Official Images of Masterpiece Thrust

Official Images of Masterpiece Thrust

Wednesday, June 8th, 2016 11:33pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Hellscream9999   Views: 16,930

Fellow Seibertronians, hot on the heels of it's reveal earlier tonight, we now bring you official images of Masterpiece Thrust that were posted to TakaraTomy Mall and show off the - now familiar - functions of the figure. They have been mirrored below, so, as always, leave your thoughts and comments below.

Transformers News: Official Images of Masterpiece Thrust

Transformers News: Official Images of Masterpiece Thrust

Transformers News: Official Images of Masterpiece Thrust

Transformers News: Official Images of Masterpiece Thrust

Transformers News: Official Images of Masterpiece Thrust

Transformers News: Official Images of Masterpiece Thrust

Transformers News: Official Images of Masterpiece Thrust

Transformers News: Official Images of Masterpiece Thrust

Transformers News: Official Images of Masterpiece Thrust

Transformers News: Official Images of Masterpiece Thrust

Credit(s): TakaraTomy Mall

Re: Official Images of Masterpiece Thrust (1796079)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 8th, 2016 @ 11:42pm CDT
Re: Official Images of Masterpiece Thrust (1796081)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 8th, 2016 @ 11:43pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:I know that this is just how this character needs to look, but holy leg kibble batman. That is a bit harder to classify as Forgivikibble :MAXIMAL:

Oh SH|T! You're right, all that crap is stuck onto his legs, man, I pity Ryan - or anyone for that matter for trying to pose that guy #-o
Re: Official Images of Masterpiece Thrust (1796082)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 8th, 2016 @ 11:45pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Exactly what I was thinking. Those legs have to be hindered somewhat with all that stuff. But it looks good and it looks like the character though :MAXIMAL:
Re: Official Images of Masterpiece Thrust (1796084)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 8th, 2016 @ 11:46pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Exactly what I was thinking. Those legs have to be hindered somewhat for days with all that stuff. But it looks good and it looks like the character though :MAXIMAL:

Fixed that for ya :-P
Re: Official Images of Masterpiece Thrust (1796085)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 8th, 2016 @ 11:46pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Thrust has got some serious THUNDER THIGHS. Don't be hatin'. Big is beautiful too! ;)
Re: Official Images of Masterpiece Thrust (1796087)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 8th, 2016 @ 11:47pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

It's not even that, it's just a pair of plane wings duct-taped to his knees :HEADHURTS:

-unless this was a reference that I didn't get
Re: Official Images of Masterpiece Thrust (1796088)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 8th, 2016 @ 11:52pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:-unless this was a reference that I didn't get

I wasn't making any reference to any particular work. But, you do kind of miss how tongue-in-cheek a lot of my observations and comments are meant to be. If you see "winky" or some other special emoticon after a sentence or post of mine, it usually indicates that I'm just having a bit of fun. :)
Re: Official Images of Masterpiece Thrust (1796089)
Posted by Diem on June 8th, 2016 @ 11:53pm CDT
Re: Official Images of Masterpiece Thrust (1796091)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 8th, 2016 @ 11:57pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:-unless this was a reference that I didn't get

I thought it was something along those lines, which is why I replied with a snarky remark ;)^
Re: Official Images of Masterpiece Thrust (1796093)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 8th, 2016 @ 11:59pm CDT
Diem wrote:The wing issue is probably why Dirge is being released last, if at all. I love Dirge, but the lack of a toy-accurate cubehead option is really off-putting.

Oh god, yeah, those huge wings are just gonna be slapped onto his legs; but they could get tricky and give them articulated arms and connect them to the thigh plates :-?
Re: Official Images of Masterpiece Thrust (1796098)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 9th, 2016 @ 12:12am CDT

Re: Official Images of Masterpiece Thrust (1796103)
Posted by Seibertron on June 9th, 2016 @ 12:19am CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Diem don't give Takara any ideas or we'll end up with "toy accurate" versions of these guys at a later date just to milk the mold 3 more times!!! :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Official Images of Masterpiece Thrust (1796105)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 9th, 2016 @ 12:20am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:The color choices for the deco are a little odd since he didn't look quite like that in the cartoon:

Re: Official Images of Masterpiece Thrust (1796107)
Posted by Cyberpath on June 9th, 2016 @ 12:25am CDT

That model sheet is digitally painted by fans incorrectly. The MP colour scheme is spot on.
Re: Official Images of Masterpiece Thrust (1796108)
Posted by Seibertron on June 9th, 2016 @ 12:28am CDT
Here's another look from the Marvel Transformers Universe comic.

Re: Official Images of Masterpiece Thrust (1796109)
Posted by Cyberpath on June 9th, 2016 @ 12:42am CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:The white face is right, but I don't know what's up with the black/dark gray parts clashing with the lighter gray parts. Should only be one shade of gray. I think the painted nosecone in vehicle mode at least creates the illusion (if you don't look between his legs) that it becomes Thrust's actual head in the figure, even though it's magically maroon in the cartoon in jet mode. Funny, that's a screen accuracy cheat they could have easily gotten away with if they wanted to.

jetmode.jpg
Re: Official Images of Masterpiece Thrust (1796111)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on June 9th, 2016 @ 12:58am CDT

Anyways. Looks awesome! Too bad about all the stuff on the legs.
Re: Official Images of Masterpiece Thrust (1796115)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 9th, 2016 @ 1:16am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:
jetmode.jpg

This pleases me greatly. The contrast on the different grays is greatly increasd on the MP figure, but the color choices do make much more sense now. Thanks, Cyberpath! :)

DecepticonFinishline wrote:Woof. I haven't even had my Ramjet shipped from TFsource yet... While I'm here, has anyone else got theirs yet?

Anyways. Looks awesome! Too bad about all the stuff on the legs.

Mine finally came back earlier this week. My package shipped out Tuesday. It was a loooong wait, but I'm happy to have a fixed sample for my collection. The QC'd MP Ramjets seem to be arriving at TFSource in waves, so I bet yours will arrive very soon. Good luck! :)
Re: Official Images of Masterpiece Thrust (1796116)
Posted by Cyberpath on June 9th, 2016 @ 1:22am CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:This pleases me greatly. Thanks, Cyberpath! :)
You got it. ;)^
Re: Official Images of Masterpiece Thrust (1796118)
Posted by Genericon #378 on June 9th, 2016 @ 1:34am CDT
That face :SICK:

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Autobot HOUND Earthrise WFC G1 MISB lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hound - Siege War for Cybertron BNIB" on EBAY
Buy "5x Transformers.All In Boxes Sideswipe,Doubledealer,Shockwave, Skipjack,Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters Firedrive Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "New Sparkless Seeker with Minifigures Transformers War for Cybertron Netflix #3" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War For Cybertron Wheeljack & Red Alert NETFLIX Siege" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Hound" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Impactor+Earthrise Micromaster Astro Squad" on EBAY