Transformers News: Official Images for Transformers Generations Prime Wars Repugnus and Punch / Counterpunch

Tuesday, July 10th, 2018 9:18AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 21,445

Did any of you want to wait until SDCC to finally see what Repugnus and Punch / Counterpunch were goint to look like? Well for those who couldn't wait, we have some images for you. And not just some blurry pics or part of the leg, but full on official images of the toys (and not renders either). These were uplaoded to the internet by Squigsquasher and also Tweeted by General Tekno.

As presumed, Repugnus shares the Twinferno and Grotusque mold with some remolding of his own. He does end up similar to several digibashes of the past year but with a much more prominant head, as we would hope.

Punch / Counterpunch is a true enigma since not only is it a new mold but while he represents the Power of the Primes portion of the Prime Wars, he does not appear to be able to combine. He does come with a special edition clear Prime Master.

These should be amazon exclusives and we will be sure to tell you when they will be available for order.

Enjoy the images!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Official Images for Transformers Generations Prime Wars Repugnus and Punch / Counterpunch (1969989)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 10th, 2018 @ 9:20am CDT
I'm both impressed and letdown at the same time. Impressed that they both look really good, mold-wise (save for Repugnus's unsightly abdomen). Letdown because Punch isn't a combiner and Repugnus looks like his robot head has no paint.

And couldn't the photographer be bothered lift up Punch's helmet to show his eyes for both of his robot modes?
Re: Official Images for Transformers Generations Prime Wars Repugnus and Punch / Counterpunch (1969994)
Posted by william-james88 on July 10th, 2018 @ 9:35am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Letdown because Punch isn't a combiner

Why does that matter ? I am glad because I think a lot would have been comrpomised if he was (see previous Punch combiner).
Re: Official Images for Transformers Generations Prime Wars Repugnus and Punch / Counterpunch (1969995)
Posted by RiddlerJ on July 10th, 2018 @ 9:35am CDT
Gotta admit. I'm impressed by Punch. Maybe because I was just expecting a hokey repaint.

Repugnus is sadly along the lines of what I was expecting although it's still nice to complete the trio.
Re: Official Images for Transformers Generations Prime Wars Repugnus and Punch / Counterpunch (1969997)
Posted by Autobot N on July 10th, 2018 @ 9:36am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Letdown because Punch isn't a combiner

I agree. As cool as it would be for him to be a combiner, I'm fine with leaving it out if it means that his individual robot modes aren't compromised by the peg.
Re: Official Images for Transformers Generations Prime Wars Repugnus and Punch / Counterpunch (1969999)
Posted by william-james88 on July 10th, 2018 @ 9:39am CDT
And if anyone does want a combining toy, then you still have this:

Re: Official Images for Transformers Generations Prime Wars Repugnus and Punch / Counterpunch (1970000)
Posted by YoungPrime on July 10th, 2018 @ 9:39am CDT
I'm glad Punch isn't another pointless combiner. The car and Autobot modes both look good. And the only combiners I want moving forward are REAL ONES. Seacon's, Takara version of LioKaiser, Trainbots and Monstructor. I'd give DJD set that combines a pass (if done right) but that's it! I don't need 5 or 6 Bumblebee's merging to become Bumbleslator to singlehandedly kill Unicron.

Repugnus looks completely bad. So unless it ends up with a clearance price somewhere I'll skip it.
Re: Official Images for Transformers Generations Prime Wars Repugnus and Punch / Counterpunch (1970001)
Posted by frogbat on July 10th, 2018 @ 9:39am CDT
A well done to hasbro for this punch figure it seems... definitely on my Wishlist.
Re: Official Images for Transformers Generations Prime Wars Repugnus and Punch / Counterpunch (1970002)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 10th, 2018 @ 9:40am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Letdown because Punch isn't a combiner

Re: Official Images for Transformers Generations Prime Wars Repugnus and Punch / Counterpunch (1970004)
Posted by william-james88 on July 10th, 2018 @ 9:43am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Letdown because Punch isn't a combiner

Ha, ok I get it! Glad you had a plan, I gave up a long time ago.
Re: Official Images for Transformers Generations Prime Wars Repugnus and Punch / Counterpunch (1970007)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 10th, 2018 @ 9:46am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Letdown because Punch isn't a combiner

Ha, ok I get it! Glad you had a plan, I gave up a long time ago.
Yeah, he was gonna be a limb for Elita Infin1te. But now I can't do that, so I gotta swap out one of the CW Autobots to give to her and then replace that one for a different CW limb to give to the CW combiner(s) who would lose (a) limb(s).
Re: Official Images for Transformers Generations Prime Wars Repugnus and Punch / Counterpunch (1970013)
Posted by bacem on July 10th, 2018 @ 9:58am CDT
Punch/counterpunch looks great! Glad he is a new mold, and executed right too!
Also, i predict this will be repainted into pointblank in the future.
Re: Official Images for Transformers Generations Prime Wars Repugnus and Punch / Counterpunch (1970015)
Posted by RiddlerJ on July 10th, 2018 @ 10:01am CDT
william-james88 wrote:And if anyone does want a combining toy, then you still have this:

Before this was announced, I grabbed Combiner Counterpunch because I needed a Punch for my shelf and this was better than nothing.

Still, I can pretend he's the original Counterpunch, before Punch stole his identity.
Re: Official Images for Transformers Generations Prime Wars Repugnus and Punch / Counterpunch (1970016)
Posted by YoungPrime on July 10th, 2018 @ 10:01am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Letdown because Punch isn't a combiner

Exactly!!!! ;)^ ;)^ ;)^
Re: Official Images for Transformers Generations Prime Wars Repugnus and Punch / Counterpunch (1970019)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 10th, 2018 @ 10:05am CDT
YoungPrime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Letdown because Punch isn't a combiner

Exactly!!!! ;)^ ;)^ ;)^
Sabrblade wrote:Because I had a whole plan set up for all of the CW/UW/Potpie combiners, and Punch would have been a limb in that plan. Without him, it means I gotta do some serious reshuffling for a good number of other limb bots.
Sabrblade wrote:he was gonna be a limb for Elita Infin1te. But now I can't do that, so I gotta swap out one of the CW Autobots to give to her and then replace that one for a different CW limb to give to the CW combiner(s) who would lose (a) limb(s).
Re: Official Images for Transformers Generations Prime Wars Repugnus and Punch / Counterpunch (1970021)
Posted by Black Hat on July 10th, 2018 @ 10:07am CDT
Punch looks pretty good, I love the car mode especially.

Repugnus is derpy but he should be- his original toy was hilariously adorable (especially considering his bio). A bit annoying that he and Grotusque are exclusives but if I can get them (and Twinferno/Doublecross) it's be awesome to have a matching trio of Monsterbots. I actually really like them all using the same base mold for some reason. The Headmaster looks a bit weak but I might try and nab the TR version for him.
Re: Official Images for Transformers Generations Prime Wars Repugnus and Punch / Counterpunch (1970026)
Posted by RiddlerJ on July 10th, 2018 @ 10:23am CDT
Repugnus has two heads to choose from and a mini me version of himself as a weapon.

THE MADMAN!
Re: Official Images for Transformers Generations Prime Wars Repugnus and Punch / Counterpunch (1970028)
Posted by kurthy on July 10th, 2018 @ 10:25am CDT
YoungPrime wrote:And the only combiners I want moving forward are REAL ONES.

Tell me more of this bumbleslator. I'm very interested. Can he only combine with other bumblebees? Do they have to be from the same continuity or do they all have to be from different continuities. Is he a multiversal agent of kid-appeal and destruction?

I'm thinking his primary color should be yellow, but the chest should be black. Maybe the head should be gold and blue for a goldbug representation? This combiner is going to be awesome! :KREMZEEK:

Or maybe he'll be able to combine with cj, hubcap, bumper, and glyph???
Re: Official Images for Transformers Generations Prime Wars Repugnus and Punch / Counterpunch (1970030)
Posted by o.supreme on July 10th, 2018 @ 10:26am CDT

Yes, and I am glad to have it. I'm a bit sad about the new one not being a combiner limb, but now that its not, I don't have to get it. It is an impressive toy to be sure, but I think in truth, its probably something that was planned for TR, but the idea of having a removable head for 2 bots was too complicated so they saved it (or perhaps a precursor to WFC?). My guess is that it may be engineered from some pre-existing TR toy, but I'll leave that for more savvy fans to figure out.

In fact, the more that I think about it, it would make more sense. Punch/Counterpunch would have been a great way to introduce the War For Cybertron line as a SDCC exclusive, if they removed the Prime Master, there would have been no pre-existing expectations of being a combiner limb.

So basically now we will have 3 Voyagers (Starscream, Elita-1 and Inferno) with 2 limbs each. So here's to hoping that we get at least 6 deluxe limbs in WFC to finish those off, then all the other deluxes can be new original bots (we know Mirage and Impactor at least are coming) that don't have to be bound to any specific gimmick.
Re: Official Images for Transformers Generations Prime Wars Repugnus and Punch / Counterpunch (1970033)
Posted by Cobotron on July 10th, 2018 @ 10:34am CDT
Well I'm down for these. Especially Repugnus. I had a hunch that mold would work out just fine. At least to my own liking.

Sabrblade wrote: Letdown because Punch isn't a combiner and Repugnus looks like his robot head has no paint.
GOOD NEWS! There is a much better painted Repugnus head out there!

Edit: Where do you guys think the TM rides in Bug-Monster mode? The head? The chest?
Re: Official Images for Transformers Generations Prime Wars Repugnus and Punch / Counterpunch (1970034)
Posted by Blitzwing is bae on July 10th, 2018 @ 10:36am CDT
In my opinion I think they both look really good and will be worth picking up, however, wheres the paint on rupugnus's head! and also, wher do the little prime masters or whatever go
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #203 - Light Bringer