Thursday, October 6th, 2016 1:38am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 33,131

The other video round-up from the Hasbro preview night at New York Comic Con 2016 focuses on the Transformers: Robots in Disguise - and the Duocon-like Combiner Force sub-line as revealed here and here - featuring the likes of Drift, Stormshot, Bludgeon, Blastwave and the regulars Optimus Prime, Sideswipe, Strongarm and Bumblebee. Check it out embedded below!

This article was last modified on Thursday, October 6th, 2016 2:43pm CDT

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers: Robots in Disguise Video featuring Combiner Force Products and More (1830958)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on October 6th, 2016 @ 1:54am CDT
I like the look of that Duocon

Bludgeon is just a retool of Megatronus

& Stealth Force Bee, Sideswipe & Strongarm......why? why use this gimmick again that was already used before with the Bayformer toyline(& i don't think that it was well received back then either).
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers: Robots in Disguise Video featuring Combiner Force Products and More (1830961)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on October 6th, 2016 @ 2:11am CDT
Honestly not a fan of a single one of these (that's fine if you do - not saying they're bad, just not something I'm into) but I'm not complaining, because I do want almost everything from Titans Return. This is just a sigh of relief for my bank account for now.
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers: Robots in Disguise Video featuring Combiner Force Products and More (1830987)
Posted by ThunderThruster on October 6th, 2016 @ 6:32am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Kurona wrote:The new one is the only combiner force dude that looks good. Probably because they're original characters made for the line and their vehicle modes are sacrificed for it.

Agreed there. At least the combined robot mode is pretty cool

That would be the one I get out of all of the combiner force guys, he looks really good. Reminds me of Star Sabre.

In the video when the jet legs are combined with the prime torso I got an Armada Jet Prime vibe.

Wondering if there's a boj to combine all 6 ala Landcross.....
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers: Robots in Disguise Video featuring Combiner Force Products and More (1831007)
Posted by psj333 on October 6th, 2016 @ 8:00am CDT
You may have already heard that Clampdown is being classified as a Legion, while Springload is a One-Step. That being said, I'm curious to know if these guys will eventually show up at this year's NYCC in their Warrior forms? Will we finally get to see the Con's that we've finally been dying for since 2015 in all Legion, One-Step, and Warrior classes altogether? I'm currently referring to the Cons in Season 1 and 2. What will Hasbro tell us about Seasons 3 and 4? :BOT: :CON:
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers: Robots in Disguise Video featuring Combiner Force Products and More (1831016)
Posted by Madeus Prime on October 6th, 2016 @ 8:27am CDT
psj333 wrote:You may have already heard that Clampdown is being classified as a Legion, while Springload is a One-Step. That being said, I'm curious to know if these guys will eventually show up at this year's NYCC in their Warrior forms?

It's very likely we won't be seeing warrior molds of either of these guys. Sorry psj, it's based on popularity with kids and Autobots always win in that arena, or at least the executives and designers think so.

I gotta say, I'm really loving Stormshot. I don't know why, but I really want him. :APPLAUSE:

And I'm psyched about the eventual Bludgeon figure from Blastwave!
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers: Robots in Disguise Video featuring Combiner Force Products and More (1831033)
Posted by Va'al on October 6th, 2016 @ 9:09am CDT
After the several photos sent to us directly from the Hasbro area at New York Comic Con 2016 for the upcoming Robots in Disguise line and its new Combiner Force direction, we have the official images from Hasbro themselves, featuring the likes of Bumblebee, Sideswipe and Strongarm, with newcomer Activators Stuntwing, Great Byte and Trickout. Check out the renders below, showing off the combined modes as well as the indivual ones!

UPDATED with images for the second version of Bumblebee and Strongarm, Optimus Prime, plus new character Skysledge, Stormhammer and a sample of combinations!

Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers: Robots in Disguise Video featuring Combiner Force Products and More (1831062)
Posted by Kurona on October 6th, 2016 @ 10:36am CDT
Strongarm... you just got an incredible scout toy; why did you have to... no, Strongarm... babe... that's not a good look.

I can't believe Ironhide is a mini-con
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers: Robots in Disguise Video featuring Combiner Force Products and More (1831070)
Posted by Va'al on October 6th, 2016 @ 11:15am CDT
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers: Robots in Disguise Video featuring Combiner Force Products and More (1831074)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 6th, 2016 @ 11:24am CDT
They totally combined Optimus with Strongarm just so they could put Strongarm's forehead crest on Optimus's helmet just so they could do a Star Convoy homage, didn't they. /:)
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers: Robots in Disguise Video featuring Combiner Force Products and More (1831075)
Posted by william-james88 on October 6th, 2016 @ 11:26am CDT
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers: Robots in Disguise Video featuring Combiner Force Products and More (1831076)
Posted by Kurona on October 6th, 2016 @ 11:26am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:They totally combined Optimus with Strongarm just so they could put Strongarm's forehad crest on Optimus's helmet just so they could do a Star Convoy homage, didn't they. /:)

Hasbro's been all over that guy recently. It's not a bad thing, but it is mighty confusing.
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers: Robots in Disguise Video featuring Combiner Force Products and More (1831077)
Posted by Kurona on October 6th, 2016 @ 11:27am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Its too bad they didnt give us pics for the Warrior Class, thats what I wanted to see most.

Same. I don't need more renders of Combiner Force to know they're terrible, gimme Stormshot!
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers: Robots in Disguise Video featuring Combiner Force Products and More (1831081)
Posted by william-james88 on October 6th, 2016 @ 11:41am CDT
Kurona wrote:

I am not sold on stormshot though. While Starscream had a nice levelof complexity to his transformation, this guy seems very basic, reminding me almost of a combiner wars jet.
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers: Robots in Disguise Video featuring Combiner Force Products and More (1831083)
Posted by Kurona on October 6th, 2016 @ 11:45am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:

Maybe... but he still looks cool.
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers: Robots in Disguise Video featuring Combiner Force Products and More (1831090)
Posted by william-james88 on October 6th, 2016 @ 12:06pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:

Maybe... but he still looks cool.

Robot mode looks good, I wont deny it.

And to be frank, jet mode looks pretty good. I like the reference to real life jets.

I just dont like how unoriginal that transformation is and that plays a big factor for me.
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers: Robots in Disguise Video featuring Combiner Force Products and More (1831106)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on October 6th, 2016 @ 12:50pm CDT
Combiner Force? Just say Powerlink. :roll:
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers: Robots in Disguise Video featuring Combiner Force Products and More (1831109)
Posted by Cobotron on October 6th, 2016 @ 12:55pm CDT
ARG! So frustrated by the fact that I have absolutely no need or desire for those big clunky toys, but their minicons are truly amazing! :BANG_HEAD:
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers: Robots in Disguise Video featuring Combiner Force Products and More (1831150)
Posted by ThunderThruster on October 6th, 2016 @ 2:20pm CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:Combiner Force? Just say Powerlink. :roll:

How about Multi-on
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers: Robots in Disguise Video featuring Combiner Force Products and More (1831167)
Posted by RAR on October 6th, 2016 @ 3:02pm CDT
I think those Combiner Force would be more interesting if they made a few more of them with the likes of Drift, Jazz, Ratchet & maybe Windblade in the line.

But I expect what you see is all there is going to be - and they will vanish like the Minicon compatible scout sized ones.

Oh and the seem to have renamed One-steps I notice.
But regardless what they call them did we really need 3 Bumblebee & 3 Optimus One Step Moulds ?

I like all the new Autobot Jets - if they'd not got so greedy and actually just made Bludgeon I'd have been interested - but the chances of RID being around long enough to actually release a Bludgeon toy seems slim - perhaps Takara might do it though. - And would it have offended some Toy god of something to have at least pre-paint it as Banzai-tron instead of a very inappropriate Autobot.
Re: NYCC 2016 Transformers: Robots in Disguise Video featuring Combiner Force Products and More (1831182)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 6th, 2016 @ 3:52pm CDT
Combiner Force is very eeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. At least the warriors are good, can't wait for their renders!

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #261 - Ratchets, Tigers and Planes
"Ratchets, Tigers and Planes"
Posted: Sunday, October 11th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Takara AD06 Age of Extinction Movie Advanced  Crosshairs" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION DELUXE CLASS HIGH OCTANE BUMBLEBEE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction AOE Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug Evolution 2-Pack" on EBAY
Buy "Jada Toys 2017 HOLLYWOOD RIDES Bumblebee Vehicle TRANSFORMERS 100% DIE-CAST" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Class Dinobot Strafe Figure Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction STRAFE Deluxe Class Toys R Us Exclusive RARE NIB!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lockdown Age Of Extinction Deluxe Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction SNARL Deluxe Class - RARE! NIB! BRAND NEW!" on EBAY