Official Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing

Official Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing

Saturday, June 1st, 2019 11:37am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Nathaniel Prime   Views: 19,990

Fellow Seibertronians, yours truly has some exciting news regarding the newly "revealed" Transformers Selects War For Cybertron Siege Redwing! Hasbro Asia has provided us some official stock photos showing the detail, paint scheme, and packaging of the exciting upcoming figure for us to gush over. Pricing has not yet been confirmed at the time of writing, so stay tuned for more information on this upcoming release. We have mirrored the pictures for your convenience.

This toy is currently available for preorder at Robotkingdom.com for $35.90 USD. The markup is because Robotkingdom is not the exclusive retailer.

Transformers News: Official Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing

Transformers News: Official Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing

Transformers News: Official Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing

Transformers News: Official Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing

Transformers News: Official Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing

Transformers News: Official Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing

Transformers News: Official Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing

Transformers News: Official Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing

Are you excited for another obscure Seeker release, or will you be passing this altogether? Tell us in the discussion below.

Credit(s): Hasbro Asia

Re: Official Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023180)
Posted by Flashwave on June 1st, 2019 @ 12:15pm CDT
...this may make me want to go back and get the main three.

But you know what? I would much rather have gotten this in the Classics mold. Yes I realize that toy is ancient, does not match the play pattern, and is too small, but for completion's sake, couldnt we have gotten it one more time?
Re: Official Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023181)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on June 1st, 2019 @ 12:18pm CDT
That white face and the colors definetely give me an Armada Starscream vibe. Might need to get a sword for this guy. Any suggestions?
Re: Official Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023184)
Posted by Stargrave on June 1st, 2019 @ 12:38pm CDT
Maybe a clear orange version of the Micromaster Air Patrol - kiiiiinda in that same vein kiiiinda nod to the IDW version of the swords kiiiiinda would be a clear orange burning guts fire mega spyblade ooook with that Dazzlestrike fire effect? Side of spicy wings with that? Sweating yet?
Re: Official Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023185)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 1st, 2019 @ 12:42pm CDT
Flashwave wrote:...this may make me want to go back and get the main three.

I'm surprised that mold survived all the uses; 30 give or take. :shock:
Re: Official Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023189)
Posted by Gemstonegemini on June 1st, 2019 @ 1:17pm CDT
Honestly, this is by far my favourtie colour scheme for the Siege Seeker mold, and I am definitely very tempted. He's almost Armada Starscream, to the point where I think I would just repurpose him as such for the start of my CHUG seekers collection.
Re: Official Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023191)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on June 1st, 2019 @ 2:03pm CDT
Re: Official Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023195)
Posted by Skritz on June 1st, 2019 @ 2:41pm CDT
I really hope this guy is available on Big Bad Toy Store and/or Amazon. >:oP
Re: Official Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023204)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on June 1st, 2019 @ 3:48pm CDT
Re: Official Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023209)
Posted by Skritz on June 1st, 2019 @ 5:37pm CDT
Decepticon Stryker wrote:This is nice and all and I'll probably get him but: why am I supposed to like him?

There's not really anything going on, being such an obscure character born of misunderstanding between Takara, Hasbro, E-Hobby and Funpub. So I guess the appeal is 1) Hey, one more Siege seeker! and 2) Well, he's never had a toy before!.

Maybe add 3) Hey, we can actually buy an obscure-ass Seeker figure without Botcon these days! Hooray!
Re: Official Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023212)
Posted by DeathReviews on June 1st, 2019 @ 5:45pm CDT
If I get Thundercracker, I'm totally swapping his head with Starscream's.
Re: Official Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023215)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 1st, 2019 @ 6:10pm CDT
DeathReviews wrote:If I get Thundercracker, I'm totally swapping his head with Starscream's.

I think a LOT of fans are planning on doing the same, honestly. It shouldn't be hard to do either. Starscream's head comes off without much effort.
Re: Official Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023219)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on June 1st, 2019 @ 6:32pm CDT
Skritz wrote:

I would also add 4) His color scheme is very similar/the same as Armada Starscream, if you're into that, and 5) the fan involvement with the character's creation, as it's pretty much Powered Convoy's fault that Red Wing went from misunderstanding to obscure Seeker/actual character, and I at least think that's pretty cool. ;)^
Re: Official Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023221)
Posted by Skritz on June 1st, 2019 @ 6:37pm CDT
His color is certainly lovingly eye-popping and he'd definitely look great in a crowd because in general bright red Decepticons aren't quite common. In fact I'm fairly certain he's the only red one in Siege so far and yes, I do sort of count him as a Siege toy.
Re: Official Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023225)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 1st, 2019 @ 6:54pm CDT
Yeah, Redwing is by far the best looking Seeker to use that mold so far. I will get him.
Re: Official Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023228)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on June 1st, 2019 @ 7:36pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Count me among them. HasTak obviously goofed and mixed up the face sculpts at the factory.

Skritz wrote:

Yeah, he's basically just another distinct Seeker for the ranks. With the bonus of being one who has no prior toy
Re: Official Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023234)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on June 1st, 2019 @ 9:46pm CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:I'm loving this color scheme. I'm probably only going to pick up this guy, Skywarp, and Thundercracker in terms of this mold. The battle damage on Starscream kinda ruins that figure for me so I might just repurpose this figure as Armada Starscream's cybertronian mode

If the battle damage is the only issue, just wipe it off with some rubbing alcohol. I like the damage overall, but I might wipe it off of some figures after I add Selects characters like Smokescreen.
Re: Official Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023236)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 1st, 2019 @ 10:48pm CDT
AcademyofDrX wrote:

You can't wipe off the battle damage when it's paint on paint, though. Battle damage paint on bare plastic is no problem to remove, but when it's on top of already paint on detail, you're going to lose both paints in the process.
Re: Official Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023241)
Posted by ausbot on June 2nd, 2019 @ 2:42am CDT
Sunstorm or Acid storm please or even the periwinkle generic would be awesome.
Re: Official Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023247)
Posted by Skritz on June 2nd, 2019 @ 9:41am CDT
ausbot wrote:Sunstorm or Acid storm please or even the periwinkle generic would be awesome.

If you are referring to the 'Rainmaker' trio, then the yellow one is not Sunstorm but rather called Nova Storm. Their trio consist of Acid Storm, Nova Storm and Ion Storm. People assume Sunstorm is considered a Rainmaker (he isn't, its Nova Storm who is the yellow one)....except when his Botcon set is called that due to miscommunications. Oops.
Re: Official Images of Transformers Generations Select Red Wing (2023257)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on June 2nd, 2019 @ 1:40pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
AcademyofDrX wrote:

As you discovered with Sideswipe.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Series Bumblebee & Starscream Hero Mashers Hasbro Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Steeljaw See pictures !" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Grimlock See pictures !" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Autobot Intel Ops: Blaster, Perceptor & Cassettes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Insecticons 3-Pack (Bombshell, Kickback, Shrapnel)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction SNARL  dinobot Deluxe With Manual" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS "GRIMLOCK" 20" STOMP & CHOMP FIGURE toy ROBOTS IN DISGUISE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction SNARL" on EBAY