NYCC Hasbro Panel Reveals Voyager Class Sentinel Prime and Infinitus

Thursday, October 8th, 2015 9:24PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 36,440

We have one new figure reveal to show you guys this evening. Arriving alongside Galvatron in the 1st wave of Titans Returns is Voyager Class Sentinel Prime and Infinitus. Sentinel Prime is a triple changer with a spaceship and train alt mode. You can almost smell an Astrotrain repaint sometime in the future. Check out the images from the Hasbro panel below.

Transformers News: Hasbro Panel Reveals Voyager Class Sentinel Prime and Infinitus

Re: NYCC Hasbro Panel Reveals Voyager Class Sentinel Prime and Infinitus (1732736)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on October 8th, 2015 @ 9:26pm CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:

They literally stole that right out of the stormbringer designs for astro train :shock: even the way the backpack moves backwards and the wings wrap around the train

I alwasy thought that was a nice design, will get this and astrotrain.
Re: NYCC Hasbro Panel Reveals Voyager Class Sentinel Prime and Infinitus (1732737)
Posted by Ebonyleopard on October 8th, 2015 @ 9:28pm CDT
Sentinel Prime? Cook. But, behold, our future Broadside.
Re: NYCC Hasbro Panel Reveals Voyager Class Sentinel Prime and Infinitus (1732738)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on October 8th, 2015 @ 9:29pm CDT
Ebonyleopard wrote:Sentinel Prime? Cook. But, behold, our future Broadside.

Future Astrotrain
Re: NYCC Hasbro Panel Reveals Voyager Class Sentinel Prime and Infinitus (1732740)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on October 8th, 2015 @ 9:30pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Ebonyleopard wrote:Sentinel Prime? Cook. But, behold, our future Broadside.

Future Astrotrain

Honestly, with a little reshelling, it could easily work as a space flat top (the ship mode would at least)
Re: NYCC Hasbro Panel Reveals Voyager Class Sentinel Prime and Infinitus (1732741)
Posted by Autobot N on October 8th, 2015 @ 9:31pm CDT

Wait a daggum minute here.

The image says wave 1 2016.

Does this mean what I think it means?
Re: NYCC Hasbro Panel Reveals Voyager Class Sentinel Prime and Infinitus (1732742)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on October 8th, 2015 @ 9:32pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Ebonyleopard wrote:Sentinel Prime? Cook. But, behold, our future Broadside.

Future Astrotrain

Another good one would be if TT made it into Galaxy Shuttle
Re: NYCC Hasbro Panel Reveals Voyager Class Sentinel Prime and Infinitus (1732744)
Posted by Gallifreyan Autobot on October 8th, 2015 @ 9:36pm CDT
Re: NYCC Hasbro Panel Reveals Voyager Class Sentinel Prime and Infinitus (1732745)
Posted by Shuttershock on October 8th, 2015 @ 9:39pm CDT
Train mode looks like it would fit in with the Omega Battleship or the Dark Fleet.
Re: NYCC Hasbro Panel Reveals Voyager Class Sentinel Prime and Infinitus (1732747)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on October 8th, 2015 @ 9:42pm CDT
Well, I am suitably impressed. That is a damn good looking transformers that I will buy as well as the Astrotrain repaint :BOT:
Re: NYCC Hasbro Panel Reveals Voyager Class Sentinel Prime and Infinitus (1732748)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on October 8th, 2015 @ 9:43pm CDT
Decepticon Sunstorm wrote:This I like. Sentinel Prime (along with his inevitable Astrotrain retool) has been added to the list of Titans Return stuff I'll get, which is really everything except the spare heads, excluding Loudmouth, who I'll in case they reveal new bodies for them with the other heads (Loudmouth with eyes and Nightbeat with sunglasses), as I like the sunglasses look better.

Wait a daggum minute here.

The image says wave 1 2016.

Does this mean what I think it means?

No it doesn't.

Bruticus is wave 1 and Sky Reign Wave 2 of 2016 combiner wars and transformers as a whole. Titans return would be wave 1 of the titans return stuff starting after combiner wars, making it more like wave 3 :BOT:
Re: NYCC Hasbro Panel Reveals Voyager Class Sentinel Prime and Infinitus (1732751)
Posted by Starsaber468 on October 8th, 2015 @ 9:53pm CDT
No way their not gonna at some point remold this into Astrotrain
Re: NYCC Hasbro Panel Reveals Voyager Class Sentinel Prime and Infinitus (1732752)
Posted by Zeedust on October 8th, 2015 @ 9:54pm CDT
Decepticon Sunstorm wrote:...the list of Titans Return stuff I'll get, which is really everything except the spare heads, excluding Loudmouth, who I'll in case they reveal new bodies for them with the other heads (Loudmouth with eyes and Nightbeat with sunglasses), as I like the sunglasses look better.

To each his own, I guess. For me, the extra head guy worth owning is Crashbash with his nifty beast body and clever dino mode integration.
Re: NYCC Hasbro Panel Reveals Voyager Class Sentinel Prime and Infinitus (1732753)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on October 8th, 2015 @ 9:54pm CDT
Autobot tap out wrote:is it me or does the train mode look like it has taken some cues from Energon Omega Supreme ?

Possibly, but it is identical to the astrotrain design in the stormbringer graphic novel, same transformation scheme and all.
Re: NYCC Hasbro Panel Reveals Voyager Class Sentinel Prime and Infinitus (1732755)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on October 8th, 2015 @ 9:57pm CDT
Re: NYCC Hasbro Panel Reveals Voyager Class Sentinel Prime and Infinitus (1732756)
Posted by Prowl4 on October 8th, 2015 @ 9:57pm CDT
Diem wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:what I can't accept and don't like is changing galvatron who in idw specifically states he hates headmasters, being made as an actual headmaster. It's like having johnny storm be played by Michaelsame Jordan, it shouldn't have happened.
See, this is the reasonable counterpoint to Galvatron being a Headmaster. I disagree and look forward to the toy, it doesn't bug me, but your reason here for being bugged by it makes sense.

I know people like it and of course it all comes down to personal opinion. I'm just disappointed that galvatron is being done this way. I see that toys and fiction intertwine. I didn't and wouldn't buy a combiner cyclonus for the same reason. Just a pity in my own personal opinion.

Not just IDW. G1 cartoon Galvatron wasn't super impressed with Headmasters and Targetmasters either. But I'd rather have a decent, larger-than-deluxe Galvatron get released with a gimmick that doesn't compromise the toy, rather than not get him at all just because he doesn't fit the current aesthetic.

Galvatron shares my view so lol. I'm truly disappointed that galvatron and sentinel prime are headmasters, two figures I really wanted. Hopefully takara do their own thing and make them complete robots with their own heads.
Re: NYCC Hasbro Panel Reveals Voyager Class Sentinel Prime and Infinitus (1732757)
Posted by Autobot N on October 8th, 2015 @ 9:58pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:

Well, while I don't fancy having the extra heads stand alone (the only reason I'd buy him is if they made a version of him with a non-sunglasses head), I do think that the engineering on Crashbash is unbelievable.
Re: NYCC Hasbro Panel Reveals Voyager Class Sentinel Prime and Infinitus (1732759)
Posted by Mkall on October 8th, 2015 @ 10:04pm CDT
I like it and will probably get it. I'm hoping we'll see a nice Rodimus Prime at some point to go with Galvatron.
Re: NYCC Hasbro Panel Reveals Voyager Class Sentinel Prime and Infinitus (1732761)
Posted by william-james88 on October 8th, 2015 @ 10:06pm CDT

Wait a daggum minute here.

The image says wave 1 2016.

Does this mean what I think it means?

Yes, it means exactly what it says. This is the first wave of Generations Titan Returns of 2016. So right after wave 2 of combiner wars 2016, around the summer.

Thats the fist thing that came to mind when I saw it.
Re: NYCC Hasbro Panel Reveals Voyager Class Sentinel Prime and Infinitus (1732762)
Posted by Desslok2201 on October 8th, 2015 @ 10:14pm CDT
I can get behind stuff like this. I can't really deal with taking established characters like Blaster or Galvatron and making them into headmasters, but Sentinel Prime really doesn't have anything worth mentioning to prevent this. And that design works. Please, Hasbro, bring on some more original headmaster characters, or make some headless bodies that I can fit Kirk, Loafer, Trizer et al. into.
Re: NYCC Hasbro Panel Reveals Voyager Class Sentinel Prime and Infinitus (1732764)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 8th, 2015 @ 10:27pm CDT
Is there more coverage of the full panel (both slide pics and text reports of all that was said) still forthcoming?

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Skullitron The Last Knight TRU Exclusive Brand New Factory Sealed - Time Remaining: 4 days 22 hours 33 minutes 22 seconds
Transformers Timelines Botcon 2006 Waspinator - Time Remaining: 18 days 1 hour 34 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME vs MEGATRON Heroes LEGENDS Cybertron Convoy MINICON - Time Remaining: 3 days 16 hours 2 seconds
Hasbro Transformers 3 Megatron Voyager Class DOTM Movie Dark Of The Moon T3V02 - Time Remaining: 7 days 8 hours 17 seconds
3 Changing Style Transformers Titans Return Voyager Blunderbuss & Broadside Toy - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 3 minutes 1 second
TRANSFORMERS JAPAN Prime Arms Micron AM-07 Starscream ACTION FIGURE NEW - Time Remaining: 8 days 6 hours 6 minutes 43 seconds
TRANSFORMERS JAPAN Prime Arms Micron AM-11 Arcee ACTION FIGURE NEW - Time Remaining: 8 days 9 hours 7 minutes 23 seconds
TRANSFORMERS JAPAN Prime Arms Micron AM-13 Medic Knock Out ACTION FIGURE NEW - Time Remaining: 4 days 16 hours 7 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #184 - The Search For Alpha Trion
"The Search For Alpha Trion"
Posted: Sunday, September 17th, 2017