Official Images and MSRP Reveal for Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound

Transformers News: Official Images and MSRP Reveal for Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound

Thursday, June 6th, 2019 10:52AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 15,603

We finally have the full reveal of Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound. You will see all the accessories below, which includes some hologram effects and a cover for the back of the jeep. Speaking of the alt mode, we finally get a good look at it and it is perfect, as can be expected by now. The MSRP is indeed revealed to be 18000 Yen (about $160 USD) and the release date is end of December this year.

Below is a translation of what appears on Dengeki Hobby, please let us know what you think of this figure in our forums.

Parts list included. As replacement face parts are also included, you can enjoy the hound's look according to the scene by replacing it. Please add "MP-47 Hound" made by incorporating Takara Tomy's latest technology to your Transformers collection!

DATA
Transformers masterpiece
MP-47 hound

Target age 15 years old or older
Set contents: Hound body x 1 / laser scope x 1 / jerican x 1 / spare tire x 1 / spike figure x 1 / hologram figure x 1 / hologram effect x 1 / hood part x 1 / key of for 1 x 1 for exchange Face (smile) × 1 / Replacement face (scream) × 1 / Hologram gun × 1 / Side mirror (spare runner 1 set) × 1 / Character card × 1 / Manual × 1
Publisher: Takara Tomy
Price: 18,000 yen (excluding tax)
Scheduled for release in late December 2019

Credit(s): Dengeki Hobby
Re: Official Images and MSRP Reveal for Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2023613)
Posted by Grimlok59 on June 6th, 2019 @ 11:01am CDT
I wonder if they'll eventually release a MP+ version of this.
Re: Official Images and MSRP Reveal for Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2023614)
Posted by PadForce on June 6th, 2019 @ 11:04am CDT
Looks great.

Where do the back wheels go in bot mode?

He is smaller than ironhide, and dounle the price, wtf?
Re: Official Images and MSRP Reveal for Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2023615)
Posted by xMXUx on June 6th, 2019 @ 11:06am CDT
Transforming tires, hell yeah!
Re: Official Images and MSRP Reveal for Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2023616)
Posted by BumbleDouche on June 6th, 2019 @ 11:09am CDT
Not that I particularly care (human figures being consigned to the inside of Prime's trailer, out of sight where they belong), but it seems strange to go to the trouble of creating a more articulated Spike only to again deprive him of eyes...
Re: Official Images and MSRP Reveal for Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2023617)
Posted by ScottyP on June 6th, 2019 @ 11:11am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:I'm gonna wait for the Amazon Japan price before I continue my freakout.

I'm guessing Amazon Japan will be around $125 shipped

There's a very good chance that you won't be able to get this figure from Amazon Japan.

How do you come up with these notions?
Just preorded Cyberverse Grimlock on there no problem and that's a pretty new listing. Plenty of stuff shows as available to ship as long as it's sold by Amazon Japan and not a marketplace seller. FBA on there is a crapshoot, usually doesn't go global but sometimes it does. So yeah, no idea where this came from.

edit: Apparently there's a discussion on tfw about it because some Macross thing didn't ship global so there's general paranoia but I don't see any actual issues with TFs described. Apparently the "Jump to Conclusions" mat still ships global ;)
Re: Official Images and MSRP Reveal for Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2023619)
Posted by Beachjezus on June 6th, 2019 @ 11:19am CDT
$160 what a damn joke.

So twice the price of the other MP cars. Hmmmmm - you get a few accessories, how lucky for us. My god the official releases are more expensive than 3rd party now.
Re: Official Images and MSRP Reveal for Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2023623)
Posted by sol magnus on June 6th, 2019 @ 11:46am CDT
Gosh, darnit. I really want this. I'm supposed to be out...but they may have dragged me back in.
Re: Official Images and MSRP Reveal for Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2023624)
Posted by mentre83 on June 6th, 2019 @ 11:54am CDT
The price is a little too high for my tastes, even if Hound is a personal favourite.
Probably I'll take the risk and wait for a bit, to see if it becomes cheaper or if they plan to release a MP+ version, as I'd still like a bit more details on the robot mode.

A Detritus repaint would be tops too.
Re: Official Images and MSRP Reveal for Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2023626)
Posted by carytheone on June 6th, 2019 @ 11:59am CDT
ImageWell I guess it worked for Matt Damon in the Martian? :lol:

The tarp looks real nice in alt mode though. I'm very interested in whatever tire magic is going on with the back wheels :-?

And bring on the toy accurate plus deco already 8-)
Re: Official Images and MSRP Reveal for Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2023640)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 6th, 2019 @ 1:53pm CDT
Re: Official Images and MSRP Reveal for Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2023645)
Posted by william-james88 on June 6th, 2019 @ 3:00pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:Hound looks absolutely gorgeous! THIS is a true Masterpiece Transformer! I really like too how the canopy accessory matches colors with Hound's thighs and engine block. Letting him use the canopy as a shield is a nice little nod to Movie: The Best Hound as well. I know the price is off putting, but Takara's MSRP is always way higher than what actual stores eventually charge. I'm sure the price will come down a bit on the preorders in the next few weeks, now that the figure has been officially announced and revealed.

Since it will be easier, and we are looking at the full on price and what its sold in North America (since those are all the listings we have), Ironhide was sold at TFSource for $99 https://tfsource.com/masterpiece/mp-27-ironhide/

That is $60 cheaper than this Hound. I would love to get a hold of this Hound, I think he looks amazing. But I am currently priced out and thus will not be preordering it this year.
Re: Official Images and MSRP Reveal for Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2023648)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 6th, 2019 @ 3:15pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:It will, but there is still some validity to people complaining about rising prices.He will be cheaper on amazon japan and other japanese retailers (and japan retail as a whole) but when comparing the price Ironhide sold at those places, I can see the issue. As we can see from the pic, Ionhide is bigger, we can all agree he was rather complex and he had a TON of accessories (the most we have ever gotten, number wise). And his MSRP was "only" a little less than 10000 yen and he was being sold at Japanese retail for $75.

I don't think Ironhide is necessarily a very complex Masterpiece figure. He's certainly nowhere near the level of Inferno's "ladder magic." Both Ironhide and Inferno are of similar size and mass, but Inferno sold for more. Ironhide did come with a TON of nice accessories, but most of them are just single pieces, not complex parts that need to be assembled. Hound is part of the "next generation" of articulation and complexity that started with Sunstreaker, who was also much smaller than Ironhide, came with fewer accessories, but was way more articulated and way more expensive than the likes of his brother Sideswipe. (Hound also seems to have some "magic" of his own going on with his rear tires.) I think Sunstreaker is a way better benchmark as to how much Hound "should" cost. Yes, the price of a Masterpiece Autobot car has gone up recently even compared to Sunstreaker, but the difference is about half of that between Ironhide and Hound, which seems much more reasonable, considering the price hikes of all Transformers products over the past couple of years since Sunstreaker was first released.

Another thing to keep in mind is the "redeco/retool" potential of some Masterpiece figures. Optimus Prime will always have a Black Convoy redeco to fall back on, and every color of the rainbow for BAPE exclusives, so you get a lot of use out of the design of "one" figure. For Hound, though, the options are much more limited. Detritus, maybe? Compare with Sideswipe, who was turned into Red Alert, Tigertrack, Deep Cover, and then rereleased with a new paint job as anime edition Sideswipe and Red Alert. Even Sunstreaker has more options. We already got Cordon, but we can still potentially get a Diaclone red Sunstreaker too.
Re: Official Images and MSRP Reveal for Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2023658)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on June 6th, 2019 @ 4:19pm CDT
I think I'd rather just get Maketoys Gundog
Re: Official Images and MSRP Reveal for Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2023659)
Posted by PadForce on June 6th, 2019 @ 4:22pm CDT
So if mp44 has so much redecoo posibility, why is it still $400?

I think Takara has simply gauged the market and decided the collectors are happy ti pay ludicrously inflated prices.

Its a shame, but arguably inevitable with such a devoted fandom.
Re: Official Images and MSRP Reveal for Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2023662)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 6th, 2019 @ 4:42pm CDT
I think Hound is the first MP Transformer in the "cartoon accurate" line to not really suffer for it, he looks great! (Artfire doesn't count, he wasn't cartoon but had great coloring detail, but Inferno and Grapple were very bland)

I'm interested to see the Plus toy version eventually. It looks like a good mold.
Re: Official Images and MSRP Reveal for Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2023673)
Posted by Syclone on June 6th, 2019 @ 8:28pm CDT
I've been pretty excited about this guy but after the big reveal here, I'm pretty disappointed.

The price is insane for a figure smaller than Ironhide....who SHOULDN'T be smaller than Ironhide.

Speaking of Iron hide, I really feel that guy is really what the MP line should be. Perfect size, nice, solid piece, with some heft to it. He feels high quality for the money. (Inferno and Grapple are in the same category.) Hound, here, seems on par with Wheeljack, who I was pretty disappointed with once I had him in hand. Way too small, plasticy, and cheap feeling for the money paid (BUT at only $75, I could deal with it.) Hound appears to be the same quality as Wheeljack but double the price of Iron Hide.

What a bummer. At least I can grab that Soundwave reissue since I missed out the first time around...

EDIT: Also, if you look at the picture with Ironhide and the picture where he's kneeling with Spike, his shoulders popped out to get his arm in the right place. I'm really not so sure how poseable this guys going to be.
Re: Official Images and MSRP Reveal for Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2023675)
Posted by ilikerobits on June 6th, 2019 @ 8:51pm CDT
Holy crap. I still think 160 is too high, but he does look great. I'll be picking him up. This definitely feels and looks like it's done right. I still don't understand how Prime justifies a 500 dollar price tag, but I can get behind this Hound. The new more articulated Spike, the alt mode, the bot mode...they all look great tbh.
Re: Official Images and MSRP Reveal for Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2023676)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 6th, 2019 @ 9:19pm CDT
Hound look really fantastic but paying over 200 Monopoly dollars for it? Maybe even more than 250$ including shipping and customs.
Sigh...
Re: Official Images and MSRP Reveal for Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2023677)
Posted by Emerje on June 6th, 2019 @ 9:23pm CDT
I might be setting myself up for disappointment, but if Hound only comes with a key then doesn't that almost confirm Mirage is in the works and coming with the cage? Plus with Soundwave being reissued that could potentially mean a Ravage reissue, too. And with that all the key players for this scene would be released.

Anyway, the figure looks great and I can't wait to see what the spare tire can do since it is also hinged.

ScottyP wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

I'm guessing Amazon Japan will be around $125 shipped

How do you come up with these notions?

It isn't unusual for new figures to be listed as not able to ship overseas from Amazon Japan at first and then later enabled. I will point out that MPM-8 Megatron took a while to get discounted on Amazon Japan and when it finally happened it was only 18% which is small compared to other exporters. Amazon Japan is also now cutting off pre-order cancellations after a certain period so you can't just order with them and hold out for a better price elsewhere, gotta be prepared to commit or keep an eye on the date if you're unsure. There's no promise that Hound will be the lowest price on Amazon Japan, though cheap shipping does help.

Emerje
Re: Official Images and MSRP Reveal for Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2023687)
Posted by Seibertron on June 6th, 2019 @ 11:24pm CDT
Grimlok59 wrote:I wonder if they'll eventually release a MP+ version of this.

I love the toy ... but it definitely needs an MP+ version with a toy deco. It looks very plain.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #225 - The Overexposure of Bumblebee
"The Overexposure of Bumblebee"
Posted: Sunday, June 16th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Devastator Revenge of the Fallen MISB Constructicon Devastator" on EBAY
Buy "Beast Machines Transformers 2000 Basic Maximal Scout BUZZSAW" on EBAY
Buy "Rare Transformers BotCon Shattered Glass Ratchet Assembly Class Stickers sheet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Studios Series 5 Inch Figure Deluxe Class - Scrapmetal #41" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series #40 Shatter Action Figure New & Sealed!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Buildking  Grimlock-Hightower-Wedge & Heavy Load MISP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie McDonalds Meal Lot of 2 Cards  Megatron Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Soundwave w/ Buzzsaw 100% Complete 1984 Vintage Rare Great Shape" on EBAY