Official Images for Transformers Titans Return Reveals at SDCC2016 #HASBROSDCC

Official Images for Transformers Titans Return Reveals at SDCC2016  #HASBROSDCC

Thursday, July 21st, 2016 2:40pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 44,364

We saw these new Titans Return toys in the flesh earlier already but Hasbro has now released the official images. Most of these are the same 3-d renders found in the back of the boxes. We also know the names now but some do differ from the file names in the Hasbro press kit:

Voyager class Megatron with Doomshot
Legends class Bumblebee
Legends class Gnaw
Titan Master Sawback (the Hasbro file says Lione)
Titan Master Overboard (the Hasbro file says Overkill)
Deluxe class Brainstorm

Transformers News: Official Images for Transformers Titans Return Reveals at SDCC2016  #HASBROSDCC

Credit(s): Hasbro

Re: Official Images for Transformers Titans Return Reveals at SDCC2016 #HASBROSDCC (1807694)
Posted by Kurona on July 21st, 2016 @ 2:41pm CDT
Does anyone know who Doomshot is based on? It looks a little like hun-gurr to me...
Re: Official Images for Transformers Titans Return Reveals at SDCC2016 #HASBROSDCC (1807696)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on July 21st, 2016 @ 2:42pm CDT
'Doomshot'.

:michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
Re: Official Images for Transformers Titans Return Reveals at SDCC2016 #HASBROSDCC (1807697)
Posted by .... on July 21st, 2016 @ 2:44pm CDT
Re: Official Images for Transformers Titans Return Reveals at SDCC2016 #HASBROSDCC (1807700)
Posted by Gundamu on July 21st, 2016 @ 2:45pm CDT
I really hope that Megatron comes with Autobot faction stickers.
Re: Official Images for Transformers Titans Return Reveals at SDCC2016 #HASBROSDCC (1807701)
Posted by .... on July 21st, 2016 @ 2:47pm CDT
Gundamu wrote:I really hope that Megatron comes with Autobot faction stickers.

He does.
Re: Official Images for Transformers Titans Return Reveals at SDCC2016 #HASBROSDCC (1807704)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 21st, 2016 @ 2:49pm CDT
Lion-shield guy is the best reveal of this whole event for me, it's epic 8-)
Re: Official Images for Transformers Titans Return Reveals at SDCC2016 #HASBROSDCC (1807705)
Posted by .... on July 21st, 2016 @ 2:50pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:Lion-shield guy is the best reveal of this whole event for me, it's epic 8-)

It looks hilarious. :lol:
Re: Official Images for Transformers Titans Return Reveals at SDCC2016 #HASBROSDCC (1807707)
Posted by william-james88 on July 21st, 2016 @ 2:55pm CDT
SillySpringer wrote:*sigh* I am going to say it now. Megatron went from one of my most anticipated leaked figures, to being my least.

Same here. Its that lack of paint. At least with Blitzwing though the different coloured plastic will make up for that. So it will be a good way to experience the mold. I still think the engineering kicks ass here.
Re: Official Images for Transformers Titans Return Reveals at SDCC2016 #HASBROSDCC (1807709)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 21st, 2016 @ 2:56pm CDT
SillySpringer wrote:

It looks hilarious. :lol:

It looks great, I can't wait to see better shots of it, I'm just at a loss as to whom to give it to though :-?
Re: Official Images for Transformers Titans Return Reveals at SDCC2016 #HASBROSDCC (1807710)
Posted by .... on July 21st, 2016 @ 2:59pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

How come both versions of Megs in this line look so bad as far as paint? (Galvs and Megs voyagers.)
Re: Official Images for Transformers Titans Return Reveals at SDCC2016 #HASBROSDCC (1807713)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 21st, 2016 @ 3:04pm CDT
SillySpringer wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Because they don't use paint apps, just like most every other figure in the line, needing to drive up profits every quarter is literally sucking the beauty out of the line >:oP
Re: Official Images for Transformers Titans Return Reveals at SDCC2016 #HASBROSDCC (1807714)
Posted by william-james88 on July 21st, 2016 @ 3:04pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:

It looks hilarious. :lol:

Alpha Trion sounds choice. he needs a majestic shield to go with that sword!
Re: Official Images for Transformers Titans Return Reveals at SDCC2016 #HASBROSDCC (1807717)
Posted by King Kuuga on July 21st, 2016 @ 3:06pm CDT
I'm satisfied with my leader Megatron from last year squaring off against classics Prime. He's taller, sure, but it makes sense for him to overpower Prime a bit. Prime has to go Powermaster to stand toe to toe with him. I will, however, happily buy the eventual Blitzwing retool of this toy.

Gnaw looks great, I'll take 3. Bumblebee also looks fantastic. I'll happily replace my Thrilling 30 Legends Bee with him, but I think Classics Bee is still my preferred shelf Bee. This guy can be dangled upside down by Devastator.
Re: Official Images for Transformers Titans Return Reveals at SDCC2016 #HASBROSDCC (1807718)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on July 21st, 2016 @ 3:06pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:

It looks hilarious. :lol:

Alpha Trion sounds choice. he needs a majestic shield to go with that sword!

Brilliant!! Now I want Alpha Trion more than ever!!
Re: Official Images for Transformers Titans Return Reveals at SDCC2016 #HASBROSDCC (1807719)
Posted by .... on July 21st, 2016 @ 3:07pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

A lot of them don't need them though. In fact, all of the figures look fine except for those two voyagers who happen to both be the same character from g1. At least the faces of all the rest look from okay to great. Megs and Galvs though have the nastiest colorations of faces ever. I have always hated that gray color, ESPECIALLY on a Megatron.
Re: Official Images for Transformers Titans Return Reveals at SDCC2016 #HASBROSDCC (1807721)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 21st, 2016 @ 3:08pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:

It looks hilarious. :lol:

Alpha Trion sounds choice. he needs a majestic shield to go with that sword!

Yeah, but since the actionmasters are unaffiliated (I believe) and I don't have nostalgia holding me back, I'm thinking I need a cool :CON: to wield it. I hope they make an evil griffin retool out of it, it keeps giving me a He-Man vibe for some reason :-?
Re: Official Images for Transformers Titans Return Reveals at SDCC2016 #HASBROSDCC (1807727)
Posted by william-james88 on July 21st, 2016 @ 3:13pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:

It looks hilarious. :lol:

Alpha Trion sounds choice. he needs a majestic shield to go with that sword!

The titan masters are affiliated

Speaking of titan masters, I found this awesome pic on Deviant art

Re: Official Images for Transformers Titans Return Reveals at SDCC2016 #HASBROSDCC (1807729)
Posted by RAR on July 21st, 2016 @ 3:15pm CDT
It is pretty clear that Megatron is going to be re-used as Blitzwing - but there is something about it that made me think of the Actionmasters Stratotronic Cruiser with Groundpounder. and I'd welcome another use as that - heck I expect they could get Seekers out of it too if they really wanted too.

I would still like the old Generation Blitzwing mould as FlyWheels though.

Anyway Megs looks way better than Galvatron. even if he is a pre-decoration.
-----

Bumblebee is surprising - I like him a lot he looks like tones of fun in a small packet the only down side is the very short forearms and lack of a pistol.

The Sharkticon is an adorable little fella too.

Brainstorm works OK in robot mode and I like the colour - he might need a 3rd party kit for new tails though to really shine.

I'm not sure if the nose cannons are removable if they are not that would be a shame.

-------

Overkill works for me (or whatever they call him) he'd make a terrific little buddy for Soundwave to wield as a gun or to guard his base mode, or fly about in Dragon mode with Laserbeak.

The puddy-cat having a lion head shield mode is kinda fun too. as is a beast-mode headmaster.

It's daft and it puts a big silly grin on my face.

overall fun stuff.
Re: Official Images for Transformers Titans Return Reveals at SDCC2016 #HASBROSDCC (1807731)
Posted by Diem on July 21st, 2016 @ 3:15pm CDT
Bumblebee21 wrote:OH MY GOD ITS LEADER CLASS SIXSHOT!!!!!!

And more importantly, Deluxe Triggerhappy. The first of the 1987 Targetmasters to be revealed, afaik.
Re: Official Images for Transformers Titans Return Reveals at SDCC2016 #HASBROSDCC (1807736)
Posted by .... on July 21st, 2016 @ 3:25pm CDT
@Will: SInce I'm on Deviantart, I have already favorited and commented on that weeks ago. ;)

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "1980 Transformers Takara Hasbro G1 CLIFFJUMPER Action Figure Minibot complete" on EBAY
Buy "Autotech Combiners Transformers Crusher Stalker Striker Nitro Spike OSF 1999" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Megatronus And Optimus Prime Toys R Us Year?" on EBAY
Buy "4 Transformers Cyberverse Power Of The Spark Hot Rod ~Jazz~Bumblebee~Skybyte~" on EBAY
Buy "Flame Toys Kuro Kara Kuri - TARN - Transformers *** USA SELLER ***" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS UK G1 ADVENTURE GAME BOOK, HIGHWAY CLASH – 1980’S" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Battle for Cybertron 3 Sharkticons Attack Hotrod Figures" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA HASBRO TRANSFORMERS G1 SCRAPPER SERIES2 NO CANOPY STAMPED 80 84 JAPAN1985" on EBAY