Official Images - Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix

Official Images - Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix

Friday, July 29th, 2016 4:52am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 38,319

Also from Cybertron Con 2016 in Shanghai, Hasbro has released the official stock images for the new release of the new familiar mold of Unicron - under the Platinum Edition line this time. The images show the Destroyer in robot and planet mode, with and without Kranix, plus some new artwork of him in planet mode and of his brain. Check it all out below!

Transformers News: Official Images - Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix

Transformers News: Official Images - Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix

Transformers News: Official Images - Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix

Transformers News: Official Images - Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix

Transformers News: Official Images - Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix

Transformers News: Official Images - Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix

Credit(s): Hasbro

Re: Official Images - Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1810221)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 29th, 2016 @ 5:02am CDT
Exact same stock photography as the Amazon figure. Looks like we're getting a straight reissue in a fancy new box.
Re: Official Images - Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1810241)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 29th, 2016 @ 5:52am CDT
I know this is probably the only unicron figure we'll get from now until the day we all die, but is it too much to ask they retool it a little bit more, like enough to get rid of the out of place glowing murder hand?
Re: Official Images - Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1810330)
Posted by WeatherManNX01 on July 29th, 2016 @ 9:29am CDT
I'm very excited to finally get a chance at this, as I missed the Amazon figure last time around. I can then replace the Universe Unicron that I've had for nearly 8 years now (and making me feel old, now that I think about it).
Re: Official Images - Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1810331)
Posted by Tyrannacon on July 29th, 2016 @ 9:29am CDT

Re: Official Images - Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1810332)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on July 29th, 2016 @ 9:32am CDT
Tyrannacon wrote:That Galvy repaint looks decent. Probably better than the first release of it. Would love to see more detailed shots, but in due time I guess.

Fort Max is a heavy retool of Metroplex, yes.
Re: Official Images - Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1810346)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 29th, 2016 @ 9:44am CDT
Tyrannacon wrote:I wouldn't mind a Unicron that's larger, but the price point might be a bit higher than anticipated since it's not using the city-mode molds I think? I know I read somewhere that Fort Max and MetroPlex use some of the same tooling/molding. Please correct me if I misunderstood or am misinformed.

That's a bit of an interesting point, they are retools of each other, but that shouldn't have had an impact on the price, as Trypticon, Scorponok, and Omega Supreme are likely to be all new molds, and Dev's was also a new mold, so, clearly, being a retool did nothing but increase hasbro's profits on the Fort Max mold >:oP
Re: Official Images - Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1810362)
Posted by Tyrannacon on July 29th, 2016 @ 10:09am CDT
Sigma Magnus wrote:

Fort Max is a heavy retool of Metroplex, yes.

Alright. Thought that was the case, thank you!

Hellscream9999 wrote:

Like I said, you guys are probably more experts in this area than me here. So I yield to you guys. I just was kind of applying what I consider "common sense" to the situation here.
Re: Official Images - Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1810365)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 29th, 2016 @ 10:17am CDT
Tyrannacon wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

It's all good, you did raise a valid point, and I think a lot more people owuld have taken to Fort Max if the msrp was lower - especially since hasbro flat out stated that it's cheaper to remold a figure...
Re: Official Images - Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1810366)
Posted by william-james88 on July 29th, 2016 @ 10:18am CDT
Re: Official Images - Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1810372)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 29th, 2016 @ 10:37am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Look at it this way guys, did Hasbro ever sell any seekers for less because they were reusing the same mold for several decos? Hasbro looks at a price range and makes sure that the costs work with it. If it costs them less, good for them but don expect it to cost less for you.

I never for a second thought that they would lower the cost, I just said it was theoretically less, and that fans would have taken to Fort Max better if it was cheaper out of the gate.
Re: Official Images - Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1810401)
Posted by Tyrannacon on July 29th, 2016 @ 11:25am CDT

This is the motto of capitalism. :P
Re: Official Images - Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1810417)
Posted by galvatron00 on July 29th, 2016 @ 12:04pm CDT

And then there's Unicron. I just had a friend say to me the other day "I see you don't have a Unicron in your collection, did they ever make one?" I said "Yeah they did, a few variants actually." He said, "Why don't you have it?" I said, "I'm lazy."

So now I may have to get this one. I REALLY WISH they'd make one bigger than Fortress Maximus/Metroplex, like that one the 3rd party company teased on April Fool's Day.

Dang it Hasbro.
Re: Official Images - Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1810424)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 29th, 2016 @ 12:24pm CDT
Fellow Seibertronians, hot on the heels of the other Platinum Edition reveal, and after the reveal of the set last night at the Shanghai Cybertron Con, we now get official images of the Rise of Rodimus Prime Platinum Edition set. This set features a repainted Transformers Titanium Rodimus Prime, a repainted Transformers Generations Galvatron, and a Matrix of Leadership for them to fight over. Check out the images of the figures and the box art, and let us know what you think in the comments below.

Re: Official Images - Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1810433)
Posted by william-james88 on July 29th, 2016 @ 12:52pm CDT
itscramtastic wrote:Again, the artwork from the box has sucked me in to make me want figurse I don't really need. If anyone picks up ANY of the Platinum sets and wants to sell me the boxes, I'm around!

Dang it Hasbro.

Re: Official Images - Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1810443)
Posted by galvatron00 on July 29th, 2016 @ 1:15pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Hasbro has a titan class now and wants to make one a year. I feel that its there they would do a new unicron (and then retool him into Primus).
But that's like..3 years away!
Re: Official Images - Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1810446)
Posted by durroth on July 29th, 2016 @ 1:21pm CDT
Did they answer the important question of whether Rod is plastic this time?
Re: Official Images - Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1810451)
Posted by william-james88 on July 29th, 2016 @ 1:33pm CDT
durroth wrote:Did they answer the important question of whether Rod is plastic this time?

I believe he was confirmed to be metal.
Re: Official Images - Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1810453)
Posted by durroth on July 29th, 2016 @ 1:35pm CDT
Crap. So its going to be overweighted joints again
Re: Official Images - Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1810455)
Posted by MrBlack on July 29th, 2016 @ 1:38pm CDT
durroth wrote:Crap. So its going to be overweighted joints again

Well, at least it will go well with that Galvatron then. :p
Re: Official Images - Platinum Edition Unicron with Kranix (1810461)
Posted by william-james88 on July 29th, 2016 @ 1:54pm CDT
MrBlack wrote:
durroth wrote:Crap. So its going to be overweighted joints again

Well, at least it will go well with that Galvatron then. :p

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Sideswipe & Bumblebee MIX LOT 3’" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Stuntwing Mini Con" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Robots in Disguise GRIMLOCK Hasbro Warrior Class Combiner Force NIP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Stormshot Jet Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Jet" on EBAY
Buy "STRONGARM Transformers - Robots in Disguise" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Soundwave lot complete WFC Cassette Corp Ratbat Rumble Ravage" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise - CLIFFJUMPER  - NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Soundblaster complete WFC 35TH Anniversary Generations" on EBAY