipe. Check them out below!

Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers Alt Modes Reveals on Hasbro Preview Night (1851426)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 9th, 2017 @ 8:25pm CST
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers Alt Modes Reveals on Hasbro Preview Night (1851484)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 10th, 2017 @ 1:51am CST
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers Alt Modes Reveals on Hasbro Preview Night (1851525)
Posted by carytheone on January 10th, 2017 @ 8:35am CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I'd love to get some of these, but the whole blind box thing is a turn off. Knowing my luck I'd get two of the same figure.
They're pretty fun. Worth nabbing at least one of your favorite characters. The first wave had a little peepy hole in the side so you could pick the one you like.

I wonder if series two will be the same :-?

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I kind of find the Sideswipe adorable. May have to be on the lookout for those bags
I feel I need that Sideswipe too. Do we know the full line up yet?
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers Alt Modes Reveals on Hasbro Preview Night (1851536)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 10th, 2017 @ 9:06am CST
carytheone wrote:
I feel I need that Sideswipe too. Do we know the full line up yet?
We probably do, but I've never given much heed to alt modes, so I don't know anything really. But now though I need to start looking. I want one
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers Alt Modes Reveals on Hasbro Preview Night (1851549)
Posted by carytheone on January 10th, 2017 @ 10:01am CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
carytheone wrote:
I feel I need that Sideswipe too. Do we know the full line up yet?
Fun desk toy at least and worth getting one for.

If you pull the insignia tab on top, it triggers the "transformation". It can even be done one handed. Fun for quick change action fun! ;)^
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers Alt Modes Reveals on Hasbro Preview Night (1851614)
Posted by carytheone on January 10th, 2017 @ 2:32pm CST
So I was on my lunch time toy run and I ran across what I thought were new Alt Modes at Target. The display, packaging and bot assortment is new-ish (some repeats), but they are labeled as series one. The old packaging looked different and had a different line up.

I think the local TRU still has a case or so of the old ones or I can dig out my box from the older style to compare.
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers Alt Modes Reveals on Hasbro Preview Night (1851703)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 10th, 2017 @ 8:55pm CST
I'm thinking of making a Walmart run later this week or next week. Maybe I'll take a peak
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers Alt Modes Reveals on Hasbro Preview Night (1851732)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 10th, 2017 @ 10:50pm CST
carytheone wrote:

Did not know about the hole. How easy is it to tell who's in there?
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers Alt Modes Reveals on Hasbro Preview Night (1851754)
Posted by carytheone on January 11th, 2017 @ 5:47am CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
carytheone wrote:

Did not know about the hole. How easy is it to tell who's in there?
Pretty easy actually. The hole is just a little smaller than a dime. You can wiggle the box a bit and move the figure around to get a better view. I was able to pick every character out until I found a Prowl. If you spot one in the wild, give 'em a shake ;)^
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers Alt Modes Reveals on Hasbro Preview Night (1852118)
Posted by carytheone on January 12th, 2017 @ 2:04pm CST
And here is the OG series 1.

Conspiracy? #altmodegate? Probably just a running change. Still weird though :-?

Oh, and Chuck, those holes on the lineup side is where you can get your 10ยข peek on :saint:

And for your viewing pleasure:

Alt Mode Vs.png
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers Alt Modes Reveals on Hasbro Preview Night (1852326)
Posted by ScottyP on January 13th, 2017 @ 7:53pm CST
Did someone ask for a break down of the line? To the, actually, my brain, shamefully.

Wave 1 and 2 - Series 1 with a literally identical assortment for some reason, probably miscommunication. Seem at TRU stores in the later half of 2016.
  • Optimus Prime
  • Megatron
  • Starscream
  • Thundercracker
  • Skywarp
  • Ultra Magnus
  • Prowl
  • Nemesis Prime

Wave 3 - more of Series 1, showing up at Target stores now.
New toys
  • Sunstorm
  • Acid Storm
  • Smokescreen
  • Bumblebee
  • Cliffjumper
Wave 1 carryovers
  • Optimus Prime
  • Megatron
  • Starscream

Wave 4 - Series 2, showing up at Wal-Mart stores now and some Targets. Unsure if this was solicited as Wave 4 or "2017 Wave 1" or something similar.
New toys
  • Hound
  • Sideswipe
  • Bluestreak
  • Silver Optimus Prime
Series 1 carryovers
  • Bumblebee
  • Cliffjumper
  • Megatron
  • Starscream

Future Waves - revealed, unknown release dates.
  • Dirge
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers Alt Modes Reveals on Hasbro Preview Night (1852457)
Posted by ScottyP on January 15th, 2017 @ 10:45am CST
Also, since these aren't true blind boxes, I've added the series back to the sightings page: http://www.seibertron.com/sightings/ind ... t-modes235

Hope that helps!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "WFC-E40 BATTLE SQUAD Transformers Earthrise Micromasters Direct-Hit Power Punch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SOUNDBLASTER Siege War for Cybertron MISB Walmart Exclusive Netflix" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise - Direct-Hit & Power Punch [WFC-E18]" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Transformers Mega 3-Step Changer Action Figure Hasbro 2016" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Powertrain & Highjump Siege War for Cybertron Micromaster 2018 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Deluxe Class Cliffjumper (c)2011 TOMY  RARE" on EBAY
Buy "2015 Hasbro Transformers Robots In Disguise Rid Mega Optimus Prime Autobot" on EBAY