Wednesday, October 11th, 2017 10:38am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 21,141

Takara Tomy has posted official images of these new exclusive Transformers on their website. Below you will see images of all the modes for LG EX Legends Greatshot and Grand Maximus and images of their Headmasters. We can see that Greatshot has a fair bit of retooling, like his shoulders and beast mode head.

Also, as it is now known, Grand Maximus is not guaranteed to come out. It is stated that 2000 pre-orders need to be through Takara Tomy Mall for this toy be produced. If 3000 are ordered, he will also come with a Pretender suit (which is a Power Master Decoy suit), which can be seen below as well.

Transformers News: Official Images for Takara Transformers Legends LG EX Greatshot and Grand Maximus

Credit(s): takara tomy

Re: Official Images for Takara Transformers Legends LG EX Greatshot and Grand Maximus (1915911)
Posted by Gearslide on October 11th, 2017 @ 10:47am CDT

But in others, it's a much softer green:

That's the same plastic
Re: Official Images for Takara Transformers Legends LG EX Greatshot and Grand Maximus (1915916)
Posted by Albatross250 on October 11th, 2017 @ 11:05am CDT
Hmmm. since when Grand Maximus knew Fortress Maximus? :-?
Re: Official Images for Takara Transformers Legends LG EX Greatshot and Grand Maximus (1915918)
Posted by Kyleor on October 11th, 2017 @ 11:08am CDT
Still no rifle for Max :/
Re: Official Images for Takara Transformers Legends LG EX Greatshot and Grand Maximus (1915920)
Posted by megatronus on October 11th, 2017 @ 11:21am CDT
Re: Official Images for Takara Transformers Legends LG EX Greatshot and Grand Maximus (1915925)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 11th, 2017 @ 11:40am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Image

:x :x :x
Re: Official Images for Takara Transformers Legends LG EX Greatshot and Grand Maximus (1915926)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on October 11th, 2017 @ 11:42am CDT
william-james88 wrote:I also wanted to talk about Seaspray. I know the Legends verions gets the blue windows right and doesnt have the sticker detail on the chest, but what do you feel about that weird yellow on the side? That looks super off to me.

The yellow paint on the sides is animation accurate in robot mode, so it's fine with me. As a bonus, it's also a toy accurate detail as well. Yes, this does create inaccurate yellow panels on the sides of the alternate mode, but I can let those slide. They don't look bad to me, honestly.
Re: Official Images for Takara Transformers Legends LG EX Greatshot and Grand Maximus (1915927)
Posted by Seibertron on October 11th, 2017 @ 11:43am CDT
megatronus wrote:Crap. If it's through Takara Tomy Mall, does that mean the 2000+ preorders MUST come from Japanese buyers?

I'm assuming some of the big online retailers/importers have a way to get around this. I'm not too concerned about 2,000 orders happening.
Re: Official Images for Takara Transformers Legends LG EX Greatshot and Grand Maximus (1915928)
Posted by Relic0037 on October 11th, 2017 @ 11:49am CDT
Seibertron wrote:

Hope you're right about that. These are two imports I really want, but didn't think were going to be happening.
Re: Official Images for Takara Transformers Legends LG EX Greatshot and Grand Maximus (1915930)
Posted by o.supreme on October 11th, 2017 @ 12:00pm CDT
Gearslide wrote:Man, I guess that shade of green on Grand Maximus is REALLY hard to photograph right. In some shots it looks almost black or very dark grey:

Green? There's never been any green on ANY Maximus...well except for that Generic in Armada (I'm not calling it what others are... 8-} )
Re: Official Images for Takara Transformers Legends LG EX Greatshot and Grand Maximus (1915932)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 11th, 2017 @ 12:01pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

I hope so. I really want that GreatShot, and depending on expected release, I am considering that Maximus too.
Re: Official Images for Takara Transformers Legends LG EX Greatshot and Grand Maximus (1915933)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on October 11th, 2017 @ 12:06pm CDT
I swear, my wallet just got up and ran away after seeing these new images. :-D
Re: Official Images for Takara Transformers Legends LG EX Greatshot and Grand Maximus (1915934)
Posted by Kurona on October 11th, 2017 @ 12:07pm CDT

And, man, while I still want Sixshot more... that is one hell of a good rendition of Greatshot. Someone put a lot of heart into that retool!
Re: Official Images for Takara Transformers Legends LG EX Greatshot and Grand Maximus (1915935)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 11th, 2017 @ 12:09pm CDT
Kurona wrote:At the very least, I haven't seen any such stipulation for Greatshot. He seems firmly in the 'definitely happening' camp.

I know right?! look at that new beast head!!! And the chest and shoulders!!!! and the robot head!!! It is frikkin' awesome!!!!
Re: Official Images for Takara Transformers Legends LG EX Greatshot and Grand Maximus (1915936)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on October 11th, 2017 @ 12:09pm CDT
Re: Official Images for Takara Transformers Legends LG EX Greatshot and Grand Maximus (1915937)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 11th, 2017 @ 12:10pm CDT
Rodimus Knight wrote:I'm starting to wonder if there is any reason for me to buy the Hasbro figures anymore. The Takara ones generally look so much better to me.

Well, these are Takara exclusives that Hasbro has never done, so you can just buy these without guilt!
Re: Official Images for Takara Transformers Legends LG EX Greatshot and Grand Maximus (1915939)
Posted by william-james88 on October 11th, 2017 @ 12:12pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

The fact that the previous legends reissues did not pass the treshold asked for tells me that its just TTMall. If there was a way to get around it through other retailers, then there would be enough demand for nothing to have been cancelled, which wasnt the case.
Re: Official Images for Takara Transformers Legends LG EX Greatshot and Grand Maximus (1915940)
Posted by Kurona on October 11th, 2017 @ 12:13pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

Yeah! It's all they needed to do - considering it's all the original did - but it still feels like they went above and beyond :)
Re: Official Images for Takara Transformers Legends LG EX Greatshot and Grand Maximus (1915942)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 11th, 2017 @ 12:19pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

It really is all they needed to do! But they did it in the way that I've said makes these things even better: they did the retooling in the right areas, and the colors just smash it home.

Re: Official Images for Takara Transformers Legends LG EX Greatshot and Grand Maximus (1915943)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on October 11th, 2017 @ 12:22pm CDT
I really find myself wanting both of these, although i might only be able to pull off Greatshot. Takara really seems to be churning out the Masterforce characters, wonder if that helps Piranacon's chances of coming out.
Re: Official Images for Takara Transformers Legends LG EX Greatshot and Grand Maximus (1915945)
Posted by o.supreme on October 11th, 2017 @ 12:24pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote: Great shot: definite. and then I will have all 3 generations 6 changers!!!! Though he definitely looks the best :-D

Same here. This would have been so easy for Hasbro to do, instead of Quickswitch, but I guess the fact that QS wasn't changed at all (save for the Titan Master) made it an easier/lazy release. I would have been perfectly happy with just Six & Great, since originally QS was a completely different toy, but having all 3 (even though the middle kid isn't a true representation), will be nice.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series Hot Rod 86 Voyager Class Action Figure - F0712" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure One step changer TAV08 Underbite" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure One step changer TAV05 Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Collectors Club Botcon TFCC 2016 Membership Figure Ramjet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure deluxe TAV-08 Gregevor" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure deluxe TAV-03 Strongarm" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE MEGA OPTIMUS PRIME, 2015." on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers loose Movie Revenge of the Fallen (ROFT) Deluxe Chromia" on EBAY