Official Images of Alternity A-04 Thundercracker

Transformers News: Official Images of Alternity A-04 Thundercracker

Thursday, July 1st, 2010 10:56AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 30,079

Takara will follow up with their Alternity toyline by releasing the line's third seeker, Thundercracker. A repaint using the Skywarp mold, the figure features a metallic blue colorscheme. Amazon.co.jp hooks us up with a product page, and that also means official images. Check them out below!

Thundercracker is set for release this October, and you can pre-order the figure at any of our sponsors on the right sidebar.

Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): Amazon.co.jp

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Official Images of Alternity A-04 Thundercracker (1092818)
Posted by Tekka on July 1st, 2010 @ 11:08am CDT
Aren't these still just photoshops of Skywarp?
Re: Official Images of Alternity A-04 Thundercracker (1092822)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on July 1st, 2010 @ 11:14am CDT
I love this mold. Bought Skywarp at Botcon. Need to get Starscream and Thundercracker now.
Re: Official Images of Alternity A-04 Thundercracker (1092824)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 1st, 2010 @ 11:17am CDT
Tekka wrote:Aren't these still just photoshops of Skywarp?

Yep, have Skywarp as my desktop wallpaper and the poses match.
Re: Official Images of Alternity A-04 Thundercracker (1092826)
Posted by Badassimus Prime on July 1st, 2010 @ 11:20am CDT
Re: Official Images of Alternity A-04 Thundercracker (1092839)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 1st, 2010 @ 11:55am CDT
AutobotJazz87 wrote:I have a question to those who own this mold: How big is this guy compared to the Classics/Henkei Deluxe figures?

I don't own one, but I got to handle one at Botcon and to be honest, I found him very detailed and very disappointing.

If you own Alternator Battle Ravage, I think that's a very good comparison. If you're looking for a snazzy Alternity figure, go with Red Convoy or Blue Megatron, both are striking and good figures.

The seeker mold is fiddly and kind of "not-fun". For what that's worth.
Re: Official Images of Alternity A-04 Thundercracker (1092841)
Posted by omega666 on July 1st, 2010 @ 11:58am CDT
Sold.
Re: Official Images of Alternity A-04 Thundercracker (1092852)
Posted by Mykltron on July 1st, 2010 @ 12:23pm CDT

Alternity are all delux sized.
Re: Official Images of Alternity A-04 Thundercracker (1092855)
Posted by onewaydown on July 1st, 2010 @ 12:26pm CDT
Mykltron wrote:

Alternity are all delux sized.

I have Skywarp and Generations Thrust on my desk here. The tops of Thrust's air intakes are just over Skywarps chest shield - almost level to Skywarp's eyes/nose. So with Skywarps intakes, he's about an inch taller.
Re: Official Images of Alternity A-04 Thundercracker (1092861)
Posted by Forgotten on July 1st, 2010 @ 12:33pm CDT

That help any?
Re: Official Images of Alternity A-04 Thundercracker (1092863)
Posted by Badassimus Prime on July 1st, 2010 @ 12:35pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:

The seeker mold is fiddly and kind of "not-fun". For what that's worth.

Yeah, to be honest I'm not impressed with these representing the Seekers. However, the only reason I wanted to know if they were deluxe size is mainly to see if I could replace the head with Generations Blurr and just call it that :D As off topic as this may get, I'm not too happy with Generations Blurr being a repaint of Drift's mold. It's a great mold but I just don't see Blurr in it. I'll have to do more research on this Alternity mold before I purchase it for my kitbash reasons though. Thanks for all of the feedback guys, I really appreciate it!

@Forgotten, Yes it really does. Thank you for providing a comparision pic :D
Re: Official Images of Alternity A-04 Thundercracker (1092927)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on July 1st, 2010 @ 2:57pm CDT
Sort of a no-brainer here. :p
Re: Official Images of Alternity A-04 Thundercracker (1092931)
Posted by Overcracker on July 1st, 2010 @ 3:09pm CDT
I must admit I'm a Thundercracker whore. Going as far as buying the Cybertron Thundercracker mold which is complete trash.

But these Alternity Orochi cars just don't do it for me. I think I'm going to skip this one. I'll save those 50 bucks to pay for my Piranacon set.
Re: Official Images of Alternity A-04 Thundercracker (1093119)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 1st, 2010 @ 11:14pm CDT
I think it should be pointed out that, in these Alternity bodies, Starscream, Skywarp, and Thundercracker are no longer called "Seekers". In these forms, they are known as the "Questors". ;)
Re: Official Images of Alternity A-04 Thundercracker (1093238)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 2nd, 2010 @ 6:51am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I think it should be poointed out that, in these Alternity bodies, Starscream, Skywarp, and Thundercracker are no longer called "Seekers". In these forms, they are known as the "Questors". ;)

They were never called Seekers in Japanese fiction to begin with, just generically "Jetron" :P
Re: Official Images of Alternity A-04 Thundercracker (1093859)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 3rd, 2010 @ 12:01pm CDT
I want to see pictures of the actual toy, but I do have a preorder already.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #226 - Fire in the Sky
"Fire in the Sky"
Posted: Sunday, July 7th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Legends LG06 Gelshark Takara Tomy Japan USED BOX DAMAGED***" on EBAY
Buy "LG-EX Black Convoy Tokyo Toy Show 2017 Limited Transformers Legends figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-10B Black Convoy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG20 Skids Japan new ." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Bombshell 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Deluxe Slipstream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW V-Class SKY LYNX Christmas Toy Gift" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Strafe Generations Takara Henkei Japan Exclusive" on EBAY