Transformers News: Official Images for New Studio Series Toys with Hightower, "Leader" Prime, New Drift and KSI Boss

Thursday, February 14th, 2019 10:39PM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 16,662

Thanks to Walmart/Brickseek, we have confirmation of four upcoming Transformers Studio Series. We have 44 Leader Class Dark of the Moon Optimus Prime who is, as we guessed, the same Voyager Optimus Prime we already got with a retooled abdominal area and a jetwing backpack. We then have a new 45 Deluxe Class Age of Extinction Drift which while having the distinctive Bugatti details, turns into a helicopter. There is no sign that it also turns into a car, but it is still cool to have the car alternate mode referenced in the robot mode, making it still look screen accurate to an extent. There is also 47 Deluxe Class Revenge of the Fallen Constructicon Hightower, a new mold, who can transform to be part of Devastator. Lastly we have 43 Voyager KSI Boss, another goon from Age of Extinction which is the Nitro Zeus mold. It will probably have a new head though we only see the alt mode. You can see the images and the links to the pages below, and be sure to check back tomorrow and the rest of the week-end for all our 2019 Toy Fair news.

You can view the Brickseek links here:

Optimus: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory ... =517176157
Drift: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory ... =916451523
Hightower: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory ... =487042684
KSI Boss: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory ... =488371648

Transformers News: Studio Series DOTM Jetwing Prime, AOE Helicopter Drift, Hightower, KSI Boss revealed

Credit(s): Brickseek
Re: Official Images for New Studio Series Toys with Hightower, "Leader" Prime, New Drift and KSI Boss (2010335)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on February 14th, 2019 @ 10:46pm CST
Drift appears to be a heavy retool of Dropkick's helicopter figure
Re: Official Images for New Studio Series Toys with Hightower, "Leader" Prime, New Drift and KSI Boss (2010338)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on February 14th, 2019 @ 10:48pm CST
Sentinel_Primal wrote:Drift appears to be a heavy retool of Dropkick's helicopter figure

The legs in particular are a big bright sign to it
Re: Official Images for New Studio Series Toys with Hightower, "Leader" Prime, New Drift and KSI Boss (2010339)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on February 14th, 2019 @ 10:49pm CST

P.S. The article is missing Hightower, who I also want.
Re: Official Images for New Studio Series Toys with Hightower, "Leader" Prime, New Drift and KSI Boss (2010343)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on February 14th, 2019 @ 11:00pm CST
6733E3E7-235B-4A65-9F36-FE3771598EAA.jpeg

DOTM OPTIMUS!!!

This is the Prime I’ve been waiting for! They added the gold/orange fade to his arms (!) and they kept the bright red from SS-32! A good DOTM Optimus has been at the top of my want list for years now, you guys have no idea how excited I am right now :DANCE:

The guns and wings/engines are super hollow, but that’s not the end of the world. I’m wondering if they’ll throw in any extra weapons to help reach the leader price point, even if they don’t it’s fine, I’m buying this thing on sight!

I also wonder if the flight tech can turn into anything else, there’s definitely not enough there for the trailer but there might be potential for the weapons platform from the start of DOTM (or at least part of it).

Drift is also looking surprisingly good, looks to own the mold much better than Dropkick.
Re: Official Images for New Studio Series Toys with Hightower, "Leader" Prime, New Drift and KSI Boss (2010345)
Posted by william-james88 on February 14th, 2019 @ 11:07pm CST

I think its one of those half retools, lik the BB toys where they keep the lower half and change the upper half. This will be cool.

Nemesis Primal wrote:Drift appears to be an EXTENSIVE retool of copter Dropkick, looking at his legs and the tail rotor placement, which is awesome, and DotM Prime appears to still have all the necessary tooling for combining with Jetfire. The only one of these I'll probably grab is KSI Boss though, as I missed out on Nitro Zeus. Drift does look really good though.

P.S. The article is missing Hightower, who I also want.

It was added.

Aout combining with Jetfire, now we know why Jetfire comes with that different abdominal area. Its so that the combo can still be screena ccurate with the abdomen Optimus had in ROTF. Yay, now i know i can skip the new voyager.
Re: Official Images for New Studio Series Toys with Hightower, "Leader" Prime, New Drift and KSI Boss (2010347)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 14th, 2019 @ 11:12pm CST
Wow I had forgotten how deep they went into the barrel for Hightower.

KSI Boss looks nice in alt-mode though, that’s such a cool mold. Jetwing Optimus looks sharp too, Drift looks so much better here than he ever has in toy form.
Re: Official Images for New Studio Series Toys with Hightower, "Leader" Prime, New Drift and KSI Boss (2010350)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on February 14th, 2019 @ 11:25pm CST
Re: Official Images for New Studio Series Toys with Hightower, "Leader" Prime, New Drift and KSI Boss (2010351)
Posted by william-james88 on February 14th, 2019 @ 11:27pm CST
Sentinel_Primal wrote:I do hope that Drift's release here will result in an AOE Bugatti mode being released in proper colors. Despite the movie being the most "meh" in my opinion in both some of the redesigns and story, there were some nice designs to come out of it such as Hound, Drift, and Crosshairs

It was the first time that there was a real effort at colour coded bots to help make sense of the action. I too thought the designs were ace.
Re: Official Images for New Studio Series Toys with Hightower, "Leader" Prime, New Drift and KSI Boss (2010353)
Posted by Riley Hoffman on February 14th, 2019 @ 11:35pm CST
Why does Hightower remind me of a puppy? He’s adorable
Re: Official Images for New Studio Series Toys with Hightower, "Leader" Prime, New Drift and KSI Boss (2010354)
Posted by Rysquad on February 14th, 2019 @ 11:42pm CST
I’m in for KSI Boss to go with Nitro and Thundercracker. More Titan Master bodies!

Riley Hoffman wrote:Why does Hightower remind me of a puppy? He’s adorable

...who’s a good boy!? Hahaha
Re: Official Images for New Studio Series Toys with Hightower, "Leader" Prime, New Drift and KSI Boss (2010358)
Posted by Emerje on February 15th, 2019 @ 12:01am CST
I'll reserve my excitement for Drift for when we're sure his alt mode doesn't look like a flying Bugatti.

Emerje
Re: Official Images for New Studio Series Toys with Hightower, "Leader" Prime, New Drift and KSI Boss (2010361)
Posted by Deadput on February 15th, 2019 @ 12:24am CST
More pics via the thread on Tfw2005

Re: Official Images for New Studio Series Toys with Hightower, "Leader" Prime, New Drift and KSI Boss (2010375)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on February 15th, 2019 @ 1:19am CST
:O

DOTM PRIME WITH TRAILER THAT TURNS INTO HIS WEAPON RING THINGY AND JETPACK!
:michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:

Ok now THAT's a Leader price where a voyager figure comes with an 'accessory' worth the extra money! I like that they got the yellow fade into the red on the front of the truck this time too. And yep as we suspected the Jetfire piece is for this figure.

Driftkick looks fantastic. Did not expect a chopper toy of him and this looks great in both modes.

Hightower looks fun.
KSI Boss is the least interesting but it's still a good figure.
Re: Official Images for New Studio Series Toys with Hightower, "Leader" Prime, New Drift and KSI Boss (2010377)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on February 15th, 2019 @ 2:11am CST
Okay, I was not expecting KSI Boss to literally just be Nitro Zeus with altered paint, I was expecting a new head, but since I missed out on Nitro Zeus, I'm cool with this. I'm just going to pretend he's Nitro Zeus anyway, so why not. Plus, I like the additional bronze.

Crane mode on Hightower looks exactly as expected, he's still a guaranteed purchase.

Drift looks REALLY tempting, I wasn't expecting his copter mode to look that good. I already know I like the base mold, but I don't like movie Drift's stereotype face....but at the same time, my current Drift is ALSO AoE copter Drift, because I didn't have a Drift and I wanted a version of the Skyhammer mold, so I guess it doesn't bother me that much....we'll see.
Re: Official Images for New Studio Series Toys with Hightower, "Leader" Prime, New Drift and KSI Boss (2010399)
Posted by blackeyedprime on February 15th, 2019 @ 5:44am CST
KSI must be cybertronian for lazy repaint, having said that the figure is nice, so if it is on sale then yes.

Drift looks great and will be the first time that I have the character, alt mode remind me of airarachnid.
Re: Official Images for New Studio Series Toys with Hightower, "Leader" Prime, New Drift and KSI Boss (2010403)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on February 15th, 2019 @ 6:16am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote::O

DOTM PRIME WITH TRAILER THAT TURNS INTO HIS WEAPON RING THINGY AND JETPACK!
:michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:

I think this sums up my reaction better than I could say it!

I never would’ve thought that Optimus would’ve come with the jet pack, extra weapons, AND the trailer that can convert into the weapon platform. They included everything!
Re: Official Images for New Studio Series Toys with Hightower, "Leader" Prime, New Drift and KSI Boss (2010404)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 15th, 2019 @ 6:20am CST
If leader DOTM Optimus come with that kick-ass weapon shop trailer, WHERE DO THE WINGS COME FROM? :shock:

Anyway, like Will said, I'll skip over the new voyager Optimus and most probably go for this one.
Re: Official Images for New Studio Series Toys with Hightower, "Leader" Prime, New Drift and KSI Boss (2010406)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on February 15th, 2019 @ 6:23am CST
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:

Yeah i was worried they might just skimp and do a basic box of a trailer like on a previous figure but it looks like they're giving us some good reasons to justify the leader price tag on this one.

Got Sideswipe and Barricade finally. They're both great but I can't seem to tab Barricade's chest into his waist section securely. I don't know why. Also pretty cool that he isn't using a whole faux-chest but is actually made up of most of the vehicle front. I remember when first photos appeared some folk thought the whole chest was fake and the real card front ended up fully on the back but nah, just the unimportant bits. Just wish I knew what I was doing wrong with trying to tab the chest area into the waist.
Dzci5W6X4AI_UOy.jpg large.jpg

Also is it accurate that he's missing a small piece in the middle of the chest between the bumper that makes that are asymmetric? I never noticed it before on previous figures and i thought it broken at first but it seems normal as both the rubber piece and the plastic piece it goes over are the same 'broken' shape? I dunno. I just wish I could fix the chest and waist bits securely.
Dzc0e8QX4AA2Q2B.jpg large.jpg
Re: Official Images for New Studio Series Toys with Hightower, "Leader" Prime, New Drift and KSI Boss (2010411)
Posted by william-james88 on February 15th, 2019 @ 7:47am CST
We have an update to the images posted yesterday which show us the other modes for each toy, which were found through some more digging on the Walmart website.

Thanks to Walmart/Brickseek, we have confirmation of four upcoming Transformers Studio Series. We have SS 44 Leader Class Dark of the Moon Optimus Prime who is, as we guessed, the same voyager Optimus Prime we already got with a retooled abdominal area and a jetwing backpack. The trailer can be converted into the weapons platform we see in DOTM. We then have a new SS 45 Deluxe Class Age of Extinction Drift which while having the distinctive Bugatti details, turns into a helicopter. It shares some parts with SS Helicopter Drokick but is very much it's own mold all the same. There is also SS 47 Deluxe Class Revenge of the Fallen Constructicon Hightower, a new mold, who can transform to be part of Devastator. Lastly we have SS 43 Voyager KSI Boss, another goon from Age of Extinction, which we now know is a straight redeco of the Nitro Zeus mold, head and all, making it innacurate to his look in the film. You can see the images and the links to the pages below, and be sure to check back tomorrow and the rest of the week-end for all our 2019 Toy Fair news.

You can view the Brickseek links here:

Optimus: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory ... =517176157
Drift: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory ... =916451523
Hightower: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory ... =487042684
KSI Boss: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory ... =488371648

Re: Official Images for New Studio Series Toys with Hightower, "Leader" Prime, New Drift and KSI Boss (2010418)
Posted by Dragma Kerp on February 15th, 2019 @ 8:01am CST
Is it weird that I want both the voyager and the leader Optimus?
Mostly because Voyager will probably appear on shelves in my area while the leader not... but who knows..
Sigh, I guess my wallet needs to start saving for a hard hit!

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #219 - Big Cat Convoy
"Big Cat Convoy"
Posted: Monday, March 18th, 2019

Buy "Optimus Prime and Battle Base Trailer Transformers Energon Axe Attack Cyberverse" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Reveal the Shield Deep Dive Voyager size" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reveal the Shield Solar Storm Grappel" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Reveal The Shield Scout Class Windcharger NEW MOSC " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers botcon 2015 Generation 2 general Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation One G1 Reissue Walmart Exclusive Swerve New MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Japanese Exclusive Infiltrator Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation Two G2 GoBots MotorMouth Complete Mint" on EBAY