Official Image of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Quickslinger and Brake-Neck

Official Image of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Quickslinger and Brake-Neck

Tuesday, March 24th, 2015 5:03pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Company News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 38,295

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

We've had the teaser from the official Transformers Facebook page, how about actual confirmation for the upcoming Hasbro releases for Generations Combiner Wars Slingshot and Wildrider? Or rather Quickslinger and Brake-Neck, as they will now be named, and featuring the Takara Tomy counterpart headsculpts too with tweaked decos - check them out below!

Ask, and you shall receive. Here are the Generations Combiner Wars Quickslinger and Brake-Neck. They’ll be joining the battle and hitting online retailers in May!


Transformers News: Official Image of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Quickslinger and Break-Neck

Credit(s): Transformers Facebook


This article was last modified on Tuesday, March 24th, 2015 6:10pm CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Official Image of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Quickslinger and Brake-Neck (1666498)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 24th, 2015 @ 5:04pm CDT
Yotsuyasan wrote:Disclaimer: Totally not mine! But I came across this on the TFW2005 forums, and thought it was worth sharing:

Image

If I had the Energon Optimus Prime's trailer and drones... and, of course, those 3D printed adapters... this would be a cool option of what to do with Combiner Wars Optimus Prime!
That's...horrifying. Separately those figures (CW Prime and Energon Prime) are bad enough, but together? :SICK: :SICK: :SICK:
Re: Official Image of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Quickslinger and Brake-Neck (1666502)
Posted by Thadicon on March 24th, 2015 @ 5:08pm CDT
Definitely going to do my best to get that Wildrider. Offroad is still quite cool he may not be an original G1 character but he does look quite good in my books so I will keep him as part of the team or if I can find a fan mode to combine him with Menasor. Maybe fill out Menasor's back a little.

I was looking at the colors and Wildrider and Offroad have alot of differences which is nice too even the shade of grey looks darker on Wildrider but that could just be the lighting.
Re: Official Image of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Quickslinger and Brake-Neck (1666504)
Posted by Noideaforaname on March 24th, 2015 @ 5:08pm CDT
Fantastic! :APPLAUSE:
And they didn't do anything screwy like give them green combiner hands.


... although, I now kinda wish Offroad and Alpha Bravo were a bit more distinct, instead of placeholder-these-guys colored. Particularly Offroad since it's easier to add him to the already-varied Stunticons.
Hear that Hasbro? MOAR REPAINTS!
Re: Official Image of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Quickslinger and Brake-Neck (1666509)
Posted by Yotsuyasan on March 24th, 2015 @ 5:12pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:That's...horrifying. Separately those figures (CW Prime and Energon Prime) are bad enough, but together? :SICK: :SICK: :SICK:


Horrifying / awesome... To-may-to / to-mah-to.

I will admit I agree on Energon Optimus being a bad figure... Although I wouldn't be opposed to owning one someday if I had a chance to grab one cheap, it is the one major iteration of Optimus I have never owned a toy of. (I didn't pick up any AOE Optimus Primes, but it is the same character as the first three Bay films, so that counts as one "iteration.")

But I do like the Combiner Wars Prime better than I thought I would! (He'll be even better once I get Reprolabels to cover up the unpainted grey on his alt mode.) And he looks good with those Energon limbs on!

I'm surprised the person who took those photos didn't leave Optimus's chest open. In other cases, I'd think it looks better closed. But since the open chest looks so much like it was paying homage to Energon Optimus anyway, you'd think it would be a perfect time to showcase it.
Re: Official Image of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Quickslinger and Brake-Neck (1666513)
Posted by Blastback on March 24th, 2015 @ 5:21pm CDT
Great! :DANCE: I like Offroad and Alpha Bravo as aditions to their respective teams, same with Rook. Just didn't want to see the originals completley replaced. But all the original characters and new ones? Right up my alley.
Re: Official Image of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Quickslinger and Brake-Neck (1666514)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 24th, 2015 @ 5:22pm CDT
So I guess my Alpha Bravo and my already-paid-for-and-shipping-soon Offroad will be making their way to my customization planning board.

Great news for sticklers of Generation One accuracy. I did like both new additions of the Aerialbots and Stunticons, but to have the full set of guys is really a sigh of relief.
Re: Official Image of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Quickslinger and Brake-Neck (1666521)
Posted by Deadput on March 24th, 2015 @ 5:47pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote: That's...horrifying. Separately those figures (CW Prime and Energon Prime) are bad enough, but together? :SICK: :SICK: :SICK:



Energon Prime by himself is the only thing your right about.



I don't see what your glitch is with CW Prime I have him and he makes a good figure.
Re: Official Image of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Quickslinger and Brake-Neck (1666523)
Posted by Super Megatron on March 24th, 2015 @ 5:51pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Yotsuyasan wrote:Disclaimer: Totally not mine! But I came across this on the TFW2005 forums, and thought it was worth sharing:

Image

If I had the Energon Optimus Prime's trailer and drones... and, of course, those 3D printed adapters... this would be a cool option of what to do with Combiner Wars Optimus Prime!
That's...horrifying. Separately those figures (CW Prime and Energon Prime) are bad enough, but together? :SICK: :SICK: :SICK:


OMG That is one FUGLY toy. Here's hoping this is one Optimus cow Hasbro won't milk!
Re: Official Image of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Quickslinger and Brake-Neck (1666524)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 24th, 2015 @ 5:54pm CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote: That's...horrifying. Separately those figures (CW Prime and Energon Prime) are bad enough, but together? :SICK: :SICK: :SICK:
Energon Prime by himself is the only thing your right about.
It's not a matter of "right" or "wrong." It's an opinion.

I don't see what your glitch is with CW Prime I have him and he makes a good figure.
I don't have a "glitch." I don't like the figure. The vehicle mode is repulsive and the robot mode looks like it belongs in the Rescue Bots line. The mold is better represented by the Motormaster variant, but not by much. And when combined? Forget about it. That's why I'm easily passing on CW Menasor. Too bad, I actually like the other 4 Stunticons, even if Menasor and Motormaster are both underwhelming to me. But if you like them, that's fine. It's your opinion. Just because mine is different, doesn't make it "wrong."
Re: Official Image of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Quickslinger and Brake-Neck (1666525)
Posted by King Kuuga on March 24th, 2015 @ 5:55pm CDT
Primeultimus wrote:BREAK-NECK (WILDRIDER) + QUICKSLINGER (SLINGSHOT) REVEALED

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc14 ... tiahi7.jpg

Brake-Neck. It's wordplay. And it's also right there in the picture.
Re: Official Image of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Quickslinger and Brake-Neck (1666526)
Posted by Yotsuyasan on March 24th, 2015 @ 5:55pm CDT
Super Megatron wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Yotsuyasan wrote:(Some stuff I said.)
(Some stuff Rodimus said.)
(This space intentionally left blank.)


Huh?
Re: Official Image of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Quickslinger and Brake-Neck (1666527)
Posted by Deadput on March 24th, 2015 @ 5:59pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote: That's...horrifying. Separately those figures (CW Prime and Energon Prime) are bad enough, but together? :SICK: :SICK: :SICK:
Energon Prime by himself is the only thing your right about.
It's not a matter of "right" or "wrong." It's an opinion.

I don't see what your glitch is with CW Prime I have him and he makes a good figure.
I don't have a "glitch." I don't like the figure. The vehicle mode is repulsive and the robot mode looks like it belongs in the Rescue Bots line. The mold is better represented by the Motormaster variant, but not by much. And when combined? Forget about it. That's why I'm easily passing on CW Menasor. Too bad, I actually like the other 4 Stunticons, even if Menasor and Motormaster are both underwhelming to me. But if you like them, that's fine. It's your opinion. Just because mine is different, doesn't make it "wrong."


Never said you were wrong when I say thats the only thing your right about what I truly mean is that's the only thing I agree about I have a strange speech pattern.


How does it look like it belongs to Rescue bots when those toys are just transforming bricks?



Is it because he is blockish?



And what do you think is wrong with Menasor and Motermaster?
Re: Official Image of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Quickslinger and Brake-Neck (1666529)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 24th, 2015 @ 6:07pm CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:Never said you were wrong when I say thats the only thing your right about what I truly mean is that's the only thing I agree about I have a strange speech pattern.
Fair enough. But when you say "That's the only thing you're right about" it implies that you're saying I'm wrong about everything else I said.

How does it look like it belongs to Rescue bots when those toys are just transforming bricks?
That's exactly why.
Is it because he is blockish?
Very.

And what do you think is wrong with Menasor and Motermaster?
IMO, what's wrong with Motormaster is the same thing that's wrong with Prime, as they're the same mold. Except Motormaster doesn't look as bad, due to a better color scheme, as well as when being compared to its G1 original, it's very similar, with a few differences such as the feet. And what makes Menasor unlikable to me is that Motormaster, the centerpiece, is unlikable. The other 4, which I like, can only do so much to "dress up" the figure. Though I also dislike the way the whole front of the cars that form the legs are just folded down. That's actually another thing I don't like about either Menasor or Superion. The leg limbs are reversed when compared to their G1 counterparts.
Re: Official Image of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Quickslinger and Brake-Neck (1666533)
Posted by Super Megatron on March 24th, 2015 @ 6:12pm CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote: That's...horrifying. Separately those figures (CW Prime and Energon Prime) are bad enough, but together? :SICK: :SICK: :SICK:
Energon Prime by himself is the only thing your right about.
It's not a matter of "right" or "wrong." It's an opinion.

I don't see what your glitch is with CW Prime I have him and he makes a good figure.
I don't have a "glitch." I don't like the figure. The vehicle mode is repulsive and the robot mode looks like it belongs in the Rescue Bots line. The mold is better represented by the Motormaster variant, but not by much. And when combined? Forget about it. That's why I'm easily passing on CW Menasor. Too bad, I actually like the other 4 Stunticons, even if Menasor and Motormaster are both underwhelming to me. But if you like them, that's fine. It's your opinion. Just because mine is different, doesn't make it "wrong."


Never said you were wrong when I say thats the only thing your right about what I truly mean is that's the only thing I agree about I have a strange speech pattern.


How does it look like it belongs to Rescue bots when those toys are just transforming bricks?



Is it because he is blockish?



And what do you think is wrong with Menasor and Motermaster?


Aesthetically, the Optimus Prime thing looks like a Power Ranger and looks really out of place/WTF for it to belong to the TF Universe. Not saying that there won't be people out there that would spend a good chunk of money just because "it's an Optimus toy and they HAVE to buy it", but objectively, this toy configuration is a huge step backwards in terms of aesthetics, engineering, and ingenuity.
Re: Official Image of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Quickslinger and Brake-Neck (1666536)
Posted by King Kuuga on March 24th, 2015 @ 6:14pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:Though I also dislike the way the whole front of the cars that form the legs are just folded down.

.....which is exactly what the G1 versions did
That's actually another thing I don't like about either Menasor or Superion. The leg limbs are reversed when compared to their G1 counterparts.

Because the G1 combiners had no knee articulation. These do, and having a jet nosecone or a car hood behind your knee makes it hard to walk.
Re: Official Image of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Quickslinger and Brake-Neck (1666540)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 24th, 2015 @ 6:18pm CDT
So they are finally revealed and...meh what we were expecting. Hmm just realised that for UK buyers Forbidden planet may get these in as they are owned by diamond.
Re: Official Image of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Quickslinger and Brake-Neck (1666541)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 24th, 2015 @ 6:18pm CDT
That Bot wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:Though I also dislike the way the whole front of the cars that form the legs are just folded down.

.....which is exactly what the G1 versions did.
Yes, but having them behind the legs instead of out front made it much less noticeable.
That's actually another thing I don't like about either Menasor or Superion. The leg limbs are reversed when compared to their G1 counterparts.

Because the G1 combiners had no knee articulation. These do, and having a jet nosecone or a car hood behind your knee makes it hard to walk.
That's a good reason for the change. And if I saw correctly, in torso mode Silverbolt's fists fold back to the back of the knee, so the jet noses couldn't fit back there anyway. Once I put my Superion together after acquiring all the appropriate parts, I'll see if I can make it work. :D
Re: Official Image of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Quickslinger and Brake-Neck (1666546)
Posted by Yotsuyasan on March 24th, 2015 @ 6:27pm CDT
Super Megatron wrote:just because "it's an Optimus toy and they HAVE to buy it"


*cough*

Did someone say something?

Image

Wasn't sure if someone might have been talking to me...

Image

Nah, I must have been imagining things...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously, though... He may not be the best Optimus ever, but having him in hand, he is better than I thought he'd be. I like him! The only thing that really bugs me is the unpainted grey plastic in his alt mode, but fortunately I should be able to fix that next time I place a Reprolabels order:

Image
Re: Official Image of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Quickslinger and Brake-Neck (1666547)
Posted by Deadput on March 24th, 2015 @ 6:31pm CDT
Super Megatron wrote:

Aesthetically, the Optimus Prime thing looks like a Power Ranger and looks really out of place/WTF for it to belong to the TF Universe.



Except it doesn't look out of place at all it honestly doesn't.


Super Megatron wrote:
Not saying that there won't be people out there that would spend a good chunk of money just because "it's an Optimus toy and they HAVE to buy it",



Nobody buys it or any other transformer because the have too and saying so is ignorant.

They buy it because they want to because they might actually like the toy.



Super Megatron wrote:
but objectively, this toy configuration is a huge step backwards in terms of aesthetics, engineering, and ingenuity.


Uh how is it a step backwards?


It really is not that diffrent from any other Transformer toy from recent times.
Re: Official Image of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Quickslinger and Brake-Neck (1666549)
Posted by william-james88 on March 24th, 2015 @ 6:32pm CDT
All 4 Combiner Wars wave 2 deluxe class toys were spotted in Canada at a Walmart in Laval (on Saint Martin). This wave includes Air Raid, Dead End, Offroad and Breakdown. These are priced at 19.92 $ cdn and do not include the comic book due to language laws.

Image

Image

Image

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
Twincast / Podcast #273:
"Our Way to Oblivion"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Cybertron Voyager Vector Prime 2005 and Cybertron Buzzsaw" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Takara Legends LG36 Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "SCOURGE! Transformers Titans Return! Deluxe Class, Brand New!" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2013 TRANSFORMERS Machine Wars G1 Rainmakers Hotlink Single Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Titan Master Skytread New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "ThreeZero Studio ThreeA 3A Transformers Bumblebee Movie  DLX Diecast BLITZWING" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 64 Cliff jumper Bumblebee Movie" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TR WEIRDWOLF & Monxo - Titans Return Deluxe New HM Wolfwire" on EBAY