Transformers News: Official hi-res images and product descriptions of Studio Series toys revealed at Paris Comic-Con 18

Friday, October 26th, 2018 8:43PM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: notirishman   Views: 25,680

Earlier today, we posted a news article on the stock photos for the toys revealed at Paris Comic-Con 2018. Now, we have some nice and big hi-res images of the new toys, which also lack the black background of the previous images. we also have product descriptions, telling us the toys' number, accessories, and more. Check them out below, and tell us your thoughts in the Pub forums below!

Reach past the big screen and build the ultimate TRANSFORMERS collection with Studio Series figures (each sold separately), inspired by iconic movie scenes and designed with specs and details to reflect the TRANSFORMERS movie universe.

Transformers News: Official hi-res images and product descriptions of Studio Series Toys Revealed at Paris Comic-Con 18
Transformers Studio Series 33 Voyager Class Movie 1 Bonecrusher Action Figure
(Ages 8 and up)
The Studio Series 33 Voyager Class Movie 1 BONECRUSHER figure converts from robot to General Dynamics Buffalo MPCV mode in 33 steps. The 6.5-inch figure features vivid, movie-inspired deco and a detailed claw attached to the figure that’s modeled after the one BONECRUSHER uses to thrash at his enemies in the film. Figure scale reflects the character’s size in the world of TRANSFORMERS Movie 1. Premium figure and packaging are inspired by the iconic Highway Showdown scene where BONECRUSHER tackles OPTIMUS PRIME off a highway overpass, viciously thrashing at his enemy with his razor-sharp claw. Perfect for fans looking for a more advanced converting figure. Available at most major retailers and on HasbroToyShop.com.

Transformers Studio Series 32 Voyager Class Movie 1 Optimus Prime Action Figure
(Ages 8 and up)
The Studio Series 32 Voyager Class Movie 1 OPTIMUS PRIME figure converts from robot to truck mode in 37 steps. The 6.5-inch figure features vivid, movie-inspired deco and includes a detailed weapon accessory – a blaster weapon accessory modeled after the weapon OPTIMUS PRIME uses in the film. Figure scale reflects the character’s size in the world of TRANSFORMERS Movie 1. Premium figure and packaging are inspired by the iconic Highway Showdown scene where OPTIMUS PRIME waits for the perfect moment to strike as he fends off the ferocious BONECRUSHER on a highway underpass. Perfect for fans looking for a more advanced converting figure. Available at most major retailers and on HasbroToyShop.com.

Transformers Studio Series 35 Leader Class Revenge of the Fallen Movie Jetfire Action Figure
(Ages 8 and up)
The Studio Series 35 Voyager Class JETFIRE figure features vivid, movie-inspired deco and converts from robot to jet mode in 36 steps. The 8.5-inch figure includes 3 detailed accessories including cane and battle axe accessories. Figure scale reflects the character’s size in the world of TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN. Premium figure and packaging are inspired by the iconic Pyramid Desert Battle scene where JETFIRE makes the ultimate sacrifice, heroically giving up his parts to restore and strengthen OPTIMUS PRIME. Imagine this scene and use parts from this JETFIRE figure to convert the 32 Voyager OPTIMUS PRIME figure into JETWING OPTIMUS PRIME! (Sold separately. Subject to availability.) Perfect for fans looking for a more advanced converting figure. Available at most major retailers and on HasbroToyShop.com.
Re: Official hi-res images and product descriptions of Studio Series toys revealed at Paris Comic-Con 18 (1991265)
Posted by o.supreme on October 26th, 2018 @ 8:58pm CDT

Also I do see there are some technical differences with the current RotF Voyager, and this new Movie 1 Prime, but they really didn't change in between films. I never thought I'd say this, but this is one time it should have been a straight up repaint, but it wasn't ...how very odd. But Still I'm glad. This is one I was hoping would happen. The other, being Devstator...I know is going to be more complicated, if ever done :-s
Re: Official hi-res images and product descriptions of Studio Series toys revealed at Paris Comic-Con 18 (1991268)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on October 26th, 2018 @ 9:13pm CDT
I'm really only doing 2007 movie figure. All things considered I have alot of nostalgia for the hype around the movie, the excitement, the fanboyoutrage, crazy weird toys after Galaxy Force. Seeing that Studio Series bonecrusher and comparing it my 11 year old Jungle bonecrusher really makes me excited. Though I will say not sure if i'll double dip on prime just for a slightly more more movie accurate chest, gun, and brighter color pallet. I might totally get Jetfire, I totally missed out on the ROTF one, plus it's always nice to get another Blackbird robo!
Re: Official hi-res images and product descriptions of Studio Series toys revealed at Paris Comic-Con 18 (1991270)
Posted by Randomhero on October 26th, 2018 @ 9:21pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:Well it looks like I'll be making my first SS purchase with Jetfire. Although I am confused...why would they have him combine with Movie 1 Prime? Shouldn't it be with the RotF Prime which is currently out?

Because he combines with Jetfire they retooled bits to make him do that and to be closer accurate to the movies
Re: Official hi-res images and product descriptions of Studio Series toys revealed at Paris Comic-Con 18 (1991271)
Posted by notirishman on October 26th, 2018 @ 9:23pm CDT

Since they already sold a ROTF Voyager Optimus that didn't combine with Jetfire, they probably just rebranded him to differentiate the old one and this one to the stores that buy them.
Re: Official hi-res images and product descriptions of Studio Series toys revealed at Paris Comic-Con 18 (1991272)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on October 26th, 2018 @ 9:33pm CDT
After spending most of today trying to figure out why my back was suddenly in agony and trying to fix it, I finally have time to comment on this, yay (why do I have back pain I'm barely an adult)!

All these look good, although Megatron seems a bit iffy. His Mad Max tanker mode looks amazing, but his robot mode is lacking in that picture. Optimus is surprisingly way better than the previous SS one, the mouthplate and the brighter colors make him pop a lot more, and Bonecrusher is a vast improvement from his old Deluxe. I'm also glad they made Jetfire able to combine, as someone whose first exposure to TF media was the Unicron Trilogy I always get happy and nostalgic when I see Optimus-Jetfire combined modes.

That being said, the only one of these I'm going to be picking up is Bonecrusher. I don't need another OP or Megatron, and I prefer Jetfire to be less creepy old man. Bonecrusher though, I have a space for, as I love the Movie Constructicon designs (and Bonecrusher, as he only kinda counts) way more than the G1 versions, and I'm mostly just involved in SS to fill out my Decepticon ranks.

So yeah, I can't wait to grab my new SS-31 Bonecrusher when he's out, he'll be my first SS Voyager figure-wait.

Wait, Bonecrusher's SS-ThirtyTHREE? :shock:

WHO'S 31!?!?
Re: Official hi-res images and product descriptions of Studio Series toys revealed at Paris Comic-Con 18 (1991273)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 26th, 2018 @ 9:37pm CDT
notirishman wrote:

Also, he's paired with Bonecrusher, referencing the highway battle scene in the first movie.
Re: Official hi-res images and product descriptions of Studio Series toys revealed at Paris Comic-Con 18 (1991274)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on October 26th, 2018 @ 9:41pm CDT
I really hope those wheels in Bonecrusher's feet roll and aren't just solid fake wheels. His roller derby of death was one of my favorite things about him.
Re: Official hi-res images and product descriptions of Studio Series toys revealed at Paris Comic-Con 18 (1991275)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on October 26th, 2018 @ 10:13pm CDT
Re: Official hi-res images and product descriptions of Studio Series toys revealed at Paris Comic-Con 18 (1991277)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 26th, 2018 @ 10:18pm CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:So, here's a question. How are they marketing Jetfire? As an Autobot or Decepticon? Cause he had the con brands, but his description implies they'll brand him an Autobot

The same way they marketed him back in 2009 ;)
Re: Official hi-res images and product descriptions of Studio Series toys revealed at Paris Comic-Con 18 (1991279)
Posted by CommunistPrime on October 26th, 2018 @ 10:25pm CDT
With DOTM megatron and Jetfire beings two of the three leaders in the lineup for next year, I’m still confused on who the third one will be :-?
Re: Official hi-res images and product descriptions of Studio Series toys revealed at Paris Comic-Con 18 (1991280)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 26th, 2018 @ 10:49pm CDT
My biggest takeaway from this is how the term "Movie 1" has now become an official descriptor!
Re: Official hi-res images and product descriptions of Studio Series toys revealed at Paris Comic-Con 18 (1991281)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 26th, 2018 @ 10:56pm CDT
It's been a while since I was genuinely exited for movie figures. Guess I'll get all 3.
Re: Official hi-res images and product descriptions of Studio Series toys revealed at Paris Comic-Con 18 (1991283)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on October 26th, 2018 @ 11:22pm CDT

Why would they have him combine with Movie 1 Prime and not the ROTF-labeled one that's currently out? Because Movie 1 Prime has been modified to actually support the combination. And to have a chest that doesn't look like it used the 2007 Optimus toys for reference.

As I stated previously, the only change to Optimus' body between Movie 1 and RotF is just that he's a bit more weathered in robot mode. It's a very minor cosmetic thing. There is literally no reason you can't use "Movie 1" Optimus for ROTF scenes. Obviously you'd have to borrow the inferior previous version's swords for some of it, but then you'd have to do that for his fight with Bonecrusher anyway.
Re: Official hi-res images and product descriptions of Studio Series toys revealed at Paris Comic-Con 18 (1991293)
Posted by Bucky on October 27th, 2018 @ 2:15am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Well said Bucky.

Thanks, Zero. ;)^

Carnivius_Prime wrote:I mean I love the current Studio Series Optimus Prime and he's been one of the most fun TF figures I've ever owned. Frickin' love his proportions and posability more than any other Prime. And this new one is even better. The new chest looks great (and yay for blue doors on there this time) and I like how the wheel parts on the upper legs are much more streamlined now too. Also can use the swords from the first one with this one too. And I like how the new backpack isn't so square too. And of course I'll add paint to the new one and buy another set of Toyhax Studio Prime stickers to add the flames. :D

I think that you and I are in a very small minority on these boards, of people who actually really like the first SS Prime. Despite his flaws, which are primarily his bulky chest and dark color scheme, he’s an absolutely stellar figure in my opinion. I feel that his playability, posability, and balance more than make up for his lack of screen accuracy. I realize that said lack of screen accuracy does make him a deviation from the line’s intent, but at the end of the day I strangely find myself not caring, Wave 1 Prime is just plain fun. I could be wrong here, but if he weren’t in a line dedicated to scale and on screen aesthetics, I don’t think as many people would feel so negatively about him.

That being said, I am totally ready to get this new Prime as soon as he hits shelves or HTS. He looks phenomenal.

The more I look at these shots and renders, the more excited I get. There’s a notable improvement in the quality and accuracy of these figures, when compared to their respective predecessors. And the sculpting in this line thus far can’t be overstated. I don’t think it’s far fetched to say that Has/Tak, by and large, are giving those of us who are movie toy fans what we want.

I had been on the fence for a long while, hemming and hawing about whether or not I should pick up the Movie Best Bonecrusher, because I really wanted a Bonecrusher, and never got the original release. Now I’m glad that I debated with myself as much as I did. I’m sure the original one is an “okay” figure, but this is closer to what I want from a figure of that character,

As much as I do like the first Jetfire, this new one looks to have done away with all his major flaws. The end result is a more streamlined, screen accurate representation. As it’s been pointed out, his noggin does appear to be a little oversized, but I think he did have a largish head in the movie. In any event, they did away with the horrible electronic components (a gimmick in toys which I haven’t enjoyed or used since childhood), and a good amount of the kibble. I never understood what those dangly parts were for in the original toy. They don’t even tab in anywhere.

I’m sure someone else has to have brought this up before, but I think part of the reason why I’m in love with this line is because it’s very meat and potatoes. It has a simple mission statement; on screen characters, screen accuracy and scale. With the exception of the KSI troop builder and Shadow Raider (an argument could be made for the sheer volume of ‘Bees but he does vary from film to film, and some are exclusives) there’s little filler. Or at least it isn’t egregious.

There’s also no line wide gimmick, for which I am immensely grateful. Most of the time, I feel that gimmicks hamper a line, and hold back its potential. The only stand out exception I can think of was Titans Return, because it worked well for the line, most of the time, and because I have a lot of love for Headmasters. But there’s no electronics, no oversized spring loaded weapons, no auto morphing, no combining, no linking, no armor, no weird swirly paint/plastic, no pack-in comics to justify a price point for an undersized line of figures. None of that. It really is like the early Generations version of a comprehensive movie line of toys. And I really appreciate that. I’m not a fan of gimmicks in general.

...except, and I’m just putting this out there, I do kind of miss C-clips. I don’t even know if that could be called a full fledged gimmick though. Those were cool.
Re: Official hi-res images and product descriptions of Studio Series toys revealed at Paris Comic-Con 18 (1991296)
Posted by Agent 53 on October 27th, 2018 @ 3:12am CDT
notirishman wrote:Earlier today, we posted a Imagine this scene and use parts from this JETFIRE figure to convert the 32 Voyager OPTIMUS PRIME figure into JETWING OPTIMUS PRIME!

Yes! Jetwing prime will be a partsformer combination!
Re: Official hi-res images and product descriptions of Studio Series toys revealed at Paris Comic-Con 18 (1991299)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 27th, 2018 @ 3:26am CDT
Bucky wrote:*lots of stuff bucky wrote*

I agree with pretty much everything you put in that big post. :) Yes to the first SS Prime and to this new improved upgrade, yes to Jetfire, yes to 'meat and potatoes', yes to no forced gimmick (the g1 dinobots did not need to be combiners... and grimlock in particular suffered).

I said it before but this is my absolute fave toyline in years. of any franchise. Certainly the one I've completed the most of. Usually I'm a very picky/choosey person with any toyline but I have the vast majority of Studio Series figures already and I'm already eager to spend my monies on all these new ones and the deluxes shown a lil while ago (barricade, sideswipe, WWII bee. So damn glad this is a thing. :D
Re: Official hi-res images and product descriptions of Studio Series toys revealed at Paris Comic-Con 18 (1991301)
Posted by Bucky on October 27th, 2018 @ 3:37am CDT
I completely agree. I was debating whether I liked Titans Return more, or if it was tied with SS for me. I think I’ve been more impressed with SS over all though. There’s a few figures that are flat out spectacular, and fun. Starscream is an amazing toy, Grimlock’s patina-like paint job is stunning, and Blackout is still my favorite SS figure so far. TR was more conservative. Maybe if it had the same level of quality and attention to detail that Legends had, I’d say it beats SS, but Hasbro fell short of Takara’s standards.
Re: Official hi-res images and product descriptions of Studio Series toys revealed at Paris Comic-Con 18 (1991307)
Posted by Black Hat on October 27th, 2018 @ 6:22am CDT
Bonecrusher looks amazing. Like, sure there look to be some minor inaccuracies (and I sorta miss the extendo-arms of the old toy, which IIRC was movie-accurate) but in terms of being a good looking, fun toy, barring any horrendous QC smeg-ups this should be top notch.

I'm torn though- I want him a lot but I'm not sure if he'd just be Bayverse Bonecrusher or Earth mode Strika. Which sounds like lunacy I know, but considering both turn into big 6-wheeled military vehicles and have somewhat monstrous robot modes (and Strika was always rather androgynous)...

Jetfire looks cool, but I do wish his SR-71 mode was a bit cleaner underneath. I know he has to combine though, so eh.

Optimus looks nice but I don't need him.
Re: Official hi-res images and product descriptions of Studio Series toys revealed at Paris Comic-Con 18 (1991310)
Posted by MeGrimlock78 on October 27th, 2018 @ 7:53am CDT
If Jetfire partsforms to make Jetwing Optimus...does that mean pieces like the nose of the plane and the engines are simply taken off to transform Jetfire to robot mode? Because I'm having a hard time seeing those parts in the robot mode pics.

Not sure how I feel about that, though I did remove the screws holding the jet nose on ROTF Jetfire for a more accurate robot mode...
Re: Official hi-res images and product descriptions of Studio Series toys revealed at Paris Comic-Con 18 (1991311)
Posted by noctorro on October 27th, 2018 @ 8:00am CDT
Look okay but can't get myself to like them.

I hate Jetfire's design, an old grumpy farting hunchback man.

Bonecrusher being some sort of ogre mutant monkey with a bughead.

Not excited about these. Not only because I find the designs hidious, but the characters suck (well, Bonecrusher doesn't even have a character).

Here's hoping every single Bumblebee movie character will get a toy. Because Transformers isn't Transformers, Bumblebee is Transformers.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

Buy "Nemesis Prime Spinister Thrilling 30 Complete Legends Generations Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Beachcomber Collection 3 100% Complete Micro Changers Kre-O Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Divebomb Tech Specs 1986 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Beachcomber Tech Specs Mini 1985 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Cutthroat Tech Specs 1987 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Dreadwind Tech Specs Powermasters 1988 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Blot 100% Complete 1987 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers" on EBAY