Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters

Transformers News: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters

Monday, July 2nd, 2018 1:18PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Collectables
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 23,402

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

We were all wondering how we would get the three remaining Prime Masters and that question has finally been answered. They will be included in the SDCC 2018 Exclusive Transformers Power of the Primes Throne of the Primes set. Not only does this set include a black redeco of Optimal Optimus, but it will have Primes Masters for Amalgamous Prime, Nexus Prime, Prima Prime and a thirteenth Prime Master which sports the same Matrix symbol seen in promotional art. What is odd is that this thirteenth Prime Master has the deco and sculpting based on Prima Prime from the comics (as can be seen below).

The throne we previously saw is cardboard and the plastic packaging disc behind it can store all the Prime Masters. Four Prime Masters can be connected to the Scepter of Sparks accessory as you can see in the photos below. It is still unclear if the crown can come off or not. We do see the smaller Optimus Primal figure which is mostly unchanged from the mass release version aside from a painted crotch.

Here is a breakdown of the Prime Masters included in this set, courtesy of fellow Seibertronian JelZe GoldRabbit.


Amalgamous: retool of Cloudburst/Micronus Prime (so he gets the Waverider shell...)
Nexus: retool of Submarauder/Alchemist Prime
"Matrix": retool of Metalhawk/Vector Prime, as extensive as Bludgeon :shock:
Prima: retool of Octopunch/Solus Prime

Here is the description from the SDCC blog.

Hidden Remote has Hasbro’s latest San Diego Comic-Con exclusive, the Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Throne of the Primes. The SDCC exclusive set features Nexus Prime, Amalgamous Prime, Prima Prime and the Legendary 13th Prime Comic-Con exclusive Prime Master figures. There’s also a Scepter of Sparks accessory, designed to hold four Prime Master figures. The Halo of Primus display can be used to create a display of Prime Master power, with the ability to hold 12 Prime Master figures. No word yet on pricing, but we’ll update when we know more.


Transformers News: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters

Transformers News: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters

Transformers News: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters

Transformers News: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters

Transformers News: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters

Transformers News: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters

Transformers News: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters

Transformers News: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters

Transformers News: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters

Transformers News: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters

Transformers News: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters

Transformers News: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters

Transformers News: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters

Transformers News: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters

Transformers News: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters
Credit(s): SDCC Blog
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters (1968210)
Posted by Flashwave on July 2nd, 2018 @ 1:24pm CDT
Interestinf to note, the staff has slots for 4 Prime Masters in it Omega Lock style. Aai like that.

I want this. I want this a lot. But I bet it sells out immediately and is impossible to find.

EDIT: And you uys got it up while I was writing that post. Stupud work

I wonder if that plastic halo tray is fully circular and can spin? If so, you could put your Other Prime Masters inside it

DecepticonFinishline wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:SDCC 2018 it is. :P

*twitch*




Amalgamous: retool of Cloudburst/Micronus Prime (so he gets the Waverider shell...)
Nexus: retool of Submarauder/Alchemist Prime
"Matrix": retool of Metalhawk/Vector Prime, as extensive as Bludgeon :shock:
Prima: retool of Octopunch/Solus Prime

So mean, Hasbro, so mean... :-(


So. If this is the way we're getting the remaining primes (based on Predaking's card, I think that it is (additionally, we are already getting a Special Edition of Prima)), what in the hell was the point in the pretender shells... What was the GODDAMN POINT?!

And why the Special Editions of the ones that have special editions?!

Hasbro has done a lot of good things to appease the fans this year. But man... This is so... tonedeaf...

The point of the Pretender Shells was to have Pretender Shells. Hasbro (arguably rightfully) believed that they couldbt justify a line of non transfirm8ng $18 Action Hero toys in their pimary toyline, but they knew the Fandom wanted the Pretenders and didnt want them in the dtyle of Classics Skullgrin and Thunderwing, or TR Metalhawk. So they did what they thought would be fair, but wouldnt cist them a ton if they didnt catch on with the Kids majority of the market. Sure they were CAALLED something different, and had odd power up abilities , but those Prime Master dudes are 100% the Pretender they are Pretending to Be so the Fandom can repurpose them. Its not any more complicated than that.
Re: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters (1968211)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 2nd, 2018 @ 1:26pm CDT
The point was to give us updated pretender shells to see if the concept was sellable (I hope).
Re: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters (1968212)
Posted by Highbrowseyebrows on July 2nd, 2018 @ 1:27pm CDT
Its funny how they etched in the other prime candiates into the throne.

This probably going to be $70-80
Re: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters (1968214)
Posted by Skritz on July 2nd, 2018 @ 1:30pm CDT
This set is completely crazy and amazing in all the most silly of ways and I want it. Unfortunately I will never get being an exclusive and having the missing Prime Masters. :-(
Re: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters (1968215)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on July 2nd, 2018 @ 1:38pm CDT
Flashwave wrote:Interestinf to note, the staff has slots for 4 Prime Masters in it Omega Lock style. Aai like that.

I want this. I want this a lot. But I bet it sells out immediately and is impossible to find.

EDIT: And you uys got it up while I was writing that post. Stupud work

DecepticonFinishline wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:SDCC 2018 it is. :P

*twitch*




Amalgamous: retool of Cloudburst/Micronus Prime (so he gets the Waverider shell...)
Nexus: retool of Submarauder/Alchemist Prime
"Matrix": retool of Metalhawk/Vector Prime, as extensive as Bludgeon :shock:
Prima: retool of Octopunch/Solus Prime

So mean, Hasbro, so mean... :-(


So. If this is the way we're getting the remaining primes (based on Predaking's card, I think that it is (additionally, we are already getting a Special Edition of Prima)), what in the hell was the point in the pretender shells... What was the GODDAMN POINT?!

And why the Special Editions of the ones that have special editions?!

Hasbro has done a lot of good things to appease the fans this year. But man... This is so... tonedeaf...

The point of the Pretender Shells was to have Pretender Shells. Hasbro (arguably rightfully) believed that they couldbt justify a line of non transfirm8ng $18 Action Hero toys in their pimary toyline, but they knew the Fandom wanted the Pretenders and didnt want them in the dtyle of Classics Skullgrin and Thunderwing, or TR Metalhawk. So they did what they thought would be fair, but wouldnt cist them a ton if they didnt catch on with the Kids majority of the market. Sure they were CAALLED something different, and had odd power up abilities , but those Prime Master dudes are 100% the Pretender they are Pretending to Be so the Fandom can repurpose them. Its not any more complicated than that.


But... They didn't even really commit to it. Why pick the shells that we got? Why not just do 12 Primes with Shells and then make these other ones special editions...

I hate Pretenders, but they did something cool with it in this line. I was on board as long as all they did one for each of the Primes. But. They didn't... So... Now they're just rando-bois on my shelf. It feels like they don't really serve a purpose anymore. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters (1968216)
Posted by dragons on July 2nd, 2018 @ 1:38pm CDT
Waste of card board for throne expected throne be made plastic for sdcc version
Re: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters (1968217)
Posted by o.supreme on July 2nd, 2018 @ 1:39pm CDT
Yeah, not sure what Hasbro was thinking, other than a way to make more $$$ by possibly packaging a Big Item that fewer fans would want (Movie BB and PotP OpOp Repaint) with smaller items Many fans would want (Dino Casettes & remaining Prime Masters)... :BANG_HEAD: . If I do see the PM's selling individually for a reasonable price, I may try to get them. Otherwise, it is what it is...
Re: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters (1968218)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 2nd, 2018 @ 1:39pm CDT
I see this thing and just think "Supreme emperor monarch Optimus Primal". Like, some dark alternate universe scenario of
Sabrblade wrote:"What if Optimus Primal, instead of Megatron, had been the one who seized total domination over Cybertron following his return to the planet from after Beast Wars?" :P
Re: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters (1968220)
Posted by william-james88 on July 2nd, 2018 @ 1:45pm CDT
Really not impressed with the smaller primal. Was hoping for something fun or different but now that means we end up with basically the same toy for that portion.
Re: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters (1968221)
Posted by Skritz on July 2nd, 2018 @ 1:45pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I see this thing and just think "Supreme emperor monarch Optimus Primal". Like, some dark alternate universe scenario of
Sabrblade wrote:"What if Optimus Primal, instead of Megatron, had been the one who seized total domination over Cybertron following his return to the planet from after Beast Wars?" :P


Well the Optimus Primal depicted in the fan vote was aligned with Chaos, a category which included goddamn [strike]Deathsaurus[/strike] Mysterious Evil in it. G1-era alternate Primal seems much less of the (comparatively) goody two-shoe of the Beast Wars cartoon and more of a barbarian king from the looks of it.

...actually you know what? Optimus Primal-as-Conan the Barbarian sounds like a really cool concept.
Re: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters (1968222)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 2nd, 2018 @ 1:46pm CDT
Ok, time for a bit a recap concerning the availability of the Prime Masters:

Micronus: 1.) general retail
Liege Maximo: 1.) general retail
Vector Prime: 1.) general retail
Alpha Trion: 1.) general retail
Alchemist Prime: 1.) general retail
Quintus Prime: 1.) general retail

Megatronus: 1.) general retail 2.) Special Edition with Blast Off
Solus Prime: 1.) general retail 2.) Special Edition with Repugnus

Onyx Prime: 1.) Special Edition with Predaking

Prima Prime: 1.) SDCC 2018 2.) 2.) Special Edition with Punch/Counterpunch
Amalgamous Prime: 1.) SDCC 2018
Nexus Prime: 1.) SDCC 2018

The final three are of those with the unknown symbols:

"Matrix Prime": SDCC 2018
"Unicron": ???
"The Arisen" ???

8-}
Re: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters (1968223)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 2nd, 2018 @ 1:47pm CDT
Ugh, "Prima Prime" sounds dumb and should have never been used for this line.
Re: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters (1968225)
Posted by william-james88 on July 2nd, 2018 @ 1:50pm CDT
Jelze, that means we are still short of a non special edition Onyx prime.
Re: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters (1968226)
Posted by Latebrus-K on July 2nd, 2018 @ 1:51pm CDT
Feel like I have to get this for the prime masters (perhaps instead of normal primal) but Primal himself is a missed opportunity. They could have done a gorgeous, half-translucent Primal Prime instead and called it Optimus Primal. I’m curious about the halo of Primus, though. It looks like a fun feature and I hope they didn’t graft it onto the throne.
Re: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters (1968227)
Posted by Ultra Markus on July 2nd, 2018 @ 1:53pm CDT
Sorta reminds me of the Convoy Councel
<!-- ia0 -->300px-ConvoyCouncil1.jpg<!-- ia0 -->
Re: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters (1968228)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on July 2nd, 2018 @ 1:57pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:Yeah, not sure what Hasbro was thinking, other than a way to make more $$$ by possibly packaging a Big Item that fewer fans would want (Movie BB and PotP OpOp Repaint) with smaller items Many fans would want (Dino Casettes & remaining Prime Masters)... :BANG_HEAD: . If I do see the PM's selling individually for a reasonable price, I may try to get them. Otherwise, it is what it is...


That largely depends on the fans. I'm not into the movie line, but if I was, I would want the Bumbleebee way more than the obscure cassette's. Don't get me wrong, they are very cool, but without a G1 Soundwave/Blaster, they are virtually useless to me.

As for the generations line, I have a much different take on this. I was just meh on the regular release Primal. This one I like much better and ti comes with bonus prime masters and a cool looking scepter. Instant buy for me, and regular release is history, no interest any more.
Re: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters (1968230)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 2nd, 2018 @ 2:03pm CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
o.supreme wrote:Yeah, not sure what Hasbro was thinking, other than a way to make more $$$ by possibly packaging a Big Item that fewer fans would want (Movie BB and PotP OpOp Repaint) with smaller items Many fans would want (Dino Casettes & remaining Prime Masters)... :BANG_HEAD: . If I do see the PM's selling individually for a reasonable price, I may try to get them. Otherwise, it is what it is...


That largely depends on the fans. I'm not into the movie line, but if I was, I would want the Bumbleebee way more than the obscure cassette's. Don't get me wrong, they are very cool, but without a G1 Soundwave/Blaster, they are virtually useless to me.

As for the generations line, I have a much different take on this. I was just meh on the regular release Primal. This one I like much better and ti comes with bonus prime masters and a cool looking scepter. Instant buy for me, and regular release is history, no interest any more.


I just want the gold Studio Bumblebee. That's all. None of this other stuff interests me in the slightest. Power of the Primes offered some characters i had wanted new toys of but ruined their potential by cramming in gimmicks i never wanted (like combining Dinobots) or by making them worse than the 30 year old previous toy instead of improving on them (the Pretenders). Those cassettes that come with Bee look like garbage. I can understand the appeal of Laserbeak or even Ravage (as much as I hated the G1 Ravage toy but liked his Marvel comics portrayal) but those dinosaurs have always looked half-assed crap from the then already very tired cassette concept. There's only so many ways to get a half-decent looking toy out of a transforming cassette and they'd already exhausted it by that point. That Optimal looks better than the regular release just by having a non-eyesore colour scheme and that grealy improves the look of the toy but I still don't care for it but can see the appeal for other collectors.
Re: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters (1968231)
Posted by Latebrus-K on July 2nd, 2018 @ 2:05pm CDT
Hang on, have we ever seen this symbol before? I don’t have the original reference handy, but this not being one of the 13 we know or Optimus’s face suggests Unicron or something else entirely. Could this mean there are even more prime masters to be released?
Re: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters (1968232)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 2nd, 2018 @ 2:08pm CDT
Latebrus-K wrote:Hang on, have we ever seen this symbol before? I don’t have the original reference handy, but this not being one of the 13 we know or Optimus’s face suggests Unicron or something else entirely. Could this mean there are even more prime masters to be released?


Kinda reminds me of upsidedown Fallen face :lol: But no, 15 is all we got.
Re: Official Images of SDCC 2018 Exclusive POTP Throne of the Primes Set with Missing Prime Masters (1968233)
Posted by itscramtastic on July 2nd, 2018 @ 2:08pm CDT
So..the Scepter of Primes in conjunction with the Halo of Primus is the Infinity Gauntlet?! More reasons to buy. :lol:
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #203 - Light Bringer
Twincast / Podcast #203:
"Light Bringer"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, July 15th, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon