Wednesday, June 6th, 2018 12:13pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 11,735

Amazon Japan currently has the preorder for Takara's latest Encore release, Beast Wars Returns Convoy or as you probably know him, Beast Machines Optimus Primal. The official images in the listing show us the Air Attack Optimus Primal mode in a more show accurate deco (we have images of the original for comparison below). The listing does state that Koyasu Takehito, Primal's Japanese voice actor at the time, provided newly recorded phrases that will be included with the toy and that, like the original, there will be different sounds in robot mode and gorilla mode.

Amazon Japan has him discounted from ¥ 21,600 to ¥ 14,640.

Check out the images below!

Transformers News: Offcial Images and Amazon Listing for Takara Transformers Encore Beast Machines Optimus Primal

Original Version:

Transformers Beast Machines Air Attack Optimus Primal (Beast Convoy) Gallery

Transformers Beast Machines Air Attack Optimus Primal (Beast Convoy) Gallery

Re: Offcial Images and Amazon Listing for Takara Transformers Encore Beast Machines Optimus Primal (1963430)
Posted by Overcracker on June 6th, 2018 @ 12:38pm CDT
Primal ... err ... Beestoo Convoy! got a manicure. Painted fingernails and all.

Still even 14K yen is a bit steep, when the original one is still readily available for well under $100 from ebay.
Re: Offcial Images and Amazon Listing for Takara Transformers Encore Beast Machines Optimus Primal (1963438)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on June 6th, 2018 @ 1:48pm CDT
That price is a bit steep. I'm glad I got the year of the monkey one for 40$.
Re: Offcial Images and Amazon Listing for Takara Transformers Encore Beast Machines Optimus Primal (1963444)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 6th, 2018 @ 1:57pm CDT
Have to say... that Takara paint scheme looks significantly better. Must put some thought into this. >:oP
Re: Offcial Images and Amazon Listing for Takara Transformers Encore Beast Machines Optimus Primal (1963446)
Posted by shajaki on June 6th, 2018 @ 2:06pm CDT
I will be getting this, but I'm kinda pissed about it.

I LOVE Beast Machines. And this figure looks as good as it's ever going to get. But DAMN that price, and the fact that this is NOT the mold I'd have chosen to get the premo treatment.

*sigh*
Re: Offcial Images and Amazon Listing for Takara Transformers Encore Beast Machines Optimus Primal (1963447)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 6th, 2018 @ 2:09pm CDT
Interesting thought. I hadn't pictured the other sizes in a decent coloration. That first rando blue one never felt right.... but I wonder what it (or the others) would look like with a decent paint job.

:-?
Re: Offcial Images and Amazon Listing for Takara Transformers Encore Beast Machines Optimus Primal (1963449)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 6th, 2018 @ 2:12pm CDT
Ok. Wow, just found a nicely painted custom of the medium sized one. That thing looks GREAT with a decent paint job. Original is in some WILD almost all yellow scheme. I'd somehow pushed that out of my mind.

sigh.
Re: Offcial Images and Amazon Listing for Takara Transformers Encore Beast Machines Optimus Primal (1963450)
Posted by shajaki on June 6th, 2018 @ 2:17pm CDT
*patiently waits for a 3P to make decent BM toys*
Re: Offcial Images and Amazon Listing for Takara Transformers Encore Beast Machines Optimus Primal (1963456)
Posted by william-james88 on June 6th, 2018 @ 2:38pm CDT
shajaki wrote:I will be getting this, but I'm kinda pissed about it.

*sigh*

The big deal breaker for me is that the I could not care less about the revamped electronics since it will strip away the Gary Chalk voice (hence why I never cared for the YOTM one either).
Re: Offcial Images and Amazon Listing for Takara Transformers Encore Beast Machines Optimus Primal (1963468)
Posted by Burn on June 6th, 2018 @ 3:49pm CDT
Another release I can save money on.

I kid ... I can't save money at all.
Re: Offcial Images and Amazon Listing for Takara Transformers Encore Beast Machines Optimus Primal (1963480)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 6th, 2018 @ 4:47pm CDT
Burn wrote:Another release I can save money on.

I kid ... I can't save money at all.

Dohoho! I can relate...

Still, if one DO have the cash to burn, that "reissue" is very well worth it. With that VERY NICE deco and the new sound, I consider this as a premium "Botcon" or "Collector Club" exclusive repaint. So of course it have the price tag to match.

Also, Shajaki, you tsundere... :lol:
Re: Offcial Images and Amazon Listing for Takara Transformers Encore Beast Machines Optimus Primal (1963503)
Posted by Octobotimus on June 6th, 2018 @ 6:57pm CDT
so nearly the price of a titan class transformer, yet no where near as fun or worth the price. yeah how about no. this is not worth the money, and should always have been well under $100
Re: Offcial Images and Amazon Listing for Takara Transformers Encore Beast Machines Optimus Primal (1963505)
Posted by megamanfan on June 6th, 2018 @ 7:15pm CDT
shajaki wrote:*patiently waits for a 3P to make decent BM toys*

you'll probably be waiting a long, LONG time then. no 3p company has made an actual animal-like figure, ony a few robot-y looking ones from beast wars. heck, if animated hasn't gotten more than, like, 2 3rd party toys being a fan-favorite, then there's not really a chance for beast machines to get any love either.
Re: Offcial Images and Amazon Listing for Takara Transformers Encore Beast Machines Optimus Primal (1963531)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 6th, 2018 @ 11:15pm CDT
shajaki wrote:I will be getting this, but I'm kinda pissed about it.

*sigh*
It's posts like this that make me wish this site had a Like button feature. ;)^
Re: Offcial Images and Amazon Listing for Takara Transformers Encore Beast Machines Optimus Primal (1963648)
Posted by shajaki on June 7th, 2018 @ 4:35pm CDT
Thanks Sabr ;)^

Who likes pics?!

Re: Offcial Images and Amazon Listing for Takara Transformers Encore Beast Machines Optimus Primal (1963673)
Posted by Va'al on June 7th, 2018 @ 6:33pm CDT
After the initial post for the revived Transformers Encore line from Takara Tomy, we have a couple of updates courtesy of the official Takara Tomy product website for the toy here, and Dengeki Hobby website's coverage of the Tokyo Toy Show 2018, here.

Along with the original images we covered with the reveal, Takara Tomy has also put up the promotional banner for the big bossbot of the Maximals, in his Beast Machines form, and three of the voice clips he will come with in final product - which you can listen to here - starting, in Japanese: '(To) all good children, it's Convoy!', 'Good! If you want to survive...' and 'Okay! Today is rap!...' - or something to that effect. If you're good at transcribing Japanese audio, do let us know!

The other update comes from Tokyo Toy Show 2018, as we have some of the display images from the Takara booth on the floor, mirrored below alongside the other Convoys from across the 35 years of the character. Take a look, and let us know what you think!

Re: Offcial Images and Amazon Listing for Takara Transformers Encore Beast Machines Optimus Primal (1963686)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 7th, 2018 @ 8:21pm CDT
The first voice clip is a sort of introductory clip.

The second says something about the Oracle.

And the third... sounds a lot like all the "Yvonco" chanting that Rattrap and others did during the opening sequence of episode 14 (season 2, episode 1) in its Japanese dub.
Re: Offcial Images and Amazon Listing for Takara Transformers Encore Beast Machines Optimus Primal (1963786)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on June 8th, 2018 @ 10:43am CDT
Re: Offcial Images and Amazon Listing for Takara Transformers Encore Beast Machines Optimus Primal (1963816)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 8th, 2018 @ 1:39pm CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:It looks great, but sadly I can't afford it as usual. I also much prefer Hasbro's Platinum version. I don't know why, but that Primal in Prime colors looks perfect to me :x

I also have it and I LOVE it. Plus you can get it for very cheap if you know where to look.
Re: Offcial Images and Amazon Listing for Takara Transformers Encore Beast Machines Optimus Primal (1963833)
Posted by Emerje on June 8th, 2018 @ 3:40pm CDT
If this were a cartoon accurate mold I'd be all over this, but it isn't so I can't really justify buying this figure again just for more paint details.

Emerje
Re: Offcial Images and Amazon Listing for Takara Transformers Encore Beast Machines Optimus Primal (1963852)
Posted by Lucky Logician on June 8th, 2018 @ 5:46pm CDT
I get that he is speaking in Japanese and the original did not. The redeco is nice, but it is so slight that you wouldn't notice unless you compare it to the old version. Not worth the cash.

Now if they took Blast Punch Optimus Primal and gave him an accurate color scheme, lots of people would be happy. Especially since he would be more in scale with the other BM toys. They could charge $50 and plenty of people across the world would buy that. They could probably even charge $70 and still get money from a good amount of people.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Legends LG52 MISSFIRE & Targetmaster Aimless Titans Return Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Kre-O A6950 Scorn Street Chase" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Computron! Scattershot strafe lightspeed afterburner nosecone" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TFSS 4.0 Spinster   Thunder Mayhem TFCC Targetmaster Subscription" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Hotrod, Cogman, Stinger lot" on EBAY
Buy "RARE Transformers The Last Knight Cyberfire COGMAN 1-Step Turbo Changer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Premier Deluxe Crosshairs, C7 Corvette 2016 Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Autobot HOUND Earthrise WFC G1 MISB lot" on EBAY