Official Images: KRE-O Transformers: Quest for Energon

Transformers News: Official Images: KRE-O Transformers: Quest for Energon

Thursday, June 7th, 2012 3:15pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 45,319

The official Transformers facebook page has shared official images of Hasbro upcoming KRE-O Transformers: Quest for Energon building block sets.

KRE-O TRANSFORMERS Battle for Energon Set

KRE-O TRANSFORMERS Cycle Chase Set

KRE-O TRANSFORMERS Decepticon Ambush Set

KRE-O TRANSFORMERS Construction Site Devastator Set

KRE-O TRANSFORMERS Construction Site Devastator Set (Individual Robots)

KRE-O TRANSFORMERS Energon Weapons

KRE-O TRANSFORMERS Battle for Energon Set KREONS

KRE-O TRANSFORMERS Stealth Bumblebee Set

KRE-O TRANSFORMERS Stealth Bumblebee Set KREONS

KRE-O TRANSFORMERS Street Showdown Set

KRE-O TRANSFORMERS Street Showdown Set Vehicle Mode

KRE-O TRANSFORMERS Rotor Rage Set

Credit(s): Transformers facebook page

This article was last modified on Thursday, June 7th, 2012 3:19pm CDT

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Official Images: KRE-O Transformers: Quest for Energon (1387774)
Posted by BeastProwl on June 7th, 2012 @ 3:16pm CDT
I wish these could actually transform.
Re: Official Images: KRE-O Transformers: Quest for Energon (1387777)
Posted by craggy on June 7th, 2012 @ 3:32pm CDT
KRE-O Knock-out has yellow rims! :lol: typical.

Also, yes, I'm sort of surprised these did well enough to warrant this new assortment. I like the wee Kreons, but the building block kits aren't very impressive.
Re: Official Images: KRE-O Transformers: Quest for Energon (1387778)
Posted by Diem on June 7th, 2012 @ 3:32pm CDT
I personally choose to believe that the Vehicon's good white Autobot counterparts are Autoloopers. But who the hell is that Decepticon with them? I'm gonna kick myself when I figure it out.

EDIT: Apparently it's Barricade. Um...what?
Re: Official Images: KRE-O Transformers: Quest for Energon (1387780)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 7th, 2012 @ 3:34pm CDT
That Optimus Prime vs. Megatron set looks rather interesting. Might break down and buy it, just for the fact I can add it to my Optimus Prime vs. Megatron shelf (which displays all my, surprise, Optimus Primes and Megatrons).

Devastator, although interesting, is a pass, considering how much it costs. I'm not paying $100 for Legos that vaguely resemble one of my favorite combiners.

I'm still surprised that Knock Out made a Kre-O appearance, since the line has thus far seen robot/vehicle modes inspired mostly by either G1, the Movie line, or Animated.

Enough with Bumblebee already! You're murdering the fandom with the numbers of Bumblebees you're pumping out!

As I thought when he was first revealed, I hope that since there's going to be a Vortex, that there might be more Combaticon-inspired sets. That COMBINE!

The rest.... eh, I'm more looking forward to the Generations Rebirth (my name for the reborn line to differentiate between the two) line than the rest of them.
Re: Official Images: KRE-O Transformers: Quest for Energon (1387783)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 7th, 2012 @ 3:45pm CDT
Miner, Car, and Jet Vehicons!
G1 Megatron and Soundwave in alt modes? (Devy and BB sets, respectively)
Constructicons you actually construct!
Not digging Vortex's colors, but otherwise he looks amazing.
Re: Official Images: KRE-O Transformers: Quest for Energon (1387785)
Posted by Blurrz on June 7th, 2012 @ 3:55pm CDT
LOL STEALTH BUMBLEBEE

This is either getting cancelled or this will be the last of it.
Re: Official Images: KRE-O Transformers: Quest for Energon (1387792)
Posted by Anonymous on June 7th, 2012 @ 4:13pm CDT
Diem wrote:EDIT: Apparently it's Barricade. Um...what?

Given the bike and sidecar a mini Axer would have made more sense.
Re: Official Images: KRE-O Transformers: Quest for Energon (1387804)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on June 7th, 2012 @ 4:49pm CDT
I think Megs' more deserving of that shotgun, don't you? Image
Re: Official Images: KRE-O Transformers: Quest for Energon (1387807)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 7th, 2012 @ 4:58pm CDT
cannonfodder4000 wrote:Image
I think Megs' more deserving of that shotgun, don't you? Image

Eh, more like a fusion cannon. That has a sword on it. >:oP
Re: Official Images: KRE-O Transformers: Quest for Energon (1387809)
Posted by Diem on June 7th, 2012 @ 5:00pm CDT
cannonfodder4000 wrote:Image
I think Megs' more deserving of that shotgun, don't you? Image

Silly Megatron, being a gun to a an axe fight.
Re: Official Images: KRE-O Transformers: Quest for Energon (1387823)
Posted by Atomatron on June 7th, 2012 @ 5:30pm CDT
better than expected...but still only want the robot Kreons from ebay :-B
Re: Official Images: KRE-O Transformers: Quest for Energon (1387874)
Posted by triKlops on June 7th, 2012 @ 9:31pm CDT
some of these sets look interesting
the Vehicons are a thumbs up and the Autoroopers as well; if thats what they are
weapons look good as well as the new color combos for things
we'll see what the price points are before i put down the loot though
Re: Official Images: KRE-O Transformers: Quest for Energon (1387877)
Posted by RAcast on June 7th, 2012 @ 9:42pm CDT
I know they showed off Swindle at Botcon, I'm definitely looking forward to that. :) I do likes me some Swindle!
Re: Official Images: KRE-O Transformers: Quest for Energon (1387880)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on June 7th, 2012 @ 10:22pm CDT
Who's in the Cycle Chase Set? Autotroopers VS Barricade?

As for the Helecoptor... Who's he supposed to be? Spinster?
Seriously, I'll be more exited over individual Kreons... Like how lego does bind-packed minifigures... I'll buy all.

Oh, seems like the Bumblebee repaint was evident even in lego-formers.
Re: Official Images: KRE-O Transformers: Quest for Energon (1387883)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 7th, 2012 @ 10:40pm CDT
gavinfuzzy wrote:As for the Helecoptor... Who's he supposed to be? Spinster?

Vortex.
Re: Official Images: KRE-O Transformers: Quest for Energon (1387912)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on June 8th, 2012 @ 2:27am CDT
Vortex actually looks good to me...Might pick him up assuming he isn't over-priced.
Re: Official Images: KRE-O Transformers: Quest for Energon (1388203)
Posted by Sirtank on June 9th, 2012 @ 7:24am CDT
Man... I really don't know about these new sets. I love the new Kreons, and will buy most of these sets to get them, but the building sets themselves are pretty weak. The best set from the first series was the movie Bumblebee. The car was sweet. Starscream and Sideswipe weren't bad either. I really wish they had followed up with some more well made G1 cars. A thundercracker or Skywarp would have been a no brainer as well. And where is Hound? Didn't they show his Kreon last year at one of the shows? I'm just affraid with a series this weak, we won't get another one. There was a lot of potential for this line, and I think they might have messed it up with some strange choices. Vortex? really? Uggh those colors are so terrible they must be from G2. Brawl or Swindle would have been a much better choice.
Re: Official Images: KRE-O Transformers: Quest for Energon (1388218)
Posted by RAcast on June 9th, 2012 @ 8:30am CDT
Sirtank wrote:Man... I really don't know about these new sets. I love the new Kreons, and will buy most of these sets to get them, but the building sets themselves are pretty weak. The best set from the first series was the movie Bumblebee. The car was sweet. Starscream and Sideswipe weren't bad either. I really wish they had followed up with some more well made G1 cars. A thundercracker or Skywarp would have been a no brainer as well. And where is Hound? Didn't they show his Kreon last year at one of the shows? I'm just affraid with a series this weak, we won't get another one. There was a lot of potential for this line, and I think they might have messed it up with some strange choices. Vortex? really? Uggh those colors are so terrible they most be from G2. Brawl or Swindle would have been a much better choice.

Swindle was shown off at Botcon, and he looks glorious!

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #241 - Toy Fair 2020
"Toy Fair 2020"
Posted: Monday, February 24th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Bot Shots Acid Storm & GI Joe Steeler" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS FIRE TRUCK QUAD HEAT WAVE BRUSH FIRE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SOUNDBLASTER voyager Fall Of Cybertron LOOSE complete Buzzsaw" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Power of the Spark Sonic Swirl Slipstream By Hasbro New" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2009 Transformers G1 Soundwave and 4 "Tapes" - 25th Anniversary Reissue" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Classics Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fall of Cybertron FOC Deluxe Decepticon Insecticon Kickback" on EBAY
Buy "Loose Transformers Botbots Series 3 Lost Bots Trisourtops Triceretops Orange" on EBAY