Official Hasbro Images for New and Upcoming Power Core Combiners

Official Hasbro Images for New and Upcoming Power Core Combiners

Wednesday, August 11th, 2010 1:38pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Company News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 51,028

Hasbro has sent us official images for the Wave 3 Commander Two Packs and Wave 2 Five Packs. Enjoy these high resolution images for Darkstream with Razorbeam, Steelshot with Beacon, Windburn with Dark Ray, Mudslinger and the Destructicons, and Double Clutch and the Rallybots

Darkstream

Steelshot

Seibertron.com is your source for the latest Transformers news!

Windburn

Mudslinger with Destructicons

Double Clutch with Rallybots

Credit(s): Hasbro

Re: Official Hasbro Images for New and Upcoming Power Core Combiners (1111817)
Posted by RiddlerJ on August 11th, 2010 @ 1:46pm CDT
Repaints already. Sheesh!
Re: Official Hasbro Images for New and Upcoming Power Core Combiners (1111819)
Posted by EyeOfTheTigatron on August 11th, 2010 @ 1:49pm CDT
Wait, first Beacon is clear brown then clear yellow now opaque red WTF? they still look good though :D
Re: Official Hasbro Images for New and Upcoming Power Core Combiners (1111820)
Posted by Forgotten on August 11th, 2010 @ 1:51pm CDT
Mudslinger's combiner head reminds me of Cy-Gor.
Re: Official Hasbro Images for New and Upcoming Power Core Combiners (1111821)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on August 11th, 2010 @ 1:53pm CDT
I am very sad about the new Minicon colors.
Re: Official Hasbro Images for New and Upcoming Power Core Combiners (1111822)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 11th, 2010 @ 1:54pm CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:Repaints already. Sheesh!

Well, that is Wave 3 of the 2-packs, and only Wave 2 of the 5-packs. Just to warn you, Wave 3 of the 5-packs will have repaints of Smolder and Huffer, with the Aerialbots and Combaticons mixed between them. So no new drones until the Dinobot and Constructicons ;)

I must admit I had to do a double take on Windburn, as I thought he had a new head. Nope, just a straight repaint like the rest. Easily skipped.
Re: Official Hasbro Images for New and Upcoming Power Core Combiners (1111830)
Posted by dirtysteve on August 11th, 2010 @ 2:06pm CDT

I was happy to see new combiners, but these aren't the drones I'm looking for.
Re: Official Hasbro Images for New and Upcoming Power Core Combiners (1111837)
Posted by --B-- on August 11th, 2010 @ 2:17pm CDT
Damn, could Doubleclutch's regular bot mode suck any more? I know that sometimes you have to sacrifice a little for other modes, but that's freakin red-ick-u-lous!
Re: Official Hasbro Images for New and Upcoming Power Core Combiners (1111840)
Posted by AutobotTrainer on August 11th, 2010 @ 2:21pm CDT
All are shelf rotters. I might pick up on clearance as I'm quite sure there will be many.
Re: Official Hasbro Images for New and Upcoming Power Core Combiners (1111845)
Posted by Jetstorm92210 on August 11th, 2010 @ 2:27pm CDT
Darkray, somebody at Hasbro probably likes Pokemon from what I see.
Re: Official Hasbro Images for New and Upcoming Power Core Combiners (1111846)
Posted by Senator Ratbat on August 11th, 2010 @ 2:27pm CDT
I gotta say, I'm actually digging these PCCs. They may not be as snazzy-looking as the Movieverse or Universe/Generations stuff, but I like that they're keeping the minicon combiner concept alive long after Armada. And besides, they're all cheap - perfect for desk armies, if not shelf display. Darkstream looks pretty cool, and Mudslinger is an instant purchase for me. Windburn looks like an Autobot with that color scheme, though. Double Clutch as Defensor is a nice homage, especially since he's one of the least respected/homaged G1 gestalts (second up from Computron...). None of these are as cool as Bombshock or Smolder, though.
Re: Official Hasbro Images for New and Upcoming Power Core Combiners (1111867)
Posted by Colinus Maximus on August 11th, 2010 @ 2:46pm CDT
Mudslinger and Doubleclutch, one each on the shelves at the Monona Wisconsin Wal-mart.
Re: Official Hasbro Images for New and Upcoming Power Core Combiners (1111878)
Posted by autobot-jolt on August 11th, 2010 @ 2:51pm CDT
dirtysteve wrote:I picked up my first 5 pack the other day, Skyburst/Arielbots. I think it'll be my last. Apart from the lousy paint application, and fiddly combination, the toys are just boring. The main bot is very simplistic, with no great features, and the drones aren't really exciting, even at the concept level. It would be okay if the combined bot was great, but it's not.

I was happy to see new combiners, but these aren't the drones I'm looking for.

I have Mudslinger; he's pretty awesome. And Skyburst isn't the best 5-pack. Don't let that pack neglect you from buying more! As for me, I'm sorta digging Windburn. Anyone care to tell me how good Searchlight is? I don't have him yet.
Re: Official Hasbro Images for New and Upcoming Power Core Combiners (1111879)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 11th, 2010 @ 2:54pm CDT
autobot-jolt wrote:

I was happy to see new combiners, but these aren't the drones I'm looking for.

Searchlight is pretty good, the only real downsides are that his rotors have to be removed for transformation, and that the rotors themselves are not the same: the front one has 4 blades while the back one has 3.
Re: Official Hasbro Images for New and Upcoming Power Core Combiners (1111910)
Posted by Mykltron on August 11th, 2010 @ 3:42pm CDT
I shall pass on all of these. The new 5packs look awful.
Re: Official Hasbro Images for New and Upcoming Power Core Combiners (1111935)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 11th, 2010 @ 5:23pm CDT
Even though a ton of people are saying it, I'm still not seeing how Darkstream is a Starscream homage. Other than that, I'm gonna say this again, but is it just me, or does Double Clutch's combiner head look a lot like Jazz here? Just give hm the appropriate color scheme and he'd make a pretty good G1 Jazz. :lol: ;)
Re: Official Hasbro Images for New and Upcoming Power Core Combiners (1111940)
Posted by UM Prime on August 11th, 2010 @ 5:29pm CDT
destructacons are gross man i am not liking power core combiners g1 and energon combiners look better than these so does legends devastator
Re: Official Hasbro Images for New and Upcoming Power Core Combiners (1111943)
Posted by Tyrannotaur on August 11th, 2010 @ 5:31pm CDT
Jetstorm9221 wrote:Darkray, somebody at Hasbro probably likes Pokemon from what I see.

Well they did have the franchise for a bit. Fun fact, Transformer names make great nicknames for Pokemon in the GBA/DS games. Starscream the Skarmory approves of this.

I'm just waiting on the Dinobots.
Re: Official Hasbro Images for New and Upcoming Power Core Combiners (1111961)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on August 11th, 2010 @ 5:54pm CDT
That really sucks about the change in Minicon colours. Especially Beacon - he seems solid, I liked how all the 'cons were translucent.

Other than that, good golly miss molly. I am loving this line :D
Re: Official Hasbro Images for New and Upcoming Power Core Combiners (1111973)
Posted by Flux Convoy on August 11th, 2010 @ 6:20pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
autobot-jolt wrote:

I was happy to see new combiners, but these aren't the drones I'm looking for.

The rotors don't need to be removed. I've transformed him a few times now and have never taken them off.

Beacon looks like garbage. I love the mold for him but opaque is blah. Transparent red though? I'd buy that. The- mini-con reuses otherwise look pretty decent.
:BOT:
Re: Official Hasbro Images for New and Upcoming Power Core Combiners (1112033)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 11th, 2010 @ 8:10pm CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
autobot-jolt wrote:

I was happy to see new combiners, but these aren't the drones I'm looking for.

:BOT:

I still haven't acquired a PCC yet, 2-pack or 5-pack. If anything, it's gonna be a 5-back that will be my first PCC buy, most notably Bruti-I mean, Bombshock. Getting Skyburst as Silverbolt, Bombshock as Onslaught, Double Clutch just for the drones (and a temporary Jazz), Crankcase as Motormaster, Constructicons as G1 Constructicons, Sledge as G1 Scrapper, I could go on forever (unfortunately, I can't, because I can't remember the other PCC's-that-I-want's names. Whew, what a breather....

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "SIDE BURN PRINT; 2011 Transformers Club Exclusive Art Print by Casey Coller" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight TLK Premier Edition Leader Stormreign (Dragonstorm)" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Leader Class Shockwave MISB" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON RATCHET WALGREEN'S DELUXE MISB VHTF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Earthrise Autobot Lot Bumblebee Mirage" on EBAY
Buy "transformers tfcc tfss 1.0 Breakdown" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers / SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON sound wave SG24" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Netflix Walmart Quintesson Deseeus Army Drone NEW" on EBAY