Official Images of DA15 Jetwing Optimus Prime and DA16 Ultimate Ironhide

Official Images of DA15 Jetwing Optimus Prime and DA16 Ultimate Ironhide

Friday, June 17th, 2011 12:17am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 66,731

Takara Tomy have updated their Transformers Darkside Moon website with product pages for DA15 Jetwing Optimus Prime and DA16 Utimate Ironhide. These official images give us some of our best looks yet at Jetwing Optimus Prime especially in his alt mode. The images are mirrored below.

Credit(s): Takara Tomy

Re: Official Images of DA15 Jetwing Optimus Prime and DA16 Ultimate Ironhide (1241427)
Posted by Seibertron on June 17th, 2011 @ 12:20am CDT
Argh! What the heck did they do to Ironhide's legs?

Re: Official Images of DA15 Jetwing Optimus Prime and DA16 Ultimate Ironhide (1241428)
Posted by robofreak on June 17th, 2011 @ 12:27am CDT
Is it just me or does the Hasbro version look better than the Takara Ironhide?
Re: Official Images of DA15 Jetwing Optimus Prime and DA16 Ultimate Ironhide (1241431)
Posted by 0ptimus Prime on June 17th, 2011 @ 12:40am CDT
Re: Official Images of DA15 Jetwing Optimus Prime and DA16 Ultimate Ironhide (1241439)
Posted by Captziltoid on June 17th, 2011 @ 1:10am CDT
ok that is waaay too much blue on ironhide. and jetwing optimus can fly off a cliff. that grey is dull as hell and those wings just look too insecty to me. glad i have buster prime. *cuddles with buster prime*
Re: Official Images of DA15 Jetwing Optimus Prime and DA16 Ultimate Ironhide (1241441)
Posted by Blurrz on June 17th, 2011 @ 1:13am CDT
0ptimus Prime wrote:I think they just put some jeans on Ironhide and called it a day. I christen this version "Levi's Ironhide."

:APPLAUSE:
Re: Official Images of DA15 Jetwing Optimus Prime and DA16 Ultimate Ironhide (1241447)
Posted by Screamfleet on June 17th, 2011 @ 1:19am CDT
they're not even acid washed....
Re: Official Images of DA15 Jetwing Optimus Prime and DA16 Ultimate Ironhide (1241467)
Posted by NamelessOne on June 17th, 2011 @ 2:36am CDT
Ironhide looks identical to the Hasbro version I got recently.

This Jetwing Prime in alt mode looks more and more like the trailer/back section/whatever it is, is 'mid-transformation' of the truck-trailer into this kind of 'not quite whats in DOTM, but it'll do" re-use of the Leader Prime mold.

Now, if we just knew what on earth this 'Ultra Prime' for $200 is from Takara, we could make a 'best choice' out of the 3....
Re: Official Images of DA15 Jetwing Optimus Prime and DA16 Ultimate Ironhide (1241486)
Posted by starwarrior1227 on June 17th, 2011 @ 4:49am CDT
i love that optimus!
ya a short on paint but i wanted to paint it myself in the first place.
Re: Official Images of DA15 Jetwing Optimus Prime and DA16 Ultimate Ironhide (1241492)
Posted by freaky777 on June 17th, 2011 @ 5:19am CDT
I think the Ironhide should be the same as Hasbro's one. I would guess is these pictures are photoshopped and perhaps have lighten the values too much causing the picture to look a little to light.
Re: Official Images of DA15 Jetwing Optimus Prime and DA16 Ultimate Ironhide (1241494)
Posted by Mykltron on June 17th, 2011 @ 5:25am CDT
'Ultimate' Ironhide is still wearing jeans.
Re: Official Images of DA15 Jetwing Optimus Prime and DA16 Ultimate Ironhide (1241497)
Posted by Starscream GaGa on June 17th, 2011 @ 5:36am CDT
NaM3L3sS wrote:I would like some clarification as to what the hell the differences are from Jetwing to Ultimate - people keep saying that Ultimate has the trailer, (I have one on preorder at BBTS, whether I'll keep the preorder on when it starts to ship, I dunno, I haven't made up my mind yet)

Jetwing Pirme and Ultimate Prime are completely different figures. Ultimate Optimus' wings can turn into a trailer, like it does in the movie, but looks hideously non-screen-accurate, furthermore, the actually Prime toy is a completely new mold.

Jetwing Prime is a retool of Buster Prime with a new stomach and slight remolding to the back to allow for a tighter fit to the wings as well as Mechtech-ports on his arms. The wings can't transform into a trailer but look pretty well perfectly screen accurate.
Re: Official Images of DA15 Jetwing Optimus Prime and DA16 Ultimate Ironhide (1241509)
Posted by DevastaTTor on June 17th, 2011 @ 6:57am CDT
If Takara gives JW Prime the Buster paint/chrome, I'll definitely pick him up. I like the set but not the bland gray plastic.
Re: Official Images of DA15 Jetwing Optimus Prime and DA16 Ultimate Ironhide (1241510)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 17th, 2011 @ 7:04am CDT
Wow. I already have Leader Ironhide and like him much better than what I'm seeing here. Also, I will pass on the Prime.
Re: Official Images of DA15 Jetwing Optimus Prime and DA16 Ultimate Ironhide (1241716)
Posted by Xterminator on June 17th, 2011 @ 1:47pm CDT
Could someone with sharper eyes point the differences ?
Re: Official Images of DA15 Jetwing Optimus Prime and DA16 Ultimate Ironhide (1241731)
Posted by Counterpunch on June 17th, 2011 @ 2:54pm CDT
Jetwing OP is unacceptably priced.
Re: Official Images of DA15 Jetwing Optimus Prime and DA16 Ultimate Ironhide (1241875)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 17th, 2011 @ 7:17pm CDT
Xterminator wrote:Am I color blind ? I don't see any difference between Hasbro's Leader Ironhide and Takara's Ultimate.
Could someone with sharper eyes point the differences ?

Takara Ironhide's legs are waaaay too blue. Hasbro's were gray. Thus the blue jeans remarks.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "MIP Loyal Subjects -Transformers - Blitzwing Glow in the Dark - HASTINGS" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2017 Exclusive The Last Knight Optimus Prime AND Transformers AOE Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Jada Nano Hollywood Rides Optimus Prime- Bumblebee & Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Loyal Subjects Transformers Bonecrusher Longhaul Mirage Figure Lot Hot Topic Red" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Exclusive Platinum Edition Action Figure Silver Knight Prime" on EBAY
Buy "2020-Jada-Nano Hollywood Rides-TRANSFORMERS-Starscream,Bumblebee,Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Bumblebee Hex Bug Nano Micro Robotics Transformers 4 Age of Extinction HexBug" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Age of Extinction  OPTIMUS PRIME  FIRST EDITION Leader Class NIB" on EBAY