Official Image of Botcon 2010 Spark Robot Mode

Official Image of Botcon 2010 Spark Robot Mode

Friday, April 16th, 2010 8:38pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 34,899

The very first exclusive figure of 2010 Botcon revealed is Autobot Spark, and we have seen the toy images from our previous news here.

Official Botcon website has just updated their website with the image of Spark in robot mode. From the official image, it is confirmed that Spark will not received a brand new head sculpt. This figure will be just a straight repaint of Classic/Henkei Inferno.

You can always head to official Botcon website to view the latest development here.

Stay tuned to Seibertron, Ultimate Resource of Transformers!

Credit(s): Botcon

Re: Official Image of Botcon 2010 Spark Robot Mode (1065322)
Posted by Mkall on April 16th, 2010 @ 8:47pm CDT
Anyone just starting the hobby will look at that thing and go WTF??

I look at that thing and say Holy Cow I Want One!
Re: Official Image of Botcon 2010 Spark Robot Mode (1065323)
Posted by Bed Bugs on April 16th, 2010 @ 8:50pm CDT

Otherwise, Spark is totally awesome. I look forward to getting him with the rest of the set.
Re: Official Image of Botcon 2010 Spark Robot Mode (1065325)
Posted by Megazarak on April 16th, 2010 @ 8:54pm CDT
Re: Official Image of Botcon 2010 Spark Robot Mode (1065329)
Posted by Prime Evil on April 16th, 2010 @ 8:57pm CDT
Well...I guess that means the new head molds may be going to Streetwise and Clench as well as Breakdown...I'm cool with that.
Re: Official Image of Botcon 2010 Spark Robot Mode (1065331)
Posted by Burn on April 16th, 2010 @ 8:59pm CDT
Mkall wrote:Holy Cow I Want One!

You say that about everything new release! Heck, sometimes I think you and Blurrz are the same person because of it! :P
Re: Official Image of Botcon 2010 Spark Robot Mode (1065332)
Posted by First-Aid on April 16th, 2010 @ 9:01pm CDT
Megazarak wrote:He looks pretty cool and definitely has a unique colour scheme. The altered Autobot insignia also looks pretty good.

I think that insignia was the new Autobot logo for G2...and don't quote me, but I think it was also used as the logo in Machine Wars...but that was a long time ago and I'm really old now...
Re: Official Image of Botcon 2010 Spark Robot Mode (1065333)
Posted by Mkall on April 16th, 2010 @ 9:07pm CDT
Burn wrote:
Mkall wrote:Holy Cow I Want One!

Only because I'm giddy there's something non-movie design. 98% of those I've left on the store shelves.
Re: Official Image of Botcon 2010 Spark Robot Mode (1065334)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on April 16th, 2010 @ 9:12pm CDT
Fender Bender wrote:There is only one thing I don't like about Spark, and that's the painted on pink windows that show up on the sides of his vehicle mode. That pink just looks out of place to me.

The color scheme of G2 toys were like the Sixth Doctor's coat: totally tasteless and offensive to the eyes.
Re: Official Image of Botcon 2010 Spark Robot Mode (1065339)
Posted by Shadowstream on April 16th, 2010 @ 9:49pm CDT
Re: Official Image of Botcon 2010 Spark Robot Mode (1065348)
Posted by Mkall on April 16th, 2010 @ 10:21pm CDT
Shadowstream wrote:So they were serious about keeping the Inferno head? Lame. Seems these past few years Botcon Exclusives are really going downhill.

Re: Official Image of Botcon 2010 Spark Robot Mode (1065350)
Posted by Liftgate on April 16th, 2010 @ 10:31pm CDT
I totally hated this G2 crap at first, but it's grown on me and now I love it.

Mkall wrote:To be honest, it's close enough to be the "Prime Wannabe" look they're going for. I think that the figs that get the new heads will truely deserve them.

Right. This isn't bad, this mold hasn't been reused to death, let the others that need some improvement get the new sculpts. Pete says there's going to be 2-4 figures getting new noggins, we've already seen one of them, so 1 or 2 more to go.
Re: Official Image of Botcon 2010 Spark Robot Mode (1065353)
Posted by Overcracker on April 16th, 2010 @ 10:42pm CDT
Awesomesauce, the garish eye-searing G2 colors work well here.

But why Spark? Anybody know why he's not Pyro? Spark is just lame.
Re: Official Image of Botcon 2010 Spark Robot Mode (1065357)
Posted by T-Macksimus on April 16th, 2010 @ 11:22pm CDT
Mkall wrote:Anyone just starting the hobby will look at that thing and go WTF??

I've been collecting since '84 and it's safe to say that WTF was the first thought that went through my head. I'm a professional painter/Cabinet finisher and I've had to deal with odd requests from customers over the years for room and cabinet colors and I thank Primus that I have never had to deal with anything as obnoxious as those colors. I love the mold but as far as my own personal opinion goes, the G2 colors were best left back in the G2 days. For those of you that do like them, that's cool. I'm glad to see that there are folks that are pleased with the way these exclusive are going and, in all honesty, I did happen to like the first figure of this set that they showed us. I'm going to reserve my own final judgement for when I see the entire set. I'm trying to be objective and not let my work related sense of color coordination and design cloud my judgement but it is really hard for me to fight the urge.
Re: Official Image of Botcon 2010 Spark Robot Mode (1065359)
Posted by Mkall on April 16th, 2010 @ 11:24pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:Awesomesauce, the garish eye-searing G2 colors work well here.

But why Spark? Anybody know why he's not Pyro? Spark is just lame.

I believe Spark was the US name from this mold. Pyro was the European name.

And I like Pyro better too. That's what I'm calling him when he's on my shelf.
Re: Official Image of Botcon 2010 Spark Robot Mode (1065366)
Posted by Liftgate on April 16th, 2010 @ 11:55pm CDT

But why Spark? Anybody know why he's not Pyro? Spark is just lame.

Umm, maybe because Pyro sounds like a villain? I think of the dude from X-men when I hear that name, or Donald Sutherland's character from Backdraft.

Why is everyone so obsessed with this characters european name? Should we just start calling everyone by foreign names? Prime is now Convoy? How about Drill Nuts? Can we just start calling Drill Bit, Drill Nuts instead?
Re: Official Image of Botcon 2010 Spark Robot Mode (1065368)
Posted by Savage on April 17th, 2010 @ 12:15am CDT
Looks great. I would have liked a head remold, but honestly, the change would have been so slight that in the end I feel a new head is best reserved for someone else. I'm betting Clench gets a new head, and maybe Skybyte, or perhaps one of the add-on figures.
Re: Official Image of Botcon 2010 Spark Robot Mode (1065375)
Posted by Seibertron on April 17th, 2010 @ 2:21am CDT
Mkall wrote:

But why Spark? Anybody know why he's not Pyro? Spark is just lame.

I believe Spark was the US name from this mold. Pyro was the European name.

And I like Pyro better too. That's what I'm calling him when he's on my shelf.

The original version of this character was never released in the US.

Pyro was his end-of-the-line G1 name. When the figure was repackaged as a G2 figure the following year, his name was Spark. I own the G2 versions of Pyro and Clench which are called Spark and Colossus.
Re: Official Image of Botcon 2010 Spark Robot Mode (1065377)
Posted by Torneira on April 17th, 2010 @ 2:53am CDT
If Drag Strip had these same colours, he would be known as Drag Queen instead lol
Re: Official Image of Botcon 2010 Spark Robot Mode (1065390)
Posted by Tigertrack on April 17th, 2010 @ 5:01am CDT
Looks good!

I have a sneaking suspicion that Breakdown and Streetwise will both use the same retooled head. 'Close enough' as they would say.
Re: Official Image of Botcon 2010 Spark Robot Mode (1065404)
Posted by Samsonator on April 17th, 2010 @ 6:59am CDT
See, if they go for the G2 name for Pyro/Spark... then why is Clench not Colossus? I think we have a definite issue of name availability at work here.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters - Ultra Magnus - Voyager Autobot 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Beast Hunters Leader Class Optimus Prime Dragon Assault 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Zeta Toys EX-06O Oriprime Optimus Prime MP Scale Toy Transformers MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ripclaw" on EBAY