Official Images of Wave 3 Netflix Transformers Figures Found on Singaporian Contest Flyer

Official Images of Wave 3 Netflix Transformers Figures Found on Singaporian Contest Flyer

Wednesday, January 13th, 2021 12:30am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 30,459

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Yup, the title is not just a bunch of random words strung together even though it may look like it at first. An image has surfaced online regarding a flyer a Sinaporian found in their local Toysrus. It is a flyer regarding a contest where if you spend 100$, you can enter for a chance to win an upcoming exclusive deluxe figure. And those deluxes happen to be part of the upcoming wave 3 of Netflix figures sold at Walmarts in North America. They are the same figure we previously saw but this is the first time we see their official images as well as their names.

We see Netflix Cheetor, the purple Paleotrex which is called Crystallux and the rusty (zombie) Datsun called Rusticon.

Transformers News: Official Images of Wave 3 Netflix Figures Found on Singaporian Contest Flyer


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Official Images of Wave 3 Netflix Transformers Figures Found on Singaporian Contest Flyer (2092530)
Posted by Nuclearxpotato on January 13th, 2021 @ 12:42am CST
That flier's been said to have been a fake by leakers. Which is really believable since... y'know look at it. Crystalex and Rusticon have not existed. We know that Wave 3 is (Sparkless) Barricade, Quint, Cheetor, (Sparkless) Deep Cover. Also, it's not even printed or cut to the margin... this was made in MS Word.
Re: Official Images of Wave 3 Netflix Transformers Figures Found on Singaporian Contest Flyer (2092531)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 13th, 2021 @ 12:44am CST
Yeah, uh, scroll up a few posts.
Re: Official Images of Wave 3 Netflix Transformers Figures Found on Singaporian Contest Flyer (2092532)
Posted by Abejorro1997 on January 13th, 2021 @ 12:48am CST
Was I the only one who saw the thumbnail for the news post and for a second thought it was Whirl and Roadbuster?

493097889f396a3b8a15446a2d1a1f57.png
Re: Official Images of Wave 3 Netflix Transformers Figures Found on Singaporian Contest Flyer (2092535)
Posted by Emerje on January 13th, 2021 @ 1:52am CST
Taking a little time to think about it, how can these be fake? The only pictures we've seen are from leaks, but the flier is clearly using stock photos that we've never seen before. So if these are fake then where did the person get the photos from? Doesn't add up.

As for Crystallux being alone instead of packed with Megatron, that may not mean anything. If it's an official contest, packaging rules don't necessarily apply, they could be polybagged for all we know. Likewise Rusticon doesn't have a lightbar in the leak we saw or a visible one in this official image so maybe it isn't Barricade, maybe it's someone else, maybe the leaks were just wrong?

I don't know, I need more information to write it off as fake. More I look at it the more real it seems, especially the use of never before seen stock photos.

Emerje
Re: Official Images of Wave 3 Netflix Transformers Figures Found on Singaporian Contest Flyer (2092536)
Posted by Deadput on January 13th, 2021 @ 2:25am CST
Emerje wrote:Taking a little time to think about it, how can these be fake? The only pictures we've seen are from leaks, but the flier is clearly using stock photos that we've never seen before. So if these are fake then where did the person get the photos from? Doesn't add up.

Photoshopping images of the toy for printing, if the whole "Some other leaker is making it up" thing is true, they might of used their own photos.
Re: Official Images of Wave 3 Netflix Transformers Figures Found on Singaporian Contest Flyer (2092538)
Posted by Emerje on January 13th, 2021 @ 2:58am CST
Deadput wrote:
Emerje wrote:Taking a little time to think about it, how can these be fake? The only pictures we've seen are from leaks, but the flier is clearly using stock photos that we've never seen before. So if these are fake then where did the person get the photos from? Doesn't add up.

Photoshopping images of the toy for printing, if the whole "Some other leaker is making it up" thing is true, they might of used their own photos.

Possible, but seems like an awful lot of work just to troll people. Acquire leaked figures, take convincing photos that nobody has ever seen before, photoshop a fake flier and take it to a store to photograph. Seems far fetched. If they're going to go to that kind of effort then why not do something more convincing?

Emerje
Re: Official Images of Wave 3 Netflix Transformers Figures Found on Singaporian Contest Flyer (2092543)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on January 13th, 2021 @ 3:13am CST
Emerje wrote:
Deadput wrote:
Emerje wrote:Taking a little time to think about it, how can these be fake? The only pictures we've seen are from leaks, but the flier is clearly using stock photos that we've never seen before. So if these are fake then where did the person get the photos from? Doesn't add up.

Photoshopping images of the toy for printing, if the whole "Some other leaker is making it up" thing is true, they might of used their own photos.

Possible, but seems like an awful lot of work just to troll people. Acquire leaked figures, take convincing photos that nobody has ever seen before, photoshop a fake flier and take it to a store to photograph. Seems far fetched. If they're going to go to that kind of effort then why not do something more convincing?

Emerje

Honestly, it might be possible they just don't realize this isn't incredibly convincing.
Re: Official Images of Wave 3 Netflix Transformers Figures Found on Singaporian Contest Flyer (2092544)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 13th, 2021 @ 3:14am CST
I actually have a different question, don't the Netflix figures get released there anyway? If so then the claim of limited edition isn't true as two of the three will be receiving normal release anyway, and the other will hit shelves with the third spoiler pack. Then of course is the fact that this contest is being launched before any of the three is revealed officially :lol:

Bottom line: this one should be easy to confirm or debunk for fans in that region, just ask the shop/Hasbro Asia representative
Re: Official Images of Wave 3 Netflix Transformers Figures Found on Singaporian Contest Flyer (2092550)
Posted by MeGrimlock78 on January 13th, 2021 @ 6:12am CST
"For every $100 spent will enter you..." isn't proper grammar.
Re: Official Images of Wave 3 Netflix Transformers Figures Found on Singaporian Contest Flyer (2092558)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on January 13th, 2021 @ 8:29am CST
MeGrimlock78 wrote:"For every $100 spent will enter you..." isn't proper grammar.


I wouldn't take that to mean anything in a country where English isn't the primary language.
Re: Official Images of Wave 3 Netflix Transformers Figures Found on Singaporian Contest Flyer (2092559)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 13th, 2021 @ 8:30am CST
MeGrimlock78 wrote:"For every $100 spent will enter you..." isn't proper grammar.


No s#it, Sherlock.

It's just your typical Engrish.
No need to make a fuss. ¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯
Re: Official Images of Wave 3 Netflix Transformers Figures Found on Singaporian Contest Flyer (2092561)
Posted by william-james88 on January 13th, 2021 @ 9:24am CST
Nuclearxpotato wrote:That flier's been said to have been a fake by leakers.


That's not what was said. The leaker simply said the names are not the same they heard. That doesn't mean the flyer is fake. And nowhere was it said the the images were fake, which is all that matters with the news right now for anyone outside Singapore.

TF-fan kev777 wrote:
MeGrimlock78 wrote:"For every $100 spent will enter you..." isn't proper grammar.


I wouldn't take that to mean anything in a country where English isn't the primary language.


English is the primary language of Singapore but their own dialect, which is different from the one spoken in the US.


All in all, what matters is the new pics, not much else. And if this whole affaire has taught me anything (especially in the discussion found on other boards) is that many americans assume the rest of the world is the same as them, which is not the case.
Re: Official Images of Wave 3 Netflix Transformers Figures Found on Singaporian Contest Flyer (2092562)
Posted by MeGrimlock78 on January 13th, 2021 @ 9:44am CST
william-james88 wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
MeGrimlock78 wrote:"For every $100 spent will enter you..." isn't proper grammar.


I wouldn't take that to mean anything in a country where English isn't the primary language.


English is the primary language of Singapore but their own dialect, which is different from the one spoken in the US.



I did not know that, thanks! I was confused why the flyer was in English.

I feel that if the flyer were real, there'd be some legal disclaimers though. Maybe on the back...
Re: Official Images of Wave 3 Netflix Transformers Figures Found on Singaporian Contest Flyer (2092572)
Posted by counterprime321 on January 13th, 2021 @ 12:14pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
Nuclearxpotato wrote:That flier's been said to have been a fake by leakers.


That's not what was said. The leaker simply said the names are not the same they heard. That doesn't mean the flyer is fake. And nowhere was it said the the images were fake, which is all that matters with the news right now for anyone outside Singapore.

No, Wreckgar39 on TFW2005 clearly stated that "It's fake, meant to be a prank by another leaker/early seller".
Re: Official Images of Wave 3 Netflix Transformers Figures Found on Singaporian Contest Flyer (2092580)
Posted by khrome on January 13th, 2021 @ 1:23pm CST
Is it me or do the Netflix figures feel cheaper plastic than the main seige lines?
I got Hotlink.. and his arm keeps falling off, whereas my Starscream -basically the same model- is pretty solid.
Re: Official Images of Wave 3 Netflix Transformers Figures Found on Singaporian Contest Flyer (2092581)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on January 13th, 2021 @ 1:32pm CST
khrome wrote:Is it me or do the Netflix figures feel cheaper plastic than the main seige lines?
I got Hotlink.. and his arm keeps falling off, whereas my Starscream -basically the same model- is pretty solid.


That's one of the symptoms of mold degradation. The more a mold is used, the more it's worn down, to the point sculpted detail is lost and, more importantly, parts get misshapen and don't fit right any more.

The Siege Seeker mold has been used for a good number of figures:
  • Starscream
  • Thundercracker
  • Skywarp
  • Decepticon Red Wing
  • Seeker Acid Storm
  • Seeker Ion Storm
  • Seeker Nova Storm
  • Hotlink

Yours may be a one-off, but any mold used for like 5 figures may get pretty iffy.
Re: Official Images of Wave 3 Netflix Transformers Figures Found on Singaporian Contest Flyer (2092583)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 13th, 2021 @ 1:47pm CST
You may have landed a lemon because my Hotlink is rock solid.
Re: Official Images of Wave 3 Netflix Transformers Figures Found on Singaporian Contest Flyer (2092584)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 13th, 2021 @ 1:51pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:You may have landed a lemon because my Hotlink is rock solid.

I feel that, mine is just above average, being used that much in a year does feel like its taken its toll on this mold
Re: Official Images of Wave 3 Netflix Transformers Figures Found on Singaporian Contest Flyer (2092603)
Posted by Emerje on January 13th, 2021 @ 5:34pm CST
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
khrome wrote:Is it me or do the Netflix figures feel cheaper plastic than the main seige lines?
I got Hotlink.. and his arm keeps falling off, whereas my Starscream -basically the same model- is pretty solid.


That's one of the symptoms of mold degradation. The more a mold is used, the more it's worn down, to the point sculpted detail is lost and, more importantly, parts get misshapen and don't fit right any more.

The Siege Seeker mold has been used for a good number of figures:
  • Starscream
  • Thundercracker
  • Skywarp
  • Decepticon Red Wing
  • Seeker Acid Storm
  • Seeker Ion Storm
  • Seeker Nova Storm
  • Hotlink

Yours may be a one-off, but any mold used for like 5 figures may get pretty iffy.

I thought it was proven a while ago that mold degradation was not really a thing anymore thanks to more efficient molding practices and it all came down to quality control? None of my Seekers have any issues, be it Siege or ER molds and I have them all, likewise some of the CW molds that were used a ridiculous number of times felt fine from start to finish. Meanwhile Selects Swoop and Ricochet are floppy messes despite being only the second use of the molds. And we've all experienced brand new first run figures that could hardly stand up on their own. If figures have issues it's almost certainly the factory's fault, not the molds.

Emerje
Re: Official Images of Wave 3 Netflix Transformers Figures Found on Singaporian Contest Flyer (2092657)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 14th, 2021 @ 7:09am CST
Emerje wrote:I thought it was proven a while ago that mold degradation was not really a thing anymore thanks to more efficient molding practices and it all came down to quality control? None of my Seekers have any issues, be it Siege or ER molds and I have them all, likewise some of the CW molds that were used a ridiculous number of times felt fine from start to finish. Meanwhile Selects Swoop and Ricochet are floppy messes despite being only the second use of the molds. And we've all experienced brand new first run figures that could hardly stand up on their own. If figures have issues it's almost certainly the factory's fault, not the molds.

Emerje

Emerje hit the nail on the head.

To go with this, my Hotlink is nice and tight, but my red swoop is a floppy mess that can't even hold a pose as an arm to a combiner, so it's QC over degradation

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Series Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundwave and Soundblaster" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Grimlock" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
Twincast / Podcast #268:
"Call Me 2020"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Battle Masters Blowpipe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Iron Factory IF EX-27 Shrike's Feather Streamwing (Slipstream)" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Earthrise Decepticon Airwave Deluxe Class War for Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Cyberverse Gnaw Sharkticon" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee Rescue Guard" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS TITANS RETURN - WINGSPAN & CLOUDRAKER - WALGREENS EXCLUSIVE" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS  DARK OF THE MOON MECHTECH LASERBEAK 2010 MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Lot Graham, Burns, Cody, Firefighter, Police HASBRO" on EBAY