Thursday, June 1st, 2017 4:27am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 17,092

In other Takara Tomy Transformers Legends News, but still following up on the Tokyo Toy Show, we have some official and two showfloor images of the LG-EX God Ginrai set featuring Headmasters Cab and Minerva (as first seen here)!

The set will include the two Headmasters, plus LG-35 Super Ginrai (Powermaster Prime) and LG-42 Godbomber all in one go, and exclusively carried by TakaraTomyMall - which is the source of the official images mirrored below. The price of this set is ¥17,280, which is close to $155 USD and only Japanese residents can order this figure, for now. Check out the photos below!

Transformers News: Official Images for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai Set, plus Cab & Minerva

Credit(s): TakaraTomyMall

This article was last modified on Thursday, June 1st, 2017 8:17am CDT

Re: Official Images for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai Set, plus Cab & Minerva (1885781)
Posted by steals_your_goats on June 1st, 2017 @ 4:36am CDT
Broadside is an easy pass since he doesn't seem much different from the Hasbro one

Misfire and Doublecross are definite buys if only for the little target master friends.

I'm really unsure about Sixshot. I like my Hasbro one now that it has the reprolabels on it, but I like the overall colors more of the Takara version and the remolded helmet and face look really nice and would make him further distinct from Quickswitch.

The God Ginrai set annoys me because I really don't want to spend upwards of $150 for just two headmasters. But on the other hand with the prices Ginrai is going for in the after market I could probably make back what I paid for it :-? Decisions, decisions.
Re: Official Images for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai Set, plus Cab & Minerva (1885785)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on June 1st, 2017 @ 4:49am CDT
I'm mostly just mad at myself.... I had a feeling they'd do a boxset and mock it up just like the original re-issue.... But has price been confirmed on it? I'd still expect it to be north of $200....

But chrome thighs and the chest plate would be interesting. Curious about the alleged transparent windows on Ginrai's cab.
Re: Official Images for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai Set, plus Cab & Minerva (1885787)
Posted by Cyberpath on June 1st, 2017 @ 5:21am CDT

And -- do the three new Decepticon jets share the same transformation more or less?
Re: Official Images for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai Set, plus Cab & Minerva (1885788)
Posted by Bounti76 on June 1st, 2017 @ 5:40am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:Already asked this before and got answers, but just to be certain -- can Sixshot transform into each of his modes without detaching the Titan Master from the port?

As to your second question.... I'm not sure. Besides the heads, it would seem only the nose and wings are retooled. But from these pictures, Misfire's jet nose is pointing up, and Triggerhappy's points down. So they may not transform exactly alike.
Re: Official Images for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai Set, plus Cab & Minerva (1885789)
Posted by Randomhero on June 1st, 2017 @ 5:48am CDT
HA! even Takara is going with "submarine mode"! :lol:
Re: Official Images for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai Set, plus Cab & Minerva (1885790)
Posted by Evil Eye on June 1st, 2017 @ 5:51am CDT

If not I'll have to hone my 3D skills and make a replacement face for a Nightbeat to print on Shapeways (I know there is an existing one on there but it looks a bit...off).
Re: Official Images for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai Set, plus Cab & Minerva (1885793)
Posted by Randomhero on June 1st, 2017 @ 6:04am CDT
For anyone who doesn't understand or like a double cross coming out and with a target master here your two solutions:

1. Don't buy it.

2. Buy it, take that targetmaster away from him and hand it to Blur
Re: Official Images for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai Set, plus Cab & Minerva (1885794)
Posted by Kurona on June 1st, 2017 @ 6:14am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Stil don't get why Sixshot is popular. He's a really boring design. Twinferno/Doublecross looks bleh as usual.

As a character people loved him in Headmasters. Meanwhile, I loved him in early IDW
Re: Official Images for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai Set, plus Cab & Minerva (1885799)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on June 1st, 2017 @ 6:30am CDT
Black Hat wrote:So Minerva is going to remain without a body, and only available with a big expensive giftset? Bugger. Still, I do think the set looks cool, and providing I can sort out some replacement forearms and a neck adapter I might be able to make my old Animated Arcee into a body for her. So I might spring for this, we'll see.

Why does Minerva seem to have this "for Elitist only" status to every figure she gets. Its like she isnt allowed to have a figure anyone can get there hands on easily
Re: Official Images for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai Set, plus Cab & Minerva (1885800)
Posted by Evil Eye on June 1st, 2017 @ 6:34am CDT
Probably because she's a highly desirable character (and her only non-exclusive toy is ridiculously rare) and HasTak reckons they can make an absolute killing via the people that will pay for her regardless of how much she costs because they want a Minerva THAT much.
Re: Official Images for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai Set, plus Cab & Minerva (1885801)
Posted by Insurgent on June 1st, 2017 @ 6:37am CDT
Ooohhhh.....

I kinda want that gifset. Especially with cab and Minerva in it. But the price..... hhmmmm.... dammit, why must the good things cost so much?

I've been toying with the idea of making bodies for these three, since I have Shuta from Legends Wheelie. Just need to get the transtectors...
Re: Official Images for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai Set, plus Cab & Minerva (1885803)
Posted by Kurona on June 1st, 2017 @ 6:41am CDT
Insurgent wrote:Ooohhhh.....

Toyhax has a Reprolabels set to turn the Getaway toy into Siren, the Hasbro version of Shuta.

http://toyhax.com/for-titans-ret/2312-l ... siren.html

And the set comes with alternate stickers to be Shuta-accurate instead of Siren-accurate :D
Re: Official Images for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai Set, plus Cab & Minerva (1885807)
Posted by Insurgent on June 1st, 2017 @ 6:54am CDT
Kurona wrote:
Insurgent wrote:Ooohhhh.....

http://toyhax.com/for-titans-ret/2312-l ... siren.html

Indeed. That's what set me off on this train of thought. But I think Breakaway would work better for Minerva. A more feminine chest (if you ignore the backpack part) and the high shoulder pads. And the car mode matches more. There's a neck adaptor on shapeways to turn generations nightbeat into a headmaster, that would work well for Shuta (as that exclusive repaint did) and CW Hotspot into Cab (there is also a neck adaptor on shapeways for that piece). Plonk these heads on them and boom. Perfect.
Re: Official Images for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai Set, plus Cab & Minerva (1885808)
Posted by Cyberpath on June 1st, 2017 @ 6:56am CDT
Bounti76 wrote:Yes to the Sixshot question. Except for robot mode, his head(master) never needs to be folded out of the chest cavity. The instructions for the wolf mold have you combine the Headmaster with the beast mode head, but it's not necessary.
Thanks!
Re: Official Images for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai Set, plus Cab & Minerva (1885811)
Posted by Randomhero on June 1st, 2017 @ 7:09am CDT
Surprised they didn't show Wilder. Clouder is getting some before him!
Re: Official Images for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai Set, plus Cab & Minerva (1885812)
Posted by Kurona on June 1st, 2017 @ 7:18am CDT
Re: Official Images for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai Set, plus Cab & Minerva (1885819)
Posted by Randomhero on June 1st, 2017 @ 7:44am CDT
Kurona wrote:Doublecross' comic oughta be one hell of a read. First they've gotta explain why he has a Targetmaster and who it is, then why he's a Headmaster, AND why his Headmaster looks like White Leo. This is gonna be fuuuun

Probably be the same reason Hot Rod and Blur and Kup are. Went to planet micro, ended up in the Legends universe got a transtector and teamed up with a targetmaster
Re: Official Images for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai Set, plus Cab & Minerva (1885823)
Posted by RiddlerJ on June 1st, 2017 @ 8:21am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:I'm a little surprised they didn't retool Broadside to have a better jet mode.

I'm not. They've never retooled any previous triple changers and just because fans don't like it doesn't mean takara wouldn't. Takara did engineer broadside after all.

Most of the three toys in this range are triple changers and Takara has remolded Ginrai and Sixshot, to name a few.

Broadside's jet mode is simply a lost cause. :lol:

I still think he can be saved. A liiiiiitle remolding in the boots, Add proper rotators in the thighs so the legs can swivel all the way around, and in jet mode they flip over to the top of the jet like Jetfire boosters (point the feet forward)

And yeah, I don't get why Takara is going with the sub mode for Sixshot either.
Re: Official Images for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai Set, plus Cab & Minerva (1885827)
Posted by Kurona on June 1st, 2017 @ 8:27am CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

Broadside's jet mode is simply a lost cause. :lol:

And yeah, I don't get why Takara is going with the sub mode for Sixshot either.

To me the biggest crime is the positioning of the wings. They're placed right on the bottom of the jet; if they were up higher - perhaps on level with the cockpit - it would help so much.

Also, to me this is the best Kup has looked so far.

Those shapes and proportions are dead-on. If it weren't for the hollowness of that arm and the headmaster pieces showing, I could have mistaken this for an MP Kup. Mold is perfect.
Re: Official Images for Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai Set, plus Cab & Minerva (1885828)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on June 1st, 2017 @ 8:30am CDT

*Looks at Galvatron*

I'm not

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series Hot Rod 86 Voyager Class Action Figure - F0712" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure One step changer TAV08 Underbite" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure One step changer TAV05 Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Collectors Club Botcon TFCC 2016 Membership Figure Ramjet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure deluxe TAV-08 Gregevor" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure deluxe TAV-03 Strongarm" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE MEGA OPTIMUS PRIME, 2015." on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers loose Movie Revenge of the Fallen (ROFT) Deluxe Chromia" on EBAY