Official Images of Transformers United UN-16 Blurr

Transformers News: Official Images of Transformers United UN-16 Blurr

Thursday, October 21st, 2010 7:28AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 36,657

Toys R Us Japan has open the pre-order page for upcoming Takara Tomy Transformers United UN-16 Blurr.
The Japanese version of Blurr is scheduled to be released in 26th February 2011.

Notable differences of United Blurr are darker blue colour head sculpt and silver colour crotch.

Check out Toy R Us Japan pre-order page here.

Don't forget to visit Seibertron's gallery on Generations Blurr for comparison.

Seibertron, Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): Mach

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Official Images of Transformers United UN-16 Blurr (1138158)
Posted by WeatherManNX01 on October 21st, 2010 @ 7:33am CDT
Whoa. That really is darker. I think I like the Hasbro coloring better on this. It wouldn't be too bad if not for the dark blue head.
Re: Official Images of Transformers United UN-16 Blurr (1138159)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on October 21st, 2010 @ 7:34am CDT
Didn't think it possible to make him look worse.
Re: Official Images of Transformers United UN-16 Blurr (1138160)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 21st, 2010 @ 7:36am CDT
Re: Official Images of Transformers United UN-16 Blurr (1138164)
Posted by Hal7300 on October 21st, 2010 @ 7:49am CDT
Lord Onixprime wrote:Didn't think it possible to make him look worse.

QFT
Re: Official Images of Transformers United UN-16 Blurr (1138165)
Posted by Counterpunch on October 21st, 2010 @ 7:55am CDT
So, United Blurr is actually less detailed with increased paint aps? WTF?

Look at his crotch (heh) and his shoulders where the symbols are. United has more paint, but less detail involved.

As for the head, Yes, the dark blue is more accurate to the cartoon head's helmet, but it completely leaves out the white face and makes for too much dark blue.

I dare say that the Generations version is superior. Hunh.
Re: Official Images of Transformers United UN-16 Blurr (1138166)
Posted by Flux Convoy on October 21st, 2010 @ 7:57am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:poor blurr. hot rod got a new mold, kup got a new mold (i think) but blurr has to share a body mold with a crap character.

You sir, are a broken record. Kinda surprised I don't dig this much. Guess Hasbro gets my money this round. I certainly like theirs much more.
:BOT:
Re: Official Images of Transformers United UN-16 Blurr (1138167)
Posted by Rated X on October 21st, 2010 @ 7:57am CDT
Re: Official Images of Transformers United UN-16 Blurr (1138173)
Posted by Mkall on October 21st, 2010 @ 8:13am CDT
I don't hate this colourscheme, but I don't think I need it.
Re: Official Images of Transformers United UN-16 Blurr (1138177)
Posted by Cheetron on October 21st, 2010 @ 8:19am CDT
I don't know. He just looks so mean. Darker color or not, he looks like he's mad at himself.
Re: Official Images of Transformers United UN-16 Blurr (1138181)
Posted by Counterpunch on October 21st, 2010 @ 8:30am CDT
Rated X wrote:Looks nothing like blurr especially the head ! And the car mode is not G1. This figure is a waste. Just a way for Hasbro to milk the drift mold. I may buy but I am dissappointed. Kup is alot more G1. Why did they screw up Blurr ???

Find a copy of IDW's Spotlight Blurr. You'll see.
Re: Official Images of Transformers United UN-16 Blurr (1138185)
Posted by kirbenvost on October 21st, 2010 @ 8:35am CDT
Huh is right. I'm surprised it doesn't look as good as the Hasbro one. Would probably have gotten the Hasbro version anyway due to cost, but now I can feel even better about the decision.
Re: Official Images of Transformers United UN-16 Blurr (1138192)
Posted by Sodan-1 on October 21st, 2010 @ 8:51am CDT
Still not completely won over with this mold for Blurr, but hey, you've got to go with what you're given or you don't get anything. In this case I think it's another win for Hasbro.

Does anyone else think that Hasbro and Takara have decided to take it in turns to have better colour schemes? I just can't get over the turn around of our reactions. Before the only thing that would make us go Hasbro was the price, and now we prefer them to Takara's for the most part.
Re: Official Images of Transformers United UN-16 Blurr (1138194)
Posted by _Anshin_ on October 21st, 2010 @ 8:52am CDT

While I agree this isn't the greatest released version of Blurr, I have to disagree with what you say. I first thought Drift was the worst and lamest character to be created, but I honestly have to say after reading the comics and taking a better look at the character and design he has grown on me. I mean the toy could be worse. It could look like one of the transformers from Michael Bay or worse, like the latest craptacular releases like Strafe or Chopper
Re: Official Images of Transformers United UN-16 Blurr (1138200)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on October 21st, 2010 @ 9:06am CDT
Pass. Not digging the off white racing stripe or the head at all.
Re: Official Images of Transformers United UN-16 Blurr (1138210)
Posted by Prime Evil on October 21st, 2010 @ 9:28am CDT
Y'know, I'm probably one of the few that don't hate this version, but is it $31 worth of a toy. No! I wish the US release didn't have the white face, but what can ya do.

Man, people got nothing else to do but beat that dead horse that Blurr is a Drift repaint.
Re: Official Images of Transformers United UN-16 Blurr (1138211)
Posted by --B-- on October 21st, 2010 @ 9:29am CDT
First Lugnut, then Drift and now Blurr, thankfully the Hasbro (i. e. cheaper) versions are winning out. Grapple is 50/50 at this point, but I think once I see non-photoshopped pics the hasbro version will win out. I can't see United doing much different with Jazz, Windcharger, Scourge, Perceptor and Kup. Tracks will have the better hood design for United, but reprolabels will make a label set to fix that. I guess it's only Wreck-gar that may get a major need for (I have to assume United will not use the grey plastic) importing.
Re: Official Images of Transformers United UN-16 Blurr (1138228)
Posted by Rated X on October 21st, 2010 @ 9:50am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:

Find a copy of IDW's Spotlight Blurr. You'll see.

I googled IDW Blurr. The mold is a perfect match. I just wish they would have gone more G1. It doesnt follow what they have done with the other "G1 movie style" figures. (Rodimus, Kup, Cyclonus, Galvatron, Scourge) I wonder if the generations head would fit on animated Blurrs body and still transform ???
Re: Official Images of Transformers United UN-16 Blurr (1138230)
Posted by kirbenvost on October 21st, 2010 @ 10:01am CDT
Rated X wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:

Find a copy of IDW's Spotlight Blurr. You'll see.

I doubt it, I'm afraid. Generations Blurr's head is much larger than Animated's. Also, the head crest on Animated Blurr is visible in alt mode, and the rear pointed part of his head actually sticks out the back as part of the car.

It might fit, but it probably wouldn't look very good.d
Re: Official Images of Transformers United UN-16 Blurr (1138235)
Posted by Stockade on October 21st, 2010 @ 10:05am CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:Pass. Not digging the off white racing stripe or the head at all.

Siding with Razorclaw about this one and picking up the Hasbro version and saving money to boot!
Re: Official Images of Transformers United UN-16 Blurr (1138273)
Posted by Blurrz on October 21st, 2010 @ 11:46am CDT
This shit is beautiful. I would not be called Blurrz if I didn't pick this baby up. Sea Camo Blurrz. Argentina Cop Car Blurrz. Whatever, this is like candy to me.

Since when the hell did everyone start caring about Blurr? His Animated toy does him great justice and this Generations figure is a bonus. Who cares what he came from. From my perspective, it's Drift who was the white Blurr in IDW's comics.

Look, Drift's repaint could have be any no name character. Could have been repainted into any character that was a race car in G1. No, instead it's Blurr - Hasbro's noticing the connections between characters, they're paying attention and that's something we should be very happy about. We aren't going to get any senseless repaints in our Classics-verse of toys. Re-freaking-joice.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #226 - Fire in the Sky
"Fire in the Sky"
Posted: Sunday, July 7th, 2019

Buy "KRE-O Transformers Stealth Bumblebee & Autobot Jazz Sets (31145 & 98814)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Rid Hasbro Rumble Figure Loose" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME - FIRST EDITION SERIES - STARSCREAM (A24)" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME - ROBOTS IN DISGUISE - ULTRA MAGNUS VOYAGER CLASS (A8)" on EBAY
Buy "[ToysHero] In Hand Transformers Generations Siege Galactic Man Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "1995 Transformers Beast Wars: Optimus Primal Bat Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 40 Deluxe Bumblebee Shatter Movie Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Prime VEHICON Complete Warrior 2011" on EBAY